Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Angelo Orazio Pregoni versus Denyse Beaulieu’s speculations on Art

In these days, Denyse Beaulieu released a post (http://goo.gl/0evSrr) about “perfume, cuisine, art”.
    Angelo Orazio Pregoni wants to share some remarks about this topic.
    CORVO_G.jpg

RULE THE SURROUNDING IF YOU ARE SURROUNDED.
    THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A COOL AND A FOOL

I agree with Denyse when she says that Cooking and Perfumery are strongly tied. I would say that both of them have the same pattern too, coming from Art. Whatever it can’t be true that all the relationships between taste and olfaction are artistic expressions. Trying to be more clear: I think it isn’t Art (we can’t consider it as Art anyway) what is a simple didactic tie without any intellectual reworking, what is a mutual, ordinary and unsurprising link that only could work as a teaching model for fools.
    Everyone of us remember that “G” is for “Grape” and remember its taste too. Everyone of us remember how grape is and also how it smells, but the children’s sketches on the walls of schools aren’t artworks! Maybe those sketches could be Art in the hands of an artist, but only this way they could become!
    So, if it remains a simple didactical tool, the tie between Cooking and Perfumery is an assignment for an employee.
    There are many events that join foods with perfumes or essences everywhere all around the World, but the only Art performance in them it could be to put the fingers in our throat or nose!
    Art is much more than this! My fortune was to work over ten years as Executive Chef, trying new, unusual directions side by side with many great Chefs, in and out of my Crew. My fortune was thinking and realizing, as the first Chef in the World, a ‘Fluxus Dinner’ in far 2002, with Fluxus Movement original members.
    Alison Knowles served bean soup from a big cauldron (she often used beans in her artworks) and the guests added numbered secret ingredients to their soups, making them different by any other.
    In the meantime, an actor playing a clochard and a wild boar at the same time was going around among tables and, after having produced many troubles, he entered in the kitchen to savagely fight with the chef (me), who triumphant showed its blooding cut head finally. The remainder of that wild boar went in attendees dishes!
    Larry Miller (who earlier worked to an image of Christ with chocolate) served the dessert. Each slice of condensed milk with agar-agar was decorated with a chocolate cross and blessed by rum. The whole performance was recorded and photographed, so entering in Fluxus Movement History.
    This year 2013 only, this time as Nez, I created another Fluxus performance, named "Splash, slow dinner fast perfume” featuring the great Chef Schilo van Coevorden, showing how to make a perfume in two hours, using wines and dishes from Schilo.
    So I tried to tell a story beyond the food, using that food as ingredient and going over each arrogant doctrinal method that joins foods and perfume.
    The lines that separated me and Schilo were very clear-cut so we gave life to a magical Performance Art moment that evening. A one piece perfume was born, with flaws that made it precious as no other fragrance.
    What else could I say? “Splash” will be again (changing its creative concept), meanwhile the French (even when they are Canadians) can’t astonish me anymore. The piece of Denyse Beaulieu is an example of how much they consider themselves the top of the class even when they aren’t. Their only will is to preserve the status quo, using a cultured and well dressed ignorance and marketing trusts too. They achieve in this goal also thanks to many people so poor they don’t have the proud and the will to consider themselves as cool as French.
    I also agree with Denyse about the charm of the “Mise en Abyme” concept, and that it would be a perfect name for a perfume. Unfortunately, it just was the name of my Art Performance in 2012, that gave life to two perfumes: “Supercilium with a ‘C’ only” and “Subcilium”!
    Denyse knows these things because we talked about them for two days in Amsterdam, where she was for the launch of Peety by O’Driù, my brand. We talked about Art and Perfumery, eating together and walking around for shopping. Schilo cooked our dinner! Denyse is a cultured and charming woman. A Parisian woman, indeed a French and a Canadian one.
    Sometimes I ask to myself: what would have been of Charles Baudelaire and its genius if he didn’t translate Edgar Allan Poe?
    «Quoth the Raven, ‘Nevermore’.»

http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Slow...ance-4195.html

Default Re: Angelo Orazio Pregoni versus Denyse Beaulieu’s speculations on Art

What is this about?
    Last edited by heperd; 17th November 2013 at 04:37 AM. Reason: the first thing I wrote was really mean.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    What is this about?
    I read this post and both links until I understood. And now, I will endeavor to say nothing, apply some Bleu de Chanel, and just enjoy fragrance. I highly recommend that we all do likewise. This is Mainstream Lovers Help Desk - over and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I read this post and both links until I understood. And now, I will endeavor to say nothing, apply some Bleu de Chanel, and just enjoy fragrance. I highly recommend that we all do likewise. This is Mainstream Lovers Help Desk - over and out.
    Same, except Tam Dao EdP. At least for me, when it comes down to it, I almost always prefer to enjoy art like a wolf howling at the moon, rather than thinking much about it.

But then sometimes I like to babble on about perfume, I know. That's more like geeking out - wallowing in otakuness - though.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What is this about?
    Thinly-disguised advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    Thinly-disguised advertising.
    It kind of worked; I'm sitting here in Lalfeogrigio right now.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    It kind of worked; I'm sitting here in Lalfeogrigio right now.
    I might be sitting in something O'Driu, but I never got an answer when I asked if I could buy samples a while back. :-(

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    Same, except Tam Dao EdP. At least for me, when it comes down to it, I almost always prefer to enjoy art like a wolf howling at the moon, rather than thinking much about it.

But then sometimes I like to babble on about perfume, I know. That's more like geeking out - wallowing in otakuness - though.
    Very much agreed. There is a lot to be said for getting into the art and geekiness of fragrance, but when it reaches the point of taking public issue with somebody else's enjoyable geekiness, I just say "Check, please!" I want to respect all parties here, so I feel like I want to throw samples at everybody and say "Stop acting like adults!" There's enough horrible serious stuff already - LEAVE FRAGRANCE ALONE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Everyone of us remember that “G” is for “Grape” and remember its taste too. Everyone of us remember how grape is and also how it smells, but the children’s sketches on the walls of schools aren’t artworks! Maybe those sketches could be Art in the hands of an artist, but only this way they could become!"
    No philosopher or art historian here, but what has it to do with the rest?
    Anyway, if it's advertising, as Marais say, it doesn't work with me- in spite of all the good things I've read about this line and in spite of being fellow countrywoman, I'm sort of put off! (supercilium- wih a C only!)
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Angelo - can you fly?
    Raven - no, i can't. I'm stupid...foto 1.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by O'Driù helpdesk View Post
    Angelo - can you fly?
    Raven - no, i can't. I'm stupid...foto 1.JPG
    WhY

for swap/sale:

ANGELO - Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!
    RAVEN - Nevermore!foto 2.JPG

Poe Angelo. A bird in the hand can be quite messy.

Angelo - are you messy?
    Raven - no, i'm fluxus...foto 3.JPG

Basenotes Plus

This is ridiculous.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Abstract art..hence it means this in the artist imagination or that to the critic...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Yes Sir! 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.'
    You are right! It is just incredible to speak with a bird! But speaking with You Sir, it's a great honor and privilege!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post

I love this image and I love wolves.

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

What this discussion needs is a clear epistemological amphigory of intrusive onanistic thoughts viz a viz the francophobia in autodidact haute parfumerie. Clearly the resulting indigestion will produce a cognisant discord in the military-gustatory complex, freeing us from the woeful endurance test of Kafkaphagy. As ever, the primary ingredient of any great scent is noumenon.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    What this discussion needs is a clear epistemological amphigory of intrusive onanistic thoughts viz a viz the francophobia in autodidact haute parfumerie. Clearly the resulting indigestion will produce a cognisant discord in the military-gustatory complex, freeing us from the woeful endurance test of Kafkaphagy. As ever, the primary ingredient of any great scent is noumenon.

"Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Where are you, Raven?image.jpgimage.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Fleurine View Post
    I love this image and I love wolves.
    Just for you.

A rare howling Ravenolf.

Last edited by hedonist222; 18th November 2013 at 05:42 PM.

for swap/sale:

I was actually just about to say almost exactly the same thing, but with fewer words that I've never seen before.

NOW you are really fluxus! Nevermore!

Sorry! I'm tired! Thank you for the entertainment!

wumo[1].jpg

Never more, Lenore

Is that a magpie or a raven?

Basenotes Plus

I couldn't have said it better myself.

RULE THE SURROUNDING IF YOU ARE SURROUNDED.
    THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A COOL AND A FOOL

Fortunately, we do have some good basenoters and they know who they are.

Ummm... Can we just wear perfume and eat food in a polite and civil manner?

How do people react to unpredictable discourse and what creative responses will this generate?
    Or is it just a marketing gimmick?

Or both?

Or neither?

Quote Originally Posted by gtsb View Post
    How do people react to unpredictable discourse and what creative responses will this generate?
    Or is it just a marketing gimmick?

Or both?

Or neither?
    I have an idea for a good marketing gimmick- Make some fragrances that actually smell good.

image.jpgimage.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

NO STUDENT AT SCHOOL TODAY?
    NO JOURNALIST FOR INSPIRATION?

- - - Updated - - -

NO STUDENT AT SCHOOL TODAY?
    NO JOURNALIST FOR INSPIRATION?

OPS! WAITING FOR "SPLASH 2"

http://moreinside.blogspot.it/2013/0...t-perfume.html
    Last edited by O'Driù helpdesk; 20th November 2013 at 10:33 AM.

Blog Entries

Wolves gotta howl
    Ravens gotta rave
    Painters of urea gotta be brave

Painters gotta paint
    Ravens gotta land
    Wolves gotta dream 'til they understand

Lights out, my furry ones!

Quote Originally Posted by redneck perfumisto View Post
    wolves gotta howl
    ravens gotta rave
    painters of urea gotta be brave

painters gotta paint
    ravens gotta land
    wolves gotta dream 'til they understand

lights out, my furry ones!

wow!!! Let me try...

It’s a novel or a boring saga
    like Saint George and a Dragon as enemy!
    But i’m not famous as "Lady Gaga"…
    does she pee in a perfume, just like me?
    These are my ideas, not of "Lady blabla"!
    Is she a journalist? Mmm, sorry… a beep.
    Mi dit de parler! Talk, talk, abla!
    So, i talked about my art, my perfumes and dada,
    but she took a Dragon for a sheep
    and a Saint for the capital of Grenada!

- - - Updated - - -

BAUDELAIR.jpg
    Poe e Baudelaire.JPG
    Last edited by O'Driù helpdesk; 25th November 2013 at 02:52 PM.

Basenotes Plus

What is this about?
    I'm thinking it's about 13 paragraphs long....
    improving olfactory environments one molecule at a time....

Blog Entries

Apparently it's an advertisement for a perfume event that costs $300. This is the perfume you are supposed to pee into. Very classy. It costs $50! For a sample! $250 for a 50ml bottle (as near as I can tell). Body fluids in art is very 1980's post-modern. It's been done. I have an incontinent cat. I don't regard his work as artistic in the least. I'm sorry to say, this Emperor is naked as a jay bird. Put some clothes on. We've seen it all before.

Basenotes Plus

Oh dear lord.... it freaked me out enough when i found out some fellow yoga enthusiasts DRINK their own pee. I don't think I will be lining up to WEAR my own urine anytime soon.....
    improving olfactory environments one molecule at a time....

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Apparently it's an advertisement for a perfume event that costs $300. This is the perfume you are supposed to pee into. Very classy. It costs $50! For a sample! $250 for a 50ml bottle (as near as I can tell). Body fluids in art is very 1980's post-modern. It's been done. I have an incontinent cat. I don't regard his work as artistic in the least. I'm sorry to say, this Emperor is naked as a jay bird. Put some clothes on. We've seen it all before.
    You should do research before before a comment like that. If your referring to Peety, this event has nothing to with that. In addition, Peety seems to have garnered a fair amount of praise. It seems like a (one) off event. Eva Kant is a gorgeous unisex fragrance. Cat vs. Human, really? Maybe cats are good company for you. Congrats.

Actually, I was reminded of Peety when the Hyraceum thread returned - but Peety is fine without pee anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    - but Peety is fine without pee anyway.
    My Peety is just Ty

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Plus

Get a room please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trex57 View Post
    You should do research before before a comment like that. If your referring to Peety, this event has nothing to with that. In addition, Peety seems to have garnered a fair amount of praise. It seems like a (one) off event. Eva Kant is a gorgeous unisex fragrance. Cat vs. Human, really? Maybe cats are good company for you. Congrats.
    In #37 the perfumer says, quote, "does she pee in a perfume, just like me?". I was simply referring to his own words and former 'work'.
    Have fun at the party. Bring extra $ for the cash bar.
    I meant that I don't find any Pee of ANY KIND at all artistic or wearable.
    Last edited by kumquat; 28th March 2014 at 09:23 PM.

Thank you for posting.

This sounds like a hugely enjoyable creative experience and one that I'd love to attend if circumstances permitted, which they unfortunately do not.

@kumquat - I'd personally rather have ethically sourced pee in a perfume than civet but we're all different and that discussion has little to do with the current direction of this thread anyway.
    There are threads on & reviews of Peety here for those interested.
    Last edited by lpp; 29th March 2014 at 08:34 AM.

In #37 the perfumer says, quote, "does she pee in a perfume, just like me?". I was simply referring to his own words and former 'work'.
    FOR MY NEW FRIEND KUMQUAT, GRATIS FOR YOU...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5G5zYqeVa8

Blog Entries

Very esoteric! Thanks, not sure what it has to do with your perfume but I gather you are an art fan.

I'm guessing you won't be buying this then:

http://www.luckyscent.com/product/53...-by-marc-atlan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post

Affirmative!

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Thank you for posting this amusing video. The costumes were most enjoyable. I'm guessing that the message is that fashion, blogging, and perfumery are all dependent upon one another???

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post

I am behind the times so I went to an old BN thread about it. Hmmmm... Seems like perfumery has come full-circle from trying to cover up the odors of the human body to actually bottling human bodily fluids, or at least trying to mimic the odor of them ie. Secretions Magnifique.

The O'Driu's actually use some really excellent ingredients & the vanilla used is interesting as it's not a sweet one.
    Eva Kant is one of my favourites at the moment of those tried so far (and very wearable) & Lafro is well worth a try imo.

Eva Kant is on my "to try" list. I love the idea of wearing a perfume named for a comic book character.

It suits her very well imo
    It's one of my current favourites.

FROM MANZONI TO PREGONI
    (reliquie e feticci / l'idea del valore contro la sostanza artistica)
    LONDON, COMING SOON...

unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg

Cool

Thanks for posting.

Jesus.
    My current top five:

Yohji Yamamoto - Yohji Homme (vtg)
    Jil Sander - Man
    Comme des Garçons - Black
    Naomi Goodsir - Bois d'ascèse
    YSL - M7 (vtg)

My fragrance reviews | http://yeoldecivetcat.blogspot.it/