Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Angelo Orazio Pregoni versus Denyse Beaulieuís speculations on Art

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    It suits her very well imo
    It's one of my current favourites.
    One of my faves too.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Driý helpdesk View Post
    FROM MANZONI TO PREGONI
    (reliquie e feticci / l'idea del valore contro la sostanza artistica)
    LONDON, COMING SOON...

Attachment 26931
    Attachment 26932
    Attachment 26933
    This one will be for the really intrepid perfume enthusiasts.

There should be laws!

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Apparently it's an advertisement for a perfume event that costs $300. This is the perfume you are supposed to pee into. Very classy. It costs $50! For a sample! $250 for a 50ml bottle (as near as I can tell). Body fluids in art is very 1980's post-modern. It's been done. I have an incontinent cat. I don't regard his work as artistic in the least. I'm sorry to say, this Emperor is naked as a jay bird. Put some clothes on. We've seen it all before.

Basenotes Plus

Are we still discussing whether Art is "To Pee or Not to Pee"?

[QUOTE=O'Driý helpdesk

Attachment 26857 Attachment 26858

Not originally.
    Last edited by lpp; 31st March 2014 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by capridog View Post
    are we still discussing whether art is "to pee or not to pee"?
    lol!

Blog Entries

I thought it had to do with what was the relevance of the 'Art-speak' or 'stream of consciousness' statements made by the OP to perfumery.

This was kindly posted...

Blog Entries

FROM MANZONI TO PREGONI
    (reliquie e feticci / l'idea del valore contro la sostanza artistica)
    LONDON, COMING SOON...

Attachment 26931
    Attachment 26932
    Attachment 26933
    OMG - I learn something on this site every day! (WARNING: NSFW titles and/or descriptions of "NSFW" art!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist%27s_Shit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piero_Manzoni

http://www.moma.org/collection/brows...6&sort_order=1

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/13/ar...anzoni&st=cse&

Fascinating!
    Last edited by Redneck Perfumisto; 1st April 2014 at 04:22 AM. Reason: NSFW warnings added

Basenotes Plus

Fascinating indeed! And I wish I did not click on Red's first and last links. Yikes!

Blog Entries

Oh, so it's deconstructed perfume. Great.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    Fascinating indeed! And I wish I did not click on Red's first and last links. Yikes!
    Sorry about that - I will add NSFW++ immediately!

2.jpg

5.jpg

merda d'artista by piero manzoni € 250.000
    peety by angelo orazio pregoni € 150
    peety with your pee € ...?
    Last edited by O'Driý helpdesk; 1st April 2014 at 12:30 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Oh, so it's deconstructed perfume. Great.
    "Like postmodernism, deconstructionism finds concrete experience more valid than abstract ideas and, therefore, refutes any attempts to produce a history, or a truth. In other words, the multiplicities and contingencies of human experience necessarily bring knowledge down to the local and specific level, and challenge the tendency to centralize power through the claims of an ultimate truth which must be accepted or obeyed by all"

Or as I would say -- follow your nose.
    improving olfactory environments one molecule at a time....

Quote Originally Posted by stargarden View Post
    "Like postmodernism, deconstructionism finds concrete experience more valid than abstract ideas and, therefore, refutes any attempts to produce a history, or a truth. In other words, the multiplicities and contingencies of human experience necessarily bring knowledge down to the local and specific level, and challenge the tendency to centralize power through the claims of an ultimate truth which must be accepted or obeyed by all"

Whose words do you reference (other than your own)?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Maillard View Post
    Jesus.
    In college, my philosophy (grad student) prof said we would be discussing whether the grass was green or whether we were just in a "construct" which "caused us to think the grass was green". It was pretty much downhill from there for me.
    One thing I know is there isn't enough convoluted Art-speak in the world to make me pay good $ for sh*t in a can. and I have an MFA.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Curly11 View Post
    Whose words do you reference (other than your own)?
    just a basic online definition of deconstructionism....I went to a very left of center liberal arts university focused on cultural studies, so i spent a lot of time with postmodernism

Basenotes Plus

In college, my philosophy (grad student) prof said we would be discussing whether the grass was green or whether we were just in a "construct" which "caused us to think the grass was green". It was pretty much downhill from there for me.
    One thing I know is there isn't enough convoluted Art-speak in the world to make me pay good $ for sh*t in a can. and I have an MFA.
    Judging from the way that our brains and optic nerves interpret colors, green is the one color grass is NOT.

We are ruled by our perceptions. This may be what your philosophy professor was referencing.

just a basic online definition of deconstructionism....I went to a very left of center liberal arts university focused on cultural studies, so i spent a lot of time with postmodernism
    OK. Thanks for your explanation.

Blog Entries

Judging from the way that our brains and optic nerves interpret colors, green is the one color grass is NOT.

We are ruled by our perceptions. This may be what your philosophy professor was referencing.
    True. I perceive that this is a lot of intellectual twaddle. Sorry, but I call 'em like I see 'em. When the grass is brown, I figure either it's winter or the fertilizer wasn't applied correctly.

I looked back through this thread and didn't notice any mention of the use of animal by-products in vintage perfumes. There are many perfume enthusiasts who love vintage perfumes exactly because they contain civet, musk from musk deer, etc. There was, or is, an experiment that some BNers are performing using hyraeceum (sp?). So, if we add our own urine or feces to a solution of aromatic materials, well, what's the difference? I mean, what's the difference beyond using waste products from our own species as opposed to those of a different species of mammal? My main concern about adding the feces from another human to a liquid that is intended for hygiene purposes is the spread of disease. Otherwise, if the creator of this perfume wants to call it art then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Thank you for posting.

This sounds like a hugely enjoyable creative experience and one that I'd love to attend if circumstances permitted, which they unfortunately do not.

@kumquat - I'd personally rather have ethically sourced pee in a perfume than civet but we're all different and that discussion has little to do with the current direction of this thread anyway.
    There are threads on & reviews of Peety here for those interested.
    I sort of mentioned it a while back, curly11
    & in post #43.

p.s. I think that post #58 translates thus :-

FROM TO Manzoni Pregoni
    (relics and fetishes / value against the idea of ​​artistic substance)
    LONDON, COMING SOON ...

In the meantime..
    Last edited by lpp; 1st April 2014 at 07:01 PM.

I have a limited numbered and signed SNIRT in a bottle, comes in yellow/brown and a white(ish)

Your welcome Artworld!

@ lpp. Yes, I see that you did address the hyraceum experiment. Did you participate? A cool project IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by trex57 View Post
    I have a limited numbered and signed SNIRT in a bottle, comes in yellow/brown and a white(ish)

Your welcome Artworld!
    Up until a couple weeks ago I was able to view SNIRT in its natural habitat. The piles I viewed were charcoal black.

Blog Entries

Mmmmm Snirt!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mmmmm Snirt!
    YIKES!!! Now thats SNIRT!

Blog Entries

Love that quote! The best part is that it shows Feynman's view of science is essentially deconstructive - that science only works by attacking what's central and demands acceptance. As he put it, "Belief in the ignorance of experts." Which is, in the end, each other. To find a greater truth, we have to suspend our belief in the demonstrably true, as well as our disbelief in the unquestionably false.

Heck - this thread was worth it just for my new-found appreciation of deconstruction!

Quote Originally Posted by Curly11 View Post
    @ lpp. Yes, I see that you did address the hyraceum experiment. Did you participate? A cool project IMO.
    Unfortunately, it was something that I was unable to participate in, Curly11, although others here have.
    A member did actually add some hyraceum to Peety in that experiment, but may not have repeated the experiment with pee

SPLASH, FAST FOOD - POP PERFUME
    AMSTERDAM, 06 04 2014

http://www.facebook.com/perfumes.odriu

SPLASH, FAST FOOD - POP PERFUME
    AMSTERDAM, 06 04 2014

http://www.facebook.com/perfumes.odriu
    I want that Hat. Very "pimpish" Looks like an interesting evening.
    What did Obi-Wan say to Luke at the dinnertable?
    Use the fork, Luke.

Thanks for posting