Code of Conduct

Default Wardrobe - Sample/Decant/Full Bottle

I am wondering whether an additional category could be added to the Fragrance Wardrobe. I've enjoyed swapping samples of what I have with others but when I list what I have in my wardrobe, if I have listed that I own something, but it's only a small decant, I'm not really wanting to send samples of that. If there were a decant option, I could still list it as something I own but someone I've invited to choose some samples from my wardrobe would know what I have plenty of to share.

Is anyone else interested in this type of functionality?

For now, I just changed the ones I have decants of to samples to get rid of confusion, but it's not quite accurate.

Default Re: Wardrobe - Sample/Decant/Full Bottle

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    I am wondering whether an additional category could be added to the Fragrance Wardrobe. I've enjoyed swapping samples of what I have with others but when I list what I have in my wardrobe, if I have listed that I own something, but it's only a small decant, I'm not really wanting to send samples of that. If there were a decant option, I could still list it as something I own but someone I've invited to choose some samples from my wardrobe would know what I have plenty of to share.

Is anyone else interested in this type of functionality?

For now, I just changed the ones I have decants of to samples to get rid of confusion, but it's not quite accurate.
    + 1 ,,Decant,, as additional category to the Fragrance Wardrobe.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I 3rd that

I think there are some issue with advertising decants as available on the website in general. Take a look at the marketplace rules to get a sense of the specifics. There are actually some kind of legal repercussions involved that have something to do with overzealous perfume houses going after websites that offer decants (in any form) in a way that undercuts their business.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    I think there are some issue with advertising decants as available on the website in general. Take a look at the marketplace rules to get a sense of the specifics. There are actually some kind of legal repercussions involved that have something to do with overzealous perfume houses going after websites that offer decants (in any form) in a way that undercuts their business.
    So does that mean that if we said we have a decant, they might go after us to find out who sold it to us? Is that what you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    So does that mean that if we said we have a decant, they might go after us to find out who sold it to us? Is that what you mean?
    The concern has more to do with splitting -- there's certain terminology that needs to be used. For example, the word "decant" can't be used in the marketplace for such reasons. There are also some rules about selling decants, but what you're proposing doesn't seem to be a problem, but I think it could be a problem if the website were to adopt the term, though. Stuigi might be able to shed more nuanced light onto the subject.

Why not list them under the Wardrobe 'samples' section?

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    The concern has more to do with splitting -- there's certain terminology that needs to be used. For example, the word "decant" can't be used in the marketplace for such reasons. There are also some rules about selling decants, but what you're proposing doesn't seem to be a problem, but I think it could be a problem if the website were to adopt the term, though. Stuigi might be able to shed more nuanced light onto the subject.

Thanks for explaining. I am not very familiar with all of these rules I admit.

Lpp, that is what I've done to this point, unless it's a larger amount that I have, but somehow, it just seemed it would be nicer to have a delineation.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Why not list them under the Wardrobe 'samples' section?
    For me is more a problem of fairness.
    If I have a 15 ml or 30 ml (or as a matter of fact anything above 5ml) decant I don't think it's faire to select ,,I own this,, but is certainly more than ,,I own a sample,,.
    To avoid legal issues I think a good idea it will be to put in wardrobe another column just before ,,last worn,, called ,,ml,, (editable) so ,,decant,, will not be use as a word.

I sort of see the point - although a few of my 'much used' & discontinued/reformulated bottles probably have a lower volume than some members' recently purchased current decants/splits!

Plus, the older parfum extraits were frequently very small volumes but would be listed as 'owned' - one or two of mine are 5-10 mls. - about the same as some attars.

In the case of sharing almost gone stuff, I just warn people to expect a small volume of those.
    Last edited by lpp; 9th February 2014 at 09:44 AM.

1. Decants may be swapped here without a problem,
    2. Everyone should create a wardrobe and list all their fragrances there.
    3. Anyone seeing a listed item can PM others for a purchase or a swap of any amount of juice. Publicly listing decants would appear to circumvent the site's position on their sale.

I have personally made hundreds of deals by contacting members and creatively offering various combinations of fragrances. This is the perfect way to expand your collection and knowledge while limiting costly blind buys.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    a few of my 'much used' & discontinued/reformulated bottles probably have a lower volume than some members' recently purchased current decants/splits!

Plus, the older parfum extraits were frequently very small volumes but would be listed as 'owned' - one or two of mine are 5-10 mls. - about the same as some attars.
    Exactly. lf it's something you wear regularly, l don't see a problem with listing a decant as "owned". The volume you own is really immaterial.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

This is all good news:

1. Decants may be swapped here without a problem,
    2. Everyone should create a wardrobe and list all their fragrances there.
    3. Anyone seeing a listed item can PM others for a purchase or a swap of any amount of juice. Publicly listing decants would appear to circumvent the site's position on their sale.

But how do we know what's in another member's wardrobe? Is there perhaps a way to search wardrobes?

Wardrobes need a long-overdue update which is one of my projects for 2014.

Ideally you'd be able to add further details about each fragrances (size, where you bought it etc) and search for member with particular things etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Wardrobes need a long-overdue update which is one of my projects for 2014.

Ideally you'd be able to add further details about each fragrances (size, where you bought it etc) and search for member with particular things etc.
    Excellent news, thanks! I hope you can also add a feature where we can sort our fragrances by "Last Worn".

Very much looking forward to the projected Wardrobe update Grant! thanks!
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge