Code of Conduct

Default Fragrancenet no longer ships to Canada

Please note unfortunately, we are currently not offering delivery service to Canada. We have temporarily suspended our shipping services so that we can enhance our Canadian shopping experience. Please continue to check our site periodically for updates regarding this matter.

--------------------------------------------------------
    I recommend http://www.perfumedeals.com/

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fragrancenet no longer ships to Canada

Whoa what. Fragrancenet has been my go to for a lot of my orders. I hope they come back soon. Maybe they'll lower the shipping price? Hahaha, one can dream.
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

Splash Bottles Suck

I tried to order SL Bois de Violette at the beginning of October and when I went to check out there were no shipping options to Canada that could be selected. I called customer service and one of their agents told me they were currently updating their shipping options to Canada. I asked when Canadians could start ordering from fragrancenet again and he said he really did not know, but guessed a few weeks.

I ended up getting Bois De Violette from Beauty Encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by VintagePoison View Post
    Whoa what. Fragrancenet has been my go to for a lot of my orders. I hope they come back soon. Maybe they'll lower the shipping price? Hahaha, one can dream.
    Try out fragrancebuy.ca.....they are Canadian and shipping is cheaper, especially if your're in Ontario. There is a coupon on bargain moose website for $5 off ....I forget what it was though.

Don't forget to check out PerfumeParadise.ca
    Freelancer - Social Media Ninja - GFX Design Enthusiast - Web Design Junkie - Coding Noob - Your Very Own Techie!

Quote Originally Posted by weylin View Post
    Please note unfortunately, we are currently not offering delivery service to Canada. We have temporarily suspended our shipping services so that we can enhance our Canadian shopping experience. Please continue to check our site periodically for updates regarding this matter.

--------------------------------------------------------
    I recommend http://www.perfumedeals.com/
    Fragrancenet does ship to Canada. Choose 'USA' for the Country and 'AE (Military Europe/ME/Canada)' for the State. Also clear your browser's cache to get the 20% coupon code.

Splash Bottles Suck

Quote Originally Posted by just-visiting View Post
    Fragrancenet does ship to Canada. Choose 'USA' for the Country and 'AE (Military Europe/ME/Canada)' for the State. Also clear your browser's cache to get the 20% coupon code.
    just-visiting, you posted the exact same thing on the fragrancex shipping thread; did you not see my response?

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...26#post2992426

What you are suggesting does not work. Selecting AE for the state requires a special American zip code assigned specifically for use by the United States Postal Service.

Can you please stop spreading info that is not true.

This is very unfortunate; I enjoyed FragranceNet's prices and even though the orders took a while to ship, they were always well-packed. I hope they offer Canadian shipping again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DadeWilliams View Post
    Don't forget to check out PerfumeParadise.ca
    They have a really good selection but the prices are quite high. Coupled with $17 shipping it's hard to justify a purchase unless you cannot find it anywhere else.

Basenotes Plus

I ordered and then not two days later I tried again and had no options to ship to Canada any longer. I asked them what was up and they got back to me right away, with this vague answer. But, it's an answer none the less.

I've since ordered from fragrancebuy. ca (so fast, free shipping and prices are well enough, selection isn't as well as fragrancenet or fragrancex though) and fragrancex. com. Very happy with both but will gladly go back to fragrancenet for selection and prices. And, if shopping time and costs are improved with whatever they are doing now, I'll be even more happy.

Thank you for contacting FragranceNet.com.

We apologize but at this time we are unable to provide delivery to your country.
    We are working to improve and increase our international shipping options so that we may better serve our customers in the future.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,
    FragranceNet.com
    Customer Service
    1-800-PARFUMS (727-3867)
    631-582-5204 (international)

Trusted Online Since 1997, Over 15,000 Genuine Brand Name Fragrances, Skincare, Haircare, Candles, Aromatherapy & more...
    fh

-------------------------------------------------------
    hi. Did you stop shipping to Canada? You are my
    go to place and I've ordered quite consistently in
    the last few months. Please, tell me, if you no longer
    ship to Canada will you start again sometime soon
    and if not, why not? Thank you.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    - - - Updated - - -

Yeah, this does not work.
    Last edited by Captain; 6th December 2013 at 10:49 PM. Reason: typos ofc!

Any fellow Canadians with an update from Fragrancenet?
    I sent them a couple emails and no response with regard to Canadian orders.
    Beauty is in the nose of the beholder.

I emailed them about 5 days ago inquiring about plans to resume shipping to Canada.
    Haven't received any response.

Looks like us Canadians and good customer service are not a priority.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by scentert View Post
    I emailed them about 5 days ago inquiring about plans to resume shipping to Canada.
    Haven't received any response.

Looks like us Canadians and good customer service are not a priority.
    And, why should Canadians be their priority? We are not entitled to their services. I am terribly disappointed as well but trust they are working on it. And, if not, there are other places to order from.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    And, why should Canadians be their priority? We are not entitled to their services. I am terribly disappointed as well but trust they are working on it. And, if not, there are other places to order from.
    Sure we are not entitled to their services. But lets say that Basenotes decided to restrict all the users whose ISP ends with ".ca" from using their website, wouldn't you be curious and start asking questions as to the reasoning behind that? Would you just say: "ah, whatever, screw them , there are other fragrance communities out there."
    Canadians should be a priority because there is a big market here in Canada for perfumes and a lot of US websites offer shipping exclusively to Canada in addition to US shipping. Besides being a big trading partner with the US and being in physical proximity to them, we are also only the 2nd largest country in the world.
    Secondly, a good customer service implies keeping consumers informed of any changes (I don't regard the sketchy post on this forum as a legit status update). It also means replying to customers like myself when they send an email with a particular question.

Canadians should be a priority because there is a big market here
    Agree - have used them for easily 5K+ purchases in the last 2 yrs, shame that they are pulling off Canada...However, yet to find any other retailer to match their prices (+ the ebates 6-12% cash back). So a bigger loss for customers than FNet imho.

Basenotes Plus

Your 5k plus is a drop in the bucket. Canada is 10x smaller than the US we are a tiny market, we are not the second largest country in the world lol. We are a very small country with a large land mass, which makes expensive and time consuming to ship within. It has nothing to do with "free trade" either. We live in a country where shopping is a challenge.

I don't think they've shut us out in a malicious way, they are improving service and if not, it's not really worth getting excited about.

Your 5k plus is a drop in the bucket. Canada is 10x smaller than the US we are a tiny market, we are not the second largest country in the world lol. We are a very small country with a large land mass, which makes expensive and time consuming to ship within. It has nothing to do with "free trade" either. We live in a country where shopping is a challenge.

I don't think they've shut us out in a malicious way, they are improving service and if not, it's not really worth getting excited about.
    It's a business they run & I have no issues if they don't ship here (anymore) - except to find another retailer with their kind of inventory & price

If they do start back, that'll be awesome, as many of my best priced parfums were bought off them...

Basenotes Plus

I have a few places I've been using, nothing priced as well or with the same awesome selection but close, I can PM them to you if you like? One is even in Canada and has really great service.

I wonder how many orders they fill from contries like Liberia and Ethiopia? Surely, Canada is a bigger market than them, no? They seem to have no problem shipping to those countries, yet they refuse to ship to the country that they share the largest international border with, and also, don't have the decency to give a reason why, or respond to customer inquiries on the matter. The situation is being handled very poorly. I also find it annoying that they send me an email everyday, but refuse to ship to my country. Anyways, I hope it gets sorted out soon.

Basenotes Plus

If anyone wants the places I've been using, I'm PM-able, I won't be following this any longer.

If anyone wants the places I've been using, I'm PM-able, I won't be following this any longer.
    PM'd.

Great, they finally "upgraded" their shipping to Canada.

Say hello to FedEx and brokerage fees.

Paying $60 shipping for Creed GIT is a big NO for me.
    Guess it's time to give other websites a try.

Great, they finally "upgraded" their shipping to Canada.

Say hello to FedEx and brokerage fees.

Paying $60 shipping for Creed GIT is a big NO for me.
    Guess it's time to give other websites a try.
    Where in Canada are u located? I usually ship my orders to Blaine, Wa since I'm in Vancouver, BC. I just drive across the border on a weekend and pick it up when I do grocery shopping. Never a hassle to pay taxes/duty on my way back into Canada.

Where in Canada are u located? I usually ship my orders to Blaine, Wa since I'm in Vancouver, BC. I just drive across the border on a weekend and pick it up when I do grocery shopping. Never a hassle to pay taxes/duty on my way back into Canada.
    I'm from Montreal. The cross border shipping idea actually crossed my mind, as I bought my winter tires by shipping them to the border in VT. Only difference is that I was going to Vermont for 3 days and was allowed to have $800 of goods.

I assume you just declare the groceries and not the fragrances once you come back to Canada.
    I heard of quite a few bad experiences when dealing with border agents, that not declaring items doesn't put me at ease...

I'm from Montreal. The cross border shipping idea actually crossed my mind, as I bought my winter tires by shipping them to the border in VT. Only difference is that I was going to Vermont for 3 days and was allowed to have $800 of goods.

I assume you just declare the groceries and not the fragrances once you come back to Canada.
    I heard of quite a few bad experiences when dealing with border agents, that not declaring items doesn't put me at ease...
    I do declare everything. I usually buy just 1 or 2 fragrances at a time. With grocerries I usually declare under $500 for the day trip and never had to pay any taxes at the border. Maybe it's because I have a Nexus card?

Ordered some Guerlain Heritage EDP from Fragrancenet today. It's great to see them back, even though their shipping rates have increased.

By the time I total the 21% Fragrancenet discount coupon, E-bates 6% cash back and $10 shipping freeshipping.com credit, it's still the most reasonable option I could find for the fragrance.

Da hell? I try to order something from their website and the first red flag is the Fed Ex only shipping option. Then the $30+ shipping charges. I guess time to look elsewhere...
    Summer 2014 rotation:
    1. L'eau d'Issey Summer Edition 2012
    2. Polo Sport
    3. Nikos Sculpture Homme
    4. Versace pour Homme
    5. Dior Homme Sport
    6. YSL L'Homme
    7. Cool Water (oh yea!!)
    8. Millesime Imperial
    9. Ciel Man
    10. Montale Aoud & Pine

Wanted: bottle of Montale Intense Cafe and Aoud Leather.

Basenotes Plus

actually right now it says free shipping worldwide right now. give it a try right now.

But the "International Processing Fee" becomes $24+ on a $105 order with the free worldwide shipping code, so its still useless. Last september I only paid $10 for shipping with no processing. Fragrancenet needs to get their act together and drop fedex or add another carrier.
    Summer 2014 rotation:
    1. L'eau d'Issey Summer Edition 2012
    2. Polo Sport
    3. Nikos Sculpture Homme
    4. Versace pour Homme
    5. Dior Homme Sport
    6. YSL L'Homme
    7. Cool Water (oh yea!!)
    8. Millesime Imperial
    9. Ciel Man
    10. Montale Aoud & Pine

Wanted: bottle of Montale Intense Cafe and Aoud Leather.

Holy crap........ I just tried to see what the charge for shipping would be for 1 bottle of Creed at fragrancenet.com and it was 53 dollars for shipping through fedex!!?!?!?!!

Are they out of their minds?

How is that a better option for Canadian shoppers. For 53 dollars, my bottle of cologne must get driven to my house in a Fedex Bugatti Veyron.

I'll stick with frangrancex.com. The selection may not be as good and the initial cost might be a little higher but at least I know I'm getting free shipping with no extra bullshit. Good job fragrancex. At least you have the shipping part of the game won in a big way.

Just a heads up FragranceNet Canada has a store front on amazon.ca.
    Shipping was not bad, I got four 3.4oz bottles shipped for $29 with no brokerage or duties charged. Seemed like it was shipped from Canada.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/node/index.h...&redirect=true

Basenotes Plus

Nice cndscentguy!! I noticed they ship to Canada now on their site but it's pretty pricey + brokerage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheppy99 View Post
    Holy crap........ I just tried to see what the charge for shipping would be for 1 bottle of Creed at fragrancenet.com and it was 53 dollars for shipping through fedex!!?!?!?!!

Are they out of their minds?

How is that a better option for Canadian shoppers. For 53 dollars, my bottle of cologne must get driven to my house in a Fedex Bugatti Veyron.

I'll stick with frangrancex.com. The selection may not be as good and the initial cost might be a little higher but at least I know I'm getting free shipping with no extra bullshit. Good job fragrancex. At least you have the shipping part of the game won in a big way.
    I know right? I cannot believe that they think people will pay these ridiculous charges. My pricing out of curiosity puts them as more expensive than the bay and shoppers for equal products, plus you have to wait for delivery, sign etc.

They are now officially dead to me as an option. Like you, I continue using fragrancex.com.

J

- - - Updated - - -

Looked at some of the prices for Christian Dior Men's and 30% over The Bay/ Shoppers. Just bonkers really. (on the amazon.ca store)
    Last edited by jcummings68; Yesterday at 09:33 PM.