Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Default Re: Weird outer sleeve on Creed... yes, you guessed it... Aventus

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    I was scouring the net for a bottle of the Z01 batch of Aventus (mission accomplished).

But there is a weird sleeve on the box that I've never seen before..

Here's what it looks like:

Has anyone ever seen these before? It appears to just be a sleeve for the box.
    Insanely fake....
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Insanely fake....
    That's exactly what I was thinking too but the other details of the box look right.

Just that sleeve and the cellophane were red flags. I'm guessing they just made it like that for display.

Guess I'll soon find out for sure lol.

Have a search on here.......I'm sure I've seen that sleeve on a previous query thread.

Default Re: Creed Queries - is my bottle genuine?, etc.

Lucky scent is beyond reproach based on my experience. Based on their performance and your pictures, I'd say you got the real deal.

Default Is my Creed Aventus genuine?

Hi,

Sorry for yet another Creed Aventus thread - I am a noob and havent been able to find anything about this batch anywhere.

I got a 75ml bottle in a swap, brand new. Tried a spray and it smells good, but not exceptional as I had come to expect - I want to sell this, but need to make sure it is the real deal first.

It has Creed written on the sprayer, the bottle looks genuine - comes with the black box, business cards etc. The thing that got me wondering is the batch code - it says S042B13T01

Is this batch genuine?

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Is my Creed Aventus genuine?

Enjoy!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Why would it not be?

Tony T -> I had just read a lot about fake Creeds, and since I couldn't find any matches on the batch number on google, I was worried.

It's too bad, it really is a good scent, just doesn't work for me But thanks for confirming the originality.

Fake.

Email Creed to tell them people are dealing in dodgy gear rather than paying full price for their fragrances.

They might lower their prices so as to make it more readily available to the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by joe mcclaine View Post
    Fake.

Email Creed to tell them people are dealing in dodgy gear rather than paying full price for their fragrances.

They might lower their prices so as to make it more readily available to the general public.
    I wouldn't mind paying full price - but why should I pay full price, when I was able to trade some other bottles of fragrance, that I wasn't using for this Creed? Sorry - but your reply doesn't really make sense. I am just new in this hobby and wanted to know if my Creed was genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkguy View Post
    Hi,

Sorry for yet another Creed Aventus thread - I am a noob and havent been able to find anything about this batch anywhere.

I got a 75ml bottle in a swap, brand new. Tried a spray and it smells good, but not exceptional as I had come to expect - I want to sell this, but need to make sure it is the real deal first.

It has Creed written on the sprayer, the bottle looks genuine - comes with the black box, business cards etc. The thing that got me wondering is the batch code - it says S042B13T01

Is this batch genuine?

Thanks in advance
    Sorry I can't vouch for the batch as I personally don't put too much credence into those numbers. If the smell is fine to you and you got it new but aren't happy and want to sell it, I would just sell it and just see what kind of response you get from the eventual buyer.

(2341)
    Last edited by hednic; 30th December 2013 at 05:30 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

It doesn't pop up in check fresh, but it doesn't mean is fake, it just means that this particular batch number hasn't been shared with this site's data base is my intelligent guess but can't confirm that this is the case here for certain...
    Last edited by magnus611; 30th December 2013 at 06:54 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Hi!
    Please note that this thread is being merged with the 'Creed Queries - is my bottle genuine?, etc., sticky thread
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/371...le-genuine-etc

Everybody please stick to the topic of 'Creed Queries'.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by lpp; 30th December 2013 at 09:35 PM.

Default Has GIT been reformulated?

I found an older bottle of GIT in my cubboard and I noticed that the scent is significantly different when compared to my more recent versions. The opening is less green and the hissing violet note is almost missing in the newer versions. The basenotes are more sweet and much more amber laden in the actual formulation when compared to my older bottle. It's still good but I like the older version much more. Has someone noticed that too? Is it a reformulation or is it just a batch number thing?

Default Re: Has GIT been reformulated?

Probably just a batch thing... how old is your older bottle? Maybe it changed some over time?

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I found an older bottle of GIT in my cubboard and I noticed that the scent is significantly different when compared to my more recent versions. The opening is less green and the hissing violet note is almost missing in the newer versions. The basenotes are more sweet and much more amber laden in the actual formulation when compared to my older bottle. It's still good but I like the older version much more. Has someone noticed that too? Is it a reformulation or is it just a batch number thing?
    Creed uses natural ingredients, as such they change over time faster than synthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Probably just a batch thing... how old is your older bottle? Maybe it changed some over time?
    I don't know. Maybe 8-10 Years. The new one was bought this Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I don't know. Maybe 8-10 Years. The new one was bought this Year.
    That's a pretty long time... since you said you just found it, I'm assuming it was just sitting there and aging so it's hard to imagine that it didn't change at all over this time. There was a recent thread lost in the Huddler talking about Creed aging, in particular with GIT. I'm not sure if it's a real thing, but I believe they said it got deeper/stronger in as little as 6 months, which is much less time than how long yours has been aging. This combined with the batch variations are probably what account for the differences you're experiencing.

I used to wear it in the 90's - it's quite different now, much 'cheaper' smelling, more synthetic, possibly because there was some sandalwood used back before it disappeared and who knows what else . . . the key synthetic ingredients have stayed the same, the aroma-chemicals that create the 'signature', but some depth and warmth has gone - basically it feels thinner, somehow incomplete, to me now.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 31st December 2013 at 07:25 AM.

I would guess that there might have been some changes, perhaps only minute though over the years, but not sure. Could just be a batch thing.

(2372)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

That's a pretty long time... since you said you just found it, I'm assuming it was just sitting there and aging so it's hard to imagine that it didn't change at all over this time. There was a recent thread lost in the Huddler talking about Creed aging, in particular with GIT. I'm not sure if it's a real thing, but I believe they said it got deeper/stronger in as little as 6 months, which is much less time than how long yours has been aging. This combined with the batch variations are probably what account for the differences you're experiencing.
    Hmm. If the juice in the old bottle changed over time I would not expect the fleeting top notes to be more prominent. But who knows....

Hi!
    As there is already a Creed Batch Queries thread this one is being merged in order to keep all of the info. together.
    Thanks!

Hey guys, could y'all check if my Aventus is real, the box looks different.
    batch no. A42B13R01

IMAG0095.jpgIMAG0096.jpgIMAG0097.jpgIMAG0098.jpgIMAG0099.jpgIMAG0100.jpgIMAG0101.jpg
    Last edited by abishekjamez; 31st December 2013 at 04:25 PM.

Looks just like my box. What's different about it?

There is no 1860 bellow the creed in the front and it does not say Eau De Parfum below Milliseme.
    Btw batch no. A42B13R01

Mine says 1760 below Creed on the front, it doesn't say Eau de Parfum anywhere. I've read that Creed make small changes to their packaging all the time, so I wouldn't worry. How does it smell? Where did you purchase it?

I have a somewhat unrelated question. Does anyone know how much Creed was priced in the 90s? I would like to know how they increased the prices through the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbush Ave View Post
    I have a somewhat unrelated question. Does anyone know how much Creed was priced in the 90s? I would like to know how they increased the prices through the years.
    Around 2002 retail price for a 4oz Creed was $180. Fast forward roughly a decade, and they now retail for $315. What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Around 2002 retail price for a 4oz Creed was $180. Fast forward roughly a decade, and they now retail for $315. What a joke.
    Might be $330 USD retail price for 120 ml frags such as Aventus and Green Irish Tweed.

Wasn't there a price raise... last year or something? From $285 or $315 or?
    (Formerly Jouho)

So my unicorn Z01 bottle of Aventus came today... Completely FAKE.

They took a real box and put rubbing alcohol in the bottle.

Live and learn! lol

So my unicorn Z01 bottle of Aventus came today... Completely FAKE.

They took a real box and put rubbing alcohol in the bottle.

Live and learn! lol
    Where did you purchase this from?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by catlettsl View Post
    Where did you purchase this from?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Got it from eBay.

I should say the box was authentic, they just put a fake bottle in and the stuff smelled like 'royal rubbing alcohol'... a new top note that Erwin brewed up.

Got it from eBay.

I should say the box was authentic, they just put a fake bottle in and the stuff smelled like 'royal rubbing alcohol'... a new top note that Erwin brewed up.
    Can you post pics? This may help other people know what to avoid in the future...

Can you post pics? This may help other people know what to avoid in the future...
    I'll try to put some up later but there's no lot number where it should be on the bottle, the font it too thick on the label and the dead giveaway was the cap.

The crest on the top looks like it was painted with dull silver model airplane paint.

Basenotes Plus

There are two things you do not buy on eBay - EVER - Creed and Chanel. These two are the absolutely most duped fragrance houses ever. Buy only from Creed/Chanel direct, or from a reputable retailer or online vendor that specializes in fragrances. Someone normally selling car tires or baby strollers or fishing rods, "on the side" pushing Creed or Chanel - these are 99.9999999999999999% of the time guaranteed to be fakes.

Most of the time I know better but seeing the lot # on the box and the price, I had to grab it.

I'll get my $$ back though.

Hey guys,

I got my second bottle of Aventus for Christmas. Having never had the 4oz bottle before I have a question?

Is the black paint behind the "CREED" logo known to chip or wear off? I think the paint is on the interior of the bottle as I have tried gently scraping it off to see if I caught it with my nail but it seems to be unaffected by this.

I am unsure due to the logo being transparent on the smaller bottle I had.

Im 99% my bottle is real, I have the white under the atomiser and matching batch numbers:A42B13R01.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmor View Post
    Hey guys,

I got my second bottle of Aventus for Christmas. Having never had the 4oz bottle before I have a question?

Is the black paint behind the "CREED" logo known to chip or wear off? I think the paint is on the interior of the bottle as I have tried gently scraping it off to see if I caught it with my nail but it seems to be unaffected by this.

Im 99% my bottle is real, I have the white under the atomiser and matching batch numbers:A42B13R01.
    pics?

Hey guys,

Take a look at a post of mine, http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...=1#post3008282

My R01 might be chipped off some, and I've maybe actually chipped off some of my Z01 with a finger nail.

(Formerly Jouho)

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Take a look at a post of mine, http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...=1#post3008282

My R01 might be chipped off some, and I've maybe actually chipped off some of my Z01 with a finger nail.

Ah thanks, that puts my mind at ease. Oddly the chipping seems to be almost in the exact same place.

Got it from eBay.

So many fakes on ebay not worth the risk. File a claim and get your $ back.

Default Received my Creed OS from fragrancenet

Hey everyone that saw my last thread I got my orginal santal package today from fragrancenet and everything seems fine but being the way I am and always suspicious I have a few things I need to ask and comment on for good purpose. There is a lot number on the bottom of the box on a sticker that reads A41A12J01 and is engraved on the back/bottom of the 4oz bottle. I did a little research and im assuming this is a January 1st 2012 batch? The creed engraving on top of the sprayer is a little crooked and not aligned with the atomizer. Is this normal? The atomizer is all white by the way if that matters. Some happy comments hopefully I drive myself crazy with this stuff lol.

Default Re: Received my Creed OS from fragrancenet

Does the cap easily come off? I purchased Original Santal at the Creed boutique in NY and the cap needs a good tug to come off. Where as the Virgin Island Water I purchased from fragrancenet comes off with not nearly as much effort. That is the only thing I noticed, but I would say fragrancenet sells authentic Creed. I also noticed the picture of Creed seems a bit more zoomed in VIW than the Original Santal Creed picture.

Production date 2012....enjoyBtw, creeds are known for Amazing atomizer sprayers but their caps always are not tight pressed, some are Just more loose then others, no big deal if you ask me but i guess it be nice if they were tight enough to be able to swing it around holding the cap...for those who enjoy that kind of thing...lol !!!
    Last edited by magnus611; 10th January 2014 at 05:22 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Do the codes on the box and the bottle match? They should...

Fragrancenet doesn't sell fakes. And the caps for a lot of Creed bottles fit loosely, regardless of where they're purchased from. That's a typical trait.

I just opened my package about 40 minutes ago and took the bottle out. The first time I pulled the cap off it took me about 6-8 seconds because it seemed like it was really on there. I have been pulling it on and off and is getting a little easier to pop off. Depends im doing it now and it does take a bit of a precise tug I cant just flick it off. When I put the cap on it doesn't slide on I have to press it down to feel a little pump until its securely on.

yup! same code on the bottom/ back rim of the bottle. I also watched a video on youtube from frag reviewer kerosene. Checked a few things he pointed out such as pulling off the atomizer to check if there is a white rubbery ring in there which there is so that's good. He mentioned where the batch code placement is and that's good. He demonstrated with a fake and a real bottle as to how the sprays come out. Real creed you have to actually press down and you can feel it pump out and see the "Death Spray" haha. The fake creed just had a quick spritz. Mine is the pumping feeling. Looks like a shower head spraying out a huge mist when I sprayed it about 3 or 4 times to be sure. Also the fakes atomizer tube that he had is crooked rather than the real one smoothly leading down to the corner of the bottle. My bottle passed all the tests!

Enjoy!

There's a sticky thread for this.

Mods, can we please move this into the "Creed - is my bottle genuine " thread?

I just noticed there is a tiny little sharp needle looking stud sticking out of the corner of the top of the cap.... I could cut myself with it if I struck my skin with it fast enough hmmm the heck?

Do you have any idea if this is a good batch? I have heard the infamous creed batch variation issue.

I still have to test this out, but I sprayed on my hand about an hour or so ago and I don't know if its just me or I cant smell it anymore or have to dig deep to get the whiff

What's with all the fragrancenet Creed threads O.P.?
    We merged some yesterday.
    Good idea timdoeswell.

Any further fragrancenet Creed threads will be deleted on sight unless there's some amazing revelation previously unknown to man.
    Last edited by lpp; 10th January 2014 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dacipher View Post
    Does the cap easily come off? I purchased Original Santal at the Creed boutique in NY and the cap needs a good tug to come off. Where as the Virgin Island Water I purchased from fragrancenet comes off with not nearly as much effort. That is the only thing I noticed, but I would say fragrancenet sells authentic Creed. I also noticed the picture of Creed seems a bit more zoomed in VIW than the Original Santal Creed picture.

That's not an indicator if it's fake it not. All of my Creed bottles are from Neimans for 10+ years and all have varying degrees of craftsmanship, including caps that are loose.

Fragrancenet doesn't sell fakes

THIS JUST IN! I checked my fragrancenet box that my creed fragrance came I today, and I made a ridiculous discovery. I looked through the paper packaging that protects and holds everything together and made a discovery. A wild boar jumped out with an antenna sticking out of its left ear started speaking to me like wookie from star wars and proceeded to deficate but instead of feces there were hersheys kisses coming from its deficating cavity! I was very pleased and contacted fragrancenet to get the scoop on this. They were explaining to me that this is a test item they are starting to send a complimentary gifts with any creed fragrance purchase I advice everyone take advantage if they plan on purchasing creed frags and do it now because this is an opportunity you wouldn't want to pass up!...................Haha just kidding moderator!

Not sending Creed products out as special gifts with Hersheys purchases any more then?