Code of Conduct

Thread: Tiffany For Men

Default Tiffany For Men

I just scored a full 3.4 oz bottle of Tiffany for Men off of Craigslist for $45, which strikes me as a pretty great deal. The woman who sold it to me said her husband bought it and she thinks it smells wretched on him. What good news for me!

I'm wondering what the best and most appropriate way to wear this is. I think it smells great but have a few questions. I work in a corporate office but we have a casual dress code. Can this be worn as an every day office scent by someone in tennis shoes and chinos or jeans, or should it be reserved for more special occasions?

During my trial of it today, I was dressed casually and as I caught whiffs of it throughout the day, it didn't strike me as especially out of place in view of it being a weekend and wearing very casual attire, but I am curious to know how others perceive this scent. Is it one that commands a more sophisticated wardrobe and special occasion (date night, party, etc.) or is it acceptable to wear to the office on a daily/casual basis?

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tiffany For Men

I own it and love it Stoavio. I wear scrubs to work but would have no problem wearing Tiffany For Men to work, although I would definitely reduce the number of sprays I would use in a more relaxed environment to suit the workplace. This suave and understated fragrance would be appreciated by the wearer and those around him just about anywhere a fragrance wouldn't be out of place
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Blog Entries

I personally love to wear Tiffany for Men for "nice" occasions, but that is just a game I play with myself. For me, different fragrances have different moods - different colors - different styles. I love to coordinate my fragrances, just like women love to coordinate shoes and purses with their wardrobe and the occasion. For me, Tiffany for Men is a classy, old-school, timeless fragrance, and I wear it when I'm feeling up to the fragrance. Shaved, showered, dressed nicely, and feeling very civilized. Probably cooler weather, maybe going out to dinner or fancy shopping.

But I know some guys who wear the most outrageously expensive fragrances with grubby clothes - and I have nothing but admiration for that style. If that's you, go for it!

Like Ken says, this one is perfect for work - just keep it subtle, because it's an attention-getter.

Was it discontinued? I would like to have one too.

Quote Originally Posted by stoavio View Post
    I just scored a full 3.4 oz bottle of Tiffany for Men off of Craigslist for $45, which strikes me as a pretty great deal.
    Although personally not a fan, that is an exceptional deal on that scent. Congrats! (332)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by voidvader View Post
    Was it discontinued? I would like to have one too.
    No, not discontinued - just very hard to find outside of the boutiques - although you can mail-order from the web:

http://www.tiffany.com/shopping/Cate...r+-hr+-ri+-mi+

Wore it about two weeks ago, after not having worn it for about a year. Even though my sensitivity has been low for over a month now, it really "singed the nostrils," and I'm not sure why, perhaps the particular lavender/orris root/oakmoss combination. Anyway, I would only wear it on cold days and when I was going to be outdoors quite a bit. I prefer Versailles Pour Homme these days, when seeking an "old school" designer oriental.

Sound Scents

That is a great one you just acquired for sure. I personally only wear it on special occasions, but anytime the mood strikes you should suffice as it always smells good.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

i always wonder when i see folks talking about Tiffany for men if they go gaga over the an original version or if its still the same one you can buy today? Because i was in a Tiffany store last year, and sniffed the little tray of perfumes, and thought they were all rancid smelling. Especially this one.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    i always wonder when i see folks talking about Tiffany for men if they go gaga over the an original version or if its still the same one you can buy today? Because i was in a Tiffany store last year, and sniffed the little tray of perfumes, and thought they were all rancid smelling. Especially this one.
    In my case it is the vintage I own and love, but I confess to never sniffing the current version...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Can anyone give feedback / differences on the current vs vintage versions?