Code of Conduct
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Default Re: Just starting out with Creed - Aventus

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    If it's from John Lewis it should be fine.

A lot of people find that they don't detect much when wearing Aventus, although others around them often do.

We'll merge this with our Creed Queries thread.

Thanks.

Should the batch number not be engraved on the bottom of the bottle?...

Default John Lewis - Fake Creed?

Hi Guys,

This is my first ever purchase of Creed - Aventus.

I know many people who wear this and the smell holds for hours upon hours, but mine simply does not :\.
    The batch is - A42C14A01.

I batch number is laser engraved on the back of the bottle, but it is so faint it's untrue, from what I've been reading the batch number is suppose to be on the bottom of the bottle.

I've read many posts and many people are sayng the box should have like a sticker on it and the box should immediately smell of the aftershave, but mine does not.

The box was easily openable i.e no method of ensuring the box will only be opened by the person who has purchased it...

I am providing some pictures, can you guys help me?

I have the manager ringinging me tomorrow so we can discuss this matter 1 to1.

IMG_4470.jpg
    IMG_4471.jpg
    IMG_4478.jpg

Attachment 29210
    Attachment 29211
    Attachment 29212
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by patel07; 23rd June 2014 at 05:54 PM.

Default Re: John Lewis - Fake Creed?

We'll merge this thread as it's a duplicate of your earlier one.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Default Re: Creed Aventus changes to bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaky72 View Post
    Hi all,

I've heard people mention that they've been worried about whether or not their Creed purchases have been legit. I've been a collector of this house for many years now some think I'm in good shape to comment and put some at ease.
    As you know,most Creeds have the lot number etched onto the bottom rim,equally they have the house name imprinted onto the atomiser. The last tell is the white housing ring.

Well things have changed,and disappointingly it looks as if the house of creed are are opting for something less impressive. No more is the Creed name stamped onto the spray top,this has been replaced by a shorter version..more stubby in look.
    The lot number has also been moved from the bottom rim and relocated to the back of the bottle. And the white ring has been replaced with something more translucent. I have purchased two 200ml bottles in the last week as I wanted verification that my first bottle was ok,of course it turned out fine. The first was John Lewis and the second was the Creed Boutique.

So,no need to panic,I've also spoken to the house direct and they confirm all of the above changes. I hope this is reassuring to all fragrance lovers that spend their hard earned money.

@patel07 - Does this help?

Why would John Lewis sell fakes... face palm.

It's different because you have the redesigned version.
    What coach Rob says determines what I spray

Quote Originally Posted by patel07 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I know many people who wear this and the smell holds for hours upon hours, but mine simply does not :\.

I batch number is laser engraved on the back of the bottle, but it is so faint it's untrue, from what I've been reading the batch number is suppose to be on the bottom of the bottle.

I've read many posts and many people are sayng the box should have like a sticker on it and the box should immediately smell of the aftershave, but mine does not.

The box was easily openable i.e no method of ensuring the box will only be opened by the person who has purchased it...

You paid full retail at John Lewis and you are STILL questioning it??? What would make you people feel better? If you paid 10x retail and got the bottle bestowed directly upon you by Olivier Creed himself, you'd still question it.

I don't know where you are gathering all your mis-information, but:
    1)the laser engraving is very frequently on the back rim
    2)it can be very faint
    3)no idea what sticker you are talking about
    4)the box should not immediately smell like the fragrance unless someone has already sprayed it
    5)of course it was 'easily openable' - Creeds do NOT come cellophane wrapped
    6)the manager is going to have a great time discussing this with you 1 on 1 tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by patel07 View Post
    Hi Guys,

IMG_4470.jpg
    IMG_4471.jpg
    IMG_4478.jpg

Attachment 29210
    Attachment 29211
    Attachment 29212
    You're good bro.. creed recently redesigned their atomizers & box. The atomizers no longer have the bb in them and are shorter compared to the older ones. And the sticker they're talking about is the one on the bottom of the box with the lot#/batch code. And the batch code can either be on the lower rim/lip of the bottle or the bottom. Also the box shouldnt smell of aventus unless its been sprayed. So stop worrying & enjoy! ;-)
    Last edited by Mitchapalooza; 23rd June 2014 at 11:54 PM.

Default Creed Green Irish Tweed. Real of fake?

Hello gentlemen!

(Please move if in wrong section)

I am new to this forum! Been lurking in the shadows for a while...

I bought this 4 fl.oz of Creed Green Irish Tweed from allbeauty.com... But i have some concernes..

The lid is quite loose and doesnt fit well on the top of the bottle... And there is no "Creed" on the top of the sprayer. The sprayer itself looks alittle smaller than other I've seen on the net..

The box it self is top quality and with that velvetish material on the front.

The batchnr is : A32B13T01

Is it a know batchnr? Good batch?

20140624_200650.jpg20140624_200715.jpg20140624_200720.jpg20140624_200840.jpg20140624_200803.jpg20140624_200903.jpg20140624_200931.jpg20140624_200940.jpg20140624_201025.jpg20140624_201006(0).jpg20140624_201046.jpg20140624_201122.jpg20140624_201111.jpg20140624_201145.jpg

Default Re: Creed Green Irish Tweed. Real of fake?

Hi Anon & welcome!

We'll move this to our Creed Queries thread.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Anon View Post
    Hello gentlemen!

(Please move if in wrong section)

I am new to this forum! Been lurking in the shadows for a while...

I bought this 4 fl.oz of Creed Green Irish Tweed from allbeauty.com... But i have some concernes..

The lid is quite loose and doesnt fit well on the top of the bottle... And there is no "Creed" on the top of the sprayer. The sprayer itself looks alittle smaller than other I've seen on the net..

The box it self is top quality and with that velvetish material on the front.

The batchnr is : A32B13T01

Is it a know batchnr? Good batch?

20140624_200650.jpg20140624_200715.jpg20140624_200720.jpg20140624_200840.jpg20140624_200803.jpg20140624_200903.jpg20140624_200931.jpg20140624_200940.jpg20140624_201025.jpg20140624_201006(0).jpg20140624_201046.jpg20140624_201122.jpg20140624_201111.jpg20140624_201145.jpg
    I'm not sure of a change in design in the top of the nozzle, but the photos look OK to my eye. Over the years I have had a few Creeds with less than snug fitting caps. Does it smell like you know it to smell?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

it's very obvious what's going on with these new accounts and their posts. (no i'm not talking about a Creed shill)

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I'm not sure of a change in design in the top of the nozzle, but the photos look OK to my eye. Over the years I have had a few Creeds with less than snug fitting caps. Does it smell like you know it to smell?
    So it suppose to be "creed" on the top of the nozzle? Hmm I don't know.. It was a blind-buy.. But it sure smells green and fresh . It was no plastic around the box when i got it.. Should it be that?

it's hilarious that you think people don't know what's going on or what you are trying to do/prove.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    it's hilarious that you think people don't know what's going on or what you are trying to do/prove.
    What do you mean? I bought this and want to know if its the real deal since it was alot of money...

Not a very pleasant welcome here...
    Last edited by Anon; 24th June 2014 at 07:06 PM.

The sprayer was redesigned, as noted in post #907 above.

Creed caps are often loose, as noted previously in this thread.

Your bottle is fine.

But it sure smells green and fresh . It was no plastic around the box when i got it.. Should it be that?
    Well that's a good sign then. Trust your nose. I don't remember any of my Creeds being blister wrapped, so perhaps another positive for you.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Well that's a good sign then. Trust your nose. I don't remember any of my Creeds being blister wrapped, so perhaps another positive for you.
    Thank you, pal! =)

Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    The sprayer was redesigned, as noted in post #907 above.

Creed caps are often loose, as noted previously in this thread.

Your bottle is fine.
    Okay! =)

Anon. How is the longevity and projection? Do you find that it is a skin scent within 2 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaverX View Post
    Anon. How is the longevity and projection? Do you find that it is a skin scent within 2 hours?
    The longevity and projection is pretty bad... almost gone after 2 hours..

The longevity and projection is pretty bad... almost gone after 2 hours..

More proof that it is real creed then... 2013-2014 GIT batches are junk as far as longevity and projection go. Some say that your T01 batch is probably the better of the recent batches but if you want a good GIT i'd recommend getting any 2012 batch. i have no idea what Creed and co. have done to this fine fragrance but i suspect it has been recently reformulated and the high quality ambergris that was once in it is no longer and the myosre sandalwood base might now be more of a vanilla base. its an atrocity!

More proof that it is real creed then... 2013-2014 GIT batches are junk as far as longevity and projection go. Some say that your T01 batch is probably the better of the recent batches but if you want a good GIT i'd recommend getting any 2012 batch. i have no idea what Creed and co. have done to this fine fragrance but i suspect it has been recently reformulated and the high quality ambergris that was once in it is no longer and the myosre sandalwood base might now be more of a vanilla base. its an atrocity!
    Yeah, its kinda disappointing... I thought it would be better projection and longevity on this expensive frag... Where can you get a 2012 batch GIT?

There are some 12's & 11's testers for sale on ebay. I hear 2011 is even better than 2012. It's as if every year GIT gets weaker. i just don't know if I can trust getting a real one from ebay. It's almost worth the try though since the new bottles you get from any other trusted site will give you this authentic weak new batch anyways.

I got this for around $140. Please notice the writing near the bottom of the box. Its different than some boxes that I have seen. It smells okay, but only lasts for about 3-4 hours. It also has an arabic insert instead of English.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20%281%29.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20%282%29.jpg

The juice is slightly golden in color.
    Last edited by GEN; 2nd July 2014 at 11:27 PM.

Default Possible Creed Aventus Fake

I apologize for adding another one of these threads in but I really wanted to make sure.

The wording on the box looks off, there is no "CREED" etched on the atomizer head, and the lot number is etched only very faintly on the back edge of the bottle's rim.

What makes me think its real is the smell... It smells very similar to my testers although a little more pineapple smell. The lot is claimed to be (as it says on the bottle): A42B13X01

Also more information, I purchased it from: ebay user: perfume-cali

I would really appreciate confirmation!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by occupiedthrone; 7th July 2014 at 03:32 PM. Reason: added information

Merged your post into the dedicated Creed Discussion thread, occupiedthrone. You can get more pointed help this way.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Merged your post into the dedicated Creed Discussion thread, occupiedthrone. You can get more pointed help this way.
    Thanks man much appreciated!!

Well, now I know what it's like to be chased down by a mesmerized woman asking what I was wearing. I know I don't have to mention what I was wearing. Anyways, it was nice to be complimented and also nice to know that it does project and have longevity.

Default Re: Possible Creed Aventus Fake

Quote Originally Posted by occupiedthrone View Post
    I apologize for adding another one of these threads in but I really wanted to make sure.

The wording on the box looks off, there is no "CREED" etched on the atomizer head, and the lot number is etched only very faintly on the back edge of the bottle's rim.

What makes me think its real is the smell... It smells very similar to my testers although a little more pineapple smell. The lot is claimed to be (as it says on the bottle): A42B13X01

Also more information, I purchased it from: ebay user: perfume-cali

I would really appreciate confirmation!!
    I have the 13X01 batch purchased from Liberty London. Yours looks identical to mine. 13X01 smells well-balanced between its pineapple and smoke accords. From your description and what you have posted, the bottle appears to be authentic.

Default Creed Fragrance Authenticity

Please forgive me if this is not the correct place to ask this, I spent a few minutes looking at the different sections on the main page and thought this best suited.

I have recently acquired a bottle of Creed Green Valley which has been a very hard fragrance to track down, I did not acquire this from E-Bay and I currently have it incoming in the mail.

How would I go about making sure its authentic, I will be able to upload some pictures once it arrives but I have been trying to do some research in the meantime.

Thank you for your time.

Default Re: Creed Fragrance Authenticity

Hi & welcome, alphaomega16!

We'll move this to our Creed Queries thread.

Thanks.

Thank you Ipp, I apologize for the mishap

First off here is a video of my purchase.

Edit
    ah the video works, ill have to do the pictures 1 by 1, ill do that now.

20140709_131217.jpg
    20140709_131413.jpg
    20140709_131433.jpg
    Last edited by alphaomega16; 9th July 2014 at 12:44 PM.

No worries, alphaomega16 - where did it come from?

thelondonperfumecompany (I am extremely paranoid when spending money on any new company especially on discontinued fragrances, I have no opinions on the company personally.

Ok I am having a lot of issues trying to upload the pictures, you can add this to photobucket address to view the pictures with the 2 men on it.

user/alphaomega16/library/Frangrance?sort=3&page=1

Edit
    Added new picture to the album, the atomizer head has Creed engraved onto it.
    Last edited by alphaomega16; 9th July 2014 at 12:59 PM.

Has the black Green Irish Tweed bottle always been slightly see-through/dark purple when put near a very bright light?

If not, what year did this get introduced?

Quote Originally Posted by alphaomega16 View Post
    thelondonperfumecompany (I am extremely paranoid when spending money on any new company especially on discontinued fragrances, I have no opinions on the company personally.
    Would like to hear feedback on this company as they've posted on the forums before, but have somehow disappeared since... I'll start a thread in the shopping section to see if that gets any responses from more people that have used them.

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Would like to hear feedback on this company as they've posted on the forums before, but have somehow disappeared since... I'll start a thread in the shopping section to see if that gets any responses from more people that have used them.
    Well so far their customer service has been absolutely brilliant, quick replays to E-Mails and delivery was fantastic it was extremely quick and very well packaged so that from the start is a big + in my books, since this is a discontinued product and all I have had in the past was one of those 5ml sample sprays I have no side by side comparison for this product although it does initially from opening the cap smell like I remember.

But as with all new companies I deal with (Which are VERY few there is always some worry in the back of your mind) I am very apprehensive at the start, the product was listed as ú79.99.

Usually for online purchases I dont go outside of Amazon / Overclockers for products because I am extremely apprehensive of purchasing off different sites.

I am not living comfortably by any means so have to be careful with money and it takes me quite a while to save for things I may wish to purchase whilst having some money to fall back on incase things happen so I try to be as careful as I can with my purchases which is why I try to get samples before hand and Green Valley is one of the only fragrances that I really enjoyed a lot.

I did try sample of Green Irish Tweed but honestly I wasnt too keen on it.

Does it smell as expected, alphaomega16?

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Does it smell as expected, alphaomega16?
    As I mentioned above I think it does, it seems very familiar but it has been quite a while since I have used it. I wish I had saved some from the 5ml sample now.

I have not sprayed it yet, the inside of the cap smells of it and the nozzle on the atomizer.
    Last edited by alphaomega16; 9th July 2014 at 08:21 PM.

Alphaomega, I'd be more worried that it had spoiled than it being fake. I don't think it was ever popular, so fake would pretty much be out of the question. Creeds don't age terribly well, I've had more than a couple of them go bad on me, so test it to see how it smells, it's not one of my particular favorites, although on paper it sounds like something I should like. Very hard to find, so good luck on that score.

Well until I tried the sample which only cost a few quid I hardly saw any negative comments on this one and people were disappointed when it was discontinued.

Hello,

Where is the best place to buy an aventus sample? I want to make sure its not fake.

When it comes to samples I usually get from ebay, doesnt seem to be any point in faking samples but I could be wrong.

Its where I usually go for samples.

I noticed walgreens sells Creed cheaper than other places if I order from there will it be the real deal?

Walgreens Creeds are sourced and shipped from Fragrancenet.com, have bought two there, absolutely legit and they have good sales that apply to Creed as well.

Hi all i took a gamble on some Creed Royal Oud off ebay seller had 100% feedback & sells alot of fragrances all without boxes (which is a little strange)

Does the bottle look ok slightly paranoid as this is my first purchase.Is it to good to be true ???

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by king toot View Post
    Hello,

Where is the best place to buy an aventus sample? I want to make sure its not fake.
    You can get legit samples from fragrancenet.com / theperfumedcourt.com . I would suggest staying away from ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    Has the black Green Irish Tweed bottle always been slightly see-through/dark purple when put near a very bright light?

Quote Originally Posted by Bettz View Post
    Hi all i took a gamble on some Creed Royal Oud off ebay seller had 100% feedback & sells alot of fragrances all without boxes (which is a little strange)

Does the bottle look ok slightly paranoid as this is my first purchase.Is it to good to be true ???

Your Creed Royal Oud is golden. It is real Royal Oud; Nothing to worry about at all. I have the same batch number as well, and mine was from a reputable seller here in my state... Mine was discounted with the actual item coming from Neiman Marcus in the box with the receipt.

Enjoy!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong here...

But I recall reading, and possibly seeing a video describing the typical fake GiT bottle as just that. I haven't been in to GiT long enough to know if they've ever used a bottle like that, but I clearly remember seeing someone say it's a sure sign of a fake.

I'll see if I can find it and post it up.

Quote Originally Posted by sdotlow View Post
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong here...

But I recall reading, and possibly seeing a video describing the typical fake GiT bottle as just that. I haven't been in to GiT long enough to know if they've ever used a bottle like that, but I clearly remember seeing someone say it's a sure sign of a fake.

I'll see if I can find it and post it up.
    Purple slightly-see-through bottle is absolutely standard, at least a couple of years old: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...2-Few-concerns

As always, smell the juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bettz View Post

This looks exactly like my store-bought Royal Oud. Congrats on the great buy .

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by throwbookatface View Post
    Purple slightly-see-through bottle is absolutely standard, at least a couple of years old: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...2-Few-concerns

As always, smell the juice.
    And I stand corrected! I believe it was from a youtube review the street scents guy did in a Creed boutique. Said something about purple bottle being fake, and that it should be a black matte bottle with a diamond finish to the matte.

Thanks for promptly correcting me!

Thanks guys for the valuable input!

The dark purple/black bottle is really useful to judge how much is left in the bottle, too.

The reason why I ask is that I have an old bottle from 2007 that is not see-through. It came with the arabic Creed inserts so I thought it could be a grey market bottle but I've rarely sprayed it since I had a bottle on the go.

Someone was selling a GIT with the same batch code on eBay and claimed it was authentic, but also noted that the top notes had turned a bit but the dry down was just as good as a current GIT bottle. I think their reason was poor storage in the Middle East. When smelling mine, I agree the top notes are off.

I though making the dark purple bottle is more difficult than the black bottle, and imagined that in 1985 when the first bottles were made, they were opaque, totally black, and at some point they decided to make it dark purple/semi-opaque.

My question is when could this have happened, if my assumptions can be believed at all.

If someone has a GIT bottle from 2006 or before and its deep purple, I'll know immediately it's a fake.

Do any of you have any old bottles from this time period?

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum

I'm looking to buy GIT off ebay but I cant tell which sellers are selling authentic goods. I seen lot prices variation as well. If someone can just help me with the cheapest price that is authentic that would be a great help

Thanks in advance

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by vikd View Post
    Hi everyone I'm new to the forum

I'm looking to buy GIT off ebay but I cant tell which sellers are selling authentic goods. I seen lot prices variation as well. If someone can just help me with the cheapest price that is authentic that would be a great help

Thanks in advance
    I would advise against ebay. Lots of fakes. Www.fragrancenet.com

Is there a standout batch of Royal Oud?

Default Fake Aventus

Hi,

My friend got conned by someone on eBay and has ended up with a fake bottle of Aventus. It seemed genuine as it smelt nice and the bottle looked authentic. However, he recently noticed that the sprayer says CPEED instead of CREED!! As it's been more than a month since the purchase, eBay won't give his money back and say they can't help.

Shame that this has happened and he's stuck with a fake. Rather than throwing it away, I suggested he may as well use it if it smells ok. He's worried that it might be full of dangerous chemicals. What would you do in this position, would you take a chance and make use of a fake cologne?

Default Re: Fake Aventus

Hi!

We'll move this to the Creed Queries thread.

Thanks.

Default Re: Fake Aventus

I've fallen victim to this. My first ever CREED purchase was from a random seller on Amazon. They promised me a 25$ gift card if I rated the fragrance right away after it was purchased. It smelled great when I first sprayed it. I enjoyed it for a couple days, until suddenly it smelled HORRIBLE.

What I noticed was that the sprayer was already filled up with genuine Silver Mountain Water, while the rest of the 4oz was filled with some type of filler that would immediately produce a headache.

I would check with your friend if the sprayer took a couple pumps to spray. Although if it does smell nice a month in I wouldn't be too concerned.