Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 66

Thread: Creed Windsor

  1. #1

    Default Creed Windsor

    I've asked this before but I need to ask again. Is there anything else similar or in the same genre to Creed Windsor? Absolutely love this scent. I have several decants of it and am saving wearing it for special occasions at this point. And don't want to spend more to hoard more juice that's so expensive. Is there anything comparable? I'm not a good nose where I can identify the specific components of Windsor. Some say it's a rose but I don't know of any other rose scents that smell quite like it. BTW I know people say 2009 is better than 2010 but I like 2010 a lot too.

    Is there maybe a woman's scent that I'm not aware of that comes close? I can't think of any mens scents from my sampling that compare. DULLAH has mentioned Prelude to Love by Kilian but I find that more of an orange blossom and more bitter.

  2. #2
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,379
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    My personal opinion is that there is nothing quite like it. The closest in my wardrobe are either too little (Hermès Eau de Pamplemousse Rose) or too much (Domenico Caraceni 1913). I can't sign onto Prelude to Love, even though I respect DULLAH's opinion greatly. To me, Kilian's style is so glossy and rich, that it removes it from being anywhere in the proximity of Windsor, which is more natural, humid, and "matte finish" in texture. That is where I cite the Hermès. It has that aspect of Windsor.

    And then there is the eucalyptus. Where else are you going to find that? I'm completely disregarding that in looking for something close, because if you leave that in as a requirement, then there is almost certainly NOTHING that smells like Windsor.
    * * * *

  3. #3

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    Thanks RP.

    For the record I don't want to misquote DULLAH - I think in a "what smells like windsor" prior thread he said only the top notes had similarity, as opposed to saying they smelled the same. He is the Windsor expert IMO lol and I bought a nice big decant from him a while ago. But it bothers me that such an amazing scent is so limited and discontinued. I need an alternative.

  4. #4
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    107,391

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    Personally feel that there is nothing I've come upon yet that is similar to Windsor. I find it quite unique. (355)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  5. #5
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,379
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    The Hermès really isn't a good alternative. Most people don't smell the rose strongly. I do, especially with repeated applications, and so it has a Windsor vibe for me. I have not tried the Concentré version, which has more moss and rose, and MIGHT be closer to Windsor, but DULLAH did not note that, so I would say probably not.

    The Domenico Caraceni is probably closer to Rose 31 than to to Windsor, or maybe halfway in between. It's a very classy, sartorial scent - for that reason it has a Windsor-like vibe to me, even though it's more peppery and incense-themed. There is a certain milkiness that fills in for the eucalyptus, in a way, but it's a poor substitute, overall.

    I look forward to a re-release of Windsor. I'd love to see if III is more like I or II.
    * * * *

  6. #6
    Dependent RedRaider430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,400

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    I have never smelled anything even remotely close to the smell of Windsor.
    Basenotes sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven, Heeley Coccobello, Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Bond No. 9 Hamptons, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Essence de Cerruti, Balenciaga Ho Hang Club, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...ciaga-SAMPLES!

    Offsite sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven, Heeley Coccobello, Vintage Tabarome, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Tom Ford Noir de Noir, By Kilian Prelude to Love, Bond No. 9 Hamptons, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Essence de Cerruti, Balenciaga Ho Hang Club, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

  7. #7
    Super Member PEARL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    GA, ATL
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Windsor, which is more natural, humid, and "matte finish" in texture.
    Matte finish, probably the best descriptive term I've ever heard to describe Windsor, there is nothing remotely close to it. Prelude to Love for me is a sour green orange, if that makes sense, nothing like Windsor. Domenico Caraceni for me was too piercing, like smelling rose and getting stuck with a thorn at the same time. The only fragrance that has similar elements of Windsor, although in an ultra psychedelic, all the way turned up sort of way for me is SL Tubéreuse Criminelle.
    Last edited by PEARL; 12th November 2013 at 06:54 AM.

  8. #8
    Basenotes Institution sjg3839's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    15,268

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    One of a kind IMO.

  9. #9
    Basenotes Institution dougczar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    11,837

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    Nothing.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    Windsor is sui generis IMO and one of my very favorite fragrances.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    Unfortunately I still have not had the pleasure of smelling Windsor. From everything I have read i know I would really like it. If creed ever did a limited release again I would blind buy it. Now it seems the only place that still has some is the perfumed court and I can't justify spending 530 for a 1 oz. I know I could buy less but I don't want a sample size I want a full bottle lol.

  12. #12
    Dependent RedRaider430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,400

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    Quote Originally Posted by versaceboy54 View Post
    If creed ever did a limited release again I would blind buy it.
    Neiman Marcus is offering Windsor in selected stores in December. They are offering it at the price of $405.00, which will be one of their atomizers filled with 1.7 oz. of Windsor. You can order one without being at the event.

    Speculation is that they might start offering Windsor again following this event, but it's only speculation.
    Basenotes sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven, Heeley Coccobello, Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Bond No. 9 Hamptons, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Essence de Cerruti, Balenciaga Ho Hang Club, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...ciaga-SAMPLES!

    Offsite sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven, Heeley Coccobello, Vintage Tabarome, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Tom Ford Noir de Noir, By Kilian Prelude to Love, Bond No. 9 Hamptons, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Essence de Cerruti, Balenciaga Ho Hang Club, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

  13. #13

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    I was told by a Creed rep that there is not enough raw materials to re-release Windsor in 2014. The only way to get it is through the Neimans promotion in December.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    Quote Originally Posted by sophisticatedscent View Post
    I was told by a Creed rep that there is not enough raw materials to re-release Windsor in 2014. The only way to get it is through the Neimans promotion in December.
    I'm not disputing what you were told, but I doubt Creed can't come up with enough "raw materials" to produce another limited edition of Windsor. This was a huge seller for the house, and I'm betting they'll come up with another release of it well before we have forgotten how good it is. At least I hope so; it's one of their best ever creations.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    Quote Originally Posted by cologne connoisseur View Post
    I'm not disputing what you were told, but I doubt Creed can't come up with enough "raw materials" to produce another limited edition of Windsor. This was a huge seller for the house, and I'm betting they'll come up with another release of it well before we have forgotten how good it is. At least I hope so; it's one of their best ever creations.
    I understand your reluctance to take what the rep has to say as gospel. I will purchase the 50 ml for over $400 to play it safe since Windsor is on my Must have list. I'm certain I will then see it re-released soon after my purchase in December.

  16. #16
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    107,391

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Neiman Marcus is offering Windsor in selected stores in December. They are offering it at the price of $405.00, which will be one of their atomizers filled with 1.7 oz. of Windsor. You can order one without being at the event.
    There seems to be a discrepancy in the price from what I heard. The SA at my Niemans that is one of the stores that is also hosting the event read from her price sheet and said they would be going for $380. Has it already been posted on the website for $405?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  17. #17
    Dependent RedRaider430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,400

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    There seems to be a discrepancy in the price from what I heard. The SA at my Niemans that is one of the stores that is also hosting the event read from her price sheet and said they would be going for $380. Has it already been posted on the website for $405?
    I recall you saying your SA said that, but that is not consistent with what the majority are saying. There seems to be a consistent price quote of $405.00. My local contact person also told me that Creed told him it's a "new batch" of Windsor; neither 2009 or 2010. I'll believe it when I see it. However, if it IS a brand new batch, that should increase the probability of Windsor being released again, as it would not make sense to produce a completely new batch only for a brief NM promotion.
    Basenotes sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven, Heeley Coccobello, Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Bond No. 9 Hamptons, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Essence de Cerruti, Balenciaga Ho Hang Club, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...ciaga-SAMPLES!

    Offsite sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven, Heeley Coccobello, Vintage Tabarome, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Tom Ford Noir de Noir, By Kilian Prelude to Love, Bond No. 9 Hamptons, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Essence de Cerruti, Balenciaga Ho Hang Club, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

  18. #18
    Super Member PEARL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    GA, ATL
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    ...
    Last edited by PEARL; 14th December 2013 at 10:15 PM.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    Thanks for all that Info. I'm gonna call my local Neiman's to see what the deal is but I did receive an email invitation for November 23 for an atomizer event at my local neimans (short hills nj) but the only fragrances they had listed were Aventus, Millesime Imperial, Green Irish Tweed, Love in White, Fleurs de Gardenia, Silver Mountain Water, Acqua Fiorentina, Original Santal.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #20

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    Thankyou for all that info. I'm going to call my local Neiman's to find out more. The only atomizer event that I knew about was one for November 23 but the email only had Aventus, Millesime Imperial, Green Irish Tweed, Love in White, Fleurs de Gardenia, Silver Mountain Water, Acqua Fiorentina, Original Santal as options for the complementary fill.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    Quote Originally Posted by versaceboy54 View Post
    Thankyou for all that info. I'm going to call my local Neiman's to find out more. The only atomizer event that I knew about was one for November 23 but the email only had Aventus, Millesime Imperial, Green Irish Tweed, Love in White, Fleurs de Gardenia, Silver Mountain Water, Acqua Fiorentina, Original Santal as options for the complementary fill.

    Yea the windsor event is in december. I got in on this atomizer event but was lucky enough to get mine filled with Jardin D' Amalfi which made it worth it to me as i cant find this discounted anywhere and i'm not dropping the $$ for a full flaccon.

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    591

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    Which Is better Creed Windsor -OR- Creed Jardin d'Almalfi?
    Currently wearing: Spice and Wood by Creed

  23. #23

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    Yea the windsor event is in december. I got in on this atomizer event but was lucky enough to get mine filled with Jardin D' Amalfi which made it worth it to me as i cant find this discounted anywhere and i'm not dropping the $$ for a full flaccon.
    Now that's really worth it to be able to get jardin d amalfi as to complementary fill. I love jardin d amalfi it's one of my favorites. I recently got in on a split from palmbeach (who I highly recommend btw). I payed 225 for 2.5oz Which is worth it considering they want 225 plus tax for 1 oz. I love all of the fruity notes but I really like the hint of rose. Is the rose note similar to the rose in Windsor in any way? And could you compare jardin d amalfi to Windsor in anyway or is it not a fair comparison to make?

  24. #24

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    Quote Originally Posted by versaceboy54 View Post
    Now that's really worth it to be able to get jardin d amalfi as to complementary fill. I love jardin d amalfi it's one of my favorites. I recently got in on a split from palmbeach (who I highly recommend btw). I payed 225 for 2.5oz Which is worth it considering they want 225 plus tax for 1 oz. I love all of the fruity notes but I really like the hint of rose. Is the rose note similar to the rose in Windsor in any way? And could you compare jardin d amalfi to Windsor in anyway or is it not a fair comparison to make?
    Yea i thought so as well. Unfortunately, i've never smelled Windsor so i cant compare both. I am waiting for a sample of windsor to arrive (hopefully prior to the event next month) so i can see if it is for me. I'm sure others in this thread have tried out both.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    Yea i thought so as well. Unfortunately, i've never smelled Windsor so i cant compare both. I am waiting for a sample of windsor to arrive (hopefully prior to the event next month) so i can see if it is for me. I'm sure others in this thread have tried out both.
    Where are you getting your sample from perfumedcourt?

  26. #26

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    Quote Originally Posted by versaceboy54 View Post
    Where are you getting your sample from perfumedcourt?
    No. Waiting to receive one in the mail from my SA when she gets some in.

  27. #27

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    Quote Originally Posted by FreshSmell View Post
    Which Is better Creed Windsor -OR- Creed Jardin d'Almalfi?
    Both superb fragrances, but I'd have to go with Windsor. JdA is a bit too feminine for me. Smells great on my wife though.

  28. #28

    Default Creed Windsor

    Just wanted to give everyone an update as to what I found out. I emailed Elena Chandler who is the Neiman Marcus beauty specialist for the website and she confirmed the event in December but didn't give me an exact date. She said the price is 405 for the 1.7 oz atomizer. Unfortunately they will not be selling flacons and she said once there all gone they won't be offering Windsor for the foreseeable future.
    I also came across 2 articles, the first said that the Creed boutique was going to be offering Windsor in December as well but I can't find that link. Has anyone called the boutique to confirm this? The 2nd which the link is bellow talks about Windsor along with the 2 other vaulted fragrances that they are releasing for this event but they have the prices listed as 325 for each one. I found this article after hearing back from Elena. I'm now curious which price is the correct one. Does anyone have any more info?

    http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.c...ances.html?m=1


    Edit: I found the 1st link I was talking about in my post and I realize it's the creeds online site that will have Windsor and Amalfi flowers. It doesn't talk about the actual store carrying it. sorry about that.

    http://www.thestyleandbeautydoctor.c...tique-website/
    Last edited by versaceboy54; 25th November 2013 at 07:13 PM.

  29. #29

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    Quote Originally Posted by versaceboy54 View Post
    Just wanted to give everyone an update as to what I found out. I emailed Elena Chandler who is the Neiman Marcus beauty specialist for the website and she confirmed the event in December but didn't give me an exact date. She said the price is 405 for the 1.7 oz atomizer. Unfortunately they will not be selling flacons and she said once there all gone they won't be offering Windsor for the foreseeable future.
    I also came across 2 articles, the first said that the Creed boutique was going to be offering Windsor in December as well but I can't find that link. Has anyone called the boutique to confirm this? The 2nd which the link is bellow talks about Windsor along with the 2 other vaulted fragrances that they are releasing for this event but they have the prices listed as 325 for each one. I found this article after hearing back from Elena. I'm now curious which price is the correct one. Does anyone have any more info?

    http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.c...ances.html?m=1


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the update. That is in line with the price my SA has repeatedly stated. She got very few in and they have been snapped up pretty quickly. I got tiny samples of all 3 listed in the article. I didn't care for Feuille Verte, Amalfi flowers smelled nice but is a bit too feminine for me. Windsor is the best rose i've smelled but I'm not sure about the projection and/or longevity of this one to be sure it warrants 325 for 50 ml. granted it was a tiny sample. Although if you factor in the price of the atomizer, it is the same price as one would pay for a 50ml split.

    Edit: Actually, i just realized that the SA in the article is the SA i use. I would recommend that people interested call her up on the number listed in that article to see if there are any left at that price.

  30. #30
    Dependent magnus611's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,191

    Default Re: Creed Windsor

    Wow, mucho very expensive fur these limited vaulted releases: all a gimmick to make a frenzy out of them ....
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Similar Threads

  1. Creed Windsor Now Available from Creed Website
    By cairomerta in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 435
    Last Post: 13th November 2010, 07:33 AM
  2. autographed CREED WINDSOR and SPICE & WOOD signed by Erwin Creed!!!
    By bjork728 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th November 2010, 12:39 AM
  3. Creed Windsor Back in stock at Creed online!!!!
    By cairomerta in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 3rd October 2010, 04:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000