Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Sunday 17 November 2013

Hi all - have a lovely day!

Ore - Slumberhouse.

slumberhouse-ore-extrait.jpg

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Sunday 17 November 2013

'morning..

L'Artisan Amour Nocturne from a sample. Superbly smooth and cozy..

Have a nice Sunday
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Blog Entries

Morning all!

Sheer Obsession again for work today.

Edit; Sea Roses, l meant to thank you for the lovely videos you posted the other day. Mixalis is another of my favourite Greek singers; a beautiful voice!
    Last edited by teardrop; 17th November 2013 at 10:24 AM.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Happy Sunday - hope you are all well and chilling!

I am resurrecting a bottle of Loulou that I haven't worn in
    ages. I had forgotten how lovely and festive this little,
    blue bottle was.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Hello all!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    I am resurrecting a bottle of Loulou that I haven't worn in
    ages. I had forgotten how lovely and festive this little,
    blue bottle was.
    Kewart I recently discovered Loulou and yes, the packing is charming. It's a wonderful fragrance.

SOTD is Balenciaga Cristobal. Best to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Good afternoon!

Still more Amouage Fate Woman!

for swap/sale:

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Good morning all, I'm once again in FdO and off to Mom's to cope with whatever the day brings.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Good afternoon!

Still more Amouage Fate Woman!
    Hi everyone,

Hedonist you have me curious will have to seek it out, glorious pic btw some of my favourite things beautifully captured.

A bit of a whirlwind holiday but fantastic to get away. Sunburnt toes of all things and a couple hundred emails to welcome me home. Digital sabbatical = marathon email catch up session. For the moment I’m ignoring it all and catching up on BN goings on.

30 Roses it’s a heartbreaking situation to be in (hugs) my thoughts are with you.

Kalli hope your move went smoothly, and get your good self over to Chanel already, now we have you in the No. 5 club you must get to sniffing Bois de Îles and others in the Excluifs line.

ErinK my Kelly Calèche is a light browny/golden colour maybe the pink is a recent development or just photo lighting.

Sea Roses nice to see you back! Have to PM you. Will do it soon.

ExtremeK missed the heck out of not seeing you on SotD! Photos next time, I put myself on a digit sabbatical not even my iPhone made it, just watercolours for a spot of painting and proper books.

Evangeline I love Bill Maher! Real Time is a favourite.

Most of me is in Cuir de Russie, toes are slathered with Aloe Vera gel. Tonight the melange of florals tempered with a smooth sexy leather, wisps of smoke and a hints of salty sun kissed skin is olfactory heaven.

TAP.jpg

Have a great day everyone.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

You make me curious, too, hedonist. So much love for it? Perfumed associations?
    I haven't noticed your signature until now, Xscent!
    No. 5 EdT and Liu on a wrist to compare.
    No. 5 and I have a strange relationship. First of all, I'm not a Chanel fanboy. The old extrait (I have a well preserved bottle) is wonderful but very faint on my skin. The current parfum is rather terrible. A shame IMO! I have always preferred the Lutens myrrh twist over No. 5 EdP. Now, the current No. 5 EdT splashed on my chest is the way to go among the current. It has a more distanced, restrained feel to it and I get occasional whiffs a half-day long.

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone! All the snow we had melted last week with the warm weather, but it's white again this morning.

Wearing Tom Daxon Crushing Bloom, with notes of lily of the valley, cardamom, pink pepper, black pepper, rose, jasmine sambac, iris, oakmoss, vetiver and silken musks. Very interesting floral, one minute it seems like it's mainly an iris fragrance, then it switches to more jasmine, then to rose. I like it, it's a very pretty floral and just a little woody with a touch of musk.

Have a nice Sunday!

Welcome back (((Xscent))) , where did you go?

Thought you must have run off to Broome to get some Nick Papasley pearls to go with your Chanel bottles!

SOTD is Gardenia Grand Soir by the ever beautiful in soul and heart Pierre as it seemed just right for church today!

(((Teardrop))) you are a darling re Michalis (he actually is now part time in London YAYYYYYYYYY ) But of course every August he is in Zakynthos where he should be!

So this is for you Teardrop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--ZaaShJgpg

Have a wonderful and blessed sunday everyone one!

searoses
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

Bel Canto by Galimard
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    You make me curious, too, hedonist. So much love for it? Perfumed associations?
    I haven't noticed your signature until now, Xscent!
    No. 5 EdT and Liu on a wrist to compare.
    No. 5 and I have a strange relationship. First of all, I'm not a Chanel fanboy. The old extrait (I have a well preserved bottle) is wonderful but very faint on my skin. The current parfum is rather terrible. A shame IMO! I have always preferred the Lutens myrrh twist over No. 5 EdP. Now, the current No. 5 EdT splashed on my chest is the way to go among the current. It has a more distanced, restrained feel to it and I get occasional whiffs a half-day long.
    Thanks Larimar I love Katharine, the perfect mix of beauty, smarts and mischief. Have you tried the older EdP? I enjoy the current EdT too and find the older EdP wonderful, full bodied and lush though I tend to spray with abandon. Mine is pre 2000 so this could be a factor.

Sea Roses while I have an Opera length strand of pearls, I would have had to mortgage my soul for it to be a Papsley strand. I actually use my Chanel bottles to hang some of my necklaces and bracelets, it makes for a pretty vignette, my no.5 is currently draped in a very sparkly diamond cuff

Have a wonderful day/evening all!

Good morning, everyone!

It's been a pretty great day already, perfume-wise. I had such a nice run earlier in Bulgari Eau Parfumée Au Thé Rouge - that softly spicy tea note was just sensational on this cool and damp morning. And now I'm in a sublime cloud of vintage Miss Dior, 60s parfum and edt.

Y'all have a great day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Sunday 17 November 2013

from samples
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Many thoughts and positive vibes to 30R and mama.

Nice to see you back, Xscent. How was your vacation?

Had to start my morning dealing with a dead raccoon on the driveway: I called the mayor who is our next door neighbor and she advised to call 911. The dispatcher said they would send someone right away and now three hours later it is gone, it was a humongous one, about 30 pounds.

In Jean Marc Sinan.

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    Thanks Larimar I love Katharine, the perfect mix of beauty, smarts and mischief. Have you tried the older EdP? I enjoy the current EdT too and find the older EdP wonderful, full bodied and lush though I tend to spray with abandon. Mine is pre 2000 so this could be a factor!
    Yes, Xscent, I have (had) several. I have some of G.'s much loved 80s EdP. I certainly like it, but the EdP has a richness and heftiness that I like better in La Myrrhe (have done the wrist comparison), where the sweetness and opulence pulls back gradually in favor of a wonderful (dry) myrrh.

Basenotes Plus

Union's Quince, Mint, and Moss today from a sample. Probably best as a spring/summer scent as it's pretty light for cooler temps.

L'Eau d'Hiver by Malle for me today.

Working again today, not wearing anything yet, but just had to pop on to say hello to everyone.

Also to give 30R a giant hug. All I can offer is prayers for you. It sounds like such a difficult time! I know I've said it before, but please remember to care for yourself while you care for your mother. Try not to completely wear yourself out!

Welcome back XScent! Sunburnt toes! I once completely burnt the tops of my feet, so I feel your pain.

I'm going to try and go through all my samples from Chicago and get them in order and organized. I've go soooo many samples but I picked up boxes and things from IKEA to organize them in my new dressing room. Now I just have to put the rest of the furniture together to go into there.

Hope you're all having a wonderful day!

Blog Entries

Evening all,

Sea Roses, thank you so much for the beautiful song & the gorgeous images of Greece! l just had a fabulous mini holiday in my head just watching that.

(((Roses)))

Wearing Samsara this evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hindu Grass by Nasomatto.

(((30 Roses))), I just want you to know that I'm thinking of both you and your mom -- and I think it's incredibly loving and compassionate of you to give her as much independence and dignity as you can for as long as you can. You're a wonderful daughter. And do remember to care for yourself, too, as busy as you are caring for everyone else. xxxooo

kalli, I hope your move is going well and that you've found your towels and favorite fragrances -- a fragrant hot bath does wonders to right yourself in the midst of moving chaos.

Xscent, I missed you, too! Your pre-opera oyster-fest had me salivating again. But my goodness, your poor toes! Like elizrj, I've sunburned the tops of my feet and toes all to heck -- I put as much sunblock on them now as I do my face! What did you read while on holiday?

I completely spoiled myself this morning with a facial and then a new pair of good sunglasses -- the ones I bought at the convenience store on the way to Kansas City a year and a half ago finally bit the dust. Seriously. I bought them at Quik-Trip. And of course they lasted longer than nearly any pair I've ever had. Best $12.99 I've spent in a long time. Now I'll be all nervous about the new ones. But it's my first pair of polarized, and I do like them a lot.

Today is more Parfumerie Generale -- this time Bois Blond. I tested this one last spring, I think, and it was OK, but today it was fantastic! Smoky, sweet (of course), and this weirdly awesome malty-oaty thing. I didn't care for it before, but in the drier autumn, it's just perfect. Today was one of those BRIGHTLY sunny, mild late autumn days, where the leaves are off all but the oak trees, and all the grass has gone yellow, and BOY, did Bois Blond fit the day. And when I read this review, http://olfactoriastravels.com/2011/0...le-bois-blond/, I have to say, she nailed it.

Now for a walk, then I'm making homemade chicken pot pie (but with store-bought crust -- sorry, Twolf!! ), then some work in advance of the avalanche to come this week.

Hugs to you all.

Basenotes Plus

Tried a few samples from my bag of loot gotten at the Chicago meet up last month.
    Silver Iris - boring & reminds me of the uber-aggresive sales person at Neiman Marcus
    Mon Numero 10 - lovely sample compliments of Glen, the fragrance godfather. Beautiful scent but reminds me of many I already own & love.
    MCDI - Chypre Palatin is stunning! Not so "chypre" though. Reminds me of a richer version of Chamade, which I adore.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

summer means fireflys

I'm testing April Aromatics Calling All Angels today. This starts with a BIG blast of incense, but quickly relaxes into a very calm, fuzzy beeswax and wood comfort scent. Oh, the incense is there in the background, but just adding a bit of smokiness ... this is very interesting and I think my favorite of the April Aromatics line (at least of the ones I've tested.)

Notes: Incense, Labdanum, Tonka Bean, Vanilla Accord, Benzoin, Elemi Resin, Frankincense, Amber Accord, Honey Accord, Precious Woods Accord, Opoponax, Rose Otto.

Happy Sunday and hugs to all ...

I've trademarked the color bleu

shades, congrats to you and your Jayhawks yesterday I know it's been a long season. The Big Red faithful are continuing to struggle with accepting that the 90s are over. And that the balance of football power has shifted south and perhaps west.

I'm continuing to lemming Parfumerie Generale. I'm becoming quite the PG fan girl. I'm like Evangeline and her Chanels. Seriously, though, Parfumerie Generale is hitting all the right notes (hehehehe) for me this fall. Goodness. This evening I'm back in Tonkamande, and mixed in with the tonka and the almond is that malty-oaty thing I mentioned before with Bois Blond. The notes lists on Luckyscent say it's "wheat", but having grown up around the stuff, I can tell you it's more like malt/oats than wheat. But whatever. It's awesome again. GAH! I may have 2 more PGs on my full bottle Wishlist.

Twolf, how did I miss 30lb dead raccoon? Holy moly! And EWWWW! But perhaps more interesting -- I wonder what got it? I'm glad someone disappeared it for you.
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 18th November 2013 at 02:46 AM. Reason: I think I definitely need those new reading glasses….

Twolf Dead racoon! That’s a different way to start the morning. I was in Fiji and Bali for a bit of whirlwind inspection of potential wedding venues for my sister. I think we settled on Bali and it’s a battle between three so we are heading back again in January to make a final decision. It was wonderful I highly recommend unplugging, so liberating not being tied to my iPhone.

ExtremeK hello gorgeous! Toes are looking much better now I’ve painted them in a happy colour too. I finished of the brick that is War and Peace (again) and a really interesting one by Daniel Kahnneman ‘Thinking Fast and Slow’ (I really enjoyed this one) and two by Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Antifragile and The Black Swan. I’m an avid reader and in a non fiction stretch at the moment. You need to a vacation down in Oz I’ll ply you with oysters and champagne or I’ll come house hunting in Vermont. I’m in NY June 2014 maybe a side trip is in order.

Larimar thanks for the tip. I might go track down some La Myrrhe, I love my No.5 (maybe even as much as G) and would love to try others in the same vein.

Okay back to the perfume crossing into the XY territory and in Habit Rouge for the day. Every time I see one of the guys post it as SotD I think 'I wish someone would wear that around me’, so I’m going to wear it it myself. Problem solved. Though I would still like to get an occasional whiff of someone else wearing this one in the ‘wild’.

Elirzj for you from the Dior 2010 collection perfect ladies Habit Rouge outfit, crop and all! I think between us we need to pull something similar together and crack that whip.

gyi0059402407.jpg
    Last edited by Xscent; 17th November 2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Can't get my pics to work

Hey y'all -

I'm in By Killian Rose Oud this evening ...have a good night!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Evening all,

Tonight I am wearing Vohina as it is like being wrapped up in sunshine.

Have a lovely evening everybody

sea roses
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Xeryus tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for my mother.

Today the caregiver told me that recently Mom seriously upset a woman on the elevator by making reference to the woman's "dog".
    She had no dog. It was her baby.

I don't think she actually thought the child was a dog, nor was she being derogatory. I'm sure she just couldn't find the right word, which is one of the things that happens more and more as dementia worsens.

And yet she seemed okay today, enjoyed the movie we watched, and her meals.

Tomorrow I have to cover again for another 5 hours or so while the caregiver makes necessary trips to several govenment agencies.

SL La Myrrhe is wonderful, too bad it is not that easy to come by. Or affordable. That said, it is worth every pretty penny they sell it for. Huge huge fan of both La Myrrhe and Herr L.

30R., you are absolutely right, it is hard to find a word. Or, sometimes, to not stick to one word or another. I see it every day.

LOL at RHM's pushy SAs.

Going to sleep in Bois 1920 Le Voluttuose La Vaniglia.

I rounded the day off in style with Vega.
    Xscent, Vega and Liu belong there, too, but I assume you know them already. Vega is my favorite, although it is more like sitting between Cuir de Russie Parfum and Bois des Iles with most prominent ylang-ylang for me.
    I love you, too, Wolfie

Larimar and Twolf you are both big sweethearts. Vega, very nice, style a plenty! I'm just going to sit next Larimar for now. I'll be in Europe next year so I'll be playing my respects and suspect I'll be happily handing over wads of the folding stuff at the Houses of Guerlain, Lutens, Caron and Chanel.

Went for a run so now in Bois Des îles parfum for the evening.

464f236f9a5a4954b0404dd83528f533.jpg

Roses (((hug))) tomorrow will be better.
    Last edited by Xscent; 18th November 2013 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Hugging Roses

Xscent,Larimar,

Its typically Amouage in that its larger than life and just very Amouage but with that Amouage accord (incense/oud/resin) that we're used to.

for swap/sale: