Code of Conduct
Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 1351
  1. #241
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    4,884

    Default Re: Weird outer sleeve on Creed... yes, you guessed it... Aventus

    Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    I was scouring the net for a bottle of the Z01 batch of Aventus (mission accomplished).

    But there is a weird sleeve on the box that I've never seen before..

    Here's what it looks like:






    Has anyone ever seen these before? It appears to just be a sleeve for the box.
    Insanely fake....
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

  2. #242

    Default Re: Weird outer sleeve on Creed... yes, you guessed it... Aventus

    Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Insanely fake....
    That's exactly what I was thinking too but the other details of the box look right.

    Just that sleeve and the cellophane were red flags. I'm guessing they just made it like that for display.

    Guess I'll soon find out for sure lol.

  3. #243

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    630

    Default Re: Weird outer sleeve on Creed... yes, you guessed it... Aventus

    Have a search on here.......I'm sure I've seen that sleeve on a previous query thread.

  4. #244

    Default Re: Creed Queries - is my bottle genuine?, etc.

    Lucky scent is beyond reproach based on my experience. Based on their performance and your pictures, I'd say you got the real deal.

  5. #245
    Super Member Erok32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    443

    Default Re: Creed Queries - is my bottle genuine?, etc.


  6. #246

    Default Is my Creed Aventus genuine?

    Hi,

    Sorry for yet another Creed Aventus thread - I am a noob and havent been able to find anything about this batch anywhere.

    I got a 75ml bottle in a swap, brand new. Tried a spray and it smells good, but not exceptional as I had come to expect - I want to sell this, but need to make sure it is the real deal first.

    It has Creed written on the sprayer, the bottle looks genuine - comes with the black box, business cards etc. The thing that got me wondering is the batch code - it says S042B13T01

    Is this batch genuine?

    Thanks in advance

  7. #247
    Basenotes Institution sjg3839's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    15,928

    Default Re: Is my Creed Aventus genuine?

    Enjoy!
    Currently wearing: Memoir Man by Amouage

  8. #248
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,256
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Is my Creed Aventus genuine?

    Why would it not be?

  9. #249

    Default Re: Is my Creed Aventus genuine?

    Tony T -> I had just read a lot about fake Creeds, and since I couldn't find any matches on the batch number on google, I was worried.

    It's too bad, it really is a good scent, just doesn't work for me But thanks for confirming the originality.

  10. #250

    Default Re: Is my Creed Aventus genuine?

    Fake.

    Email Creed to tell them people are dealing in dodgy gear rather than paying full price for their fragrances.

    They might lower their prices so as to make it more readily available to the general public.

  11. #251

    Default Re: Is my Creed Aventus genuine?

    Quote Originally Posted by joe mcclaine View Post
    Fake.

    Email Creed to tell them people are dealing in dodgy gear rather than paying full price for their fragrances.

    They might lower their prices so as to make it more readily available to the general public.
    I wouldn't mind paying full price - but why should I pay full price, when I was able to trade some other bottles of fragrance, that I wasn't using for this Creed? Sorry - but your reply doesn't really make sense. I am just new in this hobby and wanted to know if my Creed was genuine.

  12. #252
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    109,571

    Default Re: Is my Creed Aventus genuine?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dkguy View Post
    Hi,

    Sorry for yet another Creed Aventus thread - I am a noob and havent been able to find anything about this batch anywhere.

    I got a 75ml bottle in a swap, brand new. Tried a spray and it smells good, but not exceptional as I had come to expect - I want to sell this, but need to make sure it is the real deal first.

    It has Creed written on the sprayer, the bottle looks genuine - comes with the black box, business cards etc. The thing that got me wondering is the batch code - it says S042B13T01

    Is this batch genuine?

    Thanks in advance
    Sorry I can't vouch for the batch as I personally don't put too much credence into those numbers. If the smell is fine to you and you got it new but aren't happy and want to sell it, I would just sell it and just see what kind of response you get from the eventual buyer.

    (2341)
    Last edited by hednic; 30th December 2013 at 05:30 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  13. #253
    Dependent magnus611's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,362

    Default Re: Is my Creed Aventus genuine?

    It doesn't pop up in check fresh, but it doesn't mean is fake, it just means that this particular batch number hasn't been shared with this site's data base is my intelligent guess but can't confirm that this is the case here for certain...
    Last edited by magnus611; 30th December 2013 at 06:54 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

  14. #254
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,380

    Default Re: Is my Creed Aventus genuine?

    Hi!
    Please note that this thread is being merged with the 'Creed Queries - is my bottle genuine?, etc., sticky thread
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/371...le-genuine-etc

  15. #255
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,380

    Default Re: Is my Creed Aventus genuine?

    Everybody please stick to the topic of 'Creed Queries'.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by lpp; 30th December 2013 at 09:35 PM.

  16. #256

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Unesco world heritage
    Posts
    562

    Default Has GIT been reformulated?

    I found an older bottle of GIT in my cubboard and I noticed that the scent is significantly different when compared to my more recent versions. The opening is less green and the hissing violet note is almost missing in the newer versions. The basenotes are more sweet and much more amber laden in the actual formulation when compared to my older bottle. It's still good but I like the older version much more. Has someone noticed that too? Is it a reformulation or is it just a batch number thing?

  17. #257

    Default Re: Has GIT been reformulated?

    Probably just a batch thing... how old is your older bottle? Maybe it changed some over time?

  18. #258

    Default Re: Has GIT been reformulated?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I found an older bottle of GIT in my cubboard and I noticed that the scent is significantly different when compared to my more recent versions. The opening is less green and the hissing violet note is almost missing in the newer versions. The basenotes are more sweet and much more amber laden in the actual formulation when compared to my older bottle. It's still good but I like the older version much more. Has someone noticed that too? Is it a reformulation or is it just a batch number thing?
    Creed uses natural ingredients, as such they change over time faster than synthetics.

  19. #259

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Unesco world heritage
    Posts
    562

    Default Re: Has GIT been reformulated?

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Probably just a batch thing... how old is your older bottle? Maybe it changed some over time?
    I don't know. Maybe 8-10 Years. The new one was bought this Year.

  20. #260

    Default Re: Has GIT been reformulated?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I don't know. Maybe 8-10 Years. The new one was bought this Year.
    That's a pretty long time... since you said you just found it, I'm assuming it was just sitting there and aging so it's hard to imagine that it didn't change at all over this time. There was a recent thread lost in the Huddler talking about Creed aging, in particular with GIT. I'm not sure if it's a real thing, but I believe they said it got deeper/stronger in as little as 6 months, which is much less time than how long yours has been aging. This combined with the batch variations are probably what account for the differences you're experiencing.

  21. #261

    Default Re: Has GIT been reformulated?

    I used to wear it in the 90's - it's quite different now, much 'cheaper' smelling, more synthetic, possibly because there was some sandalwood used back before it disappeared and who knows what else . . . the key synthetic ingredients have stayed the same, the aroma-chemicals that create the 'signature', but some depth and warmth has gone - basically it feels thinner, somehow incomplete, to me now.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 31st December 2013 at 07:25 AM.

  22. #262
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    109,571

    Default Re: Has GIT been reformulated?

    I would guess that there might have been some changes, perhaps only minute though over the years, but not sure. Could just be a batch thing.

    (2372)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  23. #263

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Unesco world heritage
    Posts
    562

    Default Re: Has GIT been reformulated?

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    That's a pretty long time... since you said you just found it, I'm assuming it was just sitting there and aging so it's hard to imagine that it didn't change at all over this time. There was a recent thread lost in the Huddler talking about Creed aging, in particular with GIT. I'm not sure if it's a real thing, but I believe they said it got deeper/stronger in as little as 6 months, which is much less time than how long yours has been aging. This combined with the batch variations are probably what account for the differences you're experiencing.
    Hmm. If the juice in the old bottle changed over time I would not expect the fleeting top notes to be more prominent. But who knows....

  24. #264
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,380

    Default Re: Has GIT been reformulated?

    Hi!
    As there is already a Creed Batch Queries thread this one is being merged in order to keep all of the info. together.
    Thanks!

  25. #265

    Default Re: Creed Queries - is my bottle genuine?, etc.

    Hey guys, could y'all check if my Aventus is real, the box looks different.
    batch no. A42B13R01

    IMAG0095.jpgIMAG0096.jpgIMAG0097.jpgIMAG0098.jpgIMAG0099.jpgIMAG0100.jpgIMAG0101.jpg
    Last edited by abishekjamez; 31st December 2013 at 04:25 PM.

  26. #266

    Default Re: Creed Queries - is my bottle genuine?, etc.

    Looks just like my box. What's different about it?

  27. #267

    Default Re: Creed Queries - is my bottle genuine?, etc.

    There is no 1860 bellow the creed in the front and it does not say Eau De Parfum below Milliseme.
    Btw batch no. A42B13R01

  28. #268

    Default Re: Creed Queries - is my bottle genuine?, etc.

    Mine says 1760 below Creed on the front, it doesn't say Eau de Parfum anywhere. I've read that Creed make small changes to their packaging all the time, so I wouldn't worry. How does it smell? Where did you purchase it?

  29. #269

    Default Re: Creed Queries - is my bottle genuine?, etc.

    I have a somewhat unrelated question. Does anyone know how much Creed was priced in the 90s? I would like to know how they increased the prices through the years.

  30. #270

    Default Re: Creed Queries - is my bottle genuine?, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flatbush Ave View Post
    I have a somewhat unrelated question. Does anyone know how much Creed was priced in the 90s? I would like to know how they increased the prices through the years.
    Around 2002 retail price for a 4oz Creed was $180. Fast forward roughly a decade, and they now retail for $315. What a joke.

Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. TDH v OV with Aventus discussions
    By Scentologist in forum A Vent? Us?
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 6th February 2015, 05:47 AM
  2. Looking for some help with a few thoughts/queries
    By maninja in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 18th August 2011, 04:51 AM
  3. Balmain queries.
    By N_Tesla in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 8th April 2010, 11:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000