Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Guess which Basenoter has bought a perfume house, and which one?

A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of meeting one of the Basenotes members over breakfast. He told me that he had bought a perfume house!

Anyone care to guess who, and which house? I'll add more clues as time goes by....

Default Re: Guess which Basenoter has bought a perfume house, and which one?

hmmmh .... our dearest Hednic at first bought the French houses, then he`s going to buy the Italian ones, the Spanish, English ... ;-) No idea. REALLY curious .... can you tell a country?
    Se son fiori fioriranno ...

I have no idea, who is it? Why the tease? Just tell us who and which one. I am sure all of basenotes members will be willing to support the effortss of another member!

These are my wild eyed "off the wall guesses" of potential business partnerships in the works:

1) Cairomerta has been very active in supporting the distribution of Xerjoff perfumes. It wouldn't surprise me if he acquired this brand to help them grow and compete. Thats just purely a guess.

2) Hednic seems to invest in enough inventory so that he might as well purchase the whole company of a brand he likes a lot. Hednic might buy Parfums d' Marly or M. Micallef as these seem like brands he would enjoy developing.

3) Jack Hunter (sorry for mistype) has been such a loyal supporter of Murdock's fragrances that it would surprise me if he acquired this brand with the support of a venture capital offering to fund expansion of the retail side of their business to the U.S.A., Austrailia, New Zealand and Europe.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 14th November 2013 at 03:42 PM.

My wild guess would be Chris Bartlett who already has his own range of fragrances. But which house, that's a mystery.

I myself did make a offer to Murdock to buy their shops but I was told politely to take a hike.lol

Apart from Chris Bartlett, either Kerosene or Michael Storer (as they both had and most likely still have Basenotes accounts).

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    My wild guess would be Chris Bartlett who already has his own range of fragrances. But which house, that's a mystery.

I myself did make a offer to Murdock to buy their shops but I was told politely to take a hike.lol
    Lol

With all the disturbing Montale talk I believe a consortium lead by Pierre Hednic & Pierre dougczar could set matters right to get that house back on track.

I like Jack Hunter leading Murdock's presence stateside with help from FSUGRAD being the point man in the America's.

Darviant & Alfarom taking over the prestigious O'driu perhaps?

It's not a member that previously was running a house, which rules out people like pkiler, ChrisBartlett, kerosene, smellbent etc

Interesting thread! I really look forward to learning the answers. Preferably soon. Patience is vastly overrated.

Really, Jack buying Murdock and Hednic buying... well just about anyone... are some great ones and they wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. TN Blue - Pierre Hednic does actually suite him very well

But my vote goes to Christ Bartlett, although I am really at a loss as to what company has been bought.

Come on Grant, suspense is killing us here!!

Plot twist: Grant had breakfast whilst looking in a mirror and he himself bought a perfume house

Basenotes Plus

Hilaire

Who bought Creed? Spill the beans!

Quote Originally Posted by Eule View Post
    hmmmh .... our dearest Hednic at first bought the French houses, then he`s going to buy the Italian ones, the Spanish, English ... ;-) No idea. REALLY curious .... can you tell a country?
    Hednic's ruled out imho - if he buys it won't be just 1 house...But if he did, i think he'll start with Marc De La Morandiere (Genghis Khan fame)...

Deadidol & Slumberhouse seems to be made for each other - however, knowing Josh, I think he wouldn't sell it; not even a minute part of it.

Ok, now i'm officially out of guesses...

Basenotes Plus

Dear Grant,

We are ready for your next clue.

Hahkaha I kcnow already

I'm not sayicng till Grant says.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish him all the best.

for swap/sale:

I don't know who but would hope somebody bought Montale and straightens out that whole mess.

OK, my guess is hednic buys Montale and as an act of kindness sends me a bottle od Kabul Oud because I have asked him ahout it ao many times.
    Last edited by Akahina; 14th November 2013 at 04:34 PM.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Hednick??? Or maybe Elmo...wait a minute Elmo is from Sesame Street, my bad sorry confusing this issue is become.... I just hope basenote members will get first cracks at exclusive coupons and discounts from future or present venture in this acquire house ...
    Last edited by magnus611; 14th November 2013 at 04:09 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I'm going with hednic

Blog Entries

The suspense is killing me.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

This is like perfumery Cluedo!

Surely it must be a smaller house? If it was a large house, we probably would have heard before now? My gut instinct says Dougczar. Who he bought? I don't know.

PalmBeach

I don't know why, but whenever I think of the business side of fragrance and basenoters, he's the name that comes to mind first.

My original guess was hednic, but something tells me it wasn't him.

This is very interesting though. I can't wait to find out who it is.

Quote Originally Posted by tnbluemike View Post
    with all the disturbing montale talk i believe a consortium lead by pierre hednic & pierre dougczar could set matters right to get that house back on track.
    lol!!!!!

Alfarom, perhaps. I always enjoy his reviews.

It is hard really to judge a persons net worth by their fragrance collection except maybe Hedonic so that's another fair guess.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Banned
    Blog Entries

Enough with the suspense!!

cairomerta?

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Hahkaha I kcnow already :p

I'm not sayicng till Grant says.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish him all the best.
    That rules out the girls, then ;)

Ok -- I've bought Amouage out. Game over

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    With all the disturbing Montale talk I believe a consortium lead by Pierre Hednic & Pierre dougczar could set matters right to get that house back on track.
    Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    - Pierre Hednic does actually suite him very well !
    Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    I don't know who but would hope somebody bought Montale and straightens out that whole mess.

OK, my guess is hednic buys Montale and as an act of kindness sends me a bottle od Kabul Oud because I have asked him ahout it ao many times.
    Hednic-Montale, first guess before seeing these responses.

Cairomerta-Xerjoff, second guess.

Those would be my guesses if I didn't already know that PEARL and Hedonist222 bought Serge Lutens, I wish you all the best as well, we've made it.
    Last edited by PEARL; 14th November 2013 at 05:28 PM.

I wonder if it's Basenotes' very own Luca Turin....

Grant, please send my prize to the usual Swiss bank account number

Good laughs ppl - Grant whether anyone bought a house or not, this thread has made it a better day for all...

The fact that hednic hasn't commented yet is a dead giveaway.

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    That is exactly what I came back to say!

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    I wonder if it's Basenotes' very own Luca Turin....

Grant, please send my prize to the usual Swiss bank account number
    Great guess!!

I don't like to speculate but this is a good hypothesis. Whoever it is I wish them luck.

Alfarom, maybe. Really. At first I also enjoy his insightful reviews. Second: I recently wondered about his Odriu-insider-resaerch on Peety. Third: I LOVE italians - as my baby is one ... :-)
    Se son fiori fioriranno ...

Exactly!!! Hednic always comments on almost every thread. And the fact that hedonist knows already tells me it's hednic... So I'll go with hednic and Montale!

Has any thread ever gotten to 40 posts without hednic making an appearance? Circumstantial evidence, but it's got me wondering.

And I hope it's Montale, it seems they need help.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

I wonder if the buyer will post on the Today I bought Thread, today I bought the house of Guerlain.lol...... I mean you just could not top that if you tried.

Quote Originally Posted by zatarain View Post
    Has any thread ever gotten to 40 posts without hednic making an appearance? Circumstantial evidence, but it's got me wondering.

And I hope it's Montale, it seems they need help.

OK hednic : if it's you and if it's montale, then request #1,make those few middle east / confidential collection readily available (evenfor us Ca nadians)... & good luck working with that mythical pierre dude...

I wonder if the buyer will post on the Today I bought Thread, today I bought the house of Guerlain.lol...... I mean you just could not top that if you tried.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    So I'll go with hednic and Montale!
    For some reason this popular guess also came to my mind too......maybe if it's true he can help me with that Intense Cafe that he recommended to me a few weeks ago! :-)

Good one!

Is it you Jack trying to conceal that you are the new Gordon Gekko and taking Murdock's public.

This is getting gut wrenching.

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post

I like Jack Hunter leading Murdock's presence stateside with help from FSUGRAD being the point man in the America's.

Darviant & Alfarom taking over the prestigious O'driu perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by HAllen View Post
    This is like perfumery Cluedo!

Surely it must be a smaller house? If it was a large house, we probably would have heard before now? My gut instinct says Dougczar. Who he bought? I don't know.

lol! No, you can rule me out (unfortunately)! But, there are certainly a few I wouldn't mind getting my hands on!

I do agree that hednic is the best guess at this point. And it surely must be a French house... So, I partially agree with others and give my answer in the form of the game clue by saying:

It was hednic buying Mancera with a wad of cash.

Whoever it is, just make sure you give me a lifetime discount.

Basenotes Junkie

Where are these clues you talked about giving, grant? All i've seen are a bunch of wild guesses.
    Edit: just saw the exclusion clue in post #9.

Come on hednic, break your silence!

Blog Entries

Oh please let it be hednic & Montale!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

The buyer has got to be Hednic for reason i stated earlier. I know he loves Montale, but i think it Indult he bought.

Hednic is being rather coy at the moment not responding isn't he? Perhaps wrapping up some financial matters on the deal.

My guess would be that martinijo has finally realized his destiny and lifelong dream of becoming part of the illustrious CREED family history. That, and 'if you can't beat em, join em'.

Chandler Burr ?
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Oh please let it be hednic & Montale!
    For some reason Montale was my first thought when I read the thread title.
    Top 10:
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Creed Himalaya
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Royal Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    Tom Ford Italian Cypress
    Bleu de Chanel
    Serge Lutens Chergui
    Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense

Why would anyone want to get into that mess known as Montale?

I don't know if it's Hednic but I have often wondered what he does for a living. (Surely you can't earn a living as a frequent poster on a fragrance forum-LOL) Maybe there is a thread where members tell what their professions are.

Blog Entries

My guess, it is Hedonist222 because he said he knows who it is.
    There are no answers, only choices. (Stanislav Lem)

Quote Originally Posted by tonghpafu View Post
    Plot twist: Grant had breakfast whilst looking in a mirror and he himself bought a perfume house
    now this schizophrenia twist in the plot really made me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    My guess would be that martinijo has finally realized his destiny and lifelong dream of becoming part of the illustrious CREED family history. That, and 'if you can't beat em, join em'.
    The solution to a mystery is never as worthwhile as the mystery itself...