Code of Conduct

Default Creed vs bond. 9

hello guys again

today i went to bond.9 boutique and i tried few from their house, it was pretty nice!

i found out that some fragrances from bond.9 smell so similar to fragrances from Creed.

i dont know the names but one smelled like GIT and SMW

i think there were more but i dont remember what it was

whos better ? creed or bond no.9 ?

Default Re: Creed vs bond. 9

My personal preference is for Creed.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

I like many Creed fragrances but only one Bond no 9 scent from what I have tried. A lot of them are imo insipid and uninspired.

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to like Bond's but they are way overpriced for like Jack said uninspiring compositions. I guess I'm a Creed fan boy on this one.

I prefer Creed.

Btw:
    Chez Bond = GIT
    Hamptons = SMW

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I tend to go for Creed, overall. I'm just more of that sort of fragrance fan - I like mainstream scents that are just a bit "special" in some way. Creed provides that sort of thing very dependably.

But sometimes I just feel like something more edgy and modern, and Bond is good for those moods. I own a fair number of Bonds for that reason. I'm excited about the new one, New York Patchouli. My one sniff was very positive. Looking forward to testing it on skin.

Asking who's better, Creed or Bond, is like asking which is better - a symphony doing pops or a jazz bar. My answer: YES.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    I wanted to like Bond's but they are way overpriced for like Jack said uninspiring compositions. I guess I'm a Creed fan boy on this one.
    Bonds are a bit overpriced - I agree. I find Bond REALLY uneconomical, unless it's something that I don't hesitate to wear. I usually wait until I'm absolutely positive that I love one of their scents, before I'll buy it. Creeds are almost impossible for me to fall out of love with. If I get tired of a Creed, it's only temporary.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Creed= most are great, a few are fantastic, and most are FBW.
    Bond No. 9= most are average, some are scrubbers, and only a few are FBW

Bond No.9 makes some really nice fragrances - I have about 7 or 8 of them. Several of them I don't care for. But others are absolutely incredible.

But Creed is... well... Creed. And IMO, Creed has no equal.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Creed is better. I have a several bottles of both brands. No reason to love one and hate another - rivalries are best left for sports

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I agree with the majority

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm obviously the only one on the Bond side of things. I have yet to find a Creed that I like...I find them bland, boring, and stuffy...but that's obviously just my opinion. Bond may have some misses like every fragrance house known to man, but their great one's are truly great!! And yes there are a few that smell like some Creeds but if you stop and count up how many you will find there aren't many...the VAST majority of Bonds are unique and stand alone. I just get tired of the whole "all Bond does is copy Creed" argument.

Post Thanks / Like

I own around 8 or 9 Creeds. I own 2 Bonds. My Creeds would be the last to go. The Bonds are in the middle of the pack. I love Creed....really the only house I feel that way about.

All that said, the Bond store in NYC treated me like a king last summer. Best customer service ever. Freebies out the wazoo, but I did spend over $300...

Bond makes a very nice product, but Creed is the top of the art form in my book.

Post Thanks / Like

Creed overall is a better house. However, I really enjoy New Haarlem, New York Amber and Riverside Drive.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer Creed over Bond. However, it's hard to argue Bonds excellent longevity.

About GIT = Chez and SMW = Hamptons.

I find they are hints of each other but not the same.
    Just trying to help out those that may be looking for the “equals” equation. My experience so far leans toward there are no “equals”.

GIT is transparent and has that Creed house note. Chez is creamy and does not have the Creed house note. I think its always wise to smell both sides of the equation.
    Beauty is in the nose of the beholder.

Post Thanks / Like

Creed all the way..

Post Thanks / Like

Its even for me. Only because of this: I love a whole bunch of Bond 9 perfumes. And only 2 Creed. Silver Mountain Water and Millesime Imperial. I've been wearing MI for almost a decade now! So thats got to mean something! To me, it means the love equals technically loving a greater number of Bond!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    My personal preference is for Creed.
    thank you for your reply!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I like many Creed fragrances but only one Bond no 9 scent from what I have tried. A lot of them are imo insipid and uninspired.
    ic ic thank you for your reply!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    thanks! alot of people think that and im very convinced now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    I prefer Creed.

Btw:
    Chez Bond = GIT
    Hamptons = SMW
    o wow... hmmmm 100% same ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I tend to go for Creed, overall. I'm just more of that sort of fragrance fan - I like mainstream scents that are just a bit "special" in some way. Creed provides that sort of thing very dependably.

But sometimes I just feel like something more edgy and modern, and Bond is good for those moods. I own a fair number of Bonds for that reason. I'm excited about the new one, New York Patchouli. My one sniff was very positive. Looking forward to testing it on skin.

Asking who's better, Creed or Bond, is like asking which is better - a symphony doing pops or a jazz bar. My answer: YES.

- - - Updated - - -

Bonds are a bit overpriced - I agree. I find Bond REALLY uneconomical, unless it's something that I don't hesitate to wear. I usually wait until I'm absolutely positive that I love one of their scents, before I'll buy it. Creeds are almost impossible for me to fall out of love with. If I get tired of a Creed, it's only temporary.
    thank you for the reply! again your examples in comparison was very nice!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    Creed= most are great, a few are fantastic, and most are FBW.
    Bond No. 9= most are average, some are scrubbers, and only a few are FBW
    i love creed and i wanted to like bond.9 hmmm maybe couple i liked but somehow i dont really want to buy it yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Bond No.9 makes some really nice fragrances - I have about 7 or 8 of them. Several of them I don't care for. But others are absolutely incredible.

But Creed is... well... Creed. And IMO, Creed has no equal.
    ic. thank you for the reply!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Creed is better. I have a several bottles of both brands. No reason to love one and hate another - rivalries are best left for sports
    ic thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Creed indeed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    I'm obviously the only one on the Bond side of things. I have yet to find a Creed that I like...I find them bland, boring, and stuffy...but that's obviously just my opinion. Bond may have some misses like every fragrance house known to man, but their great one's are truly great!! And yes there are a few that smell like some Creeds but if you stop and count up how many you will find there aren't many...the VAST majority of Bonds are unique and stand alone. I just get tired of the whole "all Bond does is copy Creed" argument.
    u r very rite ! well im still trying bond.9 i cant find what i want. there are so many kind.

is there something u prefer ? from bond.9

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I own around 8 or 9 Creeds. I own 2 Bonds. My Creeds would be the last to go. The Bonds are in the middle of the pack. I love Creed....really the only house I feel that way about.

All that said, the Bond store in NYC treated me like a king last summer. Best customer service ever. Freebies out the wazoo, but I did spend over $300...

Bond makes a very nice product, but Creed is the top of the art form in my book.
    $300 ... i think they do somekinda of promotion nao atm. free big bottle if u buy 2 of any i think.

i dont know if creed does

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    Creed overall is a better house. However, I really enjoy New Haarlem, New York Amber and Riverside Drive.
    i only tired new haarlem from ur list. i should try others

Post Thanks / Like

It's hilarious that people think Bond is overpriced, yet Creed is SO worth the asking price!
    If you were to put aside smell (since that's subjective anyways) and judge on performance alone, there's no contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Next View Post
    I prefer Creed over Bond. However, it's hard to argue Bonds excellent longevity.

About GIT = Chez and SMW = Hamptons.

I find they are hints of each other but not the same.
    Just trying to help out those that may be looking for the “equals” equation. My experience so far leans toward there are no “equals”.

GIT is transparent and has that Creed house note. Chez is creamy and does not have the Creed house note. I think its always wise to smell both sides of the equation.
    ahhhhh i really wish i can pick one from each house......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    It's hilarious that people think Bond is overpriced, yet Creed is SO worth the asking price!
    If you were to put aside smell (since that's subjective anyways) and judge on performance alone, there's no contest.
    they both pricey but some are really worth it i guess. i dont know bond have so many frag i havnt tried

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Creed all the way..
    ok

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    Its even for me. Only because of this: I love a whole bunch of Bond 9 perfumes. And only 2 Creed. Silver Mountain Water and Millesime Imperial. I've been wearing MI for almost a decade now! So thats got to mean something! To me, it means the love equals technically loving a greater number of Bond!
    any good ones from bond.9 ?

i like SMW or MI type unisex.

not offending

Creed all the way!

When Bond get it right, they absolutely nail it

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer Creed.

Btw:
    Chez Bond = GIT
    Hamptons = SMW

Honestly, Chez Bond does not =GIT. It only wants to =GIT. Its definitely not as good to me. I am very unimpressed with the Bond line.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Creed has some of the best stuff on the market, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by briankeith513 View Post
    Honestly, Chez Bond does not =GIT. It only wants to =GIT. Its definitely not as good to me. I am very unimpressed with the Bond line.
    You bumped a 3 month old thread for that?

I wasn't suggesting that they're 100% the same, but Chez Bond was definitely "inspired" by GIT. Look into the bio of Laurice Rahme, and you'll find even more evidence to suggest this.

Don't you see the similarity?

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

I like a few creeds, can't stand anything bond does. Not sure if that counts as a vote .
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior Privee, Chanel Exclusif, Creed, Maison Francis Kurkdjian, MOLECULE 01
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

Creed for me.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I opened a 3 Month old thread and responded in it. I apologize that "bumping" it by replying in it seems to bother you so dearly. However, my point in saying that Chez Bond doesn't equal GIT, was not to directly oppose your statement as it may seem, it was merely my emphasis on my dislike for Chez Bond's imitation of GIT.

Honestly, no offense, but I cannot see why people get so up in arms when a person replies to an older thread. If that some how bothers another person, nobody is forcing them to reply, and they remove or change their subscription to that thread if they'd like.

You bumped a 3 month old thread for that?

I wasn't suggesting that they're 100% the same, but Chez Bond was definitely "inspired" by GIT. Look into the bio of Laurice Rahme, and you'll find even more evidence to suggest this.

Don't you see the similarity?
    Last edited by briankeith513; 24th February 2014 at 12:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer Creed, own 14 bottles
    I like Bond No.9, own 18 bottles.

Neither are my preferred house, but Creed ranks above Bond - but as oppose to many on BN, I actually like and love most of my Bond fragrances.

Yes, they have copied 3-4 Creeds - Chez Bond is NOT as great as GIT, but IMHO it's still a fantastic nice soft clean fresh green smelling scent. I would not call it redundant because it's a copy of GIT..... it has its own place. I can wear Chez Bond better in the summer heat, than I can with GIT.

For me GIT is the perfect spring scent, Chez Bond is the perfect summer alternative to GIT.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit