Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which one would you recommend?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Merchant Loup

4 23.53%
  • Fou d'Absinthe

1 5.88%
  • Dzing!

12 70.59%

Default L'Artisan Merchant Loup vs. Fou d'Absinthe vs. Dzing! Thread started by Marioslg3

Guys,
    Need a help.
    I would like to buy one of those three L'Artisan perfumes but i dont know which.
    I want something masculine and diffenent without beeing vanillic and powdery.
    What do you recommend?

(Thread relocated from Blogs)

Default Re: L'Artisan Merchant Loup vs. Fou d'Absinthe vs. Dzing! Thread started by Marioslg3

Dzing by far for me. More distinctive and fun, with its leathery circus accord. You have to be ok with dirty musks, though. fou d'absinthe is safer, ok but not as striking.

cacio

Default Re: L'Artisan Merchant Loup vs. Fou d'Absinthe vs. Dzing! Thread started by Marioslg3

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Dzing by far for me. More distinctive and fun, with its leathery circus accord. You have to be ok with dirty musks, though. fou d'absinthe is safer, ok but not as striking.

cacio
    I agree.

Another for Dzing. However, own all three and all are nice.
    Last edited by hednic; 15th November 2013 at 02:35 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I have all 3 and each is lovely. While i like Fou d'Absinthe best, i think Merchant Loup will be a good choice.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Blog Entries

I have Fou D'Absinthe and it's pretty, although fleeting. I'll throw a wild card into the mix and suggest 'Mazzolari-Vetyver' and if you can find it, Mona di Orio's 'Nuit Noir'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've never tried Mechant Loup, but between Dzing! and Fou....

They're so different!

Fou d'Absinthe comes across to me as a very masculine, sober-minded, almost-traditional type of fougere. Coniferous, a little sharp, a little warm, and a bit of a sweaty quality to it at first (which goes away over time and leaves you with the coniferous/absinthe aspect...which becomes very clean in turn).

Dzing! is much more relaxed--a calming caramelic popcorn blend with undertones of leather and grease (like car/gear grease) and vanilla. Heavy at times, but not nearly as challenging or out there as reviews would lead you to believe. I actually find it really easy to wear. But it doesn't move me very much.

Fou d'Absinthe: Wear it during the day to work and when you're out doing things. But it doesn't have much of a sense of humor (it's one downside, in my opinion). But I get shit done when I wear it.

Dzing!: Lounging around the house or a quiet night out.

Fou: Clean and sober

Dzing!: Half a bottle in and feeling kind of mellow

I like both. I think I prefer Fou just a little bit.