Code of Conduct

Default Requesting info on Guerlain Vetiver

I know there are a thousand threads about this but I haven't come across any that discuss the EDC in depth. I recently stumbled upon this at a shop downtown and am wondering if anyone has info on it. They had 2 or 3 more that I might pick up if I can get more info.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    KCCO!

Default Re: Requesting info on Guerlain Vetiver

If the price is 19.95 - buy it - don't hesitate. EDC's were discontinued quite a while back, as well, the EDC's of yester years are of much higher strength than what you get now...The juice should be excellent - close to edt's strength imho due to it's age...Grt find...

I would be more than happy to buy 1 of you if you intend purchasing more than 1...

The shop that sells them is only open on weekends and I had to leave for work. The one I bought today is on reserve, but when I go back next weekend I will pick you up one no problem.
    KCCO!

Nice score alex!
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior,Chanel MFK, MOLECULE 01* VINTAGE ANTAEUS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

That's a great price.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

WOW! Very good deal. If I were you, I would look around at some of their other stuff. I bet you can find more than one gem in that store.

Mercutio - Unable to PM you; thanks for the offer to buy, much appreciated; please email me @ badarun@gmail.com for payment etc...

Blog Entries

Love seeing BNers score like this! BRAVO!!!

That is absolutely cool. Report back on the smell. Id be interested as well.
    Signature Rotation: A* Men, Pure Havane, Dunhill Pursuit, Varvatos Artisian, Guerlain Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtruck260 View Post
    That is absolutely cool. Report back on the smell. Id be interested as well.
    Applied one spray to each side of the neck and one on the wrist for testing purposes. Started off with a sweet, very clean, natural and a little soapy. I get almost no vetiver in the top notes. After a while the vetiver comes out and smells like a more organic Creed OV top notes. Longevity on my skin was about 6 hours but after 2 it stayed really close to the skin.
    I will see how many they have left and help you out as long as they have enough.
    KCCO!

I have a bottle of the EdC. It is my favorite of the Guerlain vetivers along with the vintage EdT. It seems to have more depth and less sparkling citrus than the current EdT.

It feels like it'd be more vetiver centric than the current ones which are more happy go lucky tobacco & citric notes.

for swap/sale:

I'll buy one too !

Have this on today. ALEX - thanks for picking one up for me.
    Wondering what year its from because its darn near perfect. I have tried a bunch of GV in its various incarnations (Extreme, Frozen, Sport...) and have also tried a few vintage and newer reformulations.
    The ribbed bottle is the worst. Newest version is terrific. THIS stuff is the best. Yeah...lacks longevity, but the overall composition rules.

Great score brother!
    Signature Rotation: A* Men, Pure Havane, Dunhill Pursuit, Varvatos Artisian, Guerlain Vetiver

please let me know if there is any more!!!! I'm interested in buying a bottle so if you can get one for me I'd be happy to pay you the cost, plus shipping, plus a finder's fee... thanks!
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads