Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Default Re: Received my Creed OS from fragrancenet

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Not sending Creed products out as special gifts with Hersheys purchases any more then?
    I got these as a special promotion the other day.
    Would have cost me about ú250 in Marcus Nieman.
    They told me Olivier gave them a lucky roll before packaging them too but I'm not sure I quite believe that.

b1.jpg

Wow - so cool

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    That's not an indicator if it's fake it not. All of my Creed bottles are from Neimans for 10+ years and all have varying degrees of craftsmanship, including caps that are loose.

Fragrancenet doesn't sell fakes
    I didn't say it was. Just making an observation between the two I purchased from different sources.

Wow - so cool
    Yeah well, you've got no chance. They are a strictly limited edition of 950.000 to commemorate the partnership with Hersheys.
    Gone within two hours of the stores opening.
    Eat your heart out !

Bother - I always miss out on these things - back to Fruit & Nut then...

Default Re: Creed Queries - is my bottle genuine?, etc.

...what? What's the Hershey(')s stuff about? Joking around? But how did it even start? Did thread(s) getting merged into this one jumble up/mess up the conversation(s) or something?
    (Formerly Jouho)

Hershey's took over Creed, I think?

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    ...what? What's the Hershey(')s stuff about? Joking around? But how did it even start? Did thread(s) getting merged into this one jumble up/mess up the conversation(s) or something?
    Sorry, just trying to lighten the tedium of another utterly pointless Creed thread .

hershey's took over creed, i think?

if only.......

Just imagine the fun

Maybe Duchy Originals would be more appropriate 'though...

Don't worry, though, if Hershey's proposed takeover of Just Born is approved, there will be a chance at a Creed x Peeps promotional giveaway! I can't say more, NDA and all.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Hershey's took over Creed, I think?
    I live about an hour and 45 min from Hershey, PA.

Erwin was there a few months ago with 50 gallon drums of Aventus to let soak in Hershey's dark chocolate vats for his new release this spring (Thierry Mugler style).

All you could smell for miles was chocolate covered pineapple.

He started a poll for the new fragrance name but I lost the link...

Things are definitely looking up

Default Re: Yet another... Is my Creed Green Irish Tweed FAKE??

Was just checking out some cheap "GIT" on Ebay. Fairly obvious the boxes are fake. Easiest way to tell is to look at the fonts. There are obvious differences in the cursive font for Green Irish Tweed (Looks like Yreen Irish Tweed). If I were counterfeiting, I would make sure to not overlook this detail... but I'm sure they just tried to find a close font available on their computers. Also the kerning (spacing) is different subtly between letters within all words and also the box fonts themselves. The "e" next to the 120 mL is also quite different, with the real box having rounded letter edges with some unequal weighting on the sides. When you look closely at the alignment of the green sticker on the white box, the edges are not as well aligned as on a real box on the top one, at least, and the cut of the sticker seems less well aligned with the gold box just inside the edges. Wonder what these knock-offs smell like... maybe just bottle up some Aspen?

Attached Images Attached Images

On a serious note.

If everyone could check their bottles of Creed for a tiny little detail I've never noticed before *IN the sprayer tube...

Does anyone see a ball that moves at the top? It seems to be right where the straw ends at the top and connects with the rest of the mechanism.

I just noticed that one of my bottles had that today.

Here is an example.

Basenotes Member

Default My first Creed Purchase.. Fake?

I just purchased a 4oz Creed Aventus from Fragrancenet, However compared to the decant I had prior from a member on this forum, the longevity only lasts around an hour, and projection is horrid, what made me question it besides the poor longevity and projection was the logo, it seems cheap, and i've noticed other creeds bottle logo protrude.

here are some pictures.

1545612_278551428958952_2084639343_n.jpg
    1511116_278551572292271_1284205203_n.jpg
    36527_278551405625621_1019861883_n.jpg
    1010459_278551345625627_1860558120_n.jpg
    1527006_278551315625630_1252321178_n.jpg
    1484708_278551195625642_981151842_n.jpg
    1521653_278551382292290_2086365158_n.jpg
    1560733_278551518958943_586976111_n.jpg
    1530536_278595712287857_52548261_n.jpg

Default Re: My first Creed Purchase.. Fake?

Looks OK to me. Bottom line - if you're not happy with it, see if you can return it. Your satisfaction is what is important.

(3079)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Fragrancenet is legit..
    Maybe you can get the batch code from the person that you got the decant from and call Fragrancenet and see if they can swap it out

It's real. I think they changed the packaging... all the newer bottles/boxes look like yours.

I have yet to try Aventus (samples on the way) but if yours is only lasting an hour on you, I would definitely try to get your money back or swap it for something else. No fragrance is worth a couple hundred dollars if it only lasts an hour.
    "All the best perfumes in history have something that smells like garbage in them; that's what keeps drawing you back."

Hi & welcome, dsm1gb - there's a special thread here for this sort of question, so we'll merge this thread in order to keep all of the info. in one place.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/371...le-genuine-etc
    Thank you!
    Last edited by lpp; 16th January 2014 at 10:12 PM.

Basenotes Member

Thanks everyone I'll contact them, I hope they understand..I don't know if they will swap it. I do really
    Enjoy this batch but whats the point if I can't smell it. Do you think swapping would change it? Or should I just keep it and apply more?

If you're unhappy it may be best to ask for a refund - if you just spray more it's going to turn out a lot more costly than intended!

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    On a serious note.

If everyone could check their bottles of Creed for a tiny little detail I've never noticed before *IN the sprayer tube...

Does anyone see a ball that moves at the top? It seems to be right where the straw ends at the top and connects with the rest of the mechanism.

I just noticed that one of my bottles had that today.
    Here is an example.
    I've actually been curious about the little bb's or w/e. Is it to prevent leakage and/or air from getting into the bottle?

Also, when a frag is sprayed (typically?) are they designed to let air come IN the bottle? An exchange of fluid for air?
    (Formerly Jouho)

Quote Originally Posted by dsm1gb View Post
    Thanks everyone I'll contact them, I hope they understand..I don't know if they will swap it. I do really
    Enjoy this batch but whats the point if I can't smell it. Do you think swapping would change it? Or should I just keep it and apply more?
    You should ask others if they can smell it on you. I seriously doubt it's only lasting an hour. Also try spraying it on clothing... I bet it will last at LEAST a few days on clothes. Also don't spray so close to your nose (i.e. neck area). Try chest, inner elbows, wrists, abdomen, etc.

Default Aventus bottle fake? (30ml)

Hi just received this from amazon. Is this fake?
    What are opinions on 2013 batch?

Kostenlos Bilder hochladen
    Last edited by Briank; 20th January 2014 at 06:41 PM.

Default Re: Aventus bottle fake? (30ml)

Why do you think it's a fake, Briank?

I think you're good. I see the spray mechanism has the bb in the sprayer, I doubt the fakes have them... even the good ones.

I don't think it would even be worth faking the 1oz for counterfeiters to be honest.

P.S. You know you could have picked up a 1 oz decant for like $60-$65 right?

From where do you purchase at that price for 60-65

Quote Originally Posted by Briank View Post
    http://www.basenotes.net/forums/142-...e-Splits-Board

There are always splits of Aventus going on for awesome prices.

Default My Creed Aventus - fake or real?

My girlfriend purchased Aventus from quite a reputable store here in the Philippines and I am quite upset with the condition of the bottle. At the back, the black paper or layer of paint seems to be falling to bits, like I could easily wear the colour off. It hasn't been a week since I've had my bottle. The batch number is a42b11s01 and the juice seems to be good. I'm just a little concerned about the bottle. Could I have gotten a fake?
    Thanks so much for your input!

Default Re: My Creed Aventus - fake or real?

Hi dreadful & welcome!

We'll merge this thread with the existing one in order to keep the info. in one place!

Thanks.

Default Re: My Creed Aventus - fake or real?

Is anyone familiar wi Batch S42b13t01?

Its from a 4 oz bottle

Default Re: Aventus bottle fake? (30ml)

Hi just received this from amazon. Is this fake?
    What are opinions on 2013 batch?

Kostenlos Bilder hochladen
    Two comments:

Nice shoes.

Legit, no doubt.

i know that the green irish tweed i have is authentic, but i'm having some gripes about it.

the bottle smells less fresh than i remember the sample last year to be. there's less lemon verbena than i remember there to be. there's a good bit of iris and basil, giving it a woody-green vibe to it. it still has a freshness but not as much as i remember.

possible theories.
    1. my memory of it years ago was rosier than it is now
    2. a full spray from a full bottle is more accurate than a dabber on a sample
    3. it's winter time and the temperature won't bring out the best of this fragrance
    4. bad batch

any insight guys?

Anyone in the market for Aventus, just a heads up:

This is a fake

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Creed-Mi...16.m2518.l4276

It's the same box my fake came in and Napoleon isn't supposed to have a full head of hair haha

Question Is my Creed Himalaya Authentic?????

I bought this Creed from an someone who claims it to be authentic. I not real familiar with the creed bottles themselves so I can feel at ease that this is real. Some things that concern me is I see no batch number. From what Ive heard it should be located on the bottom rim at the bottom. Also the creed letters on the front looks like braille in some of the letters creed. I would expect the letters to be without any defects of that nature. The cap is clear I don't know if was a tester and just replaced with one. The Himalaya caps Ive seen is silver in color this is a 2.5 fl so I don't know if its suppose to be clear. The things that look real is the white rim around the top and how it sprays. So if someone can tell me if by the pictures that this bottle is authentic please do so thanks.
    Last edited by kevinl34; 30th January 2014 at 06:58 PM.

Default Re: Is my Creed Himalaya Authentic?????

To my untrained eyes, it looks like the cap has been replaced. It SHOULD have a batch number on the back of the bottle on the bottom brim, but I wouldn't know for sure because my bottle is 4oz and I don't own any 2.5oz other than Royal Oud. How does it smell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    KCCO!

That does look like a strange cap in the pics.

(3606)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Its kind of hard to say Ive never smelled Himalaya before. It kind of reminds me of a designer cologne, simply because I have a couple of creeds and it lacks those distinct characteristics of a creed cologne. I cant be for sure once again because I have never smelled it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

The seller just used some generic cap to avoid spillage during shipping..
    I do this also from time to time usually when I don't have the original cap..
    It seems fine.

Yes that could be the case on the cap. The batch number is a concern to me I cant seem to find it any were.

Default weird aventus smell

Ok, firstly, I'd like to apologise in advance for creating another Aventus thread, but had to bring this up to see if anyone else has had this experience.

I was in a dept store and they had a new tester bottle out, so decided to take a sniff, and instead of the pineapple note on top, I got what smelled more like a vicks vapour rub smell.

Not sure what the batch number was, but I'll check next time i'm in the store. Anyone else gotten that image from any Aventus batches?

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    It SHOULD have a batch number on the back of the bottle on the bottom brim, but I wouldn't know for sure because my bottle is 4oz

Mine which is the large size also has those markings, so I would think that regardless of the size there should be similar markings.

(3611)

Default Re: weird aventus smell

Hi!

There's an existing thread for these queries, so we'll merge them in order to keep all of the info. in one place.

Banned
    Blog Entries

This Creed is very low on longevity and projection..
    Don't expect it to be like Original Santal..

Quote Originally Posted by kevinl34 View Post
    Yes that could be the case on the cap. The batch number is a concern to me I cant seem to find it any were.
    Do you have recourse to return it if ultimately you are not happy with it?

(3613)

Hi kevinl34!

There's already a thread here about Creed authenticity, so we'll merge them in order to keep all of the info. in one place.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/371...67#post3058167
    Last edited by lpp; 30th January 2014 at 07:32 PM.

yes I can return it based on unhappiness but i would rather not if its real....

Ludicrous if you ask me , how can you say is fake and pay retail price for it and especially if gotten a LuckyScent...there are many variables regardless if gotten through gray market but to say Arabic lettering denotes fake is obsolete for there are those in English which are bona fide fakes but tubbing or crooked engraving unravels them ; what do you think that the people whom dedicate in fake contraband are sleeping on this and moderating so often to upgrading their skills...best test is knowing how an authentic juice smells then basing it on that plus all other prime indicators pointing at being fake or real....peace
    Last edited by magnus611; 30th January 2014 at 08:12 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Also.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Creed-Aventu...16.m2518.l4276

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    This Creed is very low on longevity and projection..
    Don't expect it to be like Original Santal..
    ^^ this

Creed Himalaya doesn't project or last, I'm surprised it's still in production to be honest.

I need to start selling on ebay......
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    I need to start selling on ebay......
    Haha, what does a 30 ml go for in your splits?

About $45.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Definitely authentic... Seen lots of fakes but never a 2.5 oz or a 1oz... Bottle might have been a tester and seller used a random spare cap to make it look more appetizing to a potential buyer. To most buyers of niche fragrances bottles having caps are a real positive.
    Also an explanation for unlabeled lot number would be some older bottles in my experiences like 7 or 8 years old or even older... had no visible lot number markings on the bottle especially some older testers... That would explain longevity being down from the creed norm. My guess is you have an older bottle of himalaya in your possession.

Default Fake Creeds from a very famous online store?

Hey guys, last week I received two Creeds from a VERY FAMOUS online store, I bought Millesime Imperial and Original Santal, but I'm in doubt if they are original, the name is in the end of the text to avoid that it take influence in your answer.

Let's go to the pics, I will try to show all details:

Original Santal:

This was the main responsable for my bad feelings!

*1) It came sealed in cellophane:

*2) The letters are diferent from all other Creed box I've seen:

Compare with my real GIT:

On the top of the box you can see that the Creed letters have a texture that in my box of GIT doesn't

The back of the box is diferent too

Here is the bottom:

*3) The card of James and Olivier portraits are diferent from the GIT and one real Aventus that I had, the size is diferent and the letters between the two portraits are diferent too:

*4) The inside part of the box has some red lines that indicates that the bottle left ink on the cardbox:

*5) Best evidence that I think is that the red part of the cap is not fixed it's possible to move 3║ to the left or the right:

* Other pic of the bottle:

Millesime Imperial

This one has the same problems of the Original Santal, but theres no lines colors inside of the box like OSand the logo plate of the cap is fixed.

Some pics of MI:

The store is:
    Beauty Encounter
    Last edited by ekobo; 6th February 2014 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Correct a pic link

Default Re: Fake Creeds from a very famous online store?

They look ok to me, but I'm no expert. If you feel they are not legit return them. Packaging changes all the time and recently Creeds has (thus a number of is my creed legit threads).

Have you smelled/tested either of them out? Do the smell last as reported?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Fake Creeds from a very famous online store?

They look fine to me also. Bottom line as suggested above, if you're not happy, return as your satisfaction is the most important.

(3871)