Code of Conduct

Default Lucky Find -- Chypre Rouge

I have been pining away for Chypre Rouge and had been planning on making a purchase at Aedes, it being the only place I was able to find it. However, when I went to make my purchase I saw, in very tiny print, that is was out of stock!

As it turns out, the entire US is out of stock as it was at the end of it's run and is now only available in Paris.

I looked a bit and somehow, by grace, I was able to locate another bottle at a smaller shop in the US. I just wanted to celebrate a bit and thought all of you might understand my great relief. Do feel free to share you tales of lucky, last minute finds.

Oh, and the price was considerably reduced! Even better.
    Last edited by danieq; 16th November 2013 at 05:35 AM.

Default Re: Lucky Find -- Chypre Rouge

Very nice find.. I ventured into a small perfume shop at a local shopping mall about 6 months ago. I actually stumbled on it accidentally while shopping. Intrigued, I began to look at what they had to offer. As I looked down into one of their glass cases I noticed a few boxes of creed which were back to back. There I saw erolfa, smw, tabarome and a small bottle of himalaya. I saw there were more boxes behind those so I asked the sales person what they were. She kindly opened the glass door and pulled out 2 boxes of creed green valley. That was a very good day.

There have been many lucky finds over the almost 40 years in my fragrance collecting. One I remember was finding a new sealed large vintage Sagamore Spray by Lancome at a garage sale. Just sitting there undisturbed on a shelf by itself in the back of the actual garage. I asked the individuals conducting the sale of items what they were asking, and they said $10. It lasted no more than ten seconds.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Found some vintage (mid 80s to mid 90s) Guerlain a few months ago.

for swap/sale:

Congrats. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Congrats. Enjoy!
    Thanks! I am rather relieved to have found it before they all disappeared from US counters.