Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default S.O.T.D. - Friday, 15 November 2013.

Hi all - have a lovely Friday!

Aedes de Venustas EdP.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Friday, 15 November 2013.

Amour Nocturne by L'Artisan
    (504)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Good Morning all,

what a beautiful day in London!

Have to wear Une Rose today.......have a great day everybody!

sea roses

Having problem uploading photos so this is a song with glorious photos of flowers in it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL011-59beY

the lyrics are these and are a bit confused

Beautiful day

Beautiful day with glance of joy
    Colours all around and hopes for us,
    Life is a present but I forget it often.(my interpretation of song :we forget the gift of life)

In the sky God’s nest (My interpretation: God is watching over us)
    And even if we’re not both birds. (difficult as this could mean even if yet we are not in paradise or able to fly there)
    I enjoy the day and I smile.

Talk to me with tender voice,(be kind to me, don't speak in harsh voices or say mean things, our souls need to be soothed)
    Don’t ruin this day
    With a word of yours, a syllable,
    Don’t target me, soul asks for a caress,
    You can make it, only you.

Beautiful day, the voices of the people
    They reach to my ears like the Sundays,(on Sundays people usually are singing because of church and family gatherings which is always beauty)
    It looks like spring, life looks like truth.

As if the light doesn’t show any more the wounds, (our troubles look lesser when we look around)
    It found a way to enter to our souls.
    Everything is the same but they don’t look like habit anymore.(nothing has changed, but to see the world differently...in a good way)

Talk to me with tender voice,
    Don’t ruin this day
    With a word of yours, a syllable,
    Don’t target me, soul asks for a caress,
    You can make it only you.
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

Good morning.

La Traversée du Bosphore for me today.

"Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

1899 HDP, really like that powdery cinnamon.
    "Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it." -Mark Twain

Good morning everyone. Hi Sea Roses, you seem to be in a really happy place and it makes me smile , a big smile.

Synching in Christopher Sheldrakes lovely Chergui.

Have a lovely day all!

by Kilian, 'Prelude to Love' for today.

Seville orange, bergamot, Amalfi lemon, ginger, pepper, orange blossom, Florence iris

Bright, cheerful; just seemed like that kind of day!

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone and a happy Friday to you all.

Vintage #5 eau de cologne for me today.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

SpaceNK Melodrama
    DONNA

EDC is nice, Tdem!
    "Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it." -Mark Twain

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Friday, 15 November 2013.

HERITAGE, EdT
    Last edited by ROBERTO; 15th November 2013 at 01:20 PM.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

I like that one as well, Roberto! I'd like a little less patchouli, other than that, good stuff.

Hello everyone -

Nice song, Sea Roses - you are in a good mood! It's currently a bit overcast, but I'm playing tennis a little later so I'm hoping a beautiful day emerges here, too. I'm in Chamade, a generous splash of vintage edc ...simply gorgeous.

Y'all have a great day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Hi all!
    vintage Cartier Santos Concentrée

Basenotes Plus

Good morning, everyone, Happy Friday!!!

With all the talk about Indult and who bought the company, I had to wear my Tihota this morning.

Have a great weekend!

(((((Evangeline))))))) just saw your signature....usually I look at your photos and what you have to say.......that's so beautiful!

Class act E!!!!!!!
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

Basenotes Plus

Chamade modern edt for me today.

DD is still home with fever. We're going for antibiotics later, it's time.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Good morning everyone! I'm so excited for it to be the weekend. I've been surviving on very little sleep all week and I'm going to sleep in til noon tomorrow and catch up! It's grey and cold here, so I'm in two grey sweaters and Keiko Mecheri Gourmandises from the sample pile in Chicago. It made me hope for something cozy and sweater-ish. I'm getting the cozy, but it's not a sweater... it's a bit more of an exotic animal than that.

Hope everyone's having a great day. I've been awfully busy but still reading through SOTD and smiling at you all

Oh, Quarry, loved the pic yesterday! And 30Roses, ouch, $5k for the boiler It's so much more fun to put money into pretty things for your house, but hard to enjoy them if you're freezing and underwater!

Loved all the pretty pictures yesterday and hoping to see some from SeaRoses trip! *hint hint, nudge nudge*

Good morning!

Sea Roses, what lovely lyrics. I have not listened to the song but those are such beautiful, tender words.

Yum, meow7, you smell great! That is one of my favorites. It is so juicy and happy and romantic all at once. Definitely a good mood scent!

I am in Van Cleef & Arpels First from my sample sent by a BN friend. I love love love this and a bottle is officially on my wish list! Always will think of cello and Evangeline (loved that sweet Christmas story) when I wear this.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ErinK; 15th November 2013 at 02:25 PM. Reason: trying to remove attachment thumbnail :{ unsuccessful.

Good morning good smelling people. Happy Friday!

Nasomatto Narcotic Venus (from a sample of course) this morning, pretty generously applied. Floralovelyness. Would not pay what it costs, but nice smelling.

It's so nice to check in and see happy posts!

Thanks for the shout-out, Sea Roses. Ol' Chris Cranch had a thing for that gorgeous magnolia perfume, too!

You smell beautiful, Erin - soooo elegant and glamorous. I do cherish my old bottle of First, floaters and all.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I've missed going through this thread this week. Many good wishes to each of you for a happy Friday! I'm enjoying Amouage Memoir Woman Extrait today.

Blog Entries

elizrj, yes, Hubby is talking about raiding his IRA to replace the boiler now (he's over 59, so no penalty), but he wants to talk to the technician that examined it to get the details first.

Daughter submitted her first-ever college application last night online, to one of her 2 safety schools ("Early Action" option, which is non-binding.) But she is also starting to think about applying to a local college (my alma mater) and commuting, which she really didn't want to do earlier on. I'm glad she's considering all her options.

No SotD yet as I'm baking cookies and enjoying the smell too much.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post

Daughter submitted her first-ever college application last night online, to one of her 2 safety schools ("Early Action" option, which is non-binding.) But she is also starting to think about applying to a local college (my alma mater) and commuting, which she really didn't want to do earlier on. I'm glad she's considering all her options.
    Ooh how exciting, 30R!

De Profundis today. Happy Friday to all!

Blog Entries

Hi all,

Wore Ghost to go & get my hair done today. l am now a nice chestnut brown with a few red highlights.

Hugs to all!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Good morning all! Happy Friday also.

Mauboussin by Mauboussin is blasting off my chest, out from under a shirt and sweater! This stuff is nuclear, but I love it to pieces.

Nuclear gets my attention! Must sample soon. hehehe.

Wanting sniffs of 30R's kitchen too.

HdP 1876 Mata Hari. Have a nice Friday, all!

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    HdP 1876 Mata Hari. Have a nice Friday, all!
    Going on my test list. Edit, I guess it was already on there! I keep my to-tests on a list outside BN cause sometimes I can't find the scent I am looking for in the directory.

Isn't it frustrating, dear? I know first-hand.

Well, news me: I seem to have found a fig fragrance for this coming winter -- ExtremeK, have you tried it yet? -- Profumum Roma Dambrosia (earlier this week I found Fiori d'Ambra bottle that I had inexplicably(and hardly forgiveably) forgotten about, and now this! Dumb-me, that's what it is!).

Hello, cher madames et mademoiselles. (No spelling comments, please! )

I'm in synch today with Parfumerie Generale's Papyrus de Ciane. Green, bracing but not a slap in the face, a little retro/medicinal thing going on. I like it.

Back to work. Till next time, friends!

Interesting find, T. Pear is a note that is usually a miss with me. Plus almond/pear combos remind me of Burberry Brit, which I just cannot stand! Oh, how I hate thee, thou stinky Burberry!

bleu autumn haze

I'm in synch today, wearing Fumerie Turque by Christopher Sheldrake. I'm heading out to Lawrence, Kansas this afternoon to spend the night with my sister and attend a KU football game tomorrow. My sister sounds like she needs some cheering up ... life gets complicated sometimes, no? I've been busy at work and spent the last nights working overtime ... hope I didn't miss too much here on BN!

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Wanting sniffs of 30R's kitchen too.
    PMing you the recipe!

Ok back from weirdo basenotes land where I was unable to post or ask for help as this white space was black.

Happy baking 30Roses!!!!!

Elizrj photos coming soon.........currently trying to upload on another site and failing miserably!!!!!!!!

Erin thank you so much for your comments Michalis is one of my favourite singers along with.......and too many to count.......

but these are for you and anyone who has ever had a broken heart! With English lyrics!!!!!!!!

*witch* and *enchantress* are often the same in Greek......coming from magic root word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rj9XiUGALM

and the adorable Antonis Remos...again english lyrics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO3ZV_a5tYY

SOTE is De Profundis

Basenotes Plus

30 Roses…exciting about your daughter! We've been talking about the college stuff too. Our girls are growing up so fast.

We're back from the doctor's office. Sofie has pneumonia & is finally on antibiotics. Still coughing, feverish & feeling lousy but at least now she has a chance to get better.

I never made it to my Chamade, had to run out when the pediatrician could see us.

So, I'm going with Amouage Opus III instead.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Oh dear, RHM, your poor little one! Pneumonia - yikes! - no wonder she has been feeling so bad. I hope the medicine has her back to 100% soon!

LOL at "floaters," Evangeline!

Have a great time at the game, Shades! I miss Kansas. We used drive to Kansas every summer to visit my great-grandparents, who lived in Greensburg. My great-grandmother passed away a year after the devastating tornado leveled the town. I miss seeing that part of the country.

SOTAfternoon is Iris Poudre. It's a beautiful fall day here.

Blog Entries

Wearing Stoned this evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Thanks for the link, Sea Roses. What beautiful lyrics. The soul does ask for a caress. I'm wearing Une Rose today, too, and smiling.

Coromandel
    Friday sync - Nose: Christopher Sheldrake

In sync - Thierry Wasser is listed for CK Truth

A small miracle. All morning I was in rapture wearing Une Rose. When I finally went downstairs and looked out back, there on a rose bush I'd given up on was this single rose. I'd had none like it on that bush for months.

UneRose.jpg

Hello again -

I'm in Deneuve, yet another discontinued though magnificent classic chypre for the evening's usual cocktails, dinner and jazz ...which will be underway soon if the sound of Tony's cocktail shaker is any indication. Cheers!

Oh Sea Roses, you smell divine in your De Profundis ...and I see you're twinned with the also divine-smelling foxbins! It came as quite a surprise how much I love that one ...simply stunning.

Basenotes Plus

RHM, I hope your daughter feels better really soon!!

Wearing Armani Mania this evening.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by ScentFan View Post
    A small miracle. All morning I was in rapture wearing Une Rose. When I finally went downstairs and looked out back, there on a rose bush I'd given up on was this single rose. I'd had none like it on that bush for months.

UneRose.jpg
    Oh Scentfan that IS beautiful! Do you have many rose bushes?

regards

searoses

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Mrs E......that's gorgeous. You two have a wonderful evening.

Pasha was so impressed with your Carl Sagan link!

hugs koukla (that means doll in Greek)

searoses

^^ Thank you! You two have a wonderful evening as well, koukla. xo

Lovely reading everyone's doings today! I'm sampling Lancome's Cuir de Lancome this evening.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Jacques Bogart Witness tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Profumum Dambrosia tonight. Kalli, it is not that much about pear at all, it is mostly figgy with sandalwood. And it is sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Roses View Post
    Oh Scentfan that IS beautiful! Do you have many rose bushes?

regards

searoses

- - - Updated - - -

searoses
    Only two, who annually forgive my lack of a green thumb.