Code of Conduct
Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Default Re: Fake Creeds from a very famous online store?

Let's face it. Counterfeiters learn from their mistakes and learn from those "How to spot fake Creed" videos/threads. I doubt they still make Green Fritch Tweed anymore. The most obvious things I'd think they fix are making the sprayers white and ensuring proper detail on the caps and boxes. They got close enough in past years, why not add a few more details to get even closer?

Part of me thinks Creed changes their styling subtly over the years because they know counterfeiters will just catch on more and more. The counterfeiters want to fool everybody, including distributors and reputable discount sites.

IMO, a fragrance is only bottle worthy if you really enjoy it and want it for years to come. In that case, I'd find it much better to just purchase it at an authorized store that has a flexible return policy (should you be unsatisfied with a particular batch, faulty sprayer, ect...). And you get to choice which bottle you get. Online discounters... it's a gamble for quality, condition and/or authenticity, always.

You can always ask to return them! Creed is likely to make changes in packaging and print styles.may vary depending upon the interpretation of the art that gets sent to the new maker or printer of box or labels. I am not surprised to see the amount of variability you pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ph8 View Post
    They look ok to me, but I'm no expert. If you feel they are not legit return them. Packaging changes all the time and recently Creeds has (thus a number of is my creed legit threads).

Have you smelled/tested either of them out? Do the smell last as reported?
    I've never smelled them before, was a blind buy, so I cannot compare with a real one. I want to stay with them, but just if they are real ones.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    They look fine to me also. Bottom line as suggested above, if you're not happy, return as your satisfaction is the most important.

(3871)
    I want to stay with them, but I just want to know if they are real, because I've never seen this diferent portraits card and the cap with the red plate that is loose.

Okay, I will make the grand pronouncement here: They are real. You now have the famous Bigsly Stamp of Approval, which impresses the royalty of Europe (or so I've heard). LOL.

I think they are real as well... the only thing strange to me out of all the things you pointed out would be the cellophane on the box.

edit: just looked more closely at that first pic again, and it appears that it's not cellophane, it's just shrink-wrapped. This would make me feel better about it... sometimes this happens so it doesn't get tampered with.

Your bottles are authentic.

Btw, there is a sticky for questions like this.

Any reason why you hid the name of the store until the very end of the post? Who cares about VERY FAMOUS? It'd be smarter to just post the name at the beginning, especially since the post is so long. Many may not scroll through the whole thing. Regardless, the bottles look legit to me. Creed makes fantastic scents, but their quality control for their bottles is poor. The cap on my Aventus fits poorly and the label is a sticker that is peeling. Poor quality control.

...but the scents are FANTASTIC.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

My two cents are that they're real. The only thing out of place is the presence of the cellophane. However, I have heard of an online retailer putting cellophane on their Creeds just to make it seem like they're more retail/new. The text discrepancy on the box is a known quality control issue with Creed. I'll see if I can find the Basenotes thread that discusses that and will post it.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Btw, there is a sticky for questions like this.
    But... but... but... it's so hard to find. Maybe the mods could move it to the top of the page where it'd be easier to find. Oh, wait...

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Any reason why you hid the name of the store until the very end of the post? Who cares about VERY FAMOUS? It'd be smarter to just post the name at the beginning, especially since the post is so long. Many may not scroll through the whole thing. Regardless, the bottles look legit to me. Creed makes fantastic scents, but their quality control for their bottles is poor. The cap on my Aventus fits poorly and the label is a sticker that is peeling. Poor quality control.

...but the scents are FANTASTIC.
    This. Couldn't agree more. Poor quality control. I too experience the sticker peel on my Aventus. Also, some of my Creed's caps are super loose, others fit perfectly. No consistency.

btw OP, here's the post I was earlier mentioning regarding the text discrepancy: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/317...ting-BRILLIANT

If you're not happy return them. Shouldn't be an issue. I have talked to the owner before. I asked her why they come with cellophane.
    She told me they do it there to keep dust away, and prevent smudges on the boxes.
    Good luck.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Smell em
    Santal should lasts at least 8 hours and should smell like MBI
    MI fluctuates from person to person.

The quality control is bad because everything is wrapped by hand and there's only about 30 workers. Can you imagine if your job was to wrap bottles all day by hand?

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    The quality control is bad because everything is wrapped by hand and there's only about 30 workers. Can you imagine if your job was to wrap bottles all day by hand?
    NO.

The quality control is bad because Creed accepts the fact that their quality control is bad. Period. No excuses. Not at Creed prices. I adore my Creed juice, but their bottles need work. The bottles are gorgeous but too often flawed. And why are they so often flawed? They're often flawed because no one at Creed has stepped up to say "Creed is better than that, and our customers deserve better than that."

No excuses.

Also, if you honestly believe they're wrapping Aventus bottles by hand with those black stickers, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Sound Scents

Beauty Encounter is a reputable retailer. Sounds like this is just another case of inconsistent quality control from Creed, nothing more.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
    Currently wearing: Tsar by Van Cleef & Arpels

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    They look fine to me also. Bottom line as suggested above, if you're not happy, return as your satisfaction is the most important.

(3871)
    Please do so, and get it at the boutique and you will sleep better with less Euros in the bank but nevertheless you will sleep better
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Basenotes Plus

There's a whole sticky thread about Creed variations - we'll merge this thread with the existing one in order to keep the info. in one place.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/371...le-genuine-etc

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    NO.

The quality control is bad because Creed accepts the fact that their quality control is bad. Period. No excuses. Not at Creed prices. I adore my Creed juice, but their bottles need work. The bottles are gorgeous but too often flawed. And why are they so often flawed? They're often flawed because no one at Creed has stepped up to say "Creed is better than that, and our customers deserve better than that."

No excuses.

Also, if you honestly believe they're wrapping Aventus bottles by hand with those black stickers, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Completely agree, on all points. Poor QC and no QA whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Nah, the Golden Unicorns that wrap them are like robots really.............

Default Re: Creed Queries - is my bottle genuine?, etc.

^ Erwin assembles and boxes all bottle himself with one hand, and counts the money with the other. He fired everyone shortly after Aventus launched.

Anyone bought MI and/or Aventus recently from Fragrancenet?

Here are bad fakes lol. Hmm, the one in the 2nd link looks all too familiar.

Post #1758 with pics of that bottle that was sent a few posts above.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...numbers/page30

Avoid!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Creed-Aventu...16.m2518.l4276

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Creed-Mi...16.m2518.l4276
    Last edited by 1280adam; 8th February 2014 at 12:49 AM.

Thanks guys, I'll stay with the creeds, I didn't know that Creed changes their layout box to difficult the counterfeits.

Basenotes Member

Default Creed Aventus real or fake

Sorry for another Aventus thread. Just got my bottle in the mail. Looked good and smelled as I imagine it would, the only thing is there is no lot number on the bottom of the bottle, only the box. Also, I bought from Lily Direct. Smells good, beginning of the fragrance smells like pineapple and a little smoky wood (kinda combines to smell like a delicious fruity diesel fuel, in a good light way..)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Conrad01; 13th February 2014 at 06:55 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Creed Aventus real or fake

We'll merge it with the existing Creed Queries thread....

Basenotes Plus

There is already a dedicated sticky for questions like this.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    There is already a dedicated sticky for questions like this.

That was fast

Basenotes Member

Sorry for another Aventus thread. Just got my bottle in the mail. Looked good and smelled as I imagine it would, the only thing is there is no lot number on the bottom of the bottle, only the box. Also, I bought from Lily Direct. Smells good, beginning of the fragrance smells like pineapple and a little smoky wood (kinda combines to smell like a delicious fruity diesel fuel, in a good light way..)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad01 View Post
    Stand the bottle up and look on the lip at the bottom. Like this...

This is a tester I had, but most lot numbers are clear are are etched into the glass.

Basenotes Member

Yes, it's there and matches!

Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast