Code of Conduct
    Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default S.O.T.D. - Tuesday, 19 November 2013.

Hi all - have a great day!

Jeke - Slumberhouse.

Default SOTD, Tuesday November 19th, 2013

Hey guys.

Just wanted to say thanks so much for all your comments regarding the move. Very sweet. Danieq, bullet holes, huh? Wow, so glad nothing happened to you! We've had drug dealers, car break ins around us and at the place before that, my car and garage were broken into. Walls of my garage were smashed through to get to the other garages. A funny one though, once I came home and there was a guy eating chicken drums in my garage! LOL, he left chicken bones everywhere in there. That was while I was in transition of replacing the last lock for a better one as the last one got clipped so someone could get in there.

Good times!.

Anyway! Unpacking my smellies...and sotd is Bottega Veneta.

Elizrj I have more appreciation for that story as well. Perfume was more costly back then, I just learned/read in that verse that the amount of perfume she used was worth a person's annual income for some, so that's one reason people were criticizing her, they saw it as a waste of perfume. It was an act of love, they didn't see that though.

Not to get on that whole topic, of course.
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Tuesday, 19 November 2013.

Oh, oops Ipp, didn't see you started the sotd...you could just place my post here and close my thread, sorry about that!!!
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

Will do - thanks for the heads up, kalli!

Post Thanks / Like

Another crisp, autumnal morning and I am wearing
    NOHIBA by E. Coudray.
    Loving the colours of the trees at this time of year,.
    All the leaves are still on the branches, as we haven't had any
    frost yet.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Morning/ afternoon/evening

Working from home this afternoon. Well it took all a whole day yesterday to sort through the weeks emails. Completely worth it not to be tied to my phone. Had a some fruitful meetings with the builders this morning and somehow managed to agree to do some design work for them, it seems their clients love my house. Wait, you want to pay me to spend your money? Bring. It. ON!

ErinK guess which song came up on my playlist? The Air that I Breathe
    'Peace came upon me and it leaves me weak...So sleep, silent angel, go to sleep'

RHM I took a long break from red into the nudes and pretty pinks but Iím finding my way back the reds and liking it. The Chanel love is completely warranted their reds are just divine.

Shades Iím in awe of your dedication to the game!

Have been invited to degustation dinner this evening at a little place named Petite Mort (promises, promises) though I heard their confit duck and death by chocolate might come close. (www.petitemort.com.au)

In Nasomatto Nuda, some Intelligent Nutrients Jasmine Absolute (from ScentFan's jasmine sniff fest part 2) and new pair of 'sitting only' stilettos tonight

Will likely check in later but for now, have wonderful day everyone.
    Last edited by Xscent; 19th November 2013 at 03:11 PM. Reason: just because :)
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all !. Vociferously echoing Kewart's post - the most picturesque time of year, especially under cloudless skies like today. Pity it coincides with a return to work .

Many Happy Returns to Mr T . I know he will have a memorable day as Mr T and I have something in common - we are both blessed with wonderful women

SotD is Green Irish Tweed.

Xscent, I suspect your meal would end up as a disgustation dinner if I were accompanying you. With those delicacies the glutton in me would be sure to rear it's ugly head .
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 19th November 2013 at 03:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello folks. Nothing clear and crisp about the weather here in Paris: just grey sky, cold and wind!

I'm wearing L'Heure Bleue as a kind of extra layer: extrait on one arm and PdT on the other. PdT is winning out at the moment!

Hope you all have a good day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Morning all, & happy birthday to Mr T!

Finishing my sample of The Olive Branch for work on this glorious autumn day.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone and a very happy birthday to Mr. T!

Another fan of autumn here. I love this time of the year.

Chopard Casmir for me today.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,EDP + EDT + vintage Dťodorant

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Tuesday, 19 November 2013.

Happy birthday to Mr. T

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon.

Amour Nocturne in a rainy, exhausting day at school.

"Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all. L'Occitane Notre Flore Iris
    DONNA

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Last edited by kbe; 19th November 2013 at 12:44 PM.
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Happy Birthday to Mr. T!!!! Maybe Wolfie will share the computer so that he sees all his birthday notes

I am going to wear a lovely iris today, sent by a lovely BNer (hey Erin ) - VC&A Bois d'Iris! Yummy!

Le Sportif by G.Nejman
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Mure et Musc Extreme over some SSS Egyptian Musk. I think of the Mure et Musc Extreme as Mure-squared and musk, so I am in berries and musk raised to the power of 2. A little too musk-y at the moment (forgot how powerful the SSS scents are) but will see how it settles.

Oh! And a very happy birthday to Mr.T!
    Last edited by Robin-in-FL; 19th November 2013 at 12:48 PM.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! I envy everyone's weather, with beautiful fall colors and no frost yet, I think I live in the wrong part of the world, lol. It's 23 degrees at the moment and will get to a heat wave of 36 this afternoon.

Happy Birthday, Mr. T!! I hope you have a very special day!

Happy Birthday to coopmom and craig! Miss you both around here.

Kewart, how is your foot feeling now? Are you out of the air cast yet?

Wearing Bois des Iles this morning.

Have a good day!
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 19th November 2013 at 01:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, everyone!

kalli, LOL at your story about the guy sitting in your garage eating chicken!!! (Chicken drums - have never heard that term before but it's a cute term [despite me personally finding the thought of eating chicken disgusting]). I love weird stories like that that support the notion that the truth is stranger than fiction. Still, what a relief that you don't have to worry about coming home to that sort of scene anymore!

elizrj, let me also toss my hat into the Bachelor #3 ring. He sounds super sweet! As long as you take your time with him -- he sounds quite zealous but you are a first rate catch so who in their right mind wouldn't be? Yes, I agree with danieq, it sounds like a lot of fun, it IS fun, but I also know from recent experience it can be very discouraging to go on date after date in hopes you will find Mr. Right and keep not finding him. I know you will find him soon, though! I finally did - I met Jay online - further proof it CAN work that way.

Yay, Xscent, I was just thinking of that song yesterday! Haven't heard it in a while. So glad to see you back - missed you while you were gone!

Cello, you smell wonderful! Glad you got the package!

Thinking of (((30 Roses))) and her mama today.

So, I was at Marshalls last night, and guess what I found? A gift set of EL Tuberose Gardenia (a 1 oz plus a travel bottle) for $49.99. After I had JUST said I wanted a FB. I carried it around with me for about 30 minutes while I looked at Christmas cards and Christmas stuff and wash cloths (buying for Operation Christmas Child -- we are doing 20 boxes at work) and finally put it back. I talked some sense into myself, after all tis the season for giving, not buying for oneself, at least when you are poor folk like me. Hahaha. Hopefully karma (or Jesus) will bless me for it.

I'm in 31 Rue Cambon today.
    Last edited by ErinK; 19th November 2013 at 02:57 PM. Reason: various punctuation errors & wanted to add a wink :D

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning to all the best smelling people around! And happy B-day to Mr T!

Kalli, chicken drumsticks??!! Now that is a story to tell. LOL Guess your garage offered a bit of respite from the elements, or maybe the cops??

I'm enjoying Ubar on this lovely wispy clouds and blue skies with crisp air day.

Oh, Operation Christmas Child, with the move, I had forgotten about OCC and to get shoe boxes. Thank you for giving though, very nice.

Yep, I open my garage to see someone sitting in there eating drumsticks. He could have at least picked up all of his pile of bones he left behind. lol.

EL Tuberose Gardenia, huh? I am sorta lemming a mini myself. In due time, Erin, maybe you will get your TG until then, very commendable that you put giving above receiving.
    Last edited by kalli; 19th November 2013 at 03:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Kalli. I am trying very hard to be a perfume enjoyer, not collector. And that means not buying full bottles until I have depleted my samples/decants. I still have two nice carded samples of Tuberose Gardenia so a FB will have to wait. (Although, I maybe should have made an exception with the Chanel exclusifs and gone ahead and snapped up a FB of my SOTD before the recent price jump.) I have had so many unexpected expenses this fall, my dad actually told me last night I should start buying lottery tickets because I'm way past due for some good financial news. Haha. (And I think he was at least half serious.)

As far as Tuberose Gardenia, I do love it but I think I enjoy tuberose a bit more than gardenia, so maybe I will just stick with my beloved Diptyque Do Son - it is maybe not quite as elegant as the EL but suits a very similar mood for me.

Kiliwia, you smell delicious!

Jon I ím sure I could have arranged second or third helpings for you. I too am disgraceful when it comes this sort of deliciousness, canít be helped I'm afraid. Luckily they know me well enough to add some additional surprise courses

kalli Chicken drumsticks?! Must have gotten the munchies.

A very happy birthday to Mr T!

Easyfish Iím just going to sit here next to you, what a combo.

ErinK I'm sure Santa heard you, maybe send a message via Jay just in case

Twins with Kiliwia and finishing the night in the very cosy Bois des őles (yes, again). I need to get a back up bottle or two soon, canít risk running out. Taking saminlondon's approach with a twist, extrait on one arm EdT on the other and a spritz through the hair. Now passing out in olfactory bliss. Good night everyone.

We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday to Mr. T Wolfie, does he have a favorite fragrance you'll be wearing for him? Or perhaps a favorite dish you'll be making?

Belated Happy Anniversary to Evangeline and Tony. I'm positively swooning at the thought of two weeks off from work anywhere -- even Kiliwia's neck of the woods.

Xscent, you have me cracking up this morning. What a *fabulous* name for a restaurant. Do they have oysters?

(((kalli))), I'm so glad you're in a new place -- the old one seems to me have gone past sketchy and into the downright dangerous category.

elizrj, one thing I've discovered is the importance of sharing *fundamental* interests. Not necessarily lots of things in common, but definitely the top 5 or so MOST important ones. Anyone fit that bill?

cello and Erink, I just ordered some samples to cheer myself up, including Bois d'Iris from The Different Company, Atelier Silver Iris, and Parfumerie Generale Iris Oriental. But somehow I forgot about VC&A Bois d'Iris! Dangit! Looks like I'll just have to do another round of sampling next month. (And would you look at me with all the iris???!!!)

David and I were both home sick yesterday. We both had flu shots, but this virus (fever, body aches, headache, congestion, etc.) has positively knocked him out and left me miserable but vertical. He's still in bed (been there since about 8:30 pm Sunday night), with an on-again/off-again fever. Poor guy. Things are way too busy to take another day, so I'm working from home.

I was scentless yesterday, while today I continue with STILL MORE Parfumerie Generale lemming: Indochine, with notes of Siam benzoin resinoid, Kampot pepper, Ceylonese cardamom, Burmese tanakha, Laotian honey (per Luckyscent).
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 19th November 2013 at 03:21 PM.

My, Mr. Wolfie is a lucky man. I insist he is aware of it. Happy Birthday!
    Catering my Lutens love in a new fling - El Attarine. Arabie light for the non-believers such as I am! The star here is the spicy apricot accord full of aroma, yet this is a quiet and subtle Arabian delight! This stuff smells even better on fabric and so good straight out if the bottle that one could fancy a drink. Delish!
    Stay warm (I'm ignoring the weather forecast for next week playing vaguely with the idea of heavy snow - oh, fast forward to March as far as I am concerned...) & enjoy your evening!

Post Thanks / Like

Wearing Shaal Nur.

Costume National 21.

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon everyone! Thank you for all your kind words and sage advice! Bachelor #3 most definitely has the most in common with me, and fundamentals at that. So there's that.

Happy Birthday Mr. T! Hope you both are enjoying celebrating!

I'm in Sťville ŗ l'Aube today and it's citrusy good. I think someone described it somewhere as incensy and warm, but to me it's all citrus right now. Maybe it snuggles in later.

I'm slammed, heading out to San Diego for 3 days of training tomorrow night. Really wish I could actually enjoy San Diego instead of being stuck in a classroom and then flying right home. Oh well, maybe I can get out there later next year if everyone is going to sniff.

Kalli, love your scent and your story of the drumsticks! If someone is going to break into my house (or garage) for any reason, the least they could do is clean up after themselves!

tdem, I used to own Casmir, and then *gasp* threw it away before I got into perfume. I thought I needed to pick my NEXT signature scent and why keep that old bottle around. Oh the inhumanity! Especially since this wasn't the only one that got pitched. I would cry to list them all.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Joining Kiliwia and Xscent for the evening - Bois des Iles.

Cello, glad you are enjoying one of my favourite irises - I knew you would .
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 19th November 2013 at 06:56 PM.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Back from vacation - OMG I had such a fantastic time. Really really a lot of fun & relaxing times. I felt totally in another environment (Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic) and I came back feeling rejuvenated and grateful for what I have.

I just got this stuff, in a travel size bottle, so I am wearing it as I type this:

Dries Van Noten by Frederic Malle

Edible and yet...strangely woody and exotic but in a polished and shiny way. I can't wait to give it several more wearings this Fall/Winter.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Evening all & welcome back, mike!

Erin, l admire your restraint! l'm not sure l could have resisted such a temptation.

Wearing Stoned this evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Post Thanks / Like

Woah! Just come back after another hiatus and BN has changed back to something like the site I knew and loved - will have to backtrack on the boards to see what has been going on.

SOTD is Angel Aqua Chic

Hope you're all well and Happy Birthday to our celebrants!

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back, Mike!! Sounds like you had a great trip.

Wearing Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne this evening. A nice mix of blackberry, rose and sandalwood, really liking this tonight.

Have a lovely evening!

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone! I'm wearing Chanel no5 today ... yes, again.

kalli, some time I will have to tell you the story about the guy my kids found in our backyard shed who missed the circus train ... went to the KwikShop behind our house, bought a 12 pack of beer, drank it all, and passed out on an old weight bench in the shed! LOL Talk about stranger than fiction!

Xscent, some Death By Chocolate sounds wonderful right now!!! I hope you are enjoying it!

Welcome home Mike! I loved the Dominican Republic, although we were in Punta Cana. One of the best beaches EVER!

Sending happy birthday wishes to Mr T and hugs to everyone else ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Vintage Yohji Homme tonight
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome home Mike!!

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's hoping Mr. T had a wonderful birthday day. Many hugs!

I was a nut this morning, running around, driving the girl to school. (Her first day back since the 8th.) I thought it might be too soon, pneumonia is a scary thing. She seemed ok & has been concentrating on catching up on school work.

Anyway, I completely forgot to put on some perfume. I surprised myself but got so busy at work, the day just got away from me.

Tonight I'm joining the Chanel bunch in Bois des Iles parfum, which I prefer over the edt. The top notes are aldehydes, bergamot, neroli and peach, the heart consists of jasmine, rose, lily of the valley, woody iris and ylang-ylang, and the base of vetiver, sandalwood, benzoin and musk.

chanel_bois_des_iles.jpg

I'm craving jasmine, sandalwood, amber & vetiver these days. Bois des Ilse has all but the amber.
    "Not my cup of mud."
    Oscar the Grouch

Post Thanks / Like

You nice people make me blush: Mr.T does not even know about all of your Happy Birthday wishes. I will remedy it first thing in the morning and will let him sit here and read it all! Thank you very much, I like being with him.

To answer your questions: he does not really care about fragrances, Whatever smells nice -- in Bois des Iles way -- he calls "soft and warm" and 1932 -- "honeysuckle" of all things. He can't stand TM Angel (just like E's Tony). He has a few fragrances of his own, some of them are hard to come by like L'Artisan Parfumeur Vetiver -- from the times we were friends with Lisa from BeautyCafe -- and he had it for over 8 years. We have had a difficult year with his medical issues, but we are working on it. The hardest part is that with no chauffeur to drive us places, we have to rely on the kindness of other people to do things that used to be elementary, like buying water. But overall, we are a better family this year than we were this time last year. I baked a Black Forest cake (from Pillsbury Chocolate Cake mix with added cherries and home-made chocolate frosting). I wore Anne Pliska, it was cold and windy.

Welcome back, devilcat! I noticed your absence.
    Also, pleased to hear mike had a great time.