Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 52 of 52
  1. #1

    Default S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Hi all - have a lovely day!

    Rose Etoile de Hollande - Mona di Orio - sample.

  2. #2

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Hello!
    Nice to be able to post on here again, thanks Grant and co.
    I am wearing Visa.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

  3. #3

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Good morning all! Hope your Monday is not too bumpy.

    I'm starting off the week in Jicky modern extrait and am having trouble ungluing my nose from my wrist ...

  4. #4

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Good morning lovelies

    My gorgeous Wuthering Heights weather has returned, so I am wearing Opium. I am sure Cathy would have enticed Heathcliff even more with this fragrance!

    My memories of Opium are as a little girl watching a singer absolutely mesmerized on television and saying to my mummy *mummy can you and daddy get him to be my husband when I grow up* to which she replied if that is what you still want when you are older of course sweetheart.

    That tambourine dance was so great to me...........that I emptied about a bottle of my mummys opium on myself and my parents never said a word as I danced around the house with a tambourine.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W0d9xMhZbo

    As time went by I still love this wonderful gentle man, but not in a *husband way* !

    Have a wonderful day everyone

    sea roses
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

  5. #5
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    11,205

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Good morning all !. Glad to be back and with a day off to recover. Norway was wonderful and the weather was kind, with blue skies predominating. Spent the last few days walking through pine forests, clambering up ski-jumps, winding around fjords on trains, and exploring Oslo, which never loses it's appeal even after numerous visits. Returned with some dangerously addictive cloudberry liqueur, goats cheese, and a replacement bottle of Geir. Back to grey and miserable dreich here.


    SotD is Ulrich Lang Nightscape.









    Relaxing with a little Grieg before returning to the grindstone tomorrow.







    Welcome back, ExtremeK !.


  6. #6

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    WELCOME BACK JON...........glad you had a great time..........but we missed you!

    searoses
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

  7. #7
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    80,743

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    L'Eau Du Caporal by L'Artisan
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  8. #8

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    hello all!
    ,
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Rochas - Globe

  9. #9

    Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Route du Vetiver




    Maître
    Parfumeur et
    Gantier


    Have all a lovely day
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

  10. #10

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Good morning, everyone!

    Some of you might recall that Tony and I were married just about three years ago ...tomorrow, to be exact, and we decided back then that it would be fun to have a little anniversary honeymoon each year at this time, so that's what we're doing. So no ballet or barre for me today - we're going to Brazil!!

    We're headed first to Rio for a few days of glitz to start things off...


    and then north to Bahia for a more peaceful tropical experience.


    We leave this afternoon, and I suppose I'll be seeing y'all in about twelve days or so! I'm in Beige for the flight, which I'll probably be sticking with for much of our time there, along with a few other beachy favorites. I've packed full bottles of Songes, Coco edt, Chantecaille Frangipane, Dune and Fragonard Belle de Soleil, so I think I've got everything covered, perfume-wise at least ...it's not necessary to cover everything where we're going, lol!

    Welcome home, Jon! So glad you had a grand time, but glad you're back to hold down the fort around here.

    Love your sweet story, Sea Roses - I can just imagine you twirling around and around with your jangly tambourine, wafting heady clouds of Opium! So cute.

    And Happy Birthday to MrT a day early. Please give him a big hug for me Wolfie, and a little birthday kiss, too! xo

    Y'all take care - até logo! xoxo
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

  11. #11
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    11,205

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Enjoy your trip, Mrs E - you will be missed.

    Fancy a cupcake or two before your departure ?





    (Thank you Sea Roses )

  12. #12

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Dior Homme Intense

  13. #13
    DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

    kbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Big Blue Marble
    Posts
    18,183
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Sounds wonderful Evangeline!

    Xeryus Rouge this morning.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

  14. #14

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Enjoy your trip, Mrs E - you will be missed.

    Fancy a cupcake or two before your departure ?
    Why yes, thank you - they look divine! If you don't mind I'll take a few extras, just in case Tony wants one, hehe.

    Thanks again, Jon - you're the best! xo

    And thanks to kbe, too - I love it when you're moved speak!!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

  15. #15

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Oh, E!!! Congrats on the 3 years!! Ours is next month, also three years!. Wow, Brazil huh? Heard it's really something to see. Ahh, and it's about the right time too cause it's warmer south of the equator now. Take lots of pics and have fun with your true love.

    Moving is going alright. Soooo glad to be out of that last apartment. I could say so many *bad* experiences with that place!!! I mean, just awful, awful. Cops were called more than once to that place. Even drug dealers showed up at our apt mistaking our place for another..I really could write a page or two on just how awful that place was.

    Glad to be out and in a bit better of a place. A little bit bigger too....so a bit more space to put all of our junk, LOL.

    Smelling of Lilas by YR, testing it out.

    Hugs to all!
    $25 or less clearance sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/390...othing-over-25!!

    "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18

  16. #16
    Basenotes Plus
    Kiliwia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    5,253

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Good morning, everyone!

    Sounds like you had a wonderful trip, Jon, welcome back!

    Evangeline, a very Happy Anniversary to you and Tony! Have an amazing trip, it sounds very romantic to me!

    Hugs to all members in the Midwest affected by the tornadoes this weekend, hoping you're all safe.

    Wearing Givenchy Organza Indecence this morning, the 2007 version. Love the cinnamon, plum and amber, very good stuff!





    Hoping you all have a great start to the week! xoxo

  17. #17

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Glad I checked in before heading to bed.

    Happy, Happy, Happy Anniversary Evangeline! Your trip sounds amazing as does your Tony. Bon Voyage, safe travels and fabulous fragrance selection btw. Will miss your cheery posts.

    Welcome back Jon beautiful pics as always.

    Kalli glad to hear you are in a better place, as they say a change is as good as a holiday and no cops being called is a BIG bonus.

    Still in the cosy Bois de îles. Have a wonderful Monday everyone.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

  18. #18

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Frankincense - Myrrh - Rose Maroc {perfume oil}
    by Regina Harris

    Enjoy your day!





    I have no idea why 'thumbnail' link appears and any pic's posted won't show up. And when I go to edit out the mess, can't do that either! grrrr.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Meow7; 18th November 2013 at 05:37 PM.

  19. #19

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Thanks Xscent, so many bad stories I could tell.

    I think I need to try that Bois de IIes after several of you seem to have stated that you liked it.
    $25 or less clearance sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/390...othing-over-25!!

    "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18

  20. #20
    Basenotes Junkie ErinK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    756

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Hello everyone!

    I just got through reading the weekend's SOTD threads. Big hugs to (((30 Roses))), your sweet mama is so fortunate to have you looking after her so dearly. Kalli, so glad your move went well and you are settling into a new place! Also, yes, you must try Bois des Iles if it even remotely sounds like something you would enjoy. I waited forever to try it, finally did, and think I could wear it every day and never tire of it.

    Evangeline, happy anniversary!! Your trip sounds a-maz-ing and I hope you and Tony have the best time and a safe trip! Hope you take some pics to show us upon your return!

    Jon, I am also sitting here green with envy over your trip. It sounds like it was absolutely wonderful!

    No news here; relaxing weekend with Jay, we cooked and napped and watched movies and caught up on The Blacklist. The community theater is currently doing a production of The Wizard of Oz and we enjoyed that on Saturday as well. (Also, I got a perfume compliment from Jay on Friday night, when I was wearing a mixture of First and Iris Poudre. I am so glad he loves the smell of good perfume!)

    Today it is in the 70s here. Feels like springtime instead of mid-November and I wanted to be fresh and pretty. In Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia.




    Attached Images Attached Images

  21. #21
    Basenotes Junkie Trilby Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    685

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Gold Woman by Amouage

  22. #22
    Lean in closer, dear
    Quarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    8,024
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Just a drop-in to say “hey” and “I'm wearing Shalimar.”
    Have to catch up on reading SotD, but not today.
    Today’s obligation is the rental, tomorrow it's the dental.
    Hope all of our Illinois folks are okay after yesterday’s tornadoes.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

  23. #23

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Good afternoon.

    Etro Heliotrope for me today.

    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

  24. #24
    Robin-in-FL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South of the South of the U.S.
    Posts
    1,548

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Good morning, good smelling people.

    Busy weekend, my youngest daughter turned 7 on Saturday and we gave her a birthday party at the house; made a lovely cake with lemon curd between layers of buttermilk vanilla cake; specified no presents so of course she had a massive haul of presents. I apparently have offended many parents this year as the presents included two bow-and-arrow sets, a dartboard and darts, and many craft kits with tiny pieces of things to scatter across the floor. Will endeavor to be more friendly this year of else I am afraid it will be drum kits and knife-throwing sets next year.


    Reglisse Noire
    for today, yum.

  25. #25
    Dependent danieq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Southeastern Arizona
    Posts
    2,227

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    I've oversprayed my new bottle of Habit Rouge EdP this morning. I had tried a vial sample which applies quite differently. Next time, I'll be much more careful as all the reviews discuss this very thing. Ooops, try again!

  26. #26
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    11,205

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Mrs Q, those tornadoes look so frightening. When nature decides to unleash it's full power there is little we can do but pray. My immediate thoughts were for PerfumedLady - I remember the hair-raising experience she went through last year and hope she has been unnaffected this time.


    SotE - Amouage Dia.






  27. #27

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Hello all!
    Jon, your trips sounds wonderful, and I am glad you are getting to ease your way back into the grind.
    Mrs. E!!! You have a blast, and I hope you both enjoy yourselves.
    easyfish, love that globe. What a wonderful pic. Thank you!

    Chanel Coromandel today.

  28. #28

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Mrs (((((((E)))))))))

    wishing you a both a wonderful time!

    Happy third anniversary to a beautiful couple in every way. We will miss you, but forget us and enjoy every moment!

    Kalo Taxithi

    love

    searoses
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

  29. #29
    teardrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The south of England
    Posts
    6,002
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Hi all,

    Welcome back, Jon, glad you had a great weekend!

    E, have a wonderful holiday & a very happy anniversary!

    Sea Roses, l love your story too. Will watch the video later.

    Erin, you smell lovely.

    Kalli, glad to hear you're in a better place. Bois des Isles has been on my test list for quite some time now, l really must get around to it.

    Robin, LOL at "drum kits & knife throwing sets". Your house sounds a pretty dangerous place to be right now.

    Wore Cinema for work today, for the first time this autumn. l forgot how much l enjoy this one on a cold, grey day. The amber warms me up, & the almond blossom holds the promise that spring will come. Eventually.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

  30. #30

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    Good morning, everyone!

    Sounds like you had a wonderful trip, Jon, welcome back!

    Evangeline, a very Happy Anniversary to you and Tony! Have an amazing trip, it sounds very romantic to me!

    Hugs to all members in the Midwest affected by the tornadoes this weekend, hoping you're all safe.

    Wearing Givenchy Organza Indecence this morning, the 2007 version. Love the cinnamon, plum and amber, very good stuff!







    Hoping you all have a great start to the week! xoxo

    Kiliwia your SOTD sounds just beautiful!

    sea roses
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

  31. #31

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Welcome back Jon! Missed you and your lovely posts while you were gone.

    Happy almost-anniversary E! Wow, a trip to Brazil for your anniversary, how wonderful! I need to find a man like your Tony, he's so special! Have a great time and take lots and lots of pictures

    Congrats on your move Kalli, and I'm so glad you're out of a place like that. Hope the new place brings as much joy and peace as the other did NOT.

    Twolf, happy birthday to Mr. T, and I forgot to mention ... OOOOoooo on the dead raccoon. Freaky!

    You smell divine Kiliwa! That's one of my most favorite! I think I'm going to need a full bottle.

    Robin, I was cracking up at your post. I ALWAYS bought my nieces and nephews things that would annoy the parents. It's my job as an aunt, and not meant to slam my sister, just to show my love

    I'm wearing Tom Ford Violet Blonde today, although I can't think of this one without thinking of Violent Blonde, who called it that a while back? This is the one that Jodi wore the day after our Chicago Sniffathon and I couldn't believe how gorgeous it was on her. I had worn it once as was kinda "meh" about it. I love it now, but it was even better on her, darn it!

    *waves at Quarry*

    Happy Monday everyone!

  32. #32

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Joining my voice to a happy choir singing Happy Anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. E. Have wonderful time in Brazil and always. (Sweet of you to remember that you were married on Mr.T's birthday, tomorrow, and thanks).

    Nice to see you back, JR.

    Balmain de Balmain for me today.

  33. #33

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Oh I almost forgot! XScent, I saw your post yesterday and I LOVED the outfit! I am all over that, and think definitely we should include the whip!

  34. #34
    Basenotes Junkie ErinK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    756

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    elizrj, speaking of finding a great guy, have you had any good dates lately? I know you had seen that one guy more than once recently - did things ever progress with him?

    Robin, hilarious story about your daughter's birthday party. Her cake sounds delicious and I joined elizrj in LOLing at your bewilderment over her gifts.

    Thanks teardrop. I haven't worn this one in a while and my coworker asked if I had on a new perfume today. I was thinking "I wish!" I only have samples of this one, but would love one of those lovely stone-inlaid bottles.

  35. #35
    Dependent danieq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Southeastern Arizona
    Posts
    2,227

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Roses View Post
    Good morning lovelies

    My gorgeous Wuthering Heights weather has returned, so I am wearing Opium. I am sure Cathy would have enticed Heathcliff even more with this fragrance!

    My memories of Opium are as a little girl watching a singer absolutely mesmerized on television and saying to my mummy *mummy can you and daddy get him to be my husband when I grow up* to which she replied if that is what you still want when you are older of course sweetheart.

    That tambourine dance was so great to me...........that I emptied about a bottle of my mummys opium on myself and my parents never said a word as I danced around the house with a tambourine.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W0d9xMhZbo

    As time went by I still love this wonderful gentle man, but not in a *husband way* !

    Have a wonderful day everyone

    sea roses
    Ah Sea Roses, I once had quite a crush on that very finely proportioned fellow! Fun memories, thanks for the video!

    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Good morning, everyone!

    Some of you might recall that Tony and I were married just about three years ago ...tomorrow, to be exact, and we decided back then that it would be fun to have a little anniversary honeymoon each year at this time, so that's what we're doing. So no ballet or barre for me today - we're going to Brazil!!
    Do have a wonderful trip Evangeline! It sounds quite divine and happy happy anniversary!

    Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Oh, E!!! Congrats on the 3 years!! Ours is next month, also three years!. Wow, Brazil huh? Heard it's really something to see. Ahh, and it's about the right time too cause it's warmer south of the equator now. Take lots of pics and have fun with your true love.

    Moving is going alright. Soooo glad to be out of that last apartment. I could say so many *bad* experiences with that place!!! I mean, just awful, awful. Cops were called more than once to that place. Even drug dealers showed up at our apt mistaking our place for another..I really could write a page or two on just how awful that place was.

    Glad to be out and in a bit better of a place. A little bit bigger too....so a bit more space to put all of our junk, LOL.

    Smelling of Lilas by YR, testing it out.

    Hugs to all!
    When my hubs and I were married that same length of time, well, maybe 4 years, we moved out of our first home which was situated in a very rough neighborhood with gunshots in the night (even bullet holes in our front plate glass windows (from before we move in thankfully)! We were so thankful for the means to move out of that particular area. But it does make for some great stories now. So glad you are moving to a safer area Kalli!

    Many thanks to Jon for supplying us with fine music to read great threads by!

  36. #36
    teardrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The south of England
    Posts
    6,002
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Finishing my sample of Musc Ravageur this evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

  37. #37
    Basenotes Plus
    RHM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    3,723

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Hey, kewart's posting again! Yeah!

    Happy birthday (a wee bit early) to Mr. T.

    And huge congratulations to Evangeline (one of my lipstick buddies on that thread) and Tony on their anniversary. Excellent idea about the mini honeymoon. My Sweetie & I are married 17 years this December…..think I'll make a similar suggestion.

    Jon, welcome back! You had me at "cloudberry liqueur!" AMAZING stuff!

    elizrj, I'd love to hear about your dating escapades. You are a wonderful conversationalist. Please give Jodi a hug from me, would you?

    I wore Armani Privee Eclat de Jasmin last night & am still enjoying the lovely incense dry down. The Privee line & the Carthusia in parfum strength were highlights of the foray into Chicago's Neiman Marcus. I still shiver thinking about those SA's!

    Sofie is still home, we're into the 2nd week. The antibiotics have eliminated the fever but she's coughing so much with the pneumonia, she just can't get any rest. Other than that, she's craving miso soup.

    Scent today will be CD Mitzah from the Chicago meet up.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

  38. #38

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    SOTE
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

  39. #39

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    OOOh RHM you smell DIVINE! I really need to get a decant of that Mitzah. There was some confusion about whether it was being discontinued or not. I wanted it, then when I heard it was NOT discontinued I decided to wait. Now I'm reading in other threads that it IS being discontinued. I'm so confused! But Terry had told me she'd love to sell off a decant of it, so I'll go that route for now. I may have to pony up the money and buy a bottle tho, if I find it truly has been d/c. Oh, and I'll give Jodi a squeeze for you, she'll be thrilled you asked after her!

    SeaRoses, I was laughing reading about you emptying a bottle of Opium on you and dancing to George Michael. I don't understand the connection between the perfume and the singer, but I can understand the utter abandon of the perfume fueled dancing. And of course, now they'd be forever linked in your head. But how did they come to be linked in the first place?

    As to my dating escapades, I've been so sick, traveling, and busy that I've only managed 2 dates in the past 3 or so weeks. I have gone out with the same guy, and he's been really nice, and we shall refer to him as Mr.J. Ok, so Mr.J is very nice, very successful but a bit of a workaholic. He's also going to be gone for months at a time over the winter, since he spends most of it in Florida. I'm going out with him tonight tho, so a change of perfume and a change of outfit will be necessary in a bit.

    Then there's Mr.K. Mr.K is working full time, going to school part time, and has 1/2 custody of his kids. Mr.K and I can find time to see each other about 2x a month, on a good month. Since I've been out of town on the weekends he's sans kids, the last time I saw him was Oktoberfest, and we probably can't get together again til mid December. Plus he lives 1.5hours away. Not ideal.

    Finally there's Mr.M. I just recently met Mr.M through a dating site, and tho he's based in my town, he's currently on an assignment in Alabama, where he'll remain until mid December. Mr.M is very successful, very funny, has a ton in common with me and is wildly romantic. He's informed me that he's taking a flight up here the first weekend of December because he cannot wait til his assignment is over to meet with me because after a ton of emails, texts and hours and hours on the phone he's already partially smitten. He did ask if I was ok with that (the trip AND being partially smitten already), so that's good.

    So there's the dating show for you. Bachelor #1, Bachelor #2 and Bachelor #3. There's been a few other bachelors, but they've either stopped calling me or I stopped calling them. Funny how I pick ones that are not that available. Quite honestly, if all 3 were in town and trying to see me, I'd be going out of my mind. There are not enough hours in the day as it is.

  40. #40

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Wearing Ted Lapidus Silk Way.

  41. #41

    Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Good morning, everyone!

    Some of you might recall that Tony and I were married just about three years ago ...tomorrow, to be exact, and we decided back then that it would be fun to have a little anniversary honeymoon each year at this time, so that's what we're doing. So no ballet or barre for me today - we're going to Brazil!!

    We're headed first to Rio for a few days of glitz to start things off...


    and then north to Bahia for a more peaceful tropical experience.


    We leave this afternoon, and I suppose I'll be seeing y'all in about twelve days or so! I'm in Beige for the flight, which I'll probably be sticking with for much of our time there, along with a few other beachy favorites. I've packed full bottles of Songes, Coco edt, Chantecaille Frangipane, Dune and Fragonard Belle de Soleil, so I think I've got everything covered, perfume-wise at least ...it's not necessary to cover everything where we're going, lol!

    Welcome home, Jon! So glad you had a grand time, but glad you're back to hold down the fort around here.

    Love your sweet story, Sea Roses - I can just imagine you twirling around and around with your jangly tambourine, wafting heady clouds of Opium! So cute.

    And Happy Birthday to MrT a day early. Please give him a big hug for me Wolfie, and a little birthday kiss, too! xo

    Y'all take care - até logo! xoxo

    Happy Anniversary Evangeline


    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

  42. #42
    Basenotes Plus
    RHM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    3,723

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Oh, oh definitely Bachelor #3! I wonder if he's working with my husband in Alabama? Wouldn't that be a hoot!? Is he in Anniston? Stranger things have happened.

    Jodi's a sweetheart! I'm trying to add her to my friends list on Facebook but am having trouble.

    More Mitzah and dancing!

    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

  43. #43
    Basenotes Institution 30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,446
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    elizrj, bachelor #3 sounds great!

    Happy Anniversary a day early to Evangeline and the Mr.! Brazil sounds like a lot of fun.

    I'm wearing Eau d'Hadrien edp.


  44. #44

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Ordered a sample of Mitzah cause of all this talk about it! Hope I like!
    $25 or less clearance sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/390...othing-over-25!!

    "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18

  45. #45

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Quote Originally Posted by elizrj View Post
    OOOh RHM you smell DIVINE! I really need to get a decant of that Mitzah. There was some confusion about whether it was being discontinued or not. I wanted it, then when I heard it was NOT discontinued I decided to wait. Now I'm reading in other threads that it IS being discontinued. I'm so confused! But Terry had told me she'd love to sell off a decant of it, so I'll go that route for now. I may have to pony up the money and buy a bottle tho, if I find it truly has been d/c. Oh, and I'll give Jodi a squeeze for you, she'll be thrilled you asked after her!

    SeaRoses, I was laughing reading about you emptying a bottle of Opium on you and dancing to George Michael. I don't understand the connection between the perfume and the singer, but I can understand the utter abandon of the perfume fueled dancing. And of course, now they'd be forever linked in your head. But how did they come to be linked in the first place?

    As to my dating escapades, I've been so sick, traveling, and busy that I've only managed 2 dates in the past 3 or so weeks. I have gone out with the same guy, and he's been really nice, and we shall refer to him as Mr.J. Ok, so Mr.J is very nice, very successful but a bit of a workaholic. He's also going to be gone for months at a time over the winter, since he spends most of it in Florida. I'm going out with him tonight tho, so a change of perfume and a change of outfit will be necessary in a bit.

    Then there's Mr.K. Mr.K is working full time, going to school part time, and has 1/2 custody of his kids. Mr.K and I can find time to see each other about 2x a month, on a good month. Since I've been out of town on the weekends he's sans kids, the last time I saw him was Oktoberfest, and we probably can't get together again til mid December. Plus he lives 1.5hours away. Not ideal.

    Finally there's Mr.M. I just recently met Mr.M through a dating site, and tho he's based in my town, he's currently on an assignment in Alabama, where he'll remain until mid December. Mr.M is very successful, very funny, has a ton in common with me and is wildly romantic. He's informed me that he's taking a flight up here the first weekend of December because he cannot wait til his assignment is over to meet with me because after a ton of emails, texts and hours and hours on the phone he's already partially smitten. He did ask if I was ok with that (the trip AND being partially smitten already), so that's good.

    So there's the dating show for you. Bachelor #1, Bachelor #2 and Bachelor #3. There's been a few other bachelors, but they've either stopped calling me or I stopped calling them. Funny how I pick ones that are not that available. Quite honestly, if all 3 were in town and trying to see me, I'd be going out of my mind. There are not enough hours in the day as it is.

    Hi elizrj

    The connection was once my mother had assured me that her and my father would secure George Michael as my future *husband* I felt incredibly happy that I was going to be dancing and singing with him like that one day. And for some reason the way he jumped about with that tambourine and seemed so happy made me think oh that will be fun. Believing that my parents could always sort things out for me I then felt very grown up and was looking forward to the future, knowing he was to be my *husband*. From there I proceeded to my mothers bathroom, emptied her bottle of Opium on myself, grabbed my tambourine and danced around the house in preparation. As ever my parents enjoyed my dancing and encouraged it. And of course they never said a word about what the house must have smelt like.

    hugs

    sea roses
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

  46. #46

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    SeaRoses, thanks for the description. I can just about see (and smell) you dancing about. What wonderful parents. My mother would have screeched and yelled bloody murder, had I upended her bottle of anything. Now, knowing what I know, I would have beat a young me that upended a bottle of her vintage Shalimar. Although now that I have a deep love of perfume I can really much more appreciate the story of the woman who upended a precious bottle of perfume on the feet of Jesus and wiped it with her feet. Not trying to bring in religion, more that I can't quite imagine using an entire bottle of any of my precious perfumes on a loved one here and now. Nor can I imagine them seeing it as an act of love, more like "what the...??!". And it quite ruins the act of love if they go running for the bathroom to wash off! ;P

  47. #47
    Dependent danieq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Southeastern Arizona
    Posts
    2,227

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Quote Originally Posted by elizrj View Post
    OOOh RHM you smell DIVINE! I really need to get a decant of that Mitzah. There was some confusion about whether it was being discontinued or not. I wanted it, then when I heard it was NOT discontinued I decided to wait. Now I'm reading in other threads that it IS being discontinued. I'm so confused! But Terry had told me she'd love to sell off a decant of it, so I'll go that route for now. I may have to pony up the money and buy a bottle tho, if I find it truly has been d/c. Oh, and I'll give Jodi a squeeze for you, she'll be thrilled you asked after her!

    SeaRoses, I was laughing reading about you emptying a bottle of Opium on you and dancing to George Michael. I don't understand the connection between the perfume and the singer, but I can understand the utter abandon of the perfume fueled dancing. And of course, now they'd be forever linked in your head. But how did they come to be linked in the first place?

    As to my dating escapades, I've been so sick, traveling, and busy that I've only managed 2 dates in the past 3 or so weeks. I have gone out with the same guy, and he's been really nice, and we shall refer to him as Mr.J. Ok, so Mr.J is very nice, very successful but a bit of a workaholic. He's also going to be gone for months at a time over the winter, since he spends most of it in Florida. I'm going out with him tonight tho, so a change of perfume and a change of outfit will be necessary in a bit.

    Then there's Mr.K. Mr.K is working full time, going to school part time, and has 1/2 custody of his kids. Mr.K and I can find time to see each other about 2x a month, on a good month. Since I've been out of town on the weekends he's sans kids, the last time I saw him was Oktoberfest, and we probably can't get together again til mid December. Plus he lives 1.5hours away. Not ideal.

    Finally there's Mr.M. I just recently met Mr.M through a dating site, and tho he's based in my town, he's currently on an assignment in Alabama, where he'll remain until mid December. Mr.M is very successful, very funny, has a ton in common with me and is wildly romantic. He's informed me that he's taking a flight up here the first weekend of December because he cannot wait til his assignment is over to meet with me because after a ton of emails, texts and hours and hours on the phone he's already partially smitten. He did ask if I was ok with that (the trip AND being partially smitten already), so that's good.

    So there's the dating show for you. Bachelor #1, Bachelor #2 and Bachelor #3. There's been a few other bachelors, but they've either stopped calling me or I stopped calling them. Funny how I pick ones that are not that available. Quite honestly, if all 3 were in town and trying to see me, I'd be going out of my mind. There are not enough hours in the day as it is.

    You make the dating game sound like fun! It interesting what you note about availability. I wonder what that is about. I can scarcely even imagine dating again, after 21 years with my man. I don't envy you a bit.......though it really does sound like fun.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by elizrj View Post
    Although now that I have a deep love of perfume I can really much more appreciate the story of the woman who upended a precious bottle of perfume on the feet of Jesus and wiped it with her feet. Not trying to bring in religion, more that I can't quite imagine using an entire bottle of any of my precious perfumes on a loved one here and now. Nor can I imagine them seeing it as an act of love, more like "what the...??!". And it quite ruins the act of love if they go running for the bathroom to wash off! ;P
    Thank you for sharing this comparison Elizrj. I had not made this connection to that bible story but what a beautiful thought it is.

  48. #48

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Roses View Post
    Hi elizrj

    The connection was once my mother had assured me that her and my father would secure George Michael as my future *husband* I felt incredibly happy that I was going to be dancing and singing with him like that one day. And for some reason the way he jumped about with that tambourine and seemed so happy made me think oh that will be fun. Believing that my parents could always sort things out for me I then felt very grown up and was looking forward to the future, knowing he was to be my *husband*. From there I proceeded to my mothers bathroom, emptied her bottle of Opium on myself, grabbed my tambourine and danced around the house in preparation. As ever my parents enjoyed my dancing and encouraged it. And of course they never said a word about what the house must have smelt like.

    hugs

    sea roses
    Sea Roses that is about the cutest thing ever, my house it would have been a bottle of mama's Trésor or Joy. I'm such an 80's girl though my parents would have sent me to some remote boarding school had they known the depths of my George crush. Luckily for me I still managed to sneak in a bit of misspent youth with wholly unsuitable boys in my uni days and a bit beyond

    Elirzj bachelor #3 does sound promising. I'm so glad you are finding some good ones out there! I have always been of the thought that if you cannot find time then make time and it seems like Mr M is smitten enough to do exactly that for you. That is a rare and wonderful quality. It's not often we come across people genuinely want to be there for us so grab it and see where it goes!

    Robin LOL, you must have offended someone that's quite a line up of gifts. I give 'experience' presents such as tickets to a show, place, event or movie. That way kids get to look forward to something and the house is not full of lots of broken toys.

    RHM hugs to your Sofie, hope she feels better soon. I love your lipsticks btw. I'm a red girl myself.

    In vintage Mitsuoko EdC this morning for a round of meetings. Have a lovely evening all.

    mitsouko-711191.jpg
    Last edited by Xscent; 19th November 2013 at 01:39 AM.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

  49. #49
    DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

    kbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Big Blue Marble
    Posts
    18,183
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Jacques Fath Yang tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

  50. #50
    bleu autumn haze
    shadesofbleu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Jayhawk country!
    Posts
    10,376

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Such great stories today! Thanks for the smiles and LOLs! I'm wearing Havana Vanille today. I'm on call today and had to work late ... stayed up late last night watching the KC Chiefs football game so I am dead tired tonight.

    Happy anniversary E! Your trip sounds wonderful ... have a great time!

    kalli, glad the move is going well. Sounds like you are in a safer neighborhood! Quiet is good, no?

    Jon, welcome back ...

    hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

  51. #51
    Basenotes Plus
    RHM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    3,723

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Hugs to Xscent! We're a bit heavy on the reds & the Chanel lip products over there but I do so enjoy seeing what others are wearing.

    Sofie is going to try going back to school tomorrow. I hope she is well enough. Love my girl so much.

    Tonight I'm cozy in Serge Luten's Jeux de Peau. This has become one of my favorite comfort scents for bed time.
    (Bread note, spices, licorice, apricot, immortelle, sandalwood, woody notes, amber)

    SergeLutensJeuxdePeau%u00252B%u00252528duftarchiv.de%u00252529.jpg
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

  52. #52

    Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 18 November 2013.

    Agree, very interesting and thought-provoking stories today. Thank you, ladies. I also agree that dating is such a hard job and would not want to do it again.

    My bottle of Profumum Roma Dambrosia has arrived, and it is also my SotE.

Similar Threads

  1. SOTD: Monday, November 18th, 2013
    By Trauerkraut in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 19th November 2013, 05:56 AM
  2. SOTD: Monday November 11, 2013
    By magnus611 in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 12th November 2013, 07:58 AM
  3. SOTD: Monday, November 11, 2013
    By badarun in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 12th November 2013, 05:44 AM
  4. SOTD: Monday, November 4th, 2013
    By Trauerkraut in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 5th November 2013, 09:14 AM
  5. S.O.T.D. - Monday, 4 November 2013
    By lpp in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 5th November 2013, 05:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000