Code of Conduct

Default Has Cartier's Declaration Been Recently Reformulated?

Has Declaration been recently reformulated as I have picked up a 50ml bottle really cheap and the box and scent seem different from what I smelled in store. The one in store was in a red box with a big letter C on the front and this one I have has Cartier Declaration name enclosed on the front of the box within a border.

Also I remember the scent been bolder and fresher but the one I have is very mellow with four sprays and drier. It's still nice and I like it but I was wondering if the scent has changed or if it's a case of my memory playing tricks on me.

Old Box That I Sampled

New Box That I Have

Default Re: Has Cartier's Declaration Been Recently Reformulated?

Yes I've read an article saying it was slightly reformulated. Sad but true.... -_-"
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I sampled the old version also. Nice fragrance.

I imagine as long as it's been out, it must have gone through some change over the years. Have the original and enjoy it. (360)
    Last edited by hednic; 12th November 2013 at 03:55 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Only know the older version. One of my first favourites back then, now I find it a tad too sweet at times. Still a great perfume though.

I have to say I love the complexity and the way it changes on your skin from the dry spicy cumin like woody lemony/orange opening to the fresher neroli heart. Though the projection does seem to be pretty weak.

The new formulation is pathetic, that is the new bottle. Surprisingly though the Soir version is stronger.

I rediscovered this whilst on honeymoon in the South of France in September - really didn't see it as a summer scent before and I must say it worked a treat.

I bought a bottle when I returned home and have enjoyed it since. Will need to take a look at the packaging that I have when I get home. I previously owned this in January 2011 (got it dirt cheap in the Harrods sale) and gave it away as I didn't get along well with it.

Masterpiece nonetheless.

What badge number you have? Compare it to engraved # stemmed on the bx or bottle in the store...to get manufacture date...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Good idea magnus, but I just do not have the tenacity to start checking box dates and going into a store with a pen and paper and getting codes from the box/bottle. I know it's changed slightly as the boxes are different so that will have to do.

Banned
    Blog Entries

2 Bad- now I must hold on to my old bottle

Can somebody post the ingredient list of the new box? I remember looking at the new box at TJ Maxx recently and saw that Oak Moss was still there so I assumed it wasn't rejuiced but I already have a bottle from a few years ago so I didn't buy it.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

I have just looked on the bottom of the new box that I have and it still has oakmoss extract so they have a least not substituted it for tree moss. My guess is that they have reduced it instead. Other notes are if they mean anything to you are: limonene, citronellol, hexyl cinnamal, linalool, coumarin,geraniol citral,benzyl benzoate. lol..... these are on the bottom of the box, I swear I did not just make them up just to sound a smarty pants.

I think so maybe. Last weekend at Nordstrom I saw this box and the new samples which look like your bottle, here in Scottsdale. 3 months ago in India I saw the bottles with the big 'C' on front box. Typically the new stock arrives later in India. Can't vouch for any change in the smell and performance.

That's depressing, I love the original declaration like no other. It's mine and my Uncle's signature scent, I hoped it would never change.

The thing is I only tested the older bottle in a store so I am just going by memory. A proper side by side comparison really needs to be done to see how great or little the change is. I get great longevity from the new one it just lacks in the projection department. It still smells great though.

I got a answer from Cartier after I asked them the same question in an e-mail. "No, the scent has not changed. Only the box"

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I got a answer from Cartier after I asked them the same question in an e-mail. "No, the scent has not changed. Only the box"
    Thanks for your input Oslo as that is very reassuring as they usually reformulate the scent when the packaging has been changed. Has Declaration then always had poor projection?

I can only speak for myself, and my experience is just average or less projection.

From what ive learned here, manufacturers NEVER change the formula. LOL At least that is what they'll tell you.