Code of Conduct

Smile i need help with CREED fragrances!

Hi guys!

thanks for visiting my thread

i am planning to buy some creed fragrances from fragrancenet. since everyone has positive view to it.

i also heard that creed fragrances smells better when they are aged.

if that is true and i think fragrancenet. sells older bottles, and they all should smells same as new one or better ?

what do you guys think ??

and second thought, if CREED fragrances smells gets better as they are aged, which ones are should i go for ?

im planning to get

Aventus

GIT

SMW

MI

Original vetiver

VIW

i want to know which one is better for older bottle and which one is for new.

Default Re: i need help with CREED fragrances!

I have Aventus...etc by creed and it's especially stronger then frags I've confronted at authorized dealers : have to say, that this not a myth by far and can honestly through empirical test and experience being more opulent . I have tried and purchase from authorized creed vendors in the past ( trial & error)and have notice my Fragrancnet purchase of this afore mention frags were deeper, richer and longer lasting IMHO. I had such a marvelous experience that I've bought back up bottles of my Creed frags...Cheerios
    Last edited by magnus611; 9th November 2013 at 04:23 AM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I love purchasing them brand new from the store because the batch is new. and in the Case of Creed they use a lot of natural ingredients that do go bad, and anything with Alcohol will change with time, The fresh concoction smells best. I purchased an old Bois de Portugal and then went to buy a new one at the Creed Store What a Difference. The Pineapple Scent in it smelled so fresh it was amazing. clean! not Flat.

Have no idea how old the bottles are that Fragrancenet sells, but of the one you're considering, I'd put the following at the top of your list:

GIT
    MI
    VIW
    Aventus

(257)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorofscent View Post
    I love purchasing them brand new from the store because the batch is new. and in the Case of Creed they use a lot of natural ingredients that do go bad, and anything with Alcohol will change with time, The fresh concoction smells best. I purchased an old Bois de Portugal and then went to buy a new one at the Creed Store What a Difference. The Pineapple Scent in it smelled so fresh it was amazing. clean! not Flat.
    Welcome to Basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    I have Aventus...etc by creed and it's especially stronger then frags I've confronted at authorized dealers : have to say, that this not a myth by far and can honestly through empirical test and experience being more opulent . I have tried and purchase from authorized creed vendors in the past ( trial & error)and have notice my Fragrancnet purchase of this afore mention frags were deeper, richer and longer lasting IMHO. I had such a marvelous experience that I've bought back up bottles of my Creed frags...Cheerios
    thank you for sharing your experience!

i got my aventus fresh batch 2013 and it smell so nice and i think im going to try older bottle from fragrancenet.

again thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

indeed! my aventus smells amazing and its batch 2013.

thank you for reply!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Have no idea how old the bottles are that Fragrancenet sells, but of the one you're considering, I'd put the following at the top of your list:

GIT
    MI
    VIW
    Aventus

(257)
    haha same here i dont know how old they are altough cant be that old rite ?

thx for listing up fragrances! i will try in that order for sure

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    Welcome to Basenotes!

thank you.

All the one's you picked were good choices.

If you are going to buy MI I would buy it fresh.

Fragrancenet has very high turnover so the bottles are pretty fresh. Buy what you want and hold them for 2 years if you want to age them. There is no easy way to find aged bottles and it doesnt matter anyway.
    CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

With your considerations on getting Aventus, git, smw, mi, ov, & viw;.... I feel there are a few things to know; First choose which Creed you will wear the most because it will satisfy your interest for this fragrance house overall. The second thing to be aware of is that compliments will come as they tend to do, but don't spray a lot. Typically, I like to wear a Creed fragrance around the house for a few days so I can build an understanding with it. As with any fragrance some will smell better certain times of the year (Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter). I've read countless forums on Basenotes and recalling not anyone saying Millesime Imperial is a strong scent. However I've asked few women while hanging out only to hear them say [Millesime Imperial] is strong when I wear it. And that's usually after applying 3-4 sprays.

If I had to select a Creed to purchase first, it'll be Aventus because it can be worn virtually anytime of the year, and its not boring at all. My second choice would be Millesime Imperial cause its like the nephew of Jardin d'Amalfi and the cousin of Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Fragrancenet has very high turnover so the bottles are pretty fresh. Buy what you want and hold them for 2 years if you want to age them. There is no easy way to find aged bottles and it doesnt matter anyway.
    wow ic. hmm ok so if i want to age them, open and use it first and age them or in box untouched ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FreshSmell View Post
    With your considerations on getting Aventus, git, smw, mi, ov, & viw;.... I feel there are a few things to know; First choose which Creed you will wear the most because it will satisfy your interest for this fragrance house overall. The second thing to be aware of is that compliments will come as they tend to do, but don't spray a lot. Typically, I like to wear a Creed fragrance around the house for a few days so I can build an understanding with it. As with any fragrance some will smell better certain times of the year (Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter). I've read countless forums on Basenotes and recalling not anyone saying Millesime Imperial is a strong scent. However I've asked few women while hanging out only to hear them say [Millesime Imperial] is strong when I wear it. And that's usually after applying 3-4 sprays.

If I had to select a Creed to purchase first, it'll be Aventus because it can be worn virtually anytime of the year, and its not boring at all. My second choice would be Millesime Imperial cause its like the nephew of Jardin d'Amalfi and the cousin of Aventus.

yes indeed i think im going to start with aventus since its very popular !

thank for your advice!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    All the one's you picked were good choices.
    thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    If you are going to buy MI I would buy it fresh.
    i went to boutique recently to smell fresh one. wow what a pleasure

i never smelled aged one tho

Dont make it too complicated. If you like the way they smell the buy and wear them. No one knows if aging does anything to change the smell of Creeds. They smell great the day they are made.
    CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

I have about five Creeds and I love them all in there own way. Mine are perhaps a couple years old and don't skip a beat. All safe daily office scents.
    Silver Mountain Water leads my pack with MI, RO, GIT & Aventus close behind. I still have many to sample at Creed and I do find they all stand the test of time for freshness and versatility.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Currently I don't own any FB'S but IMO VIW is the best

You get pineapple in bois du portugal? are you sure you did not confuse it with aventus?

Perhaps someone should point out that despite what the Creed SAs tell you, we are not dealing with vintage wine here...

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Dont make it too complicated. If you like the way they smell the buy and wear them. No one knows if aging does anything to change the smell of Creeds. They smell great the day they are made.
    second thought u r very rite