Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: What's your preference for Black Orchid and Midnight Poison?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like/Love both Black Orchid and Midnight Poison

3 15.79%
  • Like/Love only Black Orchid

6 31.58%
  • Like/Love only Midnight Poison

2 10.53%
  • Don't care about either

8 42.11%

Default A Fragrance Poll for the Ladies only (gents please excuse me on this one...)

This is a poll regarding Black Orchid and Midnight Poison, and, sorry, for the ladies only. I've been having this curiosity for some time so I would request all you women to kindly vote in this poll. The background is that I have been thinking of gifting either of these two fragrances to some female friends and relatives of mine, and I'm wondering about the correlation of liking these two fragrances among the women on basenotes. To me, it somehow occurs that if you like one, you'd most probably like the other. Thank you all a lot!

P.S. To make matters a bit clearer, I've gifted some people either of these two, and thinking about gifting the other one.
    Last edited by freewheelingvagabond; 11th November 2013 at 01:51 AM.

Default Re: A Fragrance Poll for the Ladies only (gents please excuse me on this one...)

I like Black Orchid but don't own it because I think it's possibly a bit too loud, and because I smell it everywhere here in London (usually on men).

Midnight Poison smells like root beer to me, so I don't care for it.

Default Re: A Fragrance Poll for the Ladies only (gents please excuse me on this one...)

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    I like Black Orchid but don't own it because I think it's possibly a bit too loud, and because I smell it everywhere here in London (usually on men).

Midnight Poison smells like root beer to me, so I don't care for it.
    I see. I've been tempted to buy Black Orchid for myself, but I thought it wouldn't suit a man. Maybe it does.

Blog Entries

l love Black Orchid & own a bottle, & don't see why a man shouldn't wear it if he wants.

l have never tried Midnight Poison, but maybe l should...
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    l love Black Orchid & own a bottle, & don't see why a man shouldn't wear it if he wants.

l have never tried Midnight Poison, but maybe l should...
    You must try it. I have had a relatively limited exposure to fragrances for women, but I think it's mesmerising and hence it's passionately recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    You must try it. I have had a relatively limited exposure to fragrances for women, but I think it's mesmerising and hence it's passionately recommended!
    My personal opinion is that it is extremely cloying and highly unrecommended for a male.

Both are well-made and long-lasting fragrances, but neither satisfies me to a degree that I would like to purchase a FB.

Root beer in Midnight? I didn't smell that from what I've sampled of it. Hypnotic is more root beer to me. Interesting.

Don't really care for either MP or BO.

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    My personal opinion is that it is extremely cloying and highly unrecommended for a male.
    No, I never wore this stuff. I love it on a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Root beer in Midnight? I didn't smell that from what I've sampled of it. Hypnotic is more root beer to me. Interesting.

Don't really care for either MP or BO.
    Oh no you're right - sorry, I mixed them up! It was Hypnotic I was thinking of. But in fact that doesn't change my vote. I still prefer Black Orchid.

Okay this is going to sound very weird. I tried Black Orchid and it was okay, then I read the notes and saw cucumber. So decided to try it again and all I get is the cucumber note. I don't like cucumber to eat or want to smell like one either.

Midnight Poison pleasant enough, but never had the urge to buy or wear it.
    DONNA

Black Orchid smells like jam on me and Midnight Poison--well, there are better patch frags out there IMO.

I love the heavy scent of Black Orchid and the rich rose/patchouli in Midnight Poison.

I have both.

One article you need to read with a comment about Black Orchid:

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...me-ingredients
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.