Code of Conduct

Default SOTD: Monday November 11, 2013

Apologize for error...what was I typing ...need some sleep
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Default Re: SOTD: Date: Monday 11, 2023

We'll alter the date for you, magnus611 .....thanks for starting it 'though!

Hi everyone - have a lovely day.
    Hope you return refreshed, magnus611!

Rose Oud - By Kilian.
    Last edited by lpp; 11th November 2013 at 08:29 AM.

Default Re: SOTD: Monday November 11, 2013

Ok, I haven't been able to log in at all, over and over the BN page did nothing..just was a white screen with basenotes.net on top. It's like I was on the page but it didn't load...what's up with that? Other sites loaded fine.. but just a white screen with BN.net. It feels like the equivalent of the Microsoft blue screen, lol. Ugh.

Anyway, also in Kilian, Love and Tears.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

In vintage Jicky EdC tonight, out for dinner then some holiday packing. Have a wonderful day everyone, see you all in a week or so.

image.jpg
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Ok, I haven't been able to log in at all, over and over the BN page did nothing..just was a white screen with basenotes.net on top. It's like I was on the page but it didn't load...what's up with that? Other sites loaded fine.. but just a white screen with BN.net. It feels like the equivalent of the Microsoft blue screen, lol. Ugh.

Anyway, also in Kilian, Love and Tears.
    There are some problems for members in some places, which are being worked on, kalli.
    This link works for some members
    http://www.basenotes.net/forum.php

If you can load it, this link has more info.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...70#post2990970

Hope it's sorted out soon - it's faster today over here.

p..s. - some members have found that clearing out their browser's cache has helped a lot - mine clears on closing.
    Last edited by lpp; 11th November 2013 at 09:26 AM.

Thanks Ipp.

(((Xscent))), do enjoy your trip!.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

You're welcome, kalli - thanks for your patience!

Edit - looks like some workmen are playing with our 'phone lines at home here - hope they don't cut us off!
    Last edited by lpp; 11th November 2013 at 09:27 AM.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Monday November 11, 2013

MAZZOLARI PATCHOULI
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Noir Épices

Blog Entries

Morning all!

Back to rain & dismal grey skies here today. Back to work as well, in Encens Flamboyant.

Xscent, have a fabulous holiday, & everyone else, have a good week!

Edit; just noticed the flags are back, yay!
    Last edited by teardrop; 11th November 2013 at 10:09 AM.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

Testing my blind buy: L'Artisan Dzongkha
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

Basenotes Plus

Xscent, have a wonderful trip!

Diptyque Eau Duelle for me today.

Wish you all a great start to your week.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. Awoke with an urge for Serge - Jeux De Peau.

Safe travels, Xscent - have a great trip.

Bonjour Mesdames!

+

Confidentiel by Fragonard
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Cello's Roberto Cavalli Oro. Have a nice week, all!

Oh, what a good idea, Twolf. I think I will join you
    So Roberto Cavalli Oro for me too today.
    And Jon, now I am hungry. What a lovely pic to wake up to.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Adolfo Dominguez Vetiver Hombre this morning
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Hello everyone -

Delighted to be sharing the house with Jon, I'm in Serge Lutens Bas de Soie this morning.

Y'all have a great day!

Oh my, Twolf and cello sure smell good in their Oro, and extra nice in concert!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 11th November 2013 at 12:55 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

She’s a grrrray, grrrray Monday, she is. Be needin’ some cozy Bois des Iles.
    Really shredded my forearms yesterday pruning the raspberry patch. So spraying Chanel on them is a bit like this:
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Ouch, Q ...lol! Though I'm quite sure you've found the most elegant antiseptic out there.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Hello all. Laurance Demont tendre Madeleine.
    DONNA

Q., love this Ms.Piggy, so elegant.
    Cello, our SotD is most definitely smelling like many niche scents should. What not to love, especially for the price.

Good afternoon.

CDG Ouarzazate today, from a sample.

Have a nice day, heal soon Quarry!

Last edited by iodine; 11th November 2013 at 04:37 PM.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Basenotes Plus

Good morning! It's so cold, -5 wind chill. Sorry to complain about the cold everyday, it just takes me a while to get used to it.

It's great to have our flags back and our wardrobe bottle.

Wearing Mauboussin this morning. I'm liking this one more and more. Notes are bergamot, mandarin, plum, jasmine, peach, rose, ylang ylang, ambergris, benzoin, patchouli, sandalwood, vanilla and cedar.

Have a great day!
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 11th November 2013 at 02:18 PM.

Safe travels and safe return, XScent, with lots of fantastic adventures in between! All you Lutens-ers smell divine (mmm, Bas de Soie, Evangeline), as does our wonderful Quarry, even with prickeldy arms.

Today I'm trying Slumberhouse Sova from a sample that had a bit of a walk-about in Chicago, and will find its way back there, if I have anything to say about it. I see exactly what rin_nd means about the "richness" of the line. These fragrances definitely seem to me to have heft! This one reminds me of the early Lutens honey-heavy fragrances.

Sova Notes: Sweet clover, beeswax, poplar, genet flower, golden grains, hops, hay, tobacco.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Good morning, I am in Alien today!

ComDiva, I don't remember which slumberhouse scents I tried but didn't like any...I think they were all very "masculine" though, and dark dark dark, have not smelled any of their flowery stuff. They did seem loud and thick, like if it was a good smell it would be very substantial and quality smellin', they just were unpleasant to my nose.

SOTD: Tendre est la Nuit by Majda Bekkali. I really like the emotionally warming feeling of this one since it's another cloudy rainy Northwestern November day. I'm sitting in front of a sun lamp for 15 minutes, hoping that will help me be less cranky about having to go to work today.

Though it doesn't compare to the original Venezia (from 1992), Venezia Eau de Toilette (2012) by Laura Biagiotti has much better sillage and longevity than anticipated. Nice for this sunny Autumn day.

(I can not add a picture...)

Beautiful Day! 79* and sunny!

Perfect for: 'Mohur' {Neela Vermeire Creations}

Cardamom, coriander, ambrette, carrot, black pepper, elemi, Turkish rose oil, jasmine, orris, hawthorn, almond milk accord, leather, sandalwood, amber, patchouli, oudh Palao from Laos, benzoin, vanilla, tonka bean

Basenotes Plus

Moonflower by Thymes

Basenotes Plus

(((Mrs Q))), soothing oinkment and silk gloves are on their way. Put on some Mozart, run a relaxing scented bath and I'll be over with some elderberry wine.

Come on, don't be shy ..

There now, they suit you perfectly. Feeling better yet ?.

Sticking with Serge for the evening - Feminite Du Bois.

Basenotes Plus

Is it hot in here or just me?

Aaaaah, Ms Piggy is a lady after my own heart... glamorous with scratches all over her arms from garden work. I know the feeling!
    Douce Amère today and we are gradually drifting into winter it seems. Sorry for you, Kiliwia, for being there already.
    I'm now wearing Lady Day from Maria Candida Gentile. It's nice, but I expected a bolder gardenia.

Blog Entries

SotD: Vivienne Westwood Bidet, I mean Boudoir.

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Good morning all !. Awoke with an urge for Serge - Jeux De Peau.

Originally I put on some L'Artisan Vanilia but it's just not "me".

As soon as I saw your post, Jon, I knew now THAT'S what I want.

Love this scent!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

SOTE

Musc Ravageur for me today.

(One of the rare times I'm actually wearing perfume while browsing Basenotes!).

Blog Entries

Evening all,

Jon, LOL at "oinkment"!

A better day at work today, phew! Now wearing lmperial Opoponax.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Back to work today after almost a week off, at Disney. I managed to get sick before I left and then after a frantic week of running all over the parks, came home Friday sicker than ever. So after all weekend resting, I am at work today and pummeled by stacks of paperwork and a backlog of calls & emails. I just finally got a moment to read today's SOTD and see you all. Hi hi hi!

I'm scent twins with Kiliwia today in Mauboussin. It seemed to go perfectly with my leopard-print skirt.

Hope you all are having a great week. I'll have to see if I have some time to go back and read the past week and catch up with you, but it looks like XScent is off on vacation (bye! Have fun!!) and Quarry is injuring herself with rambo gardening!

Basenotes Institution

Rambo gardening. LOL!

I was in the mood for Guerlain today:

Habit Rouge (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain

After lunch, I reapplied some:

Habit Rouge (vintage Eau de Cologne) by Guerlain

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Emerald Reign from a sample. I sprayed just once just below the hollow of my throat and have enjoying little wafts all day. Since I work in health care I have to be sneaky about how and where I spray.

Terre d'Hermès Parfum

Hey y'all -

I'm now in De Profundis ...have a good evening!

Hi there, elizrj - welcome back!

elizrj -- I was thinking about you, see another thread. You in Mauboussin are practically defining my SotD tomorrow, so is K. (we are at 7F=-13C(?), almost there with you dear, for all of them lizards).
    citypark, I know I welcomed you once, about 300 posts ago, right? From another country?

CapriDog, it does get steamy here once in a while, glad you graced us with your presence. Please stay?

And -- surprise! -- guess who I am twinning with for my SotE? I am in Caron Pour Une Femme.

Atelier's Mistral Patchouli this evening. It's lovely but doesn't last on me.

Miss Piggy in the bath! What month was she, I must have missed her.

I do need to try that Mauboussin & De Profundis sometime!

Re-testing 1899 HDP. There is something stem-y green that doesn't agree with me. Maybe it's the lime+iris+juniper together, idk. I just like that cinnamon note in there, it's really good. I need to find other cinnamon scents. Spicebomb wasn't for me, even though I do know some females do wear it. I guess there is Musc Rav..I may have to find that sample, what little is left of it, to retest. Lol, I just think of my hubs saying that it smelled like 'sweaty roadkill'. Obviously, he wasn't a fan.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

We're back after an overnight visit to Wheaton College, MA, where daughter plans to apply. She spent the night in a dorm with a host, we were in a hotel.

All night I kept hearing rhythmic whooshing noises. "What IS that?" I finally muttered to husband.
    "The TARDIS" he calmly murmured back.

I wore LAP Fleur d'Oranger while away; he wore Orange Sanguine.

summer means fireflys

Back to work today after 2 weeks away. yuck. And that is all I will say about that. I'm wearing Chanel no5 today. I got my flu shot today and I know they swear it won't make you sick, but I sure feel sickly ... I'm off to bed early tonight.

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Carlo Corinto Vetyver this evening
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

House twins with Mike in Vintage Samsara tonight. It's more of an aura than a perfume, surrounding me like a cloud of generalized oriental warm radiance.

((((Shades))))