Code of Conduct

Default Foreign Ebayers and UK self storage adresses

Hello,

I've recently sold perfumes on Ebay, the winners of the auctions are based in Bulgaria but have provided UK self storage addresses.

I've never used self storage, will it be ok to post items to them?

Thanks.

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Posta...am/td-p/123039
    Last edited by Rüssel; 15th November 2013 at 11:47 AM.

Default Re: Foreign Ebayers and UK self storage adresses

That thread from the eBay forums pretty much sums it up.

Do the winners have any votes?
    There are options to block new/unrated users from buying your items.
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

The feedback of the winners looks good, one of them is a member for years (though doesn't have many transactions). Both replied immediately but didn't say much apart from that it's not a problem to post it there.

Probably will send the items, recorded mail. Hopefully this should cover me if there are any problems. The items are not very expensive so I don't think people trying to scam someone would necessarily go after them but who knows. The self storage company isn't the one mentioned in the Ebay thread but Access which seems to be a proper company.

Contacted them, this is what they had to say
    Thank you for getting in touch with us. I can confirm that we have a shipping company here who deal with buyers from Bulgaria. They deal with several hundred parcels a day in a similar fashion to yourself. Your buyer will have an account with my customer who will accept the delivery from the respective courier who will then in turn ship it on. The reason for this I am told is that this is the cheapest option for import to Bulgaria.

I can assure you that this is not the first time we have been asked about this but will only ever say the same thing. If you are not entirely sure then you have the right to refuse sale and not send the parcel. I cannot advise what is best for you.

When dealing with problems on US eBay, I found they consider communication via the Messages system on My eBay when making decisions for cases that are filed - private emails, not so much. Also, many sellers insist on sending only to addresses that have been verified by PayPal, probably for good reason. If this isn't the case, and the self storage address has not been verified by PayPal, it may be helpful to send another message via eBay's own message system to the seller that summarizes your previous discussions and states you are willing to send to their self-storage provided someone will be able to sign for it and with their agreement that you are not responsible for any damage or loss of any kind - there will be no refunds or returns in this instance. If they indicate agreement, in writing, it wouldn't hurt to also make a quick call to eBay to verify that sending recorded mail does indeed cover you if something goes awry.