Code of Conduct

Default Calyx is back, now owned by Clinique

From harpersbazaar.com:

Calyx, which originally launched in 1986 under the beauty brand Prescriptives, transformed the fragrance industry. There was nothing else out there like it. And ever since, its unique citrus scent entangled with a full bouqet of florals as well as fresh green notes have kept many women (and men for that matter) captivated.

However, when Prescriptives became strictly available online only, access to the beloved scent was limited. This month, Clinique (an Estee Lauder sister brand to Prescriptives) is redebuting the fragrance - on their site and at their counters - with the same exact original notes, just with their logo now stamped on the bottle.

calyx_new.jpg

--------------------
    I didn't know it was gone but glad to see it back and in wider distribution. I have heard stories about Calyx being a fragrance that quickly turns bad, no matter how well you store it, and have been anxiously sniffing my bottle for signs of degradation. So I am happy to see it's going to be available, in case I need a new bottle. Having owned a bottle for three years, it seems to have kept well so far.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

Default Re: Calyx is back, now owned by Clinique

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    From harpersbazaar.com:

Calyx, which originally launched in 1986 under the beauty brand Prescriptives, transformed the fragrance industry. There was nothing else out there like it. And ever since, its unique citrus scent entangled with a full bouqet of florals as well as fresh green notes have kept many women (and men for that matter) captivated.

However, when Prescriptives became strictly available online only, access to the beloved scent was limited. This month, Clinique (an Estee Lauder sister brand to Prescriptives) is redebuting the fragrance - on their site and at their counters - with the same exact original notes, just with their logo now stamped on the bottle.

calyx_new.jpg

--------------------
    I didn't know it was gone but glad to see it back and in wider distribution. I have heard stories about Calyx being a fragrance that quickly turns bad, no matter how well you store it, and have been anxiously sniffing my bottle for signs of degradation. So I am happy to see it's going to be available, in case I need a new bottle. Having owned a bottle for three years, it seems to have kept well so far.
    I have a 1 oz bottle I got from Fragrance.net last spring and it is fine, and was very very cheap. I wonder if being in stores will make it popular again, along with all the other 80s fashions being resurrected?

Splash Bottles Suck

Thanks for the info. I love Calyx - I discovered it after it was given 5 stars in the Guide.

I wish Clinique would update the bottle to a glass one. I really don't like the current plastic bottle.

Basenotes Institution

The Clinique bottle is plastic? Egad!
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Clinique and Prescriptives are/where both Estee Lauder companies from day one.

Calyx has been out here in the UK for quite a while well over a year. It sits on its own on a shelf with Aramis range usually.

Never been a fan so no idea if its been reformulated since Prescriptives?
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Clinique and Prescriptives are/where both Estee Lauder companies from day one.

Calyx has been out here in the UK for quite a while well over a year. It sits on its own on a shelf with Aramis range usually.

Never been a fan so no idea if its been reformulated since Prescriptives?
    Donna, I saw a comment on NST by Robin saying that the Clinique version smells much "fresher" than the old one, and she did not mean it as a compliment!
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

Basenotes Institution

Oh drat. Not good news.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Splash Bottles Suck

No, not good news at all... I guess I will be hunting down a bottle of the older Prescriptives stock. Hopefully it will be available on the webs for a while yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh boy!!!!! For me Calyx was always a fruit bowl citrus juicy. As I said never a fan, but fresher!!!! Sounds like they have taken the body out of it.
    DONNA