Code of Conduct

Default Have i made a right choice

Hi All,

I was pondering over 5 fragrances for the past one week
    L'anarchiste, Gendarame, YSL la nuit de l'homme , He wood rocky mountain and Boucheron Jaipur homme edp. After severe brain storming i decided to go ahead with l'anarchiste and boucheron jaipur homme EDP. If you were to choose in those 5 which two would you have picked.
    Just curious to know.

Cheers!!!

Default Re: Have i made a right choice

From that list I would go for La Nuit & Jaipur Homme Edp.

I'd go with your original ideas. Jaipur is a no-brainer, great frag.

Jaipur homme and Lanuit del homme...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

l'Anarchiste and Boucheron Jaipur Homme EDP.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

I think you made great choices. I own and love Jaipur Homme edp especially.

BRILLIANT choices IMO ;-)
    Se son fiori fioriranno ...

Congratulations for your choices. My preferences would have been quite similar to the ones aforementioned on this thread: Jaipur Homme EDP, closely followed by YSL La Nuit.

I would go with lanuit and jaipur.

Blog Entries

I think you made good choices. There's still something about La nuit that I really like, though...
    Check out my personal blog: http://stayathomedadfindsacologne.com

"Perfume and incense make the heart glad..."

-Proverbs 27:9

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Those would probably be my choices as well... but we can only tell you what we would choose, and our choices are based on what each of us likes. But we're not you. The ONLY correct answer to your question is this: which two would you wear the most and enjoy the most?
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

I would choose He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood. But like LHBI mentioned, only you will know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    +2 Agreed. Jaipur Homme is an awesome scent not to be missed. I prefer the La Nuit in EDP strength.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Those would probably be my choices as well... but we can only tell you what we would choose, and our choices are based on what each of us likes. But we're not you. The ONLY correct answer to your question is this: which two would you wear the most and enjoy the most?
    Well what you say is right. But a consistent opinion about the type of perfume to choose makes you feel that you have made a right choice. When most of the people have given thumbs up for jaipur homme edp , i feel glad that i selected it.

From your list I own L'Anarchiste and Jaipur EDT.
    I guess that would have been the way I would have gone, given I went that way.
    Regards,
    Renato.

P.S. When are you going to buy the other three?

Jaipur EDP is the nicest fragrance I have ever smelt in my life - so opulent and lasts forever. Be warned though there has been talk of it being reformulated so my advice is to try and seek out a bottle that looks like this:

And not this:

The former is old stock, the majority of the bottle is frosted and it says "Paris" under the Boucheron logo. The latter (which I suspect is the reformulated one that people have been talking about) has no frosting anywhere on the bottle and the "Paris" part is missing from the front logo.

Reviewers elsewhere have stated that the reform has crap longevity, smells synthetic and thin - I own the frosted bottle and can categorically state that it lasts forever with a couple of sprays, smells dense and real with excellent silage and projection.

Also, La Nuit is an excellent frag that reeks of quality and versatility.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW - You can check the production date from the batch code (stamped on the lower back part of the bottle - 9 digits) here:

http://www.checkfresh.com/history.html

I've just checked my frosted bottle and it came back as being produced 2011-07-26.

Quote Originally Posted by 61824 View Post
    Jaipur EDP is the nicest fragrance I have ever smelt in my life - so opulent and lasts forever. Be warned though there has been talk of it being reformulated so my advice is to try and seek out a bottle that looks like this:

And not this:

The former is old stock, the majority of the bottle is frosted and it says "Paris" under the Boucheron logo. The latter (which I suspect is the reformulated one that people have been talking about) has no frosting anywhere on the bottle and the "Paris" part is missing from the front logo.

Reviewers elsewhere have stated that the reform has crap longevity, smells synthetic and thin - I own the frosted bottle and can categorically state that it lasts forever with a couple of sprays, smells dense and real with excellent silage and projection.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW - You can check the production date from the batch code (stamped on the lower back part of the bottle - 9 digits) here:

I've just checked my frosted bottle and it came back as being produced 2011-07-26.
    It looks like my joy is going to be short lived , in fact it would be gone even before the bottle comes. I have already placed this order on fragrancenet and i believe they would never have the vintage stock. I guess i need live with the reformulated one .

Quote Originally Posted by surileo View Post
    It looks like my joy is going to be short lived , in fact it would be gone even before the bottle comes. I have already placed this order on fragrancenet and i believe they would never have the vintage stock. I guess i need live with the reformulated one .
    Send it back if it's not the right formula, they will understand - plus you can check the batch without opening the box. There's still loads of vintage stock on eBay and elsewhere at the moment so don't dismay.

You have made the right choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    From your list I own L'Anarchiste and Jaipur EDT.
    I guess that would have been the way I would have gone, given I went that way.
    Regards,
    Renato.

P.S. When are you going to buy the other three?
    That is again going to be a tough decision as i will be comparing those three with few other perfumes to make a final decision. But this time before placing the order i would take the opinion of all the champion basenoters and then go ahead.

Cheers!!!

It appears another BNer has confirmed this too:

the frosted bottle as in the picture is the older-version, the newer ones come in clear bottle (style cube picture) How do i know? because I am on to my third bottle now, which is a refillable clear bottle - i bought this from Nordstrom in New York.

I wrote to Boucheron about it and they confirm that they have switched manufacturers/licensees hence the change in bottle - a side by side comparison between the new and old bottle, there were no differences in smell and was/is identical.

So in Short - Older Bottle (Frosted Sides)
    Newer Bottle (All Clear)
    He also states however that smells were identical, so that is something to ponder. I found the clarification for the removal of the "Paris" interesting, reminded me of what occurred with D&G when they went from Italian to German to British manufacture.

surileo - if you do get the clear bottle and decide to keep it it would be very interesting to see how it performs and whether all this reformulation hullabaloo is just another non-existent storm in an imaginary teacup.

Well what you say is right. But a consistent opinion about the type of perfume to choose makes you feel that you have made a right choice. When most of the people have given thumbs up for jaipur homme edp , i feel glad that i selected it.
    Be careful with that. I love basenotes and I've discovered the most amazing scents here, but there's no denying that a lot of groupthink happens on this forum. One of my most highly complimented scents would lose any debate on basenotes. And so, the question becomes: Which is more important to you? To own scents basenotes approves of, or to own scents people in real life love when they smell them on you? I'm not bashing basenotes. I'm just saying that the nose to trust is your own.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Banned
    Blog Entries

La Nuit and the Dsquared scent

And not this:

- - - Updated - - -

I got my bottles L'anarchiste and jaipur pour homme EDP. Never expected jaipur pour homme to be the old bottle that you refferred, As a matter of fact the bottle is frozen with the word paris right below boucheron. I am pretty excited now .

I got my bottles L'anarchiste and jaipur pour homme EDP. Never expected jaipur pour homme to be the old bottle that you refferred, As a matter of fact the bottle is frozen with the word paris right below boucheron. I am pretty excited now .
    Congratulations on your acquisitions! Two very nice scents. Enjoy them!
    (911)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Congratulations on your acquisitions! Two very nice scents. Enjoy them!
    (911)
    Thanks to all the guys out here who had some fantastic opinions!!!. No doubt, for fragrances basenotes is the pace to be.

Superb, great news my friend - enjoy the frag as its one of my favourites. Please post up your thoughts once you've given it a wear.

@surileo - what's your thoughts after some wear of this?

@surileo - what's your thoughts after some wear of this?

Sorry for the delay in responding as i was too busy with my work and below i have my review of L'anarchiste.
    I am no champ in dissecting the notes as some would do here on basenotes. I can only write what my nose tells me .
    Top notes is very much dominated by a mixture of citrus and vetiver and with a fair amount of metalic smell associtated with it.I am not sure if this metallic smell is due to the liquid being stored in a metalic container. Though the top notes is a bit strong, it fades away within 30 mits and this leads to soft musky and woody fragrance through rest of its stay.
    To me this is pretty much a verstaile and a very unique fragrance that can be worn round the year. The longevity is pretty good, projecting for almost 4 to 6 hours and after that it stays close to the skin.Even after 8 hours i can still smell it on my skin.It has a pretty decent silage as well.
    To me it is a must have in the collection if you are really crazy about unique scents.
    No of sprays to be worn. One each on your wrist and chest and two on to your neck (one at the front and the other being the nape of your neck).