Code of Conduct

Default Habit Rouge parfum question

This may have been brought up before in a previous thread, though I couldn't find it unfortunately....

I just wanted to ask if there is any difference in the formulations of the Habit Rouge edp in the clear bottle and the red leather bottle as both are being sold in different major stores (uk)

Any clarification would be appreciated, cheers.

Default Re: Habit Rouge parfum question

I haven't tried those specific bottles but I have read on here that they are the same. HTH.

I thought as much, I just wasn't 100%. Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

I thought as much, I just wasn't 100%. Cheers!

AFAIK the leather covered bottle contained oud which was removed in the reform to clear bottle. I'm unsure about other differences.
    Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...

I think it may have been removed from the notes description rather than from the fragrance. My Beau Cavalier bottle is supposed to be oudified but not to my nose. Paging Rubegon!

Also have the Beau Cavalier and I don't pick up any oud from that either.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I get a very subtle difference, the leather bottle is slightly denser in the drydown (maybe the oud?!), but the two are extremely similar.

The original version of the EDP and the parfum have agarwood (oud). I have the Beau Cavalier and the leather case bottles. The oud is not that pronounced.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I thought beau cavalier and the faux-leather edp were the original versions of the edp, whereas the current has just clear glass....

Basenotes Institution

Are we talking about the Eau de Parfum or the L'Extrait of Habit Rouge? There is no Parfum version.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle