Code of Conduct

Default Any good leather / tobacco / woodsy scent?

First post here so quick question! What's a good leather / tobacco / woodsy scent? Looking for something that's nice and heavy (not too heavy) but not sweet.

I have bought Polo Green and like that but looking for something with a bit more quality...but along those lines of Polo Green.

Say list your top 3 or 5? Nothing over $300.

I'm leary of buying Creed anymore. I've bought GIT and Bois de Portugal, and while I like BdP, GIT was a waste of money. I sprayed myself 7 times and it all went away in like 1 hour Poof. So no more.

Default Re: Any good leather / tobacco / woodsy scent?

Cuir Tabac by David Jourquin. Nice combination of leather and tobacco. Not overly powerful,and smooth and refined IMO
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Golden Boy by Dueto

John Varvatos Vintage

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Cuir Tabac by David Jourquin. Nice combination of leather and tobacco. Not overly powerful,and smooth and refined IMO
    Thanks! Would you recommend buying samples from the Perfumed Court? Are they legit / safe?

Etat Libre d'Orange Rien is a very dry and woody leather, but there's no tobacco. Le Labo Patchouli is a big smoky leather, though it's really not tobacco, more like intense tobacco smoke.

cacio

Splash Bottles Suck

The Perfumed Court is definitely safe and legit, but I personally prefer Surrender to Chance - their shipping is faster and customer service better.

Slumberhouse Jeke is probably the best leather and tobacco combo I've ever tried, but it's also lapsang souchong, benzoin, and a hefty dose of cade. It's very powerful stuff, so be warned!

You might also look at Bois d'Ombrie, although I'm not a huge fan of that one myself.

1740 - Histoires de Parfum

But you need to like sweet imortelle flower.

for swap/sale:

If you like a more contemporary (and higher quality) Polo green, sample Tom Ford's Italian Cypress. It's similar to Polo, but smoother and more refined.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, The Vert) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...erruti-TheVert

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, The Vert) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    1740 - Histoires de Parfum

But you need to like sweet imortelle flower.
    +1 on Hedonist's suggestion. This is also called 1740 Marquis de Sade, but it's very pleasant.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Is Polo Green the classic Polo fragrance? I thought Parfumerie Generale's Coze smelt very much like it. Another leather/tobacco scent I think is good (great) is SMN Acqua di Cuba. That is a little more animalic than BdP, but definitely tenacious.

Basenotes Plus

Tom Ford Tuscan Leather layered with Tobacco Oud. Virtually all TF Private Blend fragrances can be mixed together to create your preferred scent combination, and these two work great together - and would give you a great leather/tobacco/wood scent.

I recently smelled Le Smoking by DHS and it totally wowed me. Here's the report from my Learning Chypre thread:

LE SMOKING - Wow, I find this terrific. It's what I imagine elegant men's rooms used to be. A place to go to smoke a cigar, down a whiskey, get one's shoes shined, swap yarns with Hemingway while waiting for the night train to Paris. If a man passed by wearing this, I'd wonder what century we're in. The ingredients? Tobacco, leather, alcohol, I'd say. It has the usual chypre suspects plus Bulgarian rose (smelling that again in the kit, it's rich, sophisticated, deep) and there are other florals like Jasmine Grandiflorum, etc. It has sage, a tobacco absolute, leather accords, and Galbanum. I think there's a bottle in the kit ... hmmm, smells almost like new-mown hay, booklet calls it a classic green/woo

Tom Ford Extreme.

Seven sprays of GIT and gone in 1 hour? Wow, I would check to see if that bottle of Creed is legit. To answer your question, I would go with Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir.

tobacco vanille from Tom Ford

Also, the Eau Sauvage flanker Fraicheur Cuir.

Very simple get on a split for TV by Tom Ford and also Tuscan Leather also by Tom Ford and use them in combination(Layering)nothing better in the game ....Master recipe pass unto you bro....
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

+3 Marquis de Sade 1740 Histoires de Parfums is a winner in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Seven sprays of GIT and gone in 1 hour? Wow, I would check to see if that bottle of Creed is legit. To answer your question, I would go with Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir.
    Yeah...so this is how it happened: Sprayed three times. It didn't "seem like much" so I sprayed both my wrists. Came back a few minutes later and sprayed my neck twice.

The smell lingered around but I had a hunch it was projecting too well. After about an hour or so...or a little more I could only smell it off my skin. I'm going to give it another round though.

I'm assuming my BdP though from Creed projects okay. I haven't received compliments or complains so... O_o