Code of Conduct

Default Comme de Garcons Incense Series rating order....favorite to least favorite

Hello everyone, my mini samples of all 5 of the comme de garcons incense series came in today....here are my initial rating and mini review of my favorite to least favorite... again this is only based on initial sniff... i will have to spend more time with each of these fragrance to do a full review.....

My favorite from this series is Zagorsk....i love the strong dry, sharp, smoky cigarette / incense scent... but very clean...there is just something about this one just seem to stand out from the rest...

Followed by Avignon...this one is also great...this one is kind of wet, salty, very dark, and less smoky...but i would still go with Zagorsk over Avignon....

Next is Kyoto, this one has kind of like a tom ford oud wood vibe to it...sweeter, spicy and woody....also very good

Coming at #4 is Ouarzazate..this one is somewhat ok...citrus, dirty, spicy, and has that dry saliva scent....kind of a weird scent, but it's ok....

And coming in last place is Jaisalmer...i didn't get much from this one at all...very weak and somewhat spicy...that's all i'm getting now...have to experiment with it more to see if there is something else that i am not getting now....

So yes, that is my initial take on comme de garcons incense series...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: Comme de Garcons Incense Series rating order....favorite to least favorite

Of the five, Avignon is my preferred.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Comme de Garcons Incense Series rating order....favorite to least favorite

I have the whole series, and in the beginning I rated Avignon the highest followed by Zagorsk. I still like both, but now I use Ouarzazate the most. It's the most quiet of the series and it has a subtlety that it took a while for me to appreciate.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

Kyoto
    Avignon
    Black

Everyone should smell Avignon. I love it but rarely want to wear it. Better as an ambient scent. Made up of approximately 50% Iso E Super, btw.

My rating:
    Zagorsk
    Kyoto
    Jaisalmer
    Avignon
    Ouarzazite

1. Avignon
    2. Jaisalmer
    3. Kyoto
    rest not a fan of

1. Kyoto/Avignon
    3. Zagorsk
    4. Ouarzazate
    5. Jaisalmar

I changed my mind now...same order but Avignon moved to first....
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

1. Kyoto
    2. Zagorsk
    3.Avignon
    4. Ouarzazate
    5. Jaisalmar

CDG incenses in order of preference:

Avignon
    Hinoki
    Jaisalmer
    Kyoto
    Oarzazate
    Palisander
    Sugi
    Blue Encens
    CDG edp Original
    Zagorsk

Ouarzazate
    Zagorsk
    ...close 1/2
    Avignon is a nice scent, but I don't enjoy wearing it.
    Kyoto, surprisingly, I wasn't impressed.

different strokes for different folks))

being Russian I have to say that Zagorsk is not very reminiscent of an Orthodox Church - it's much more a mixture of cigarette smoke, tar, pine and violets in contrast with sweet myrrh and labdanum of the Russian Lithurgy.

Avignon, Kyoto, Jaisalmer, Ouarzazate, Zagorsk for me.

For me…

1 - Avignon
    2 - Zagorsk
    3 - Kyoto
    4 - Jaisalmer
    5 - Ouarzazate

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Banned
    Blog Entries

Of the 3 I have tried Avignon is the only that sticks out..
    I blind bought Zagorsk- too piney
    SOTD- a few days ago was Kyoto-Ok peppery scent but only lasted a few hours
    Hopefully the other 2 will perform better as i have decants of them

Avignon is the standout without question for me.

Jaisalmer used to be my only (and I suppose therefore, signature) scent. Works well on me. Still love it. A compliment-getter, too. So for me:

Jaisalmer
    Avignon
    Zagorsk
    Kyoto
    Ouarzazate

I LOVE and own Avignon and Zagorsk.
    I LIKE and own Jaisalmer
    Ouarzazate, I never got in to, since I loved Gucci PH 1, and felt it too similar.
    I dislike Kyoto since it's such a subtle skin scent.

On another note, I'm having very bad luck recently with CDG bottles. Last year, my bottle of Jaisalmer's spraying mechanism went bad, it still functions albeit poorly. Yesterday, I wore Palisander and the spraying mechanism completely died, going to have to figure out how to pry the top off and decant remaining 2 Oz or so. And today, I'm wearing Tar, and it's spraying mechanism is leaking and performing poorly.

All of my CDG bottles are around 7-8 years old, I guess they are very poorly made or else I wouldn't have these issues. My general collection is over 200 bottles, so I don't get to use many bottles very often. They are all stored properly and sit upright, so I can't understand why the sprayers are going bad. I've had pretty bad luck with these, and a bottle of Dzing, a bottle of Jack Black Silver Mark, and a bottle of early Tauer Lonestar Memories. I'm sure I'm not the only one this has happened to that has owned bottles over time, but I just don't understand why these sprayers are not very durable.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Everyone should smell Avignon. I love it but rarely want to wear it. Better as an ambient scent. Made up of approximately 50% Iso E Super, btw.
    Where did you find out about the Iso E content? I have Avignon and love it best over the others since I grew up Byzantine Catholic and it is a dead ringer for the incense used during Mass.

I pick Kyoto over Avignon.

Agree, there is iso E super avignon, because iso gives me a headache... Avignon gives me a headache when spray too close to my nose

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

I own and love Jaisalmer. I'll wear it cross country skiing in the woods. I feel like I'm part of the woods wearing it.
    I also own Avignon. Used on various occasions. I've taken it to a catholic midnight mass and surreptitiously sprayed it.

I've yet to try the others. I completely want to buy Hinoki from the Monocle Series
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

Jaisalmer
    Ouarzazate
    Avignon
    Kyoto
    Zagorsk

Jaisalmer is my number one followed by Avignon and Kyoto. I have not tried the others.

Zagorsk
    Avignon
    Ouarzazate
    Kyoto
    Jaisalmer (the only one I dislike and don't own)
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

avignon is no'1 for me

Just Avignon for me!