Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Chasing the past - Oriza L. Legrand

Now also sold at Luckyscent except the newest one - Muguet!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Funny coincidence, I just purchased a sample set of their whole line for my silly reviews. Got quite mixed feelings from friends about their scents!

My sales thread | Rare, discontinued & vintage stuff!

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

Basenotes Member Roberto Duran's Gloves's Avatar

They have 2 new releases coming in a couple of weeks - Vetiver Royal Bourbon & Royal Oeillet.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Duran's Gloves View Post
    They have 2 new releases coming in a couple of weeks - Vetiver Royal Bourbon & Royal Oeillet.
    Actually there will be five new ones. The two you mentioned above +
    Marions-nous ( a floral aldehyde with blond tobacco), Violette du Czar (a very masculine and leathery violet) and Cuir de Russie.
    Last edited by hednic; 7th May 2014 at 05:32 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Wow so many, new sample pack please!
    We want a niche forum.

yes i need new sample pack ...

Really interested in Royal Oeillet ( love carnation and can't wait to see how this one differs from the Oeillet Louis XV). Also the Violets as well as the floral aldehydes

I'm currently sitting here with an orgy of 6 of these samples on my arms. Oh, my! Here's a few quick thoughts:
    Deja Le Printemps - Very easy to wear green spring-like fragrance with a fresh and noticeable fig note. Reminds me a bit of Victrix with fig added. Very unisex. Friendly and likable.
    Horizon - Very masculine to my nose. TONS of patchouli with some cocoa that I catch now and then. The description of notes sounds like SL Borneo but it reminds me more of Mazzolari Lui. You've got to really love you some dirty patch to go with this one. As it develops, it becomes softer and a bit powderier.
    Chypre Mousse - Oh, my. This one comes out of the gate all bug-eyed and crazy. Very sharp and not conventionally pleasant to me. It's very earthy and extremely green but also had a harsh alcohol/turpentine quality for the first few minutes, almost a kind of insect repellant vibe. After a while, it settles down to become a very realistic green fragrance. It's not prettied up like Deja Le Printemps. I'll have to ponder this one for a while.
    Royal Oeillet - strong, soapy carnation. Unisex. Not much else to say about it.
    Reve d'Ossian - Very, very nice incense fragrance with some very well done wood notes and floral nuances. I could definitely see myself buying a bottle of this. The only issue is whether or not I'm enough of an incense whore to buy yet another incense fragrance. I don't know if there's much unique about it, but it's beautifully done. For comparative purposes, it's like a much less sweet Wazamba without the apple note. I much prefer Reve d'Ossian.
    Relique d'Amour - Well, this is another one that people should try. It has a very realistic clean white lily note along with some incense and woods. People have said it smells like an old church and they aren't kidding. I would say, however, that it smells like a beautifully smelling older woman in an old church, which makes it much less wearable for me. I think it would smell great on my mother, who is a fan of Passage d'Enfer. I'd say that if you took PdE and increased the white lily note, turned down the incense and added whatever creates the old pew accord in Avignon, this is what you'd have. As a man, I'll stick with passage d'Enfer when I want to wear something along these lines.

I ordered a sample set of the original set of scents and very much liked Relique d'Amour and Reve d'Ossian. Looking forward to trying the 5 new ones too, so happy to see them now at Luckyscent.

Well my sample set has not arrived yet and the folks very kindly offered to ship it out once again, with tracking, free of cost!

Am a bit overwhelmed at such generosity and a very happy customer! :-)

Nice polite conversation and a little bit of caring can do wonders in my books...probably will end up buying a bottle of chypre mousse or perhaps the limited edition one

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by blackheart2925 View Post
    Well my sample set has not arrived yet and the folks very kindly offered to ship it out once again, with tracking, free of cost!

Am a bit overwhelmed at such generosity and a very happy customer! :-)

Nice polite conversation and a little bit of caring can do wonders in my books...probably will end up buying a bottle of chypre mousse or perhaps the limited edition one

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2
    Another company that has excellent customer service!

Ok to add to my previous comment...

I had ordered two sample sets which as per the website contains 7 samples from their total collection. However, it never arrived

The Oriza L. Legrand team not only shipped the same a second time immediately with tracking at their cost but also provided samples of ALL 8 PERFUMES available currently PLUS the THREE SPECIALS / NEW ONES.

All the samples came nicely wrapped together in a big box, carefully done and super fast delivery in two days!!! Maybe i should use more of La Poste delivery services if this is the speed!

2014-06-23 21.20.57.jpg

Left
    Foin Fraichement
    Muget Fleuri
    Vetiver Royal Bourbon

Right (two sample sets)
    Oeillet Louis XV
    Deja Le Printemps
    Reve d'Ossian
    Relique d'Amour
    Jardins D'Armide
    Chypre Mousse
    Horizon
    Royal Oeillet

Am simply over the moon! Finding it very difficult to start spraying all of these together to test them out hehe...patience oof!

P.S. The sample pack with the three specials/new ones...something in this one smells fantastic! A little similar to Maria Candida Gentile Gentile which makes me suspect its the Bourbon Royal Vetiver perhaps...totally out of this world scent! Or maybe its a mixture of all three

What i smell here is something creamy and a little powdery with hints of amber and vanilla but not like typical overpowering vanilla but something else...too bad am not able to define this better in my limited knowledge and experience!

Fantastic customer service from the Oriza L. Legrand team!

Note: Any spelling mistakes are my own and apologies in advance!
    Last edited by blackheart2925; 23rd June 2014 at 04:17 PM.

Sounds like one exuberant customer!

Blog Entries

Such customer service! It shows that they really care. This goes a long way, even just hearing about it.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

I also really like this house... am curious to hear about the new ones by the way. I know they are at lucky scent, but haven't ordered samples... the vinaigre de toilette (on lucky scent site) looks interesting too by the way!