Code of Conduct

Thread: Kansas City

Default Kansas City

other than Halls in the Plaza are there any good stores of fragrance shopping in KC?
    I may be going there next week.

Blog Entries

Default Kansas City

I've been there numerous times and I don't know of any other places. They have Creed, Hermes, L'Artisan, Bond, Cartier and they will mail anything to you that they may need to order if it is out of stock (no sales tax if you live out of state). They are quite helpful but be aware they are interested in sales so if you're only there to test a million things they may get aggravated. They're also pretty nice about samples, I've found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Kansas City

Thank you. I was there maybe 2 hrs ago - the Bond reps were annoyingly fun if that makes sense. I had fun as they sampled their stuff, but it was clear they wanted me to buy BOND (at first didn't know if they were Halls or Bond reps - clearly Bond). They're aggressive but pleasant. I did end up buying a couple bonds so it must have been effective lol.

I know there is a Brooks Brothers in the Plaza too - but last check I wasn't impressed with the BB scents.

Any other stores?

Blog Entries

Check St Johns for fun. Very chic . Tivol's is a must but I think closed on Sunday.

There an Anthroplogie store and a L'Occitane store in the Plaza. If you're willing to drive to another shopping mall, there is a Nordstrom's at the Oakpark Mall. The Plaza does have a website with a listing of all the shops - the full name is The Country Club Plaza.

Thank you all. I will report back on Sunday or Monday.

Blog Entries

Hall's was the place I made my first purchase of 'real' perfume; Cartier's- Panthere. In the pure parfum it is a creamy rich tuberose- delicious! I'm not sure if it's still available. If you have the chance, at least try the EDP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got back.

Went to Halls in Plaza.
    They have all the Bonds. They only have a few Tom Fords (only B Orchid, V Blonde, TF Men, TF Noir I believe). Was hoping to try Plus Japonais and the other private line ones. They have a few Cartiers, a few Hermes. They have Creed too. But Bond seems to be featured.

I ended up getting Success is the Essence of NY (formerly Andy Warhol Success is a Job in NY). I really like it. I am gonna really enjoy this for the winter.

Went to Oak Park Mall in Overland Park and went to Nordstrom. Disappointed that they didn't have the Diptiques, Bonds, and other full likes like the Nordstrom downtown in Chicago. I do realize some Nordstroms have wider selections vs. others.
    Also went to Lush and Sephora in the same mall. They also have a Perfume Place kiosk deal, but didn't spend much time there.

Halls is the place - but mostly for Bond and Creeds and a few of the other designers.

I'm glad you found something you like while you were in the area. It was an incredibly windy weekend!

Please note that this thread is being moved to the Shopping Guides section.

Blog Entries

Just back from Hall's. Sad to report; they are closing the Plaza location and moving to Crown Center only. This in July, 2014. Also, no more L'Artisan and Cartier Pantheré. I tried a few Creed special jumbo sized bottles. What are they called? I'll report in another thread. $675 each!