Code of Conduct
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 601 to 660 of 1030
  1. #601
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,298
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Buying real juice and returning a fake is a standard scam. When it succeeds, an honest merchant can be left holding a fake product they don't recognize. Even stores with sterling reputations have to deal with this issue.

    I'll broach the question of an authentication spot again. This will need more time, but I think there is more demand now, and it may have traction.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    * * * *

  2. #602

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    Right.. Hell i'd do it just for the trouble.. to last you till your new bottle gets there. Fast forward 1 month someone's gonna post on here.. Got a 4oz git from frag net and it doesn't seem to be full. Lmao
    If I can find a small atomizer somewhere I will fill it up probably, since heaven knows how long it will take them to complete the exchange. That would be hilarious! I'm pretty sure they can only sell it as a tester though, if not that lucky someone might be a little ticked off!

  3. #603

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    If your really that concerned and it seems like you are just call the company you bought it from and explain the discrepancies you have and I'm 100% sure they will answer your questions,but like I said before establishements like Fragrancenet are reputable companies and it serves them no purpose to try to deceive there customers.GOOD LUCK,and keep enjoying those colognes.

  4. #604

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    "Sixth-generation master perfumer Olivier CREED is on the record as saying that authentic CREED fragrances stored properly — like wine, out of direct sunlight, in a place of moderate, consistent temperature — can last up to six years or more."

    source: http://blog.creedboutique.com/2012/page/5/

    In other words, they do have a finite shelf life.

    As far as the fakes from fragrancenet, there are smatterings of complaints all over the internet. Not just of creeds, but of other brands.

    One example: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthr...com-Fake-Creed!!!

    As an example. Take from it what you like.

    Just do a search for "fragrancenet fake" and look through the comments on some various consumer review sites. Some of what they say can be explained by the product being defective, some of the descriptions are OBVIOUSLY of blatantly fake products.

    Fragrancenet deals in the grey market. They are bound to have some fakes slip in at some point due to circumstances outside of their control.

    And to be clear, I'm not saying fragrancenet is a scam site or that their products are always shit. I'm saying that, though most of the time you'll probably get a legit product, there is also a pretty good chance you'll get something that's wholly unacceptable, whether it be defective or fake.
    Yea fakes can slip in under the radar anywhere.. I got a 8.4oz flacon of aventus from neiman's and decided to return it.. the sa didn't even open the box! If i wasn't an honest guy i could have decanted a couple ounces & replaced it with fresco or insurrection. And to top it off the sa said Oh don't worry it'll be sold by tomorrow. :-O

  5. #605

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    Yea fakes can slip in under the radar anywhere.. I got a 8.4oz flacon of aventus from neiman's and decided to return it.. the sa didn't even open the box! If i wasn't an honest guy i could have decanted a couple ounces & replaced it with fresco or insurrection. And to top it off the sa said Oh don't worry it'll be sold by tomorrow. :-O
    Yeah, anyone can return a fake product which is then resold accidentally. I'm just saying that from wholesalers like fragrancenet, you're a hell of a lot more likely to have a fake slip through. Their lower prices are probably worth it, but be mindful of the extra risk you're taking.

  6. #606

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Buying real juice and returning a fake is a standard scam. When it succeeds, an honest merchant can be left holding a fake product they don't recognize. Even stores with sterling reputations have to deal with this issue.

    I'll broach the question of an authentication spot again. This will need more time, but I think there is more demand now, and it may have traction.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You make a good point. Not to say I'm an unlucky person with an unlucky bottle, but I think I'd rather play this one out safe than sorry. I have nothing against fragrancenet, I am all for their business and that is why I'm happy to do business with them. I just feel as though I'll never fully understand why it is my bottle is different, so I may as well go for a bottle that pleases me completely. I plan on purchasing plenty more fragrances from them so I'm not saying anything against them -- I just think I was faced with an unlucky draw. Sure enough, I bet you my bottle is real. I wouldn't doubt it in the least. But I feel like I'd prefer to know.. Even if it costs me a couple extra bucks. And for the people who say "just buy from an authorized retailer, stop trying to save a couple bucks", you must be rich! Because I'm not saving a couple bucks going through fragrancenet, I'm saving A LOT of bucks!! And I do have faith in them as a reliable seller, this bottle of VIW is everything I could've ever asked for and more, and it feels great to know that. Unfortunately, I never got that sense from my bottle of GIT..

  7. #607

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    Yeah, anyone can return a fake product which is then resold accidentally. I'm just saying that from wholesalers like fragrancenet, you're a hell of a lot more likely to have a fake slip through. Their lower prices are probably worth it, but be mindful of the extra risk you're taking.
    True.. that's why i only buy more high end fragrances from retail places.. it might cost more but the peace of mind is worth it to me. I can hand select which bottle i want. Plus if anything i can just exchange it.. in & out instead of waiting & shipping etc..

  8. #608

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    Haha i don't blame you.. but if they do charge you a 20% restocking fee i'd deduct it from the bottle before i sent it back.. an ounce should just about cover it. :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by nKelly95 View Post
    Time to buy some atomizers!
    I think I'll try to talk them down on that 20%. If they're going to be stubborn though.. Well.. I might just pay it. Figure 30 extra bucks or so for some peace of mind won't hurt
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    Right.. Hell i'd do it just for the trouble.. to last you till your new bottle gets there. Fast forward 1 month someone's gonna post on here.. Got a 4oz git from frag net and it doesn't seem to be full. Lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by nKelly95 View Post
    If I can find a small atomizer somewhere I will fill it up probably, since heaven knows how long it will take them to complete the exchange. That would be hilarious! I'm pretty sure they can only sell it as a tester though, if not that lucky someone might be a little ticked off!
    Are you guys kidding me? This is extremely dishonest and unethical. How old are you? And to laugh at someone on here getting your returned bottle missing an ounce??? WTF is wrong with you people. brb forwarding this thread to fragrancenet.
    Last edited by mjones602; 16th April 2014 at 02:48 AM.

  9. #609

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Are you guys kidding me? This is extremely dishonest and unethical. How old are you? And to laugh at someone on here getting your returned bottle missing an ounce??? WTF is wrong with you people. brb forwarding this thread to fragrancenet.
    Because we were being soo serious! Why do you think fragrancenet charges a restocking fee? Let's think about this one... Hmmmm... Because they can't sell it new if it's used!! You can tell if something's new because it doesn't spray upon first trigger pull, i would think you should know that. So basically, it doesn't mean anything even if you only use 1 spray. They can still tell you used it, and charge you the 20%. I'm definitely going out of my way to fill a decant. I don't want to be rude but that's absurd for you to even think that. Tell fragrancenet on me, I promise they'll still cherish every penny I give to their business

  10. #610

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Are you guys kidding me? This is extremely dishonest and unethical. How old are you? And to laugh at someone on here getting your returned bottle missing an ounce??? WTF is wrong with you people. brb forwarding this thread to fragrancenet.
    Oh yea but its so ethical to sell someone a shity product then charge em to return it. And the comment about someone getting the bottle with an ounce missing was a joke. Geez

  11. #611

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Are you guys kidding me? This is extremely dishonest and unethical. How old are you? And to laugh at someone on here getting your returned bottle missing an ounce??? WTF is wrong with you people. brb forwarding this thread to fragrancenet.
    And what's forwarding this to frag net gonna do? Ok guys don't take any returns from a guy named nkelly95.. he's 1inch tall, wears a red hat & rides a little green dragon. Lol

  12. #612

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    And what's forwarding this to frag net gonna do? Ok guys don't take any returns from a guy named nkelly95.. he's 1inch tall, wears a red hat & rides a little green dragon. Lol
    I'm sure there's a lot of guys in Chicago trying to return a bottle of GIT who also just received a bottle of VIW. I wasn't actually going to forward it to frangrancenet, but I will now due to both of your continued flippant attitudes. Acting like it's your right to 'fill up a decant' on a return. smh

    also, hope nkelly95 isn't any part of his email address that placed the order ... (or part of his name from the order)
    Last edited by mjones602; 16th April 2014 at 03:58 AM.

  13. #613

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Are you guys kidding me? This is extremely dishonest and unethical. How old are you? And to laugh at someone on here getting your returned bottle missing an ounce??? WTF is wrong with you people. brb forwarding this thread to fragrancenet.
    Oh and another thing.. If someone returns a fragrance for being defective/expired and they turn around & sell it to someone else what does that say about them?

  14. #614

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    Oh and another thing.. If someone returns a fragrance for being defective/expired and they turn around & sell it to someone else what does that say about them?
    Who says that happened? The guy making the return is just a paranoid child.

  15. #615

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    And what's forwarding this to frag net gonna do? Ok guys don't take any returns from a guy named nkelly95.. he's 1inch tall, wears a red hat & rides a little green dragon. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    I'm sure there's a lot of guys in Chicago trying to return a bottle of GIT who also just received a bottle of VIW. I wasn't actually going to forward it to frangrancenet, but I will now due to both of your continued flippant attitudes. Acting like it's your right to 'fill up a decant' on a return. smh

    also, hope nkelly95 isn't any part of his email address that placed the order ... (or part of his name from the order)
    Pfft! Owned.

  16. #616

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    I'm sure there's a lot of guys in Chicago trying to return a bottle of GIT who also just received a bottle of VIW. I wasn't actually going to forward it to frangrancenet, but I will now due to both of your continued flippant attitudes. Acting like it's your right to 'fill up a decant' on a return. smh

    also, hope nkelly95 isn't any part of his email address that placed the order ... (or part of his name from the order)
    Look we obviously got off on the wrong foot.. I'm not a bad person.. I joined this site because i'm a fragrance lover. As i'm sure you are as well. I don't wanna argue. And idefinitely don't want any enemies or to get banned over something so silly. Sorry if i offended you. :-/

  17. #617

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    I'm sure there's a lot of guys in Chicago trying to return a bottle of GIT who also just received a bottle of VIW. I wasn't actually going to forward it to frangrancenet, but I will now due to both of your continued flippant attitudes. Acting like it's your right to 'fill up a decant' on a return. smh

    also, hope nkelly95 isn't any part of his email address that placed the order ... (or part of his name from the order)
    nKelly is part of my email, as well as part of my name. I will PM you when my next bottle of Creed is ordered, shipped, and arrives at my doorstep.
    Isn't it embarrassing that there's a flame fest going on in a fragrance forum? A mod should clean this up..

  18. #618

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    Look we obviously got off on the wrong foot.. I'm not a bad person.. I joined this site because i'm a fragrance lover. As i'm sure you are as well. I don't wanna argue. And idefinitely don't want any enemies or to get banned over something so silly. Sorry if i offended you. :-/
    We're cool. It's just that the fragrance community is in general much more honest than others and I'd like it to stay that way.

    Quote Originally Posted by nKelly95 View Post
    nKelly is part of my email, as well as part of my name. I will PM you when my next bottle of Creed is ordered, shipped, and arrives at my doorstep.
    Isn't it embarrassing that there's a flame fest going on in a fragrance forum? A mod should clean this up..
    The only thing embarassing is that you're basically admitting you plan on getting away with return fraud and you're proud of it/bragging about it. Sounds like you were raised with good values!

  19. #619

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    The only thing embarassing is that you're basically admitting you plan on getting away with return fraud and you're proud of it/bragging about it. Sounds like you were raised with good values!
    Dude.. Did you not read my first response? I shouldn't have to say anything else. "Fraud" is not on my agenda, and I'm pretty sure if you read what I said you'd know that.. If anything I'm helping their business. I'm about to pay them over $30 to restock my bottle of GIT that's been sprayed about 10-15 times MAX
    And when on earth did I EVER say I'm proud of committing return fraud, let alone brag about it? Come on man.. Your just upset and be illogical
    Last edited by nKelly95; 16th April 2014 at 04:37 AM.

  20. #620

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by nKelly95 View Post
    If anything I'm helping their business. I'm about to pay them over $30 to restock my bottle of GIT that's been sprayed about 10-15 times MAX
    And how much are they refunding you? I'm confused how forcing them to eat the cost of a bottle of GIT (minus $30) is "helping their business". Care to explain how that works?

  21. #621

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    I'm not going to read through all the previous posts here in detail but

    a) would you guys cool it off a bit and

    b) if anyone's planning some shady moves regarding returning product, take that discussion elsewhere. If there's been a problem with fragrancenet, get in touch with them directly. Let us know how it works out, but be cognizant of the information you're making public here.

  22. #622
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,298
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    C'mon, guys - just laugh it off!

    It's OK to joke around - no problems. And don't worry about Fragrancenet - I've been buying from them for YEARS - and tons of fragrance. I really love that I can get AUTHENTIC old stuff from them, too. Stuff that's basically turning vintage.

    And I really don't think people should be so worried about old stock (typically better formulations) or recycled returns.

    Seriously - I just purchased a bottle of a nice designer scent at a fairly fancy store (no names), and I am totally able to tell that it was a return that got recycled into a counter special deal set. Do I care that the bottle is missing a few sprays, and the box is a bit dinged? NO. It's absolutely authentic juice, and smells great. In fact, I saved about 10 or 20 bucks on the full-sized aftershave lotion that came with it as part of the deal, and I got a mini and a bunch of samples to boot. Not a scratch on the bottle - probably some lady bought it for her husband and he hated it. His loss, my gain.

    New fragrance aficionados are frequently worried that they got bogus juice - it takes time before your nose can spot a fake. And that's still the best way - put a bit in an atomizer, take it to the store, and spray side-by-side with the real thing. End of story - if you can't tell the difference, keep it.
    * * * *

  23. #623

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    And how much are they refunding you? I'm confused how forcing them to eat the cost of a bottle of GIT (minus $30) is "helping their business". Care to explain how that works?
    Because I'm not seeking a refund, I'm seeking an exchange. They will be able to sell the bottle as a tester + have the restocking fee difference that I pay, in the end adding up to over a full bottle of GIT. So sure they may only make a few extra bucks, but I'm surely not hurting them. I'm not asking for any of my money back -- just an exchange

  24. #624

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    I'm not going to read through all the previous posts here in detail but

    a) would you guys cool it off a bit and

    b) if anyone's planning some shady moves regarding returning product, take that discussion elsewhere. If there's been a problem with fragrancenet, get in touch with them directly. Let us know how it works out, but be cognizant of the information you're making public here.
    If you read through it I think it's pretty clear there are no "shady moves" in my agenda. I'm simply seeking an exchange. I have nothing against fragrancenet, and I'm sure they'll be willing to complete this exchange after charging me the restocking fee. I'll let you guys know how it works out, but no, there's nothing fraudulent with what I'm doing. Like I said I'm about to pay $30-40 for my current bottle when truly all I have used is 10-15 sprays. Nothing fraudulent about that

  25. #625

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    C'mon, guys - just laugh it off!

    It's OK to joke around - no problems. And don't worry about Fragrancenet - I've been buying from them for YEARS - and tons of fragrance. I really love that I can get AUTHENTIC old stuff from them, too. Stuff that's basically turning vintage.

    And I really don't think people should be so worried about old stock (typically better formulations) or recycled returns.

    Seriously - I just purchased a bottle of a nice designer scent at a fairly fancy store (no names), and I am totally able to tell that it was a return that got recycled into a counter special deal set. Do I care that the bottle is missing a few sprays, and the box is a bit dinged? NO. It's absolutely authentic juice, and smells great. In fact, I saved about 10 or 20 bucks on the full-sized aftershave lotion that came with it as part of the deal, and I got a mini and a bunch of samples to boot. Not a scratch on the bottle - probably some lady bought it for her husband and he hated it. His loss, my gain.

    New fragrance aficionados are frequently worried that they got bogus juice - it takes time before your nose can spot a fake. And that's still the best way - put a bit in an atomizer, take it to the store, and spray side-by-side with the real thing. End of story - if you can't tell the difference, keep it.
    I would be more than willing to test it side my side, however I don't even know where to buy decant atomizers. Therefor I'm out of luck. I'm going to call customer service now and try to work something out with them. Once more I will reiterate the fact that I too trust fragrancenet, i just don't see why my bottle differs from the norm. There are sites such as badgerandblade that share information of fake creeds -- and many aspects of their articles highlight aspects of my bottle. I'm not saying the bottle I have is fake, I truly will never know. That's just the way it'll be until someone is able to 100% confirm authenticity, or I exchange it for one that makes me feel more comfortable and at peace

  26. #626

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by nKelly95 View Post
    I would be more than willing to test it side my side, however I don't even know where to buy decant atomizers. Therefor I'm out of luck. I'm going to call customer service now and try to work something out with them. Once more I will reiterate the fact that I too trust fragrancenet, i just don't see why my bottle differs from the norm. There are sites such as badgerandblade that share information of fake creeds -- and many aspects of their articles highlight aspects of my bottle. I'm not saying the bottle I have is fake, I truly will never know. That's just the way it'll be until someone is able to 100% confirm authenticity, or I exchange it for one that makes me feel more comfortable and at peace
    Misspellings on the box, obvious signs of a fake. Doesn't matter if a legit bottle somehow made it into a fake box. It's unacceptable. Just have them exchange it for you, and do not accept any restocking fees.

  27. #627

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Is Royal Water in not much demand at all or something in regards to buying from online discounters? That one person maybe got a 2002/2007 batch, and I just got one in <20 minutes ago from LilyDirect. A3610L01. 2010?

    I'm planning to keep it so far, .

    (Formerly Jouho)

  28. #628

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Is Royal Water in not much demand at all or something in regards to buying from online discounters? That one person maybe got a 2002/2007 batch, and I just got one in <20 minutes ago from LilyDirect. A3610L01. 2010?

    I'm planning to keep it so far, .

    That is a 2010 bottle, however if it smells spot on and longevity is up to par all is good for you sir!
    I wouldn't worry about a bottle just a couple years old. I'm not a firm believer that something can spoil that quickly, unless stored horribly!

    Just an update on my issue: Fragrancenet is awesome! When I addressed my issue the woman immediately said if there's anything wrong with the bottle of perfume you receive, the 20% restocking fee does not even apply. She took note of what I am looking for on the bottle (logo on atomizer, box that fits the norm) and she said if they don't have anything that completely matches my description that I will receive a full refund. Talk about good business! I'm sure they will have a bottle that fits my needs, as I think I was just unlucky with my first purchase. She said that they purchase their fragrances from several different retailers, so that is most likely why it seemed to be off. They sent me a new return label and will be sending me my next bottle with no charge or fee. I'm still astonished with that service. I would've been willing to pay a restocking fee to be totally honest, since I knew I was worried before even opening the box or using a spray. However the fact that they're willing to work with their customers to make sure they're 100% satisfied is awesome, even if that means taking blame for something that was shipped and possibly not authentic. Couldn't appreciate it any more, I might just treat myself to a bottle of OV to cap off this amazing experience of doing business with them. I surely wouldn't mind putting some money towards a great company like that, especially if I'm guaranteed 100% satisfaction every time. Plus I can't complain about getting a wonderful fragrance at a stellar discounted price!

  29. #629

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by nKelly95 View Post
    Because I'm not seeking a refund, I'm seeking an exchange. They will be able to sell the bottle as a tester + have the restocking fee difference that I pay, in the end adding up to over a full bottle of GIT. So sure they may only make a few extra bucks, but I'm surely not hurting them. I'm not asking for any of my money back -- just an exchange
    Wow you really are naive... you clearly don't know how testers work. Did you think testers came directly off the shelves/counters of department stores after they have been used??? They cannot re-sell your bottle as a tester. TESTERS ARE BRAND NEW AND UNSPRAYED.

  30. #630

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    Misspellings on the box, obvious signs of a fake. Doesn't matter if a legit bottle somehow made it into a fake box. It's unacceptable. Just have them exchange it for you, and do not accept any restocking fees.
    This isn't always true. Spelling is the EASIEST thing for a counterfeiter to get correct. Creed is notorious for changing their packaging to throw off the counterfeiters. Example - I'm looking at 2 of my Creeds, 1 GIT (2012) and 1 Aventus (2013), both bought from NM with completely different back of the boxes. I know with 100% certainty that they are both real. There are multiple different words spelled differently, i.e. absolus (absolues), selectionnes (selectionnees), tries (triees), choisis (choisies), naturels (naturelles) etc etc etc. I'm sure if people checked the back of a 2012 box vs a newer 2013 batch, they will see the same exact thing.

  31. #631

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    This isn't always true. Spelling is the EASIEST thing for a counterfeiter to get correct. Creed is notorious for changing their packaging to throw off the counterfeiters. Example - I'm looking at 2 of my Creeds, 1 GIT (2012) and 1 Aventus (2013), both bought from NM with completely different back of the boxes. I know with 100% certainty that they are both real. There are multiple different words spelled differently, i.e. absolus (absolues), selectionnes (selectionnees), tries (triees), choisis (choisies), naturels (naturelles) etc etc etc. I'm sure if people checked the back of a 2012 box vs a newer 2013 batch, they will see the same exact thing.
    EDIT: This entire underlined paragraph is wrong, wrong, wrong.

    You may, by luck, get a legit product in a fake box (not even sure how this would happen), but there is no way that Creed periodically and repeatedly has misprints on boxes whose words haven't changed for years. I can understand that there could be a batch of boxes printed incorrectly a while back, but the likelihood that they are somehow still in circulation to any appreciable extent is a stretch to me.

    EDIT: This entire underlined paragraph is wrong, wrong, wrong.

    If I ever receive a box with a misprint, it will be sent back immediately.
    Last edited by tensor9; 16th April 2014 at 10:38 PM.

  32. #632

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    You may, by luck, get a legit product in a fake box (not even sure how this would happen), but there is no way that Creed periodically and repeatedly has misprints on boxes whose words haven't changed for years. I can understand that there could be a batch of boxes printed incorrectly a while back, but the likelihood that they are somehow still in circulation to any appreciable extent is a stretch to me.

    If I ever receive a box with a misprint, it will be sent back immediately.
    I promise you every single batch of Aventus starting with 2013 R01 has the 'new' spellings on the back. They completely changed the box from front to back. They even use different words on the back. And I'm not familiar with French, but I'm not even sure if they are 'mis' spellings, or just alternate spellings.

  33. #633

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    I promise you every single batch of Aventus starting with 2013 R01 has the 'new' spellings on the back. They completely changed the box from front to back. They even use different words on the back. And I'm not familiar with French, but I'm not even sure if they are 'mis' spellings, or just alternate spellings.
    My 2013 U02 box (I'm assuming this is after R01) has every word spelled correctly (absolus, etc).

  34. #634

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    My 2013 U02 box (I'm assuming this is after R01) has every word spelled correctly (absolus, etc).
    Hm maybe I'm wrong about that, but check your email... just sent you some pics. A lot of people had noticed the R01 box had different spellings among many differences front/back, yet this is widely known as the best 2013 batch you can get. And I know for certain that every R01 box looks the same, as I've talked with multiple owners of R01 about it due to some initial concern.

  35. #635

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Ok, with the box changes, I suppose they can change the spellings. Guess they're not "wrong". Well, throw spelling out out as a flag.

    Thanks!

    EDIT: I called the Creed store on Madison Ave. and confirmed that the boxes they have in stock do indeed have the different spellings (absolues, etc.). It's also worth noting that the SA didn't realize that the spellings had changed.
    Last edited by tensor9; 16th April 2014 at 10:27 PM.

  36. #636

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    My 2013 U02 box (I'm assuming this is after R01) has every word spelled correctly (absolus, etc).
    My aventus is 2013 U02 also.. did yours happen to not come with the little pamphlet in dutch,english,etc..?

  37. #637

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    My aventus is 2013 U02 also.. did yours happen to not come with the little pamphlet in dutch,english,etc..?
    No pamphlet either, but I got it from a basenoter who had used it for several decants. Was assuming he had just lost it.
    Last edited by tensor9; 16th April 2014 at 10:40 PM.

  38. #638

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    No pamphlet either, but I got it from a basenoter who had used it for several decants. Was assuming he had just lost it.
    No dude i got mine from neiman marcus and it didn't have one.. First i got a 4oz aventus.. no pamphlet(U02). Returned that bottle for a 8oz flacon.. Returned that & got the 4oz back.. (Long story lol) Same batch/year.. different bottle cuz the sticker on the old bottle had a couple bubbles in it. No papmphlet either! I was gonna take it back cuz i thought it was a return and went through about 4 bottles and none had the pamphlet.

  39. #639

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    No dude i got mine from neiman marcus and it didn't have one.. First i got a 4oz aventus.. no pamphlet(U02). Returned that bottle for a 8oz flacon.. Returned that & got the 4oz back.. (Long story lol) Same batch/year.. different bottle cuz the sticker on the old bottle had a couple bubbles in it. No papmphlet either! I was gonna take it back cuz i thought it was a return and went through about 4 bottles and none had the pamphlet.
    Ok, so now we know these things:

    -Spelling irregularity is not necessarily a good indicator of authenticity.
    -Lack of the mutli-language info pamphlet not necessarily a good indicator of authenticity.
    -Sprayer height not a good indicator of authenticity.
    -"Creed" printed on the sprayer not a good indicator of authenticity.

    LOL
    Last edited by tensor9; 16th April 2014 at 11:04 PM.

  40. #640

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    Ok, so now we know these things:

    -Spelling irregularity is not necessarily a good indicator of authenticity.
    -Lack of the mutli-language info pamphlet not necessarily a good indicator of authenticity.
    -Sprayer height not a good indicator of authenticity.
    -"Creed" printed on the sprayer not a good indicator of authenticity.

    LOL
    My brain hurts lol

  41. #641

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Wow you really are naive... you clearly don't know how testers work. Did you think testers came directly off the shelves/counters of department stores after they have been used??? They cannot re-sell your bottle as a tester. TESTERS ARE BRAND NEW AND UNSPRAYED.
    You're telling me that bottle of GIT I just sent back will never end up in the hands of anyone who purchases it off fragrancenet?? I never said I think testers come right off the shelves of department stores, your putting words in my mouth. I'm not stupid. And that makes no sense, at all. I don't believe for a second that they will not resell that bottle, not for a single second. Returned products like the one I sent back are without a doubt in my mind sold as testers. Otherwise why would they even accept returns? What happens to the bottle? Just get thrown away or given to an employee after only charging a 20% restocking fee (or nothing in my case)? Absolutely not. Why do you think it's called a restocking fee? Because they restock it!!

  42. #642

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    And for the sake of the conversation -- I don't know if you'd even consider my box to be "spelled differently"
    It's a totally different format all in all.
    image.jpg
    Unless Creed really has changed the format of their boxes, mine (GIT box on the right) is definitely wrong.

  43. #643

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by nKelly95 View Post
    And for the sake of the conversation -- I don't know if you'd even consider my box to be "spelled differently"
    It's a totally different format all in all.
    image.jpg
    Unless Creed really has changed the format of their boxes, mine (GIT box on the right) is definitely wrong.
    Some of the same words are spelled differently (absolus vs. absolues). They have indeed changed the format and spelling. Confirmed with pics and with the Creed Boutique. As to whether the one on the right is a legit one, I do not know. (EDIT: looking again, it is the new format).
    Last edited by tensor9; 16th April 2014 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Edited for content..

  44. #644

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    Ok, so now we know these things:

    -Spelling irregularity is not necessarily a good indicator of authenticity.
    -Lack of the mutli-language info pamphlet not necessarily a good indicator of authenticity.
    -Sprayer height not a good indicator of authenticity.
    -"Creed" printed on the sprayer not a good indicator of authenticity.

    LOL
    How did you come to the conclusion about the sprayers? Is this something you asked the SA? I was more worried about the sprayer than the box itself in terms of the questioning of authenticity

  45. #645

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by nKelly95 View Post
    You're telling me that bottle of GIT I just sent back will never end up in the hands of anyone who purchases it off fragrancenet??
    Yes, that's what I'm telling you. I don't know exactly what they do with it, but they don't re-sell them as BRAND NEW TESTERS. They may sell it further down the line at a big discount to another company who will then sell them on eBay, but they definitely don't re-sell them to their customers as new. Do you REALLY still not understand the concept of testers? They are the SAME EXACT THING as a brand new in box bottle, just without a cap and manufacturer's box. Brand. New. Unsprayed.

    Quote Originally Posted by nKelly95 View Post
    And for the sake of the conversation -- I don't know if you'd even consider my box to be "spelled differently"
    It's a totally different format all in all.
    image.jpg
    Unless Creed really has changed the format of their boxes, mine (GIT box on the right) is definitely wrong.
    Yes, they've completely changed the format of their boxes. Your GIT box on the right is definitely NOT wrong and is definitely the NEW format. It's the same exact formatting as my Aventus R01, which is when I believe this new formatting started. As you see above, tensor09 called a Creed Boutique and confirmed. Yes, the random changes are annoying, and I don't know why Creed does it, but unfortunately that's just how it is.
    Last edited by mjones602; 16th April 2014 at 11:21 PM.

  46. #646

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    Ok, so now we know these things:

    -Spelling irregularity is not necessarily a good indicator of authenticity.
    -Lack of the mutli-language info pamphlet not necessarily a good indicator of authenticity.
    -Sprayer height not a good indicator of authenticity.
    -"Creed" printed on the sprayer not a good indicator of authenticity.

    LOL
    I'm kind of new to collecting so the aventus is my first creed.. is the U02 batch suppose to be pretty good? Theres not much about it in the batch thread since its kinda new

  47. #647

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    Some of the same words are spelled differently (absolus vs. absolues). They have indeed changed the format and spelling. Confirmed with pics and with the Creed Boutique. As to whether the one on the right is a legit one, I do not know. It looks different than some of the other new boxes, but... who knows?
    The "this product can be sold at authorised creed retailers" and the rest of that bottom box is what threw me off a lot, as this differs significantly to the other boxes. Is this something that they've changed? If so, and if the sprayer issues really aren't an issue, my bottle very well may have been real

  48. #648

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    I'm kind of new to collecting so the aventus is my first creed.. is the U02 batch suppose to be pretty good? Theres not much about it in the batch thread since its kinda new
    U02 is ok. It's light on the smoke and thus is not quite as well balanced as the sample that I have, but it's not bad.

  49. #649

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by nKelly95 View Post
    And for the sake of the conversation -- I don't know if you'd even consider my box to be "spelled differently"
    It's a totally different format all in all.
    image.jpg
    Unless Creed really has changed the format of their boxes, mine (GIT box on the right) is definitely wrong.
    Have you... gone to a store and compared to other Creeds (maybe (whenever in) 2013+ batches) and looked at the format?...

    Back of my 2013 Aventus

    And there's also been pics and talk about the shorter type sprayer stuff.

    Satisfied enough?
    (Formerly Jouho)

  50. #650

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by nKelly95 View Post
    The "this product can be sold at authorised creed retailers" and the rest of that bottom box is what threw me off a lot, as this differs significantly to the other boxes. Is this something that they've changed? If so, and if the sprayer issues really aren't an issue, my bottle very well may have been real
    smokin3000gt (on page 8 of this thread, depending on your forum settings) said he thought a short-sprayer bottle was fake, so he ordered a bottle from the Boutique, and the bottle he received was exactly the same. There have been other reports of short sprayers too.

    So, yours does conform to the new format with the new spellings and the new sprayers.

  51. #651

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Yes, they've completely changed the format of their boxes. Your GIT box on the right is definitely NOT wrong and is definitely the NEW format. It's the same exact formatting as my Aventus R01, which is when I believe this new formatting started. As you see above, tensor09 called a Creed Boutique and confirmed. Yes, the random changes are annoying, and I don't know why Creed does it, but unfortunately that's just how it is.
    Wish this information was disclosed yesterday.. Already dropped off my box the the USPS. You should've said you have the same back of your box as mind does! When I feel like I'm the only one with this issue, whether it be the box or the atomizer, yeah I'm going to worry it's fake. Had I known this change in the box and atomizer was common, I wouldn't have thought much of it

  52. #652

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by nKelly95 View Post
    Wish this information was disclosed yesterday.. Already dropped off my box the the USPS. You should've said you have the same back of your box as mind does! When I feel like I'm the only one with this issue, whether it be the box or the atomizer, yeah I'm going to worry it's fake. Had I known this change in the box and atomizer was common, I wouldn't have thought much of it
    These box and sprayer changes are fairly new, so it's not common knowledge yet.

  53. #653

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Have you... gone to a store and compared to other Creeds (maybe (whenever in) 2013+ batches) and looked at the format?...

    Back of my 2013 Aventus

    And there's also been pics and talk about the shorter type sprayer stuff.

    Satisfied enough?
    This is all stuff that would have put me at ease yesterday. Now I'm GIT-less for quite some time. I did not know this box change was something that's legit

  54. #654

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    You see, this is why we should have a running authenticity forum.

    That way, when there's a change, the new information can be added. That way we know what boxes are supposed to look like at what times.

  55. #655

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    U02 is ok. It's light on the smoke and thus is not quite as well balanced as the sample that I have, but it's not bad.
    Oh ok.. reason i asked is cuz i haven't really worn it. They gave me a ton of samples so i been using those to try & save my bottle lol.. So i haven't really tested it for longevity/sillage etc..

  56. #656

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    You see, this is why we should have a running authenticity forum.

    That way, when there's a change, the new information can be added. That way we know what boxes are supposed to look like at what times.
    Well my issue was never an issue. Turns out I was wrong for being concerned all along. I almost think I should call fragrancenet and tell them just to send my bottle back once they get it. The lady took note on the stuff I was concerned about and said if they don't have a bottle fitting the description that they'll refund me. Well quite frankly I don't want a refund, I want some GIT! And now I run the risk of receiving an older bottle or no bottle at that. Darn me for being such a worry wart..

  57. #657

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by nKelly95 View Post
    They will be able to sell the bottle as a tester
    No, they won't. When was the last time you saw "used testers" for sale on fragrancenet?

  58. #658

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by nKelly95 View Post
    Well my issue was never an issue. Turns out I was wrong for being concerned all along. I almost think I should call fragrancenet and tell them just to send my bottle back once they get it. The lady took note on the stuff I was concerned about and said if they don't have a bottle fitting the description that they'll refund me. Well quite frankly I don't want a refund, I want some GIT! And now I run the risk of receiving an older bottle or no bottle at that. Darn me for being such a worry wart..
    As you noted above, they have great customer service, so I'm sure you'll be fine either way. And just for the record, I never had a problem with you returning your bottle, even if it was just out of paranoia... my only problem was with the part about filling up an atomizer before sending it back.

  59. #659

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    No, they won't. When was the last time you saw "used testers" for sale on fragrancenet?
    FWIW, there's been at least one package with Creed tester(s) that got here and I seemed to notice (partial) fingerprint(s) with at least one bottle, as well as seemingly having had been primed already.. soo..

    But perhaps they -mostly- don't sell used/'used' (already sprayed) frags? .
    (Formerly Jouho)

  60. #660

    Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    As you noted above, they have great customer service, so I'm sure you'll be fine either way. And just for the record, I never had a problem with you returning your bottle, even if it was just out of paranoia... my only problem was with the part about filling up an atomizer before sending it back.
    I know, and I was only kidding but I could see how that might rub you in the wrong way. Believe me, I'm not the kind of person that would do that to benefit myself and harm another.
    And to be fair to you and others who have posted, I shouldn't have been so stuck up and convinced that my bottle wasn't the real deal. Now, that it is off my hands, I know it was the real deal, and I want it back..

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for some help with a few thoughts/queries
    By maninja in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 18th August 2011, 04:51 AM
  2. TDH v OV with Aventus discussions
    By Scentologist in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 23rd November 2010, 02:02 AM
  3. Balmain queries.
    By N_Tesla in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 8th April 2010, 11:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •