Code of Conduct

Default Sun Java by Franck Olivier

Guys I need more opinions about this fragrance.
    Seems to be an underrated gem...

Default Re: Sun Java by Franck Olivier

I own this cheapie and like it. The peppermint and the mandarin notes are quite refreshing and I love the woody, and vanilla dry down.Don't get much watermelon though.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Haven't tried it yet, but it's gonna definitely be my next blind buy. Heard nothing but good things about it

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    Haven't tried it yet, but it's gonna definitely be my next blind buy. Heard nothing but good things about it
    Where did you hear these good things about it? On Fragrantica or Facebook Groups or somewhere else?
    I can't find much information about it. Would love to read more opinions.

This is the first time I've heard of a virtual machine having a fragrance!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_%2...re_platform%29

I want to see the Venn diagram of programmers and fumeheads, anyone have it?
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    Where did you hear these good things about it? On Fragrantica or Facebook Groups or somewhere else?
    I can't find much information about it. Would love to read more opinions.
    Yes, on both Fragrantica and here

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zatarain View Post
    This is the first time I've heard of a virtual machine having a fragrance!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_%2...re_platform%29

I want to see the Venn diagram of programmers and fumeheads, anyone have it?
    I was interested in this frag from the moment I saw the name come up in a search, and I went WTH!!!

public class SunJava {

public static void main(String[] args) {
    System.out.println("Hello, World! I smell great because I'm wearing Sun Java by Franck Olivier!");
    }

}

Didn't care for this one. Black Touch and Sun Java White on the other hand are keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post

public class SunJava {

public static void main(String[] args) {
    System.out.println("Hello, World! I smell great because I'm wearing Sun Java by Franck Olivier!");
    }

}
    So, the questions are, did Olivier know? If not, has anyone told him? Does Larry Ellison wear it, or did it become freely available under the GNU GPL?

And are there any fragrances named C, C++, or SmallTalk? There may be a market... just sayin'. I'll stop now.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Blog Entries

LOOOOOL!

GEEK ALERT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Didn't care for this one. Black Touch and Sun Java White on the other hand are keepers.
    Is it because of the sweetness? With Black touch already on the shelf and minimal interest in another SMW cousin, Sun Java was about the only thing left to raise any interest for me (Sunrise being a Fierce cousin left it out as well)

Sun Java smells a little bit like Dunhill Desire (red).
    I tried Black Touch and didn't care too much for it, when I tried it.
    Might have to give it a wear again...

I wore Franck Olivier In Black today. Great fragrance!
    --- If your dog thinks you are the greatest person
    in the world, don't seek a second opinion ---

Promise I will smell it at the mall kiosk next time im there even though I hate the douchbag guy who runs it.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Promise I will smell it at the mall kiosk next time im there even though I hate the douchbag guy who runs it.
    Good! Doesn't mean you have to buy it at the kiosk. You can find it online for $15-$20
    --- If your dog thinks you are the greatest person
    in the world, don't seek a second opinion ---

Quote Originally Posted by Snaggy1 View Post
    Good! Doesn't mean you have to buy it at the kiosk. You can find it online for $15-$20
    Im going to have it pulled up on my phone with the price next to it so he cant tell me "Its usually $80, but today, for you my friend, only $45." like he usually does.

"Plus I throw in a bottle of Unfathomable for only $10 more!!"
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Alright, blind bought is scent over the weekend.....I'll chime in with my opinion when it shows up!

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    I'm looking forward to your review!

Alright, my Sun Java FINALLY showed up when I got home tonight! First off, Franck Olivier for being a cheapie brand seems to have good presentation overall with the packaging and bottle...NICE! At first spray this instantly reminds me of Diesel Plus Plus, which is one of my all time favorite cheapie blind buys!!! So it's no surprise that I'm REALLY digg'in this one too. Yes, it is a very synthetic smell...but like Plus Plus, it's very enjoyable and I'm sure will also be a hit with the ladies and thus also in the compliment dept. So basically very-very close to Diesel Plus Plus, perhaps just not as creamy smelling. Can't wait to try a full wearing tomorrow to see how longevity is.

So I also received Sun Java back on 10/26/13.

After about a month wearing it, I feel confident reviewing it:

The initial spray is a soft yet synthetic sugar rush. This cologne's opening is reminiscent to Le Male. However, I dont find Sun Java to be as offensive and musty as Le Male. I immediately smell the vanilla and musk. Unfortunately, I smell absolutely no watermelon - which is the initial reason why I was curious about this frag months and months ago. The amber emerges in about 30 minutes after spraying. There is definitely a "cool" vibe to this which makes an ideal choice for warmer months yet it's potent enough to be worn in the winter.

I can see this being a great office scent if you go easy on the sprays. And yet it's sugary sweet and boisterous enough to be worn on a night out. I can't see myself using this as a "comfort" scent that I spray on myself and wear around the house. It's just a bit too sweet for that.

This frag has excellent longevity and projection. I get 5-6 hours (which is phenomenal for me), and I have received a few compliments while wearing this... even hours after I've sprayed it.

I also get a Le Male vibe with Sun Java. Being that Le Male is extremely popular, this one is suprisingly under the radar.

Thank You for your reviews, bigbz and TheBlackAdonis.

I have to admit, I lost all my interest for this fragrance. I'll probably go for Sun Java White. The Silver Mountain Water clone.
    Last edited by Suppressor; 16th December 2013 at 12:02 AM.

Finally smelled this last night at the kiosk owed by the d-bag. Of course he tolde it was the best cologne in the world. He was also ripping off some guys while I wad there. Told them that Thallium was nomally $99 but he would give it to them for $60.

The Sun Java was really pointless generic sweet spicy fresh. Drydown was not good. Pass for sure.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

I get a Boss Bottled vibe from this one. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    Thank You for your reviews, bigbz and TheBlackAdonis.

I have to admit, I lost all my interest for this fragrance. I'll probably go for Sun Java White. The Silver Mountain Water clone.
    So I bought my boyfriend Sun Java White as a gift for Christmas. He has a tiny bit of SMW left (a gift from his mother a year ago).

Sun Java White has a very nasty initial blast... I even waited about 10 seconds to sniff. WOW... just a complete chemical mess.

After a few minutes, it truly does turn in a SMW clone. The only true difference I notice is that SMW has a very sharp metallic note.

The black currant in Sun Java White gives me serious "cat pee" vibes than I expected. Sun Java White is not bad by any means and a good buy for someone wanting SMW but not wanting to use whatever juice they have left or cannot afford a decant or bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackAdonis View Post
    So I bought my boyfriend Sun Java White as a gift for Christmas. He has a tiny bit of SMW left (a gift from his mother a year ago).

Sun Java White has a very nasty initial blast... I even waited about 10 seconds to sniff. WOW... just a complete chemical mess.

After a few minutes, it truly does turn in a SMW clone. The only true difference I notice is that SMW has a very sharp metallic note.

The black currant in Sun Java White gives me serious "cat pee" vibes than I expected. Sun Java White is not bad by any means and a good buy for someone wanting SMW but not wanting to use whatever juice they have left or cannot afford a decant or bottle.
    Thanks for the review of this! Never tried SMW, but heard it's supposed to be pretty good....so sounds like for the price, this is worth picking up

I also bought Sun Java White. Sprayed it on a card and I have to say, I was really surprised. Smells indeed like an expensive Creed fragrance. I do not get a nasty initial blast. My mother wanted to see what I bought and she tested SJW on her skin. She really likes it and it smells pretty damn good on her. I'll report back when I wear it.