Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain SDV in high school?

Vanilla is one of my favorite scents and I have been looking for a good vanilla fragrance for a while. SDV really is just what I am looking for. It's a nice smooth, sweet vanilla that is nice and boozy. It's not like an overly sweet frosting vanilla, it's more of like straight vanilla beans, which I really enjoy.

Anyways, it is on the top of my list right now, especially since it is getting colder and rainier. My question is though, what do you think people in the high school setting will think of it? I am a sophomore right now, and I am a bit concerned that it may come off as too feminine/"old lady" smelling amid all the masculine scents that you would usually find in high school. I myself find it very very comforting and see it pretty unisex. I could see how other people however, could see it as feminine though.

So what do you think? I myself would have no problem wearing it, but what do you think others will think of it?

Thanks!

Default Re: Guerlain SDV in high school?

Yes it is getting colder and rainier - which leads right up to my almost-foolproof way of testing the impact of a heavier scent. Spray it at your solar plexus and on your wrists, a little higher up (towards the elbow) than usual. Just a couple of sprays, max 3. Wear a couple of layers of clothing, like a t-shirt and a sweater together. The point is to have your first wearings be subtle, which they will be if your spraying points are covered by clothing. Also a (very) light spritz on a wool scarf works great too - just be sure you like the scent, because wool retains scent for a very long time.

If you don't have any problem with wearing SDV, then you are at the helm and you will rock this scent. Just remember that a light application works wonders with an intense scent such as this one; going heavier won't increase your confidence.

I commend your good taste so early in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Willanhanyard View Post
    Vanilla is one of my favorite scents and I have been looking for a good vanilla fragrance for a while. SDV really is just what I am looking for. It's a nice smooth, sweet vanilla that is nice and boozy. It's not like an overly sweet frosting vanilla, it's more of like straight vanilla beans, which I really enjoy.

Anyways, it is on the top of my list right now, especially since it is getting colder and rainier. My question is though, what do you think people in the high school setting will think of it? I am a sophomore right now, and I am a bit concerned that it may come off as too feminine/"old lady" smelling amid all the masculine scents that you would usually find in high school. I myself find it very very comforting and see it pretty unisex. I could see how other people however, could see it as feminine though.

So what do you think? I myself would have no problem wearing it, but what do you think others will think of it?

Thanks!
    I'd see how you like Givenchy Pi first before dumping $250+ on a fragrance.

SDV is an awesome fragrance and the quality is unmistakable.

Givenchy Pi does it, not as well, but the compliments were non stop when I had it in High School.

For date nights, if you wear Pi, you WILL get attacked. Don't say I didn't warn you...

Blog Entries

SDV is a great scent. I agree that going real light on the trigger and seeing how you feel will give you a better idea. I just know that personally, no matter how much I love a fragrance, if I don't feel comfortable wearing it then it just isn't worth it. Still, I don't personally think SDV gives off any major "feminine" vibe or anything. Give it a try, and good luck!
    Check out my personal blog: http://stayathomedadfindsacologne.com

"Perfume and incense make the heart glad..."

-Proverbs 27:9

If you like it, wear it and enjoy it. Wouldn't worry about what others think. (639)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Willanhanyard View Post
    I am a sophomore right now, and I am a bit concerned that it may come off as too feminine/"old lady" smelling amid all the masculine scents that you would usually find in high school.

Thanks!
    Its how you carry yourself.
    If need be , wear it like you've just sprayed motor oil on yourself.

for swap/sale:

The one problem with SDV for high school is the price, clearly outside the reach of most high school students.

I personally am not a fan of SDV, but I don't see anything wrong with it, as long as you go a little light on the spray.

cacio

Tending to agree that, with fewer sprays, this fragrance can be worn, even as an everyday scent in highschool.

Don't wear it if you don't think you can rock it. Highschoolers can smell weakness better than perfume.

Go for it, you will mesmerize more then a few...enjoy..
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

You'll be one of the best smelling students in your school.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    You'll be one of the best smelling students in your school.
    Unquestionably. Go for it!

I think if I were in high school, I'd go with a cheaper (but still quite good) knock-off. Seek out Le Couvent des Minimes Eau des Missions Botanical Cologne of the Missions at drugstore.com

http://www.drugstore.com/le-couvent-...2?catid=183366
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerutti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...ns-L-deCerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerutti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

I think this is the best vanilla scent. Well, my favorite one. And if you like it, how can I fault that?

For myself, I wear it on special occasions. Usually on the weekend too.

Many young men wear gourmands like Spicebomb, Givenchy Pi and One Million.

SDV is really an "old-school Victorian floral masculine scent."

If you like it, wear it!

http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...double_va.html
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.