Code of Conduct

Default Egoiste and DHI.

Hey guys,

First of all I would like to say that this is going to be another "WHICH SCENT IS BETTER PLS HELP" thread. :P
    I'm currently doubting about these two. I have never smelled Egoiste before, but on the other hand, I did smell DHI.
    I like DHI but I'm not really blooownn away from it. The drydown really is beautiful but it's way too potent in the first hours.
    According to BN, Egoiste is true masterpiece. Some of them also say it smells like a 60 year old woman (lol?).
    I'm new to fragrances aswell and I think if there is one fragrance I really hate, disgust then that would be Azzaro Pour Homme.
    So I hope Egoiste doesn't smell like it.

Any feedback on how it smells or what does it make you think of when you spray it on would be greatly appreciated.
    Also, DHI or Egoiste?

Thanks for reading.

Default Re: Egoiste and DHI.

DHI is distinctive among designers frags and stands out because of that and because exuding sensuality note that the juice in the bottle possesses, so to me DHI blows Egoiste out the water ...without a thought......peace
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Egoiste will always get my vote.
    Sandalwood cinnamon and rose, nothing like Azzaro PH

Egoiste (not Platinum version) is a masculine scent, that could pass for a fragrance to be released tomorrow. If over-sprayed, its citrusy, woodsy, and spicy opening could be over-powering. But, after 20-30 mins. it mellows down to a masculine floral with cinnamon scent, and then to a semi-sweet, woodsy dry down.

Egoiste is the better scent and classy though it is quite formal. DHI is more for casual wear with it's smooth sweet powdery accord.

You may also want to look at Trumper's Sandalwood as it has the same rosey sandalwood vibe as Egoiste but its more fun and relaxed. You get a wonderful rainbow array of florals of Rose, Jasmine & carnation that has a dose of vanilla to make it sweeter. It gets woodier in the basenotes.
    Last edited by Jack Hunter; 10th November 2013 at 11:04 PM.

Egoiste of the two would be my pick although I own and like both.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I much prefer Egoiste as I found it worth owning while DHI wasn't interesting enough for me. A sweet gourmandish fragrance where there are countless other fragrances that are much better in the same category.

Regardless, sample yourself and pick what YOU like
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

I will definetly sample both Egoiste and Platinum. I'm really hyped up for it. Hope I will like it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

DHI by far is better imo

Both smell great in my personal opinion, but only by a slight margin preferring DHI. Even if I have always been into classic fragrances like Egoiste and still am, as of lately, I am also fascinated by gourmand notes like the ones in DHI.

Dhi.

I only just sampled DHI on paper, and I found it to be a bit too sweet and potent. I think I prefer DH, which I felt would make a great office scent for me.
    Out of DHI and Egoiste, I'd take Egoiste, even though it is a bit sweeter than I normally like my scents. I'd advise testing it befoe you buy. It has a slightly older school feel to it for me, and although I like it, I think that could potentially be offputting for someone more used to fresh aquatics and other more recent releases. It doesn't smell old fashioned, but it might be a bit different from what you expect or are used to.

I just got rid of a new bottle of DHI. To me it stank and I couldn't stand the smell. Smells like a cheap hooker's lipstick. Pooey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherdil View Post
    I will definetly sample both Egoiste and Platinum. I'm really hyped up for it. Hope I will like it.
    If you are not already aware, Platinum Egoiste is a totally different scent that has nothing to do with Egoiste
    Last edited by martinijo; 11th November 2013 at 07:17 PM.

They are both excellent fragrances. DHI has a more modern smell.

I guess they should be both in your collection.

If you think that DHI is too potent in the first 2 hours you had better go real steady with the sprayer on Egoiste.

My vote is DHI btw.

Egoiste is my choice.

Since 1990, there have been few who have surpassed it.

Big difference between vintage Egoiste and the stuff they sell now...

Quote Originally Posted by roman_nik View Post
    Big difference between vintage Egoiste and the stuff they sell now...
    That's subjective. While I go with the reformulation bandwagon quite far, I don't believe that as far as Egoiste is concerned.

I bought a new bottle in 2006 and was amazed at how close it was to the original - so much that i don't believe it's worth hunting down a 90s bottle.

At the time, I was so surprised at how little it had changed to how I remember it from its first introduction, I checked with a friend who has a bottle from his uni days in 1990 and it was difficult to tell the difference.

I believe that Egoiste is one of the very very few fragrances (that for whatever reason) has managed to stay remarkably true to the first bottles in Oct 1990.

I still remember blowing my weekly student grant on this when it first arrived in the UK and being absolutely blown away by it.

I left Debenhams like a man in a dream.

Regards

I have both but prefer egoiste. Just feels "rich" to me . A very classy scent. I like DHI as well. But for some reason DH and DHI smell "flat" to me. Like they are missing something. Not sure what it is. I still wear both but reach for egoiste more often.

I can't stand Egoiste, so DHI automatically takes this.

I recommend that you take a look at Cuir Ottoman for a more reserved and sophisticated option to DHI.

Egoiste is a masterpiece, but DHI smells better to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jason_newton View Post
    That's subjective. While I go with the reformulation bandwagon quite far, I don't believe that as far as Egoiste is concerned.

I bought a new bottle in 2006 and was amazed at how close it was to the original - so much that i don't believe it's worth hunting down a 90s bottle.
    All I know is that I've been wearing Egoiste since 1996. I have a bottle from 2005 and a vintage bottle from late 90s and to me there is a vast difference. The scent is the same, but the vintage version is more complex, well rounded and has much better longevity. The juice itself is darker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    If you think that DHI is too potent in the first 2 hours you had better go real steady with the sprayer on Egoiste.

My vote is DHI btw.
    Exactly my very first thoughts. Egoiste is easiliy one of the most intense fragrances opening notes I've sampled in all my life. I agree that the dry-down is beautiful...but it's a loooooooong way to get finally there !

Besides, I absolutely love DHI, so...

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk

I love these two so much, it's like comparing apples and oranges. Depends on my mood and the day, some days I'll prefer Egoiste, others DHI. Wouldn't be without these.