Code of Conduct
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

HAha also forgot to mention i love that little minion reference. That was my first thought as well. Maybe somebody messed up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyBoy View Post
    HAha also forgot to mention i love that little minion reference. That was my first thought as well. Maybe somebody messed up a bit.

Thanks

Another question for everyone. The creed card i got with aventus is double sided like it was a card folded in half. My original santal card just had a small flap folded with james and olivier's name on it. This is my second creed fragrance so i am not sure if each one has a different card design or if these are the new cards. Always checking to be sure that everything is fine and no sine of any kind of counterfeit material. My original santal card has de pere en fils depuis 1760 written i nthe middle of james and olivier in larger legible print as the aventus card has the same writing but in much smaller and scripted writing.

Another question for everyone. The creed card i got with aventus is double sided like it was a card folded in half. My original santal card just had a small flap folded with james and olivier's name on it. This is my second creed fragrance so i am not sure if each one has a different card design or if these are the new cards. Always checking to be sure that everything is fine and no sine of any kind of counterfeit material. My original santal card has de pere en fils depuis 1760 written i nthe middle of james and olivier in larger legible print as the aventus card has the same writing but in much smaller and scripted writing.
    unbelievable... i don't even...

What's not to believe? Do you believe in life after love? I can smell somethinnggg in the airrr right noww! I reallly dooo think its creed's aventuss OHHHHHH!

My god man! All this and you haven't even sprayed the fragrance yet, correct? I see where this is heading...

When you receive a bottle of Creed, you must resist smelling it before you have scrubbed your hands and forearms for five full minutes and donned your loupes so you can fully inspect every minute detail of the packaging. Be sure to wear a hairnet when you disassemble the bottle for proper inspection.

Really, you all are turning me off, big-time.

Basenotes Plus

I have... no words.

One day, when I recover from reading this thread, I'm going to write a book: "Profile of teenage American pimple-faced boy working part time at Bread Sticks buying his first Aventus." It will include anecdotal references copied straight from threads like this one, to support my theories. It *will* be a best seller.

This thread was in JSO at one point...

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    ^^^ of all the silly reasons to want to send it back, that's a new one! air bubbles under the sticker! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

(surely, you're joking, right?... right?)
    This has to be one of the most absurd things ive read online.. At least its posted in the right forum..

smh...

Ok now its obvious you are trolling..

Default Re: is it better to buy the 2.5 or 4.0 creed virgin island water from fragrancenet? freshness is my

Stay gold ponyboy.

No offense intended.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 16th May 2014 at 04:12 AM.

^ LOL good one! Just like tobacco products.

"Statistics show, in the wrong hands Creed's Aventus can be more harmful than cigarettes."

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    I have... no words.

One day, when I recover from reading this thread, I'm going to write a book: "Profile of teenage American pimple-faced boy working part time at Bread Sticks buying his first Aventus." It will include anecdotal references copied straight from threads like this one, to support my theories. It *will* be a best seller.
    lmao

Come on now,your not serious are you,and its kinda sad your so OBSESSED with your colognes,that you nick pick with issues that are really meaningless,there comes a time in which we should all GROW UP and don't be so OBSESSIVE over something like cologne,it seems like your having a very hard time understanding what EVERYONE is telling you,hopefully soon you'll get it together.

Quote Originally Posted by LivelyupURself View Post
    When you receive a bottle of Creed, you must resist smelling it before you have scrubbed your hands and forearms for five full minutes and donned your loupes so you can fully inspect every minute detail of the packaging. Be sure to wear a hairnet when you disassemble the bottle for proper inspe

Really, you all are turning me off, big-time.
    Lmao,smh

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    My god man! All this and you haven't even sprayed the fragrance yet, correct? I see where this is heading...
    Really really sad,smh...

Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    Ok now its obvious you are trolling..
    He did have everyone going for a while though.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Wow i have stirred up some anger here. No i was not trolling. Most of you should know (generally speaking) there are several red flags to indicate a creed frag could be fake so im just addressing every little thing i suspect. A little offended also. I have sprayed it, not as strong as i thought it was going to be but still need to do testing. Kinda smokey up top, dies down quickly some fruit comes in. Not detecting very strong pinneapple but its there. It seems balanced out.

Wow i have stirred up some anger here. No i was not trolling. Most of you should know (generally speaking) there are several red flags to indicate a creed frag could be fake so im just addressing every little thing i suspect. A little offended also. I have sprayed it, not as strong as i thought it was going to be but still need to do testing. Kinda smokey up top, dies down quickly some fruit comes in. Not detecting very strong pinneapple but its there. It seems balanced out.
    If everyone is responding in a certain manner, that should probably be a red flag that its not us, its you. If you had legitimate concerns, you would've received legitimate answers. Yes, most of us know indicators of a fake. No, nothing you've brought up is even remotely a cause for concern. Spend your time doing some reading thru this thread instead of microanalyzing your bottle and you wouldn't need to make so many asinine posts.
    Last edited by mjones602; 16th May 2014 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    If everyone is responding in a certain manner, that should probably be a red flag that its not us, its you. If you had legitimate concerns, you would've received legitimate answers. Yes, most of us know indicators of a fake. No, nothing you've brought up is even remotely a cause for concern. Spend your time doing some reading thru this thread instead of microanalyzing your bottle and you wouldn't need to make so many asinine posts.
    You know what I'm starting to think this person is just doing this on purpose just to see how much he can actually get away with before BASENOTES steps in and does something about it.

lol alright buddy, take it easy there xD.

You know what I'm starting to think this person is just doing this on purpose just to see how much he can actually get away with before BASENOTES steps in and does something about it.
    Last edited by PonyBoy; 16th May 2014 at 04:42 AM.

Question Help with my Virgin Island Water lot number

Hey guys just wondering if someone could help me with my lot number. Just received my 120ml bottle of viw from fragrancenet. I'm not questioning the authenticity at all, I know it's legit and smells great, (I've purchased a ton of creeds from them) I was just wondering if someone could shed some light on my lot number. I know some of them have numbers in them that represent the year they were made. My lot is
    A6210M01
    That 10 in there couldn't possibly mean its a 2010 batch could it? I would just hope my juice isn't already 4 years old. Could anyone shed some light?
    Thanks!

Default Re: Help with my Virgin Island Water lot number

Hey mods I meant to post this in the male fragrance discussion, could you move it over for me?

Sent from my iPhone using the power of AWESOME

o.k.

Thanks ipp!

Sent from my iPhone using the power of AWESOME

You're welcome, JJMan

Quote Originally Posted by JJMAN View Post
    Hey guys just wondering if someone could help me with my lot number. Just received my 120ml bottle of viw from fragrancenet. I'm not questioning the authenticity at all, I know it's legit and smells great, (I've purchased a ton of creeds from them) I was just wondering if someone could shed some light on my lot number. I know some of them have numbers in them that represent the year they were made. My lot is
    A6210M01
    That 10 in there couldn't possibly mean its a 2010 batch could it? I would just hope my juice isn't already 4 years old. Could anyone shed some light?
    Thanks!
    Yeah, that means it's 2010, but it's still perfectly fine (you yourself said it smells great). I don't believe the aging really starts until the first spray from the bottle anyway. And remember, people pay a HUGE premium for 2011 Aventus (X02 and Z01), regardless of whether or not it is new or aged. Enjoy!

Default Creed samples: True to bottles?

I am going to pick up a few samples of creed to see how I like them. I was just wondering how samples like this are:

How much is needed to apply to get a proper whiff of these fragrances?

Samples I'm getting

-Adventus
    - Millesime imperial
    - Virgin island water
    - Himalaya

Default Re: Creed samples: True to bottles?

Hi!

There's an existing Creed Queries thread, so we'll merge this.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceAboveSky View Post
    I am going to pick up a few samples of creed to see how I like them. I was just wondering how samples like this are:

Samples I'm getting

-Adventus
    - Millesime imperial
    - Virgin island water
    - Himalaya
    Ehh.. I got MI and GIT carded samples, I can't really say that they're much like the scent when it's actually sprayed out of a bottle. I don't care for dab on samples to begin with so I didn't think much of them. I would try to go in to a Neiman Marcus or another upscale department store so you can actually spray the fragrance and get a true feel for what it's like

Samples I'm getting

-Adventus
    - Millesime imperial
    - Virgin island water
    - Himalaya
    My advice if there official Creed samples is to put them in plastic spray applicators. Id generally use about a third or half of the sample per wearing, depending on which fragrance it is. With the stronger fragrances like Original Santal half a sample may be to much, i found it to be last time i wore it, but with the last 3 on your list half a sample shouldnt be to much of a problem, but try 1/3rd first.

Samples I'm getting

-Adventus
    - Millesime imperial
    - Virgin island water
    - Himalaya
    Half should do fine.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Git comes in edt?? I was on fragrancenet & noticed they have git listed as edt (4oz).. and another listed as edp (4oz). And another thing that's confusing is the edt is cheaper? Could the cheaper one actually be a tester & its a mistake or does git come in edt?

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Lmmfao,yeah he's at it AGAIN,smmfh....
    Last edited by SCENTMASTER "OG"; 19th May 2014 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    This has to be one of the most absurd things ive read online.. At least its posted in the right forum..

smh...
    Lmmfao,UNBELIEVABLE,smmfh...

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    Git comes in edt?? I was on fragrancenet & noticed they have git listed as edt (4oz).. and another listed as edp (4oz). And another thing that's confusing is the edt is cheaper? Could the cheaper one actually be a tester & its a mistake or does git come in edt?
    I thought they were all EDP,but I could be mistaken,or maybe it was a misprint.

Samples I'm getting

-Adventus
    - Millesime imperial
    - Virgin island water
    - Himalaya
    Start with HALF and see what happens,half should be equivalent to two or three sprays...

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    Haha! I can't imagine some of the creeds being edt. I love the 7 or so creed frags i have tried and tested on my skin, all of which are edp concentration and they just dont seem to have lasting power, projection, and longevity. Aventus gets the pass but still not a beast atleast on my skin so far. Man, can you imagine virgin island water being edt? I dont know if it would be possible to smell it from the initial spray ahhaha.

Haha! I can't imagine some of the creeds being edt. I love the 7 or so creed frags i have tried and tested on my skin, all of which are edp concentration and they just dont seem to have lasting power, projection, and longevity. Aventus gets the pass but still not a beast atleast on my skin so far. Man, can you imagine virgin island water being edt? I dont know if it would be possible to smell it from the initial spray ahhaha.
    Lol right.. some probably are edt & they market them as edp to try & justify the price tag. But Aventus, original santal & Git are the only creeds i would own.. i don't care how good a frag smells.. if it has poor performance i don't even consider owning it.
    Last edited by Mitchapalooza; 19th May 2014 at 07:26 PM.

I just got the EDC version of GIT. Is this real?????!!!!!

j/k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question Creed Royal OBatch NumberQuestion

Hello I have a bottle of Creeds Royal Oud 2.5fl but the batch number isn't etched in around the bottom rim. I know it legit and it has the Arabic little sticker across the bottom. The last bottle I owned had the the same details. I was just wondering why some are etched on the creeds and some are not? I also owed a couple of 2.5fl creeds like hymalia. I bought a creed off a guy and it didn't have the batch # etched and I went irate on him until he showed me the receipt from the creed store inwhich I had to apologize to him. Just curious if anyone can shed some light on this thanks community.....

Default Re: Creed Royal OBatch NumberQuestion

Hi!
    Just moving to the Creed Queries thread.
    Thanks.

Looks good. Enjoy.

Default Second 4oz silver mountain water from fragrancenet

So I picked up a second order of silver mountain water (it's been a year), and I noticed the French spelling on the back of the box is different and also the ingredients have changed.

The ingredient list on the first one states:
    Alcohol, water, fragrance, buttylphenyl methylpropional, limonene, linalool.

The new one has all of the above plus: coumarin, alpha-isomethyl ionone, farnesol

the french text (attached below) on the original states:

Ces essences et absolus de fleurs, de bois, d'épices et d'hespéridés sélectionnés, triés et choisis chaque année par notre créateur parfumeur Olivier Creed sont naturels ainsi que nos infusions d'ambre gris, de vanille, et d'autres fragrances. Cette composition est un assemblage d'essences prestigieuses et rares. La méthode de macération et de filtration artisanale témoigne d'une maison qui a su allier tradition et qualité depuis plus de 2 siècles.

whereas the second one states:

Ces essences et absolus de fleurs, de bois, d'épices et d'hesperides sélectionnées, triées et choisis chaque année par notre créateur parfumeur Olivier Creed sont naturelles ainsi que nos infusions d'iris et de vanille. Cette composition est un assemblage d'essences prestigieuses et rares. La methode de macération et de filtration artisanale témoigne d'une maison qui a su allier tradition et qualité depuis plus de 2 siècles.

Not sure if it's of concern- the remainder of the bottle product looks the same (Cept the first bottle didn't have a lot number listed on the bottle, but was on the barcode sticker). And SORRY for yet another creed/is this fake post.... many thanks though!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cheetpo; 1st June 2014 at 08:46 PM.

Default Re: Second 4oz silver mountain water from fragrancenet

Hi!

We'll just move this to the Creed Queries thread.

Thanks.

It's legit - the new spellings have been covered in this thread and probably the Aventus one as well. Just look through the previous few pages or use the search function.

Just wanted to let everyone know that last week i ordered a 4 oz Himalaya from Amazon (Shipped and Sold by Amazon) Lot is C3913Q01 and a 4 oz MI from FragranceNet Lot is LT3313T01. Not to discuss "Batch Variations", but to let you know that either of those options will be fresh juice.

Default Creed Aventus changes to bottle.

Hi all,

I've heard people mention that they've been worried about whether or not their Creed purchases have been legit. I've been a collector of this house for many years now some think I'm in good shape to comment and put some at ease.
    As you know,most Creeds have the lot number etched onto the bottom rim,equally they have the house name imprinted onto the atomiser. The last tell is the white housing ring.

Well things have changed,and disappointingly it looks as if the house of creed are are opting for something less impressive. No more is the Creed name stamped onto the spray top,this has been replaced by a shorter version..more stubby in look.
    The lot number has also been moved from the bottom rim and relocated to the back of the bottle. And the white ring has been replaced with something more translucent. I have purchased two 200ml bottles in the last week as I wanted verification that my first bottle was ok,of course it turned out fine. The first was John Lewis and the second was the Creed Boutique.

So,no need to panic,I've also spoken to the house direct and they confirm all of the above changes. I hope this is reassuring to all fragrance lovers that spend their hard earned money.

Default Re: Creed Aventus changes to bottle.

Hi & welcome, Beaky72

We'll move this to the Creed queries thread.

Thanks.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Thanks,and great site ��

Default Creed box--authentic v/s fake

Hey guys

I was planning on buying Creed Original Vetiver, however I came across a picture of one that didn't have all the creed embroidering around every corner of the box like all the other creeds do. This was the only thing I noticed, other than the fact that the Original Vetiver label was not reflective/shiny--it was kind of greyish. With that being said, does it mean that this particular Creed is fake? other than that the bottle is 4ml. Also, I have noticed that some creed boxes have the creed logo over the word milliseme--does that mean its authentic?

Thanks Guys

Default Re: Creed box--authentic v/s fake

Welcome!

I don't know where you're looking, but generally, the best/cheapest/easiest way to buy genuine bottles of Creed is through Fragrancenet. You don't have to worry about the authenticity there, and you can almost always find a 20% off code to use. If not, use "Basenotes" for a 15% discount off everything they sell anytime. Get an additional 6% discount by accessing Fragrancenet through eBates.com.

Good luck.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerutti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...ns-L-deCerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerutti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Default Re: Creed box--authentic v/s fake

Hi & welcome, gridironkid

We'll merge this thread with our Creed queries thread.

Thanks.

Dunno if there is a official batch discussion thread anymore but for what its worth I finally did a full wearing of a diff aventus batch today other than that z01. I was wore C42B13W01 today.. Honestly for me personally off hand not having one on the other I couldnt tell the difference. However I will say a girl did come to me today and told me "wow, that smells great, is that leather?" Ive honestly never had anyone bring up the leather in aventus to me, let alone maybe a hour after I put it on at most. Take that for what its worth I guess. Maybe some peoples noises are more sensitive than others.

This thread always keeps me up to date and smiling.....

@seekritdude - there's also an Aventus Batch numbers thread, an Official Green Irish Tweed thread...

Default Just starting out with Creed - Aventus

Hiya Guys,

I've been fond of aftershave for many years, but just the average mid market aftershaves. Looking around the internet for a few days on other forums and so on, I've decided this is the best place on the net !!

The other day I joined the Creed Club with a 120ml bottle of Aventus.

I purchased the bottle from John Lewis. Firstly the batch number in laser engraved on the middle of the bottle at the back..(The sample bottle had it marked on the bottom of the bottle?) Maybe the tester bottle was an old bottle?

I've used 4 squirts this morning and the smell isn't holding as much as I thought it would....Can anybody recommend me a moisturizer i could apply onto my skin to hold the EDP on for long?

I apply 4 squirts, 1 squirt on each pulse point and a squirt behind each ear lobe.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks in advanced guys (y)

Default Re: Just starting out with Creed - Aventus

Perhaps Aveeno unscented moisturizer if they have it where you live. By the way welcome to you!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Just starting out with Creed - Aventus

If it's from John Lewis it should be fine.

A lot of people find that they don't detect much when wearing Aventus, although others around them often do.

We'll merge this with our Creed Queries thread.

Thanks.