Code of Conduct

Default Gucci pour homme

Hello Basenotes, I do not know much about the world of fragrance, and I am really in need of some advice so I was recommend this site by a wonderful man in liberty's. I was a huge fan of the scent Gucci pour homme (the one in a heavy square bottle with the dark lid, and was the colour of a really good whisky) and I know that it has been discontinued, I currently wear Tam Dao, molecule, Duro, and then some floral girly ones too sometimes, but the problem is I just can't get the memory of GPH out of my head and every time I go to buy a new fragrance I am always searching for something as good. Can anyone help me? Can you still get it anywhere? Have they reformulated it yet? What's wrong with them silly people it was so good! Many thanks. Jemma x

Default Re: Gucci pour homme

Good luck trying to find a bottle of this. If you are lucky enough to find one, expect to pay a hefty price. It is a wonderful scent for sure. (640)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jemmamake-up View Post
    Hello Basenotes, I do not know much about the world of fragrance, and I am really in need of some advice so I was recommend this site by a wonderful man in liberty's. I was a huge fan of the scent Gucci pour homme (the one in a heavy square bottle with the dark lid, and was the colour of a really good whisky) and I know that it has been discontinued, I currently wear Tam Dao, molecule, Duro, and then some floral girly ones too sometimes, but the problem is I just can't get the memory of GPH out of my head and every time I go to buy a new fragrance I am always searching for something as good. Can anyone help me? Can you still get it anywhere? Have they reformulated it yet? What's wrong with them silly people it was so good! Many thanks. Jemma x

Hi Jemma make-up, itís sadly been discontinued.

I have a 50ml bottle which I adore. Iím sure you will see it pop up now and again on eBay and there are a couple of perfume and cosmetic sites the last I looked about a year ago that still had stocks but as Hednic said you will have to pay a good amount for a bottle. It worth it though, tops many other recent releases that sell for much more.

Good luck, it's a bit of a hunt. Really hope you find one.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

Welcome!
    I've bought from these people twice and had a great experience.
    KCCO!

Thank you for the reply's
    I could not find any on that website that was given, but thank you very much anyway.
    I guess the search goes on.

Jemma

Quote Originally Posted by Jemmamake-up View Post
    Thank you for the reply's
    I could not find any on that website that was given, but thank you very much anyway.
    I guess the search goes on.

Jemma
    At the very bottom of the first post. Full bottle for $125.
    KCCO!

You can also get a mini bottle from fragrancenet. They go for about $10.00 a bottle.

I think I saw Username ChuckW selling a bottle recently in market place for sales here at BN , don't know if he sold it already ...much success in finding it ...btw I got a mini bottle from Fragrancenet..they seemed to have a lot of these mini bottles: I just got it there to get my nose on it but for me personally is no FBW but obtained it for base reference.....peace
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Thank you!!!
    Xx

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you xx

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you xxx

I've seen a few 1.7 oz bottles on Ebay. The cheapest price was $89.00. The 3.4 oz prices were crazy.

DSquared2 Potion is a scent that I find to be quite similar to Gucci pour Homme. Also, it's sold at relatively low prices. You may want to pick some up and give it a shot as a viable replacement.

Banned
    Blog Entries

1 of my fav's..i have 3 or 4 bottles of it..
    it is widely available on Ebay

I think there's some kind of seasonal thing going on with the prices for Gucci Pour Homme. When I searched closed auctions, in the warmer months of August/September, 100ml bottles sold for around $70-$100 depending upon if partially used or full. Since then there has been more bidding activity, driving the average auction prices up. Within the last month, there have been a couple of repeat bidders bumping things up $20-$50 above what they were before. Some incessant person even stacked 15 bids on one in an attempt to suppress other bidders. He won, but then decided to keep bidding up all auctions that have followed. I can't stand people like this.

While I'm on the prowl for this fragrance, I think I'll wait until the holiday season fervor dies down and get it for a more reasonable price.

I just bought a 5ml/.17oz bottle off of an Ebay seller just to sample it. If I end up liking it then I'll buy a full 100ml bottle and would not mind paying the $200 price tag.