Code of Conduct

Default Prada Luna Rossa Extreme

Anyone tried this?

I sampled yesterday and it was actually pretty decent (to my surprise). Nothing too powdery like I was expecting. A kind of fresh oriental, with a fair bit of sweetness, somewhat green/citrusy in the top notes, and nice vanilla dry down. Seems very wearable and versatile for all seasons.

Haven't heard much about it on here. Mind you I've never smelt the original Luna Rossa so can't compare, but did seem to have some DNA of Prada PH (from what I recall).

Default Re: Prada Luna Rossa Extreme

I tried this one in store and posted a brief impression during the interregnum. I can't find that thread now, nor can I remember much about the scent but it was broadly positive, in line with your notes, and certainly a big improvement upon the dishwater original.

I bought this one instantly after sampling. It is much more refined thal Luna Rossa. It is no big surprise but a well-made everyday scent that smells a bit like a simpler Lonestar Memories (believe it or not ;-). The drydown has a nice ambroxan vibe. It`s long lasting but stays Close to skin.
    Se son fiori fioriranno ...

Unfortunately this one is nothing more than a watered down version of Dior Fahrenheit Absolute.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

I really like Luna Rossa, but was let down by its performance (especially its longevity).

So when I heard about the Extreme I was pretty excited to try it out. Lo and behold it smells nothing like regular Luna Rossa, IMO. And, on its own merits, I thought it was nice, but not what I was looking for (a more intense Luna Rossa).

I still might grab a bottle of Luna Rossa, and just deal with the poor longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    I tried this one in store and posted a brief impression during the interregnum. I can't find that thread now, nor can I remember much about the scent but it was broadly positive, in line with your notes, and certainly a big improvement upon the dishwater original.
    Ouch!! So much dislike for LR! Although it is a safe wear I still really dig it. Great spring/summer office scent with a wonderful lavender note. Love the mint in this one as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I really like Luna Rossa, but was let down by its performance (especially its longevity).

So when I heard about the Extreme I was pretty excited to try it out. Lo and behold it smells nothing like regular Luna Rossa, IMO. And, on its own merits, I thought it was nice, but not what I was looking for (a more intense Luna Rossa).

I still might grab a bottle of Luna Rossa, and just deal with the poor longevity.
    For a fresh scent I get pretty good longevity from this. Glad you like it though.

Tried the original. Not too impressed. Will have to check out the extreme version.

I got the Luna Rossa Extreme as the 9ml miniature gift today: a cool little bottle in its small box. Funny thing is that I got this miniature as a gift for being a loyal Prada customer... and the reason I'm loyal to them is because they make great soapy+powdery scents... so... their gift is a new fragrance which is not soapy at all... maybe they don't know why I buy their scents. I appreciate the gift, it's just that I tend to dislike houses who are unable to grow an style and tradition in a coherent way.

I tried it. My first impression is "this isn't the kind of fragrances I like". Then, I took a shower... and the scent was greatly improved after the shower (it's an eau de parfum, so it easily stays in your skin after a shower). I'm not saying this as a bad point, because the resulting scent was great, and I just wished somebody made such scent. It reminded me of some good soap I used in my childhood after practicing swimming, although I cannot remember which one.

But... of course... it would be quite weird to buy Luna Rossa Extreme for using it _before_ showering (although I'm tempted to do it, because it smells great... and no... it doesn't migrate to regular Luna Rossa when washing it... it has different notes).

Didn't care for the original when I tried it. This one reminded me a lot of the original. (557)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Also pleasantly surprised when I first tried it. Though it may not be a highlight among Prada fragrances, personally still finding it inoffensively nice, even if not spectacular.

Have to check this one out!

Tried it over the weekend and found it unmemorable. If I had to choose, I'd probably take the original over the extreme version.

Basenotes Junkie

Sprayed this earlier today and loved it. All else being equal, not judging the performance and whether it is similar to original (It's not), I found the scent very enjoyable. It is basically a nice composition, can't pick the notes apart I just know that I liked from first sniff and that is not a frequent thing for me. Will be getting a full bottle for sure. Too bad amazon don't carry it yet (another macys exclusive).

I smelled a scent strip and this reminded me of Paco Rabanne PH. Anybody else get that?

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I smelled a scent strip and this reminded me of Paco Rabanne PH. Anybody else get that?
    Never tried vintage Paco.. Love new Prada though, amazing scent. I actually took Dior's Eau for Men back to Macys and exchanged for it.
    I figured 2 sprays of DHI + 1 spray of AF Fierce would have me covered in Diors area...

I've tried the LRE but like Prada Amber PH Intense better.

Basenotes Institution

I, too, was surprised that this really does not smell like the original. Where's the fresh lavender notes?

The Extreme is spicy, warm and whereas I normally am drawn towards this type of scent I felt this was a bit too synthetic for my tastes. If that is ambroxan in the base, then perhaps I am not a fan of that note. I had a similar experience with Spicebomb, which I really wanted to like, but ultimately the synthetic quality of it ruined it for me.

If I had to compare the Extreme to any other scent it would be Halston Man.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I really like the original a lot. It smells great, to my nose, and that's what matters to me. LR Extreme deepens and spices up the theme a bit and, of course, also smells great. So i have both to soothe the kind of Luna Rossa itch i may have from time to time.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I like it alot and bought a bottle. Also the Extreme to me is quite different than the original. This has got to be one of the cheapest EDP around, no?

I'm interested in trying this one. The original isn't anything to write home about, but I am curious to compare it with this one.

I liked this better than the original...

I couldnt even tell you what the orginal smelled like anymore. I just remember it being uninteresting. This however was pretty decent to me. Strangely on fragnatica I think I saw it compared to bottega veneta but I actually got more of a leather smell in this than in the latter. Yet I dont see any leather notes. Pretty thick and spicey.. Cant see myself ever buying it, but its memorable to me now at least.

I find this very similar to the original, only this one incorporates a little spice. I'm surprised some people aren't seeing the similarities. It's so close that I'd consider it redundant to own both.

Reminds me of lonestar memories n desert marocain by andy

edit: was thinking of amber pour homme intense vs. amber pour homme ... deleted my response

banner first post, lol
    Last edited by Anosmic; 28th March 2014 at 01:48 AM.

Sprayed this on my arm at a store today. Still reminds me of Paco Rabanne PH. That's a good thing.

I don't get Paco Rabanne... if I did, I'd probably decide to have kept it.

I like this one. Good longevity. It's got this cool Coca Cola vibe. It smells similar to LeMale in the dry down

I love prada luna rossa extreme, very great one from the house.
    I dont see the similarities though, I found the first one to be too light and short lived when this one packs a punch you can smell form across the room.

This is great stuff. Two sprays lasts all day. My wife loved it on me when I got home this evening. And the Paco Rabanne comparison is still there for my nose anyway. There are still some very good scents being released, even at Macy's.

Have it and love it. Love the opening

This is a interesting fragrance and long lasting. Though there is a clove / eugenol note in this blended with mint, which just does not sit well with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    I like this one. Good longevity. It's got this cool Coca Cola vibe. It smells similar to LeMale in the dry down
    I tried this one again over the weekend, and I while I don't think it's all that similar to the original, I can definitely see the Le Male comparison. The lavendar and vanilla are both prominent in each, but where as Le Male is a little smoother, Luna Rossa Extreme is much spicier. The black pepper is very prominent with LRE.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    This is great stuff. Two sprays lasts all day. My wife loved it on me when I got home this evening. And the Paco Rabanne comparison is still there for my nose anyway. There are still some very good scents being released, even at Macy's.
    LOL.....ironically enough, that's exactly where I tried it.

And I agree, this one is really good stuff! I'm contemplating getting a bottle.
    Last edited by SportsFan; 24th November 2014 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Didn't care for the original when I tried it. This one reminded me a lot of the original.
    Ouch!! Tried the original last week and what a generic scent It is... Generic citrus, a bit sour, similar to... Azzaro Chrome Legend... Really boring. If It wasn't Prada symbol and a nice bottle, nobody would probably care. Can't think of an extreme version of that cheap-smelling fragrance...