Code of Conduct

Default I finally smelled Creed today!!

Stores like Macy's and Sephora dont carry this, so I havent been able to find time to go to Saks Fifth.

Virgin Island Water and Silver Mountain Water are my favorites. Both smells like pina colada, cool morning breeze, and good looking people. After testing these scents out at Saks Fifth, I felt a boost of energy and I had an extra boost in my step.

Initially I thought Millesime Imperial was great, but the scent disappeared quickly.

One of the Saks workers said Aventus was the fan favorite. But I wasnt thrilled. Its a good smell but its not new or unique. Then again, I only have 3 colognes so I'm not an expert. Plus while i was asking about Aventus, someone interrupted me to purchase it.

I wanted to buy some Creed but I only spray my cologne on my clothes. And after discussing with the worker at Saks he said I wouldnt get my moneys worth using this method. He strongly suggested that I apply directly on skin.

I feel left out of the party

Anyway, I appreciate this site and the wonderful recommendations. You guys have superior tastes.
    Last edited by Flatbush Ave; 12th November 2013 at 02:25 AM.

Default Re: I finally smelled Creed today!!

I've never seen Creed at Saks

Creed? Never heard of it.

They only carry it at Neimann in St. Louis. I am not a fan of the store itself, but the SA is a cool dude and is honest about what goes out the door and his personal tastes...regardless of whether or not he makes a sale. That being said - I have smelled the entire Creed line sans the original Tabarome and Green Valley. Your choices are interesting. You say Aventus is not unique or new...just curious as to which frags you have tried that are similar to it. Always interested in a sub that doesn't break the bank.

...and there is no sarcasm or snide tones in my question.
    I have Creed's Tabarome but find that Mugler's Ice Men works for me. Also sub Trump's Success for Bond's Wall Street. That being said, nothing I have tried is close to Aventus. Do tell.
    Signature Rotation: A* Men, Pure Havane, Dunhill Pursuit, Varvatos Artisian, Guerlain Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    I think it was a band back in the early 2000's.

In all seriousness, I'm glad you were able to try it but don't limit yourself to sampling only creed if you do plan on spending that kind of dough on a fragrance. Shop around and make sure you get some samples and decants to take home and give a full wearing.
    KCCO!

I'm glad you like Silver Mountain Water its my long time favorite from the house. I really like all of them in my own way but you are right about feeling fresh with SMW icy blast.

I enjoy many Creed fragrances and am lucky to own 30 of them. Also glad the OP likes Silver Mountain Water and VIW - two I also feel are quite nice. (357)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Creed as in the Multiple platinum group...lol
    enjoy bro, they blend great juice for us at exorbitant prices..
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

You've discovered a great house. Enjoy!

This site should change it's name to CREEDNOTES

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbush Ave View Post
    I wanted to buy some Creed but I only spray my cologne on my clothes. And after discussing with the worker at Saks he said I wouldnt get my moneys worth using this method. He strongly suggested that I apply directly on skin.
    I agree with sales associate, spray on your skin. 2-4 sprays depending on potency. The fragrance develops and you do get a lot more from it I find

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    You've discovered a great house. Enjoy!
    +1.

Daily Basenotes Creed thread: image.jpg

There are great deals online for Creed: Fragrancenet, Beauty encounter, fragrancex, Amazon ("shipped and sold by amazon")...

Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristram View Post
    Good for you.
    Yea.

I feel left out of the party

Anyway, I appreciate this site and the wonderful recommendations. You guys have superior tastes.
    ** Flatbush Ave, I have to be honest it took me a while to get into this house. After smelling pure white cologne, aventus, green irish tweed, and millesime imperial only cause the bottle looked pretty I still wasn't turned-on to Creed whatsoever. It took me about 8months to finally stumble across Original Vetiver and when I did said "Oh Shit, this smells so amazing". I purchased it, and now I have 8-different bottles in my collection and totally understand why its meant to be worn on the skin. You get your monies worth this way; same as the sales associate said to you. Creed isn't constructed like the other fragrance houses. Some people don't like saying Creed is the best house; Although if it isn't I really can't say L'Artisan, Serge Lutens, Dior, or James Heeley are either... Creed is simply where my nose draws the line when in terms of quality, complexity, and how adaptive it is.

It takes time enjoy it because your nose is new to this fragrance house. As for Millesime Imperial, its not the best of Creed, but it is the most perfect fragrance Creed made in my opinion. Whether for meetings, office wear, day time/night time, dating, dinners, or family time. Its a great scent especially in warm weather too. Also the same for Aventus too. Be sure to test out the Royal Exclusive Line... It has a surprise waiting for you.
    Last edited by FreshSmell; 13th November 2013 at 02:04 AM.

edited

Banned
    Blog Entries

Big ups for VIW
    SMW is not to my liking

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    You're not missing much.

- - - Updated - - -

I wanted to buy some Creed but I only spray my cologne on my clothes.
    ...? Why would you spray your clothes instead of your skin?
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    This site should change it's name to CREEDNOTES
    lol, good one Kaern

OP, I too had the same experience with Creed. SMW was a significant stand out as was VIW. Over time SMW has become a bit more difficult to wear with the sour note but it dies down after an hour. VIW is positive in a bottle.

Spraying on your shirt is not a problem. I have done this with my Creeds from time to time and it's not a waste. In fact it holds the scent all day. You will smell it but it wont blast everyone around you.
    Beauty is in the nose of the beholder.

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    I've never seen Creed at Saks
    When I walked into the 5th Ave location, Creed was the first fragrance table.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    I think it was a band back in the early 2000's.

In all seriousness, I'm glad you were able to try it but don't limit yourself to sampling only creed if you do plan on spending that kind of dough on a fragrance. Shop around and make sure you get some samples and decants to take home and give a full wearing.
    Hmmm, I'll do that. What other frags competes with Creed?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I enjoy many Creed fragrances and am lucky to own 30 of them. Also glad the OP likes Silver Mountain Water and VIW - two I also feel are quite nice. (357)
    Are they your favorites too? If not, which is?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtruck260 View Post
    That being said - I have smelled the entire Creed line sans the original Tabarome and Green Valley. Your choices are interesting. You say Aventus is not unique or new...just curious as to which frags you have tried that are similar to it. Always interested in a sub that doesn't break the bank.

...and there is no sarcasm or snide tones in my question.
    I have Creed's Tabarome but find that Mugler's Ice Men works for me. Also sub Trump's Success for Bond's Wall Street. That being said, nothing I have tried is close to Aventus. Do tell.
    My sample wore out, I'll have to smell it again. I essentially took time out to smell frags all day, lol. So my instant reaction was "its ok." Whereas the others I mentioned blew me away.

I cant believe I forgot to smell Irish Tweed.

Quote Originally Posted by darjeeling View Post
    creed? Never heard of it.
    lmao!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JJMAN View Post
    lmao!!!
    LOL, I laughed too.

I actually smelled GIT on a card and did not like it at all, and is not in my creed collection. But after a trip to niemans and a shot of it on my forearm, Ive totally changed my tune and will be picking it up shortly. Hopefully I can find a bottle less than 4oz. though...

- - - Updated - - -

It's ok. Creed does get a lot of attention on basenotes, which it should as it's a great house. But sometimes it's a little too much! LOL

Hopefully I can find a bottle less than 4oz. though...
    On their website they show the 2.5oz and the 1oz in stock, so there's a good chance you'll find them physically at the Niemans near you. Good luck JJMAN!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thanks hednic! I'm starting to realize as my collection gets bigger there isn't really a need to have all 100ml or bigger bottles, when there is so much out there.

Thanks hednic! I'm starting to realize as my collection gets bigger there isn't really a need to have all 100ml or bigger bottles, when there is so much out there.
    I agree I have started to try to find to lowest options available as I really want to sample as much as I can for the best cost.

It's ok. Creed does get a lot of attention on basenotes, which it should as it's a great house. But sometimes it's a little too much! LOL
    Despite my initial post,
    +1 on this.

SoTD: Himalaya.

I cant decide which I like better, VIW or SMW.

Also, I think I like Aventus now, lmao.

I cant decide which I like better, VIW or SMW.

I knew you would come around.
    Signature Rotation: A* Men, Pure Havane, Dunhill Pursuit, Varvatos Artisian, Guerlain Vetiver

Uh Oh.....the A word!!!!
    Lol

another creed thread
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by vinramani09; 15th November 2013 at 02:03 AM. Reason: edit

Aventus, is amazing... Worth every dime. Get a 1oz for starters.... You cant go wrong