Code of Conduct
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Results 1,321 to 1,348 of 1348

Default Re: Creed Queries & Discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawky454 View Post
    Regular pineapple sold to royalty for 10 times the amount we peasants pay for cubed pineapple.
    "just a smile would lighten everything"
    https://soundcloud.com/freewheelingvagabond/tracks
    Currently wearing: Déclaration by Cartier

Quote Originally Posted by maxo-tt View Post
    ) just 250$.... got refund from ebay already... )) lucky i didn't left feedback before...

Thanks everyone for help.... its really fake...
    Great! Now just go ahead and order a bottle from an official retailer and have peace of mind.

Default Fake Creed?

Hi.
    Is this an original Creed Green Irish Tweed? Just bought it from fragrancenet.com and heard afterwards, that they aren't trustworthy. Been doing some research on the internet, but I can't figure out if it is genuine or fake. I have never owned or smelled a Creed, so I can't compare it to anything. The smell is quite soapy at first, reminds me of Cool Water. But after after a couple of minutes the smell fades away and becomes really weak.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Henryafridriksmork; 25th April 2015 at 02:19 PM.

Banned

Default Re: Fake Creed?

fragrancenet.com are as trusty as you can get ( excluding the Creed authorized retailers )

I think you are fine. Nothing to worry about. Enjoy your new acquisition!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Dependent

Its real.. fragrancenet is legit.. give it a couple weeks to a month and it'll get stronger. Creeds tend to get stronger after you spray it & introduce air into the bottle.
    Last edited by Mitchapalooza; 25th April 2015 at 03:35 PM.
    I came here to talk fragrances & chew bubblegum.. and i'm all out of bubblegum.

Basenotes Junkie Space Flight Navigator's Avatar

This looks good, but I'd be careful about everyone saying fragrancenet is legit and this and that, and quite honestly, it's getting pretty annoying. It's all grey market which means fragrencenet doesn't know the authenticity of the product they are getting, (or they do and market the stuff anyway)...I myself havn't had a problem (to an extent) with fragrancenet. If the smell is fading away that's a problem imo, when I got Green Irish Tweed from neiman marcus it didn't fade away at all when I first got it...just giving you honest input.
    Last edited by Space Flight Navigator; 25th April 2015 at 04:54 PM.

Good to go.
    Currently wearing: Invictus by Paco Rabanne

Quote Originally Posted by Space Flight Navigator View Post
    This looks good, but I'd be careful about everyone saying fragrancenet is legit and this and that, and quite honestly, it's getting pretty annoying. It's all grey market which means fragrencenet doesn't know the authenticity of the product they are getting, (or they do and market the stuff anyway)...I myself havn't had a problem (to an extent) with fragrancenet. If the smell is fading away that's a problem imo, when I got Green Irish Tweed from neiman marcus it didn't fade away at all when I first got it...just giving you honest input.
    +1.

You may be suffering from olfactory fatigue. Don't spray near your face, and only give it a sniff every few minutes. If you keep smelling it, you will not be able to smell it for very long.

As mentioned above, when you get it from the grey market, you can't be 100% certain, but I have never had any problems with Fragrancenet. But then again I only purchased one of my Creeds from them,
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    4. Xerjoff - Fars
    5. Dior - Vetiver
    6. Creed - Green Valley
    7. Clive Christian - 1872 for Men
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Creed - Royal Scottish Lavender

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

There's a thread like this on here every day, and it seems like advertising for the brand. The frustration of the brand seems to be part of the selling point: the initial high cost, the constant dumping to the online market, the drama about supposed fakes, the drama about supposed batch variations.

It's easy to say as a fan boy of another house, but I would encourage people to move on from this house in good health.
    Favorites
    1. Chanel Platinum Egoiste, 1993
    2. Dior Homme Intense, 2007
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche, 2008
    4. Dior Fahrenheit, 1988
    5. Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme, 2012
    6. Chanel Coromandel, 2007
    7. Chanel Allure Homme, 1999

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    You may be suffering from olfactory fatigue. Don't spray near your face, and only give it a sniff every few minutes. If you keep smelling it, you will not be able to smell it for very long.

As mentioned above, when you get it from the grey market, you can't be 100% certain, but I have never had any problems with Fragrancenet. But then again I only purchased one of my Creeds from them,
    I agree, olfactory fatigue could be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanel1 View Post
    There's a thread like this on here every day, and it seems like advertising for the brand.
    That's a pretty silly statement to make, considering this site is around for people to talk about fragrances. Creed is popular, hence their fragrances will be talked about often.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by worldcomingdown View Post
    That's a pretty silly statement to make, considering this site is around for people to talk about fragrances. Creed is popular, hence their fragrances will be talked about often.
    Sorry.

Let me say I've noted my suspicion that not necessarily this specific original post, but that one or more like it posted on a nearly daily basis is part of an organized advertising campaign.

Yes, that might be silly.

Even if it's a happy accident of free advertising, I still encourage people to move on in good health.
    Last edited by Chanel1; 25th April 2015 at 10:21 PM.
    Favorites
    1. Chanel Platinum Egoiste, 1993
    2. Dior Homme Intense, 2007
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche, 2008
    4. Dior Fahrenheit, 1988
    5. Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme, 2012
    6. Chanel Coromandel, 2007
    7. Chanel Allure Homme, 1999

+2

I've purchased Green Irish Tweed twice from Fragrancenet and didn't like what I received. The scent was very sharp in the opening and I never smelled any sandalwood in the drydown. Contrast that to the Green Irish Tweed I purchased from an authorized retailer: fresh green opening (but not overly sharp) and plenty of sandalwood to enjoy in the basenotes. Also had a similar experience with Aventus. The bottle from Fragrancenet was like a smoky ashtray from start to finish with a tiny bit of pineapple in the background. My bottle from Creed Boutique opened with a strong dose of fruity pineapple, followed by apple, fir and something close to leather before turning into smoky incense in the drydown.

Yes, we've all heard about "batch variations" but how much of that is really vendor variations?

Whether this is because one is fake and the other isn't or because of poor storage conditions, it seems like whole ingredients are missing or rendered undetectable. And since the price at discounters creeps closer and closer to actual retail prices, it's a risk I prefer to avoid. Others will draw their own conclusions.

FYI: In Al's most recent video, Luis, the Creed Boutique manager, says that there is one universal packaging for Creed fragrances and it doesn't include an insert with Arabic writing. He says this may be something added by an individual vendor, but it doesn't come from Creed. This comes at 10:12 in the video. Interesting.

http://<a href="https://www.youtube....jMYqzZ8vEE</a>
    Last edited by MysteryBuff40; 26th April 2015 at 08:27 AM.

Is there a shiny l like diamond finish when you hold the bottle in certain light/angle,That's a good indicator you got the real deal stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Rbae3928 View Post
    Is there a shiny l like diamond finish when you hold the bottle in certain light/angle,That's a good indicator you got the real deal stuff!
    No, it's not. The fragrance itself could have been tampered with or diluted...

No, it's not. The fragrance itself could have been tampered with or diluted...
    No it's not a telling point? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9_OpLZYzGyA Starting at 11:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbae3928 View Post
    No it's not a telling point? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9_OpLZYzGyA Starting at 11:30.
    *facepalm* No, once again, holding a bottle up to the sun confirming the outside of the bottle is the way it's supposed to be confirms only that. It says nothing about what's inside. The juice on the inside is impossible to assess until application with GIT. I've watched this video before and found it hilarious that for a second they mistook the real MI bottle for the fake one because the cap was squeaking on the real bottle. Exterior qualities are a sticky area and its best not to come to conclusions solely on them.

I too am annoyed by the "is my Creed a fake" threads. Can they all be lumped into one and be done with it?

If you want the real stuff, pay the retail price at an authorized seller. That is the only way you'll know for sure that you are getting the real deal.
    I'm rejiggering my fragrance wardrobe and am selling some things in the marketplace.
    Chanel, Givenchy, Guerlain, Jean Deprez, Estee Lauder, L'Artisan, Tom Ford
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/402...ED-10-May-2015

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    If you want the real stuff, pay the retail price at an authorized seller. That is the only way you'll know for sure that you are getting the real deal.
    Thank you. My thoughts exactly.

*facepalm* No, once again, holding a bottle up to the sun confirming the outside of the bottle is the way it's supposed to be confirms only that. It says nothing about what's inside. The juice on the inside is impossible to assess until application with GIT. I've watched this video before and found it hilarious that for a second they mistook the real MI bottle for the fake one because the cap was squeaking on the real bottle. Exterior qualities are a sticky area and its best not to come to conclusions solely on them.
    Makes sense! I love Al mistakes the fake creed cap from the real one LOL

Dependent

@Mysterybuff40- Don't pay attention to half the stuff luis says.. he'll say anything to try to get you to pay retail. In a video with max forti luis says the alcohol they use in creed fragrances is made of potatoes or some crap and that its not flammable. It says its flammable right on the box! lol.. As soon as the video was over i went & sprayed a spritz of aventus on my bathroom sink counter & lit it.. it's flammable. And as far as fragrancenet its a matter of batch variation.. i've seen members here get the same batch from fragrancenet they had at neiman marcus. You probably just got 2014 batches of git from fragnet which are much greener & sharper. You'll get the same green, sharp batches if you went to neiman marcus or creed boutique right now.

Dependent

@Space flight navigator- Creed bottles are tamperproof. The bb in the straw of the older bottle prevents getting a needle inside and the new bottles don't have a direct hole in the straw.. it appears to be solid if you pull the sprayer off & look directly down into the straw cuz the holes are down inside on the sides. And theres a metal ring around the straw preventing sticking a needle along side the straw. Basically the only way to dilute it would be to uncrimp & remove the entire spray mechanism and replace it which is highly unlikely. When i got my 8.4oz aventus flacon i wanted to fill an empty 4oz bottle so i tried everything. lol
    Last edited by Mitchapalooza; 26th April 2015 at 07:42 PM.

I wouldn't put it past people to take off the spray mechanism.

Hi All,
    I got some time ago SMW tester online ( costed about 100 euros), it does smell like i remember it but maybe just slightly weaker (this could also be due to my false memory). Everything about the bottle seems OK white sprayer etc.
    It seems that bottle is coated with white plastic film (not paint like used for himalaya) but i found that on the bottom of the bottle that plastic film got thinner at some places (maybe scratched) and I can see glass parts of the bottle. Is that normal? If there is anyone who has legit SMW and saw this happening to their bottle over time I would be grateful. This is all probably due to my OCD but still would be very greatful for some kind of response

Thanks,
    Kind Regards

Basenotes Member

Default Re: fake aventus z01? :( help

Quote Originally Posted by maxo-tt View Post
    Hello people,
    i'm afraid just got fake aventus from ebay. please help me. is there any way aventus has no lot number on the bottle?
    Wow, this looks very similar to the Aventiss I received from Ebay a few weeks ago, right down to the Arabic insert with Silver Mountain Water at the top (I think that must be a "Gotcha" from the counterfeiter).
    Just curious, did you smell what was inside that bottle? Mine was not even an attempt to smell like Aventus, or any other fragrance I'm familiar with.
    Glad you got your $$ back. It took me a few extra days, but I got refunded as well. We gotta be more careful with Ebay, but at least there's some protection.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Basenotes Member

Default Re: fake aventus z01? :( help

Quote Originally Posted by RichMan'sOldSpice View Post
    Wow, this looks very similar to the Aventiss I received from Ebay a few weeks ago, right down to the Arabic insert with Silver Mountain Water at the top (I think that must be a "Gotcha" from the counterfeiter).
    Just curious, did you smell what was inside that bottle? Mine was not even an attempt to smell like Aventus, or any other fragrance I'm familiar with.
    Glad you got your $$ back. It took me a few extra days, but I got refunded as well. We gotta be more careful with Ebay, but at least there's some protection.

Sorry, my reply was to a post on this thread from 6th April 2015, 08:29 AM.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed