Code of Conduct

Default Are compliments directly related to fragrance application location?

What I've notice is, that I have worn Vince Camuto for the past two days and have received compliments both days. Now, to me the fragrance smells stellar. However, I started thinking, "what have I don't differently, I wonder?". Well, I normally spray to the shirt and call it a day. For the last two days, I have sprayed to the back of my neck. The warmth of body heat radiating outward has caused the fragrance to project and get noticed a bit more. We all know this, but its funny how the way you apply your fragrance can affect the way it is perceived by others.

Now, perhaps people could not smell it on my shirt. Maybe the could. Perhaps wearing it on my neck made the fragrance illuminate in some sort of way that transformed its presence. Perhaps a combination of both, which is what I feel is going on. I'm not so concerned with compliments as I wear fragrances for me, but it is to get them on occasion.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Are compliments directly related to fragrance application location?

I always spray to the neck area..
    Pulse points lasts longer in most cases..

Perhaps fragrance location affects the ability of others to perceive what you're wearing and thus offer a greater chance of receiving a compliment, but personally never think about that. It's always nice to receive compliments whenever they happen though. (268)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

If the respective person/s is/are already into a particular fragrance and thus the longevity, sillage, projection etc. of that fragrance are a clear plus, any application spot that better highlights the fragrance without being neither underused nor over-applied helps. But precisely this location that brings out the best of a fragrance once applied differs from person to person and thus hard to universally establish (for some, it works better on the usual pulse points, for others on the chest etc.).

Very good thoughts! I agree with Hednic in that I don't usually ponder this, but the compliments for two days in a row got me to wondering what was so different. I thought to myself that they must be able to smell the fragrance better and linked it to my application location. I think most fragrances that smell good in general will get a compliment if only it can be perceived.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Perhaps fragrance location affects the ability of others to perceive what you're wearing and thus offer a greater chance of receiving a compliment, but personally never think about that. It's always nice to receive compliments whenever they happen though. (268)
    What does the (268) in your comment mean?

If I smelled it from the cleavage, I'd definitely compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by stoavio View Post
    I'm not sure but I'm guessing he's counting his posts since the move back to vbulletin.

for swap/sale:

I generally don't spray on the neck - too close to the face for me. I generally spray under clothes / on my wrists to avoid olfactory fatigue and feeling like I am being molested by my fragrance. But maybe I'll start spraying on the back of my neck...

I find that spraying on my wrists doesn't last long on me. It fades quick. Maybe because I wash my hands often??

Chest area, behind the ears plus Cranial hair and both sides of the neck, and that's all she wrote...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Spraying on hands is good for an hour on me.

Depends on the fragrance, but if I want it to project, I spray on my carotids, chest, and hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I find that spraying on my wrists doesn't last long on me. It fades quick. Maybe because I wash my hands often??
    Same here.

In a word, yes. Also, the strength on the fragrance plays a large part. You're not going to get compliments if people can't smell you.

I don't like compliments. It feels like I overapplied. So I apply three shots under my shirt. If a bomb, one.

Now, there are people with an amazing sense of smell. You can't escape from these ofactory predators. Basically, IMHO, it doesn't matter were you apply it, they will always get the smell independently if you applied it in your neck, behind your ears or on your harmstrings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stoavio View Post
    It is the paragraph number in

Anonimous, (1635), "On Scents and Oils to be Used in the Persuit of Prosperity when Worshipping Ceres", Heuhglein Press, Paris.

Cheers!

I almost only ever spray to the chest and therefore only really get compliments from people who hug me.

...you usually just spray your shirt, not skin?

...?

Are compliments directly related to fragrance application location?
    Compliments are directly related to other people smelling the fragrance.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam