Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Thursday, 14 November 2013

Erin, I need to check my bottle at home, but mine is the EDT, and I do not remember it being pink. And certainly not rancid. I will try to remember to check this evening after work. But the EDT certainly is not a leather bomb, it is more of an illusion of leather. And the rose does not pop out either, I think I have read that the EDP has more rose?
    Currently wearing: 31 rue Cambon by Chanel

Christian Dior Dolce Vita

I'm standing VERY close to cello! Mmmmmmh smelling good
    I hope mike is having a splendid time. He sure deserves it.
    Sharing the house in La Myrrhe today.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinK View Post
    iodine, last night I was reading Alice Munro's latest short story collection, Dear Life. In the second story there is a doctor who has many books, including one book on the Hindu Kush. Unrelated to the story, really, but I thought of you.
    Oh thanks, ErinK, I'm honoured! I guess we should tell Mr Dubrana (aka AbdesSalaam Attar) that the mere name of his- wonderful!- fragrance has such a power of suggestion!
    Moreover, Alice Munro is one of my favourite writers, and I'm really happy of being associated with her! I'll think of you when I'll be reading Dear Life!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Wearing Mona Di Orio Violet Fumee this afternoon. I'm getting more lavender than violet but it's nice.

Last edited by Kiliwia; 14th November 2013 at 07:42 PM.

Blog Entries

Wearing Nohiba from my sample this evening. Yep, still don't think this retro-style aldehydic woody floral is quite me.

Kalli, that's a beautiful painting! Where did you find it?
    There was a star magnolia tree in the garden of the house l lived in previously. lt was always the first thing to flower around February each year, & it was truly stunning.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Black Code it was for last night:
    Brit for Men it was during the day.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Dear, dear, pressed for time. I’ve caught up with all of your funny, fragrant and picturesque posts, but haven’t time to comment today. Next week should be less hectic. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Had to have a new headshot for my client who’s having his magazines’ website revamped. Grins from me …
    BuslaffHedshot.jpg

Sharing that Chanel rut: Bois des Iles.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

What a nice pic, Q - that's a keeper!

I'm in Hermès Rouge tonight ....y'all have a good one.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Beautiful picture, Quarry!!

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Wearing Nohiba from my sample this evening. Yep, still don't think this retro-style aldehydic woody floral is quite me.

Kalli, that's a beautiful painting! Where did you find it?
    There was a star magnolia tree in the garden of the house l lived in previously. lt was always the first thing to flower around February each year, & it was truly stunning.
    I found it here:

http://karennorthwells.blogspot.com/...ose-ttime.html

Quarry,

I have yet to try that Hermes Rouge, have they reformulated that one at all? Or is it the same as the one they sell now, pretty much?
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

I started late in the afternoon because I was waiting for samples in the mail from a kind perfumista. So, now I have Mona di Orio Vanille on one hand and Ashoka by Neela Vermeire on the other. For some reason the Ashoka drydown reminds me of Diorissimo. The Mona di Orio Vanille is most pleasant, but I wish it would project more. Otherwise I am very happy sitting on my sofa sniffing and typing.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

We have some really lovely paintings on this thread today! I like those violets, Kiliwia-- I wonder who painted it?

We had out furnace cleaned today (technically it's a boiler as we have hot water heat) and learned that it is finally going to need to be replaced, as the gaskets are starting to leak. I was told we could end up with a flood in the basement if we let it go too long.
    Like we really need another $5000 expenditure right now. *Grumble*
    Babies have begun hatching on the Estonian osprey nests.
    All 3 eggs have hatched at Irma and Joosep's nest. Live webcam: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/kalakotkas2.html

There are now 2 babies at Mai and Mikk's nest! Live webcam: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/kalakotkas.html
    Osprey discussion forums: http://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/viewforum.php?f=56

Ugh, 5k? That's expensive!!
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    We have some really lovely paintings on this thread today! I like those violets, Kiliwia-- I wonder who painted it
    30 Roses, the artist is Angel Fehr http://angelafehr.com/wordpress/2012...in-watercolor/ , I probably should have included the name with the painting.

Sorry about your heating problem, might be worth getting a second opinion, when it's something so expensive. Unless you know the person who gave you the estimate and know they are on the up and up.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    We have some really lovely paintings on this thread today! I like those violets, Kiliwia-- I wonder who painted it?

We had out furnace cleaned today (technically it's a boiler as we have hot water heat) and learned that it is finally going to need to be replaced, as the gaskets are starting to leak. I was told we could end up with a flood in the basement if we let it go too long.
    Like we really need another $5000 expenditure right now. *Grumble*
    The price of home maintenance can be disheartening sometimes. I know because last summer I spent $3500 on plumbing.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

We've had this tech come out to service our boiler before; I've chatted with him in previous years and never had any qualms about his genuineness. Plus, the boiler is 28 years old. Nothing lasts forever.

We will have to save up to buy the new boiler and that will give us time to learn more about the gasket situation.
    Babies have begun hatching on the Estonian osprey nests.
    All 3 eggs have hatched at Irma and Joosep's nest. Live webcam: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/kalakotkas2.html

There are now 2 babies at Mai and Mikk's nest! Live webcam: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/kalakotkas.html
    Osprey discussion forums: http://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/viewforum.php?f=56