Code of Conduct
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Results 1,261 to 1,304 of 1304

Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by tr88 View Post
    Bought it from Lily direct for around $223 with 5% coupon
    Yup, it's legit! Enjoy! 😄

Quote Originally Posted by backtaro View Post
    Legit. If you are don't like, I can help you disposing it
    great offer, but if its legit I will hang on to it

Quote Originally Posted by Stalkerboy View Post
    Yup, it's legit! Enjoy! ��
    Thank you my friend!

Considering putting in a bid on a tester of Royal Oud with Lot number A4311Q01ICP. Seller is showing this number on both the bottle and on the label. Other than the ICP suffix, the lot looks correct. Anyone know of instances of ICP getting added to Creed lot numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Considering putting in a bid on a tester of Royal Oud with Lot number A4311Q01ICP. Seller is showing this number on both the bottle and on the label. Other than the ICP suffix, the lot looks correct. Anyone know of instances of ICP getting added to Creed lot numbers?
    Just saw the listing on ebay. Not sure about the ICP but the listing is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Here's from my Royal-Oud box:

(Formerly Jouho)

Default Fake Creed Aventus.

Looking for Creed connoisseur to help me authenticate please.

Pictures: (Copy and paste in URL from Http to html)
    http
    ://s40.photobucket.com/user/o0thebled0o/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpszus6dspq.
    jpg.
    html

140$, 2.5, shipped from Hialeah Florida, Used, seller has good, solid reviews, paypal, no negs, refundable, bottle seems to have good hallmarks of authenticity (creed logo on sprayer head, white sprayer neck, some wear and tear on wrapping).

My main concern is that it comes from Hialeah, Florida and that it has a very prominent smokey smell after its been maximally sprayed. It's almost a pungentness I've noticed, but very smokey like wood burning. I've also noticed that the wrapping is not leather but rather is a ribbed kind of sticker and Napolean seems to be less ribbed and detailed then I was expecting. LOT number is smudged off from the back from what appears to be general wear. Lastly, the cap does not fit and is not the original. This was not labeled as a Tester bottle.

I have a sample from Nordstroms which I'll be comparing today, they've smelt relatively similar but one is much more smokey than the other, almost a burning rubber smell.

Do not close this thread. It is not trolling.
    Last edited by ecstasydeprivation; 23rd March 2015 at 09:02 PM.

Default Re: Fake Creed Aventus.

I wish this forum had a popcorn emoji.

OP, if you're serious, post hi res photos of your purchase.

Ecstasydeprivation: We moved your request for info over to this dedicated Creed thread as you'll stand a better chance of getting a knowledgable response here from the folks most familiar with variations and whatnot. I took out a couple of follow up posts from the original thread as well. Good luck!

Default Re: Fake Creed Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by ecstasydeprivation View Post
    Looking for Creed connoisseur to help me authenticate please.

140$, 2.5, shipped from Hialeah Florida, Used, seller has good, solid reviews, paypal, no negs, refundable, bottle seems to have good hallmarks of authenticity (creed logo on sprayer head, white sprayer neck, some wear and tear on wrapping).

My main concern is that it comes from Hialeah, Florida and that it has a very prominent smokey smell after its been maximally sprayed. It's almost a pungentness I've noticed, but very smokey like wood burning. I've also noticed that the wrapping is not leather but rather is a ribbed kind of sticker and Napolean seems to be less ribbed and detailed then I was expecting. LOT number is smudged off from the back from what appears to be general wear. Lastly, the cap does not fit and is not the original. This was not labeled as a Tester bottle.

I have a sample from Nordstroms which I'll be comparing today, they've smelt relatively similar but one is much more smokey than the other, almost a burning rubber smell.

Do not close this thread. It is not trolling.
    Please post pictures.
    (Formerly Jouho)

http
    ://s40.photobucket.com/user/o0thebled0o/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpszus6dspq.
    jpg.
    html

Copy and paste URL for pictures, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Ecstasydeprivation: We moved your request for info over to this dedicated Creed thread as you'll stand a better chance of getting a knowledgable response here from the folks most familiar with variations and whatnot. I took out a couple of follow up posts from the original thread as well. Good luck!
    Thank you, I didn't appreciate my intial post being closed... very unprofessional. The replies were actually laughable, having no relevance to the issue at hand (authentication). Seemed like pithy opinions plastered with denigration.

http
    jpg.
    html

It's real. You have either the 13X01 or 13W01 batch. I think it's a W.

Thank you, I didn't appreciate my intial post being closed... very unprofessional. The replies were actually laughable, having no relevance to the issue at hand (authentication). Seemed like pithy opinions plastered with denigration.
    This was one of your posts, and yet you're surprised? Trolling or not, good luck with that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by ecstasydeprivation
    Your insight is unwarranted, use inductive logic... pretty simple. Florida is a port state known for corruption and high illegal status, it's not unreasonable to assume the product is a bootleg but it's also fair to say that drug trafficking from the 80's+ keeps the economy well and thriving.

I bought it because the seller seems valued by many reputable sellers of "hard to bootleg" merchandise and buyers who've made only single purchases of unique colognes. Also the seller is not a "power" seller, they sell select items which seem to all be without a box, my assumption was that they work for a boutique and are able to get tester bottles for a marked off price.

Also, high senior population, but this seller is Hispanic and of course this is a demographic issue as are the majority of Hispanics in this area not affluent relative to the general population.

Thanks.

http
    jpg.
    html

Hrm nm. Well... I'm not sure. Maybe it's legit. But, I only own the 4 oz sizes.

It seems as though the Creed emblem(?) was taken off of the cap. There is white under the cap, with what appears to be the 'old'er style sprayer, as well as the thicker tubing.

Perhaps it's a legit bottle that's been through some shit (what the hell happened to it? Back area, front looks like it got melted or something, no Creed thing on top of cap, batch code scratched(?) up.)
    (Formerly Jouho)

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    This was one of your posts, and yet you're surprised? Trolling or not, good luck with that attitude.
    Their responses were riddled with unnecessary derision about my personal choice to buy from Ebay. I was not looking for criticism but help relevant to the facts. Their unnecessary and intentionally provoking behavior was unwarranted and deserving of more than a simple internet rebuke. If they didn't like my post, they could have not said anything at all. Same goes for you. Arbitrary punishment is a B****, I don't recommend it.. it's an issue of principle. You step on my toes, what's stopping me from stepping on your foot.. etc.
    Last edited by ecstasydeprivation; 23rd March 2015 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    It's real. You have either the 13X01 or 13W01 batch. I think it's a W.
    Excellent Boss, any specific markers a dead give away for you?

Any quick thoughts on these batches?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Hrm nm. Well... I'm not sure. Maybe it's legit. But, I only own the 4 oz sizes.

It seems as though the Creed emblem(?) was taken off of the cap. There is white under the cap, with what appears to be the 'old'er style sprayer, as well as the thicker tubing.

Perhaps it's a legit bottle that's been through some shit (what the hell happened to it? Back area, front looks like it got melted or something, no Creed thing on top of cap, batch code scratched(?) up.)
    Old'er style sprayer? Hmm could this be a pretty old batch of Creed? Maybe that explains some of its loss of sweetness and smokier scent?

Exactly, looks like a bad attempt at a cover up... possibly been sold and resold for many years now. The only "use" it's gotten is when it's being tested for authenticity. Well the cap seems to be a replacement. What bothers me is the batch code being so worn. That doesn't seem like it'd come from usual wear but I'm not an expert on glass markings with ink

Does anyone know if there were batch lot numbers for the Private Collection?

Angelique Encens, Aubepine Acacia, Bois De Santal, Cuir De Russie, Vintage Tabarome

Since these were discontinued after 2004, I would expect there would be lot numbers for these. This question was never discussed in the Batch LOT Solved thread.

Old'er style sprayer? Hmm could this be a pretty old batch of Creed? Maybe that explains some of its loss of sweetness and smokier scent?

Exactly, looks like a bad attempt at a cover up... possibly been sold and resold for many years now. The only "use" it's gotten is when it's being tested for authenticity. Well the cap seems to be a replacement. What bothers me is the batch code being so worn. That doesn't seem like it'd come from usual wear but I'm not an expert on glass markings with ink
    Well, not old as in... well, old - Aventus only came out in 2010. But it seems to be a/the previous style atomizer. I'm not sure how many different incarnations lately (~1 year?) there have been involving cap(s)/atomizer stuff, including tubing. However, it seems things started changing from that 'old'er style with the early/mid or so 2014 batches of Aventus, at least. So, if legit, then perhaps most likely your bottle is a 2013 (up to mid 2014?) at the latest - given the thick tubing and atomizer head type.
    Last edited by ILikePeeps; 23rd March 2015 at 09:56 PM.
    (Formerly Jouho)

Is this it?

Their responses were riddled with unnecessary derision about my personal choice to buy from Ebay. I was not looking for criticism but help relevant to the facts. Their unnecessary and intentionally provoking behavior was unwarranted and deserving of more than a simple internet rebuke. If they didn't like my post, they could have not said anything at all. Same goes for you. Arbitrary punishment is a B****, I don't recommend it.. it's an issue of principle. You step on my toes, what's stopping me from stepping on your foot.. etc.
    LOL you have issues bud.

Socal woman. Yes it is, good find.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    LOL you have issues bud.
    Sure. No one likes being reprimanded like a child, but when you act like one, you get corrected -- especially when you're affecting another human being :-). You jealous that you're not perceptive enough to see what's going on when people make personal digs through the way they formulate a sentence? It's pretty obvious and pretty cruel, in principle of course... but most people are too self-aggrandizing, insensitive, and immoral to really care.. people like them feed off of others, arbitrarily, for their own pleasure. Immanuel Kant talked about never treating another human as solely a means to an end, it's obvious those people do not value the integrity of another human and prefer rather to destroy than to build. That is the predicates of evil in their most carnal form, and I do not tolerate it.

Au revoir, 'bud'.
    Last edited by ecstasydeprivation; 23rd March 2015 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    Is this it?
    Si, it is.

That seller doesn't do returns but you may have more luck using eBay's money back guarantee. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Well, not old as in... well, old - Aventus only came out in 2010. But it seems to be a/the previous style atomizer. I'm not sure how many different incarnations lately (~1 year?) there have been involving cap(s)/atomizer stuff, including tubing. However, it seems things started changing from that 'old'er style with the early/mid or so 2014 batches of Aventus, at least. So, if legit, then perhaps most likely your bottle is a 2013 (up to mid 2014?) at the latest - given the thick tubing and atomizer head type.
    Very informative Peeps, thank you. I'm confused though, wouldn't 2010-11 be considered "old" relative to the lifespan of Aventus? 2014 seems pretty new!

That seller doesn't do returns but you may have more luck using eBay's money back guarantee. Good luck!
    Interesting, they sent me an email saying I could ship it back and get a refund.... oh boy.

Thank you for digging into my issue, do you have a professional opinion on it's authenticity at all?

EDIT: If that wasn't a subtle 'dig' Socal, IDK what is.... Oh boy.
    Last edited by ecstasydeprivation; 23rd March 2015 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post

Angelique Encens, Aubepine Acacia, Bois De Santal, Cuir De Russie, Vintage Tabarome

Since these were discontinued after 2004, I would expect there would be lot numbers for these. This question was never discussed in the Batch LOT Solved thread.
    Sorry to push your post up N.CAL, please feel free to interject a bump

Thank you for digging into my issue, do you have a professional opinion on it's authenticity at all?

EDIT: If that wasn't a subtle 'dig' Socal, IDK what is.... Oh boy.
    My profession had nothing to do with perfume, sadly. I do find it odd, and unfortunate, that the batch number was unreadable. I've tested three batches of Aventus and only found one appealing but do not own a bottle. Since you don't know the batch it will be difficult for you to be able to compare it or learn what it's "supposed" to smell like. The seller basically said nothing other than it was a used bottle so you got what was described assuming no more information was communicated privately before you bid.

My profession had nothing to do with perfume, sadly. I do find it odd, and unfortunate, that the batch number was unreadable. I've tested three batches of Aventus and only found one appealing but do not own a bottle. Since you don't know the batch it will be difficult for you to be able to compare it or learn what it's "supposed" to smell like. The seller basically said nothing other than it was a used bottle so you got what was described assuming no more information was communicated privately before you bid.
    Lol . I did get a verbal confirmation before I purchased it. and I do have a sample from Nordstroms that smells very similar though not as smokey and sour.

---------------------------------

Dear josjoseplace,

100% authentic.

- lben2573

------------------------------------

Dear lben2573,

Hi, you seemed to have forgotten to answer one of my questions.

Can you confirm with a yes or a no that this is authentic 100% pure Creed Aventus?

Thanks,
    Jose

----------------------------------------

Dear josjoseplace,

ok, if you have problems let me know, thanks

---------------------------------------------------------
    Dear lben2573,

Hi, I was just hoping you could write back confirming that the product and its contents is 100% Creed Aventus.

Please let me know, I do have a sample directly from Creed and will be making comparisons (of course, with batch differences kept in mind). I will be returning if I notice longevity, sillage, projection issues that are not consistent with authentic Creed fragrances (I have owned Aventus before and have a good idea of its silage and longevity).

Anyways, if it is in fact authentic, thank you VERY MUCH for your generous price. I will be recommending you to my colleagues.

Take care,
    Jose

Very informative Peeps, thank you. I'm confused though, wouldn't 2010-11 be considered "old" relative to the lifespan of Aventus? 2014 seems pretty new!
    Take a look through http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...batch-numbers/ . The older batches of Aventus may be more desirable to fragheads 'in the know', in general.

Lol . I did get a verbal confirmation before I purchased it. and I do have a sample from Nordstroms that smells very similar though not as smokey and sour.
    It seeming more smokey may be a good thing. There's dif speculations out there, such as give it time to 'breathe'. However, from what I've read and/or heard, the newer batches tend to be more citrusy and not as smokey compared to the older Aventus batches (though.. the 'breathing' thing may come in to play here).

If you read through that thread, you may come to a generalized speculated conclusion of like:

2010-2013 batches are basically the 'better' years so far; 2014 batches are more citrusy and not as smokey.

If I were to hoard Aventus bottles... it'd probably be older stuff. . I've kind of hoarded; I have 2 bottles: 11Z01 and 13R01.

Your bottle seeming more smokey compared to (probably a 2014 batch) the stuff you smelled from/at Nordstrom may give some credence that yours is indeed an 'old'er authentic Aventus.
    Last edited by ILikePeeps; 24th March 2015 at 12:38 AM.
    (Formerly Jouho)

Excellent Boss, any specific markers a dead give away for you?

Any quick thoughts on these batches?

Thanks
    The white ring and the batch code on the bottle. The cap isn't original, it belonged to another bottle, maybe a 30 ml Aventus with the silver top missing.

The '13s are generally smoky, which if you go to the Aventus batch thread, some people adore it.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post

I can't say definitively, but I can provide you with some clues. I have testers of AA, VT but they have no lot #. I also have 3 SV's, one dark yellow (no #) and two clear (2008, 2010). I also have two testers of Citrus Bigarrade that date to 2006. So lot numbers started in 2006 or earlier for the Private Collection.

Not PC, but I have some SI that has a batch # from 2005.

Any insight on Millesime Imperial batch SO3314D01?
    Thanks a lot

I have never seen a batch number associated with any Private Collection fragrances.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Mancera Lemon Line, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...tisan-SAMPLES!

Offsite sales: Tom Ford Noir de Noir, Rare CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Mancera Lemon Line, By Kilian Prelude to Love, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    I have never seen a batch number associated with any Private Collection fragrances.
    According to the thread Lot numbers Solved thread http://www.basenotes.net/threads/270...numbers-SOLVED!

75=CM
    76=FdeTRB

81=Windsor

89=LesF

96=RC

Selection Verte ID was mentioned to be 79. Cypres Musc ID was listed as 75. Therefore there must be ID's for the other Private Collection Fragrances. I'm guessing maybe they were stamped on the clear flacons (and maybe testers from 2005/2006) since those were the last batches to be made. If I recall correctly a couple of them were still in production in limited quantities as late as 2009 particularly Angelique Encens.

I have a question about the vetiver note in OV and Jardin d'Amalfi: Does anyone detect a sort of foody, almost starchy character to it? It's so strong to me that it almost overwhelms the entire fragrance and makes me never want to buy either fragrance. It's hard to describe, but it's almost like the scent of cooked plain rice.. Maybe someone else has a better description.

Anyone else smell the same thing?

Hi here, is this legit or I got shafted ?
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by adprokid; 26th March 2015 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adprokid View Post
    Hi here, is this legit or I got shafted ?
    Thanks
    No expert but it looks pretty good to me.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate any input guys, please chime in if you can.
    Last edited by adprokid; 26th March 2015 at 11:07 PM.

I have compared it to my Aventus from an official retailer and I can't see anything strange. So I think there is no reason to think it's fake.

That sounds good, thank you for taking the time to look and compare.