Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Hi everyone - have a lovely day!

1953 EdT - Pell Wall.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 20 November 2013

HAGD all!

Wearing Tom Ford Black Orchid

My poor fiancee....he got the wrong message...he thought he had to fast on Sunday (which I do) and yesterday. Last night he came to give me a lovely gift and I reminded him that today he can only have water today as the liturgy is tonight. He tried to look enthusiastic while realising that while working long hours he has to go a third day without food!

Will be wearing La Liturgie des Heures in a few hours as I head off to the Liturgy service tonight.

sea roses
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

Blog Entries

Morning all & a happy hump day!

Back to dreary dreich weather here today, so l'm wearing Encens Flamboyant for work, for that comforting dry incense.

Poor Pasha! Was it a perfumed gift he gave you, Sea Roses?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Morning all & a happy hump day!

Back to dreary dreich weather here today, so l'm wearing Encens Flamboyant for work, for that comforting dry incense.

Poor Pasha! Was it a perfumed gift he gave you, Sea Roses?
    Hi gorgeous,

yes it was and I will post it soon as you might like it.........he really put a lot of thought into it!

many hugs from a feeling guilty

sea roses

teardrop just put up the photo in your collections in male section......a few posts above is my bell jar collections.
    Last edited by Sea Roses; 20th November 2013 at 10:03 AM.
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

Hi all! Just sitting by the french windows watching the squirrels and birds
    feeding and scampering about in the leaves. My leg cast comes off in seven days time and I
    can't tell you how much I am looking forward to that happening! I will be able to drive again
    and get some Christmas shopping done.
    I am wearing Donna Karan's Wenge.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Good morning all!

Hindu Kush for another horribly long day at school...

"Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, L'Instant de Guerlain for me today.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Indian Saffron by Montale
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. The dreich has descended here too, including a huge hailstorm a few minutes ago.

Nice to see you Devilcat

The Dominican Republic sounded like a wonderful and well deserved break, Mike. Welcome back !.

SotD is Lorenzo Villoresi Sandalo.

Happy Birthday Silverbullet

Hi everyone,

Winding down for the evening and catching up on the goings on.

Twolf ((hugs)) to you and yours. Sounds like Mr T had a great day, one just right for him and really that all that matters. TM Angel is not for me either. There's an overly strong sour burnt carmel smell makes me a bit ill (sorry that’s what get with this one).

ExtremeK a couple dozen strong and briny and the place would have definitely lived up to its name. The food was superb, I won’t comment on the effects hehe. Also loved your advice, Elirzj take the advice it’s worth its weight in big shiny diamonds.

Mike welcome back! Love the new signature btw

Sea Roses how incredibly sweet of your Pasha, he'll need a good meal after all that fasting.

Shades there are worse ways to go. Death by chocolate was so good I uttered a curse word on tasting the first spoonful.

RHM Glad to hear your Sofie is doing better.

Lesson of the day: It’s easier to deal with people when you realise that evolution can indeed go backwards. No matter, it may not be a good day but there is always good in the day. Here’s a pic of the good in my day.

photo.JPG

Such cuteness. I love my Barista, he always takes the time to do darling foam art for me no matter how busy he is.

A big run for me this morning to work of last nights indulgences, Jicky vintage EdC for the day and heading off to bed for an early night with a good book in lots and lots of Chanel No.5 from ScentFan’s jasmine sniff fest.

We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Bonjour Mesdames!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,YSL - Opium, vintage EDT

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. - Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hello, everyone!

Sea Roses, hope you are thoroughly enjoying your perfume gift, and since you're a few hours ahead of me, I also hope you're enjoying a well-deserved snack! Hugs and encouragement to Kewart as the cast-removal countdown heads into its final week, and Mike I need a full report on the Dominican, as that's where my DH promised (last August, for my dreaded birthday that ended in a 0) to take me for a long weekend sometime this winter. Neither of us know anything about the place other than it's supposed to be fabulous, is not someplace we'd "typically" go, and that we should be able to divide our time between beautiful hikes and somebody bringing us fruffy-but-potent drinks with umbrellas in them on the beach.

Speaking of indulgent vacations, today I'm giving a full test-drive to Viktona Minya's Hedonist thanks to a lovely sample from Kiliwia Normally I'm not a huge fan of fruit-sweet fragrances, but this one is a terrific blend with what feels to me like the unusual presence of peach. It feels a bit odd to be wearing such a sweet, luscious scent in frosty November, but it's a little vacation on my pulse points!

Wonderful Wednesday to all...

Hedonist notes: Rum, bergamot, peach, osmanthus absolute, jasmine abolute, orange flower absolute, tobacco, vanilla, cedarwood, vetiver.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Mike, I have heard DM is wonderful, fresh fruit all the time....the beaches...I bet the fruit is better there, unlike our super GMOgenized, steroid injected strawberries and such. It's a little weird going into the produce section sometimes..like what the heck is that?? A grape? Why is it the size of a softball and taste like one too? LOL. Glad you had a good time.

Shades, my goodness, crazy story!!!!!!!!!! Like go get drunk in your own back yard, ya know? Goodness. I found someone sleeping in my garage too once when I came back from somewhere. He decided to park his truck in there and sleep in his truck bed. I open the garage..I was like..who's truck is this? Then I see someone peek out of the truck bed, complete with a sleeping bag mind you.. he was like, 'oh is this your garage?' I was like yaaa. What the heck?! LOL.

Testing out some Fendi again, that 80's/90s smelling stuff, where is that MC Hammer and Christian Slater? Yellow suits with shoulder pads. LOL.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Good morning all! Doing some quick house cleaning in prep for my mother's visit starting tomorrow night.
    I missed all the Chanel Bois des Iles love yesterday and last night!! I just love that stuff, and glad to see others enjoying it so much.
    But soon to head to work in SL Santal Blanc At least it has the bois part
    Last edited by cello; 20th November 2013 at 12:41 PM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

YSL pour Homme Haute Concentration this morning
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Good morning!

Welcome back, Mike, you smell and look fabulous now after your vacation, the perfect time for your birthday next week. Very glad to hear you have enjoyed your trip.

Cello, good luck with the white glove inspection. I used to do so for my DMIL (not so "dear" in my case), and she would run her fingers on top of the opened doors -- that's where the only accumulation of dust had remained.

In Cabochard de Gres, the ancient extrait.

Good morning!

Welcome bak, Mike!!! What a dreamy vacation you must have had. Glad to see you back!

Xscent, your latte art made me smile. Soo cute!!! And I loved your lesson of the day - ha!!! I will try to keep that in mind at work today.

Did not sleep last night. I think I must have been thinking of the new job which I still have not heard about. I have a feeling my standard 2 travel mugs of black coffee is not going to be enough today.

After several of y'all mentioned to me that your Kelly Caleche is also a golden color, and not pink, I had convinced myself mine is normal after all and I must have just been overapplying. I put some on today (a moderate 2 spritzes) and I am getting a distinct BO smell from the Kelly Caleche. What gives?

Hello all. JHAG Calamity J.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

A big welcome back to Devilcat, we missed you!

Kewart, it's so good to hear you get your cast off soon!

Com Diva, I'm glad you are enjoying the Hedonist, I got a honey peach note from it with touches of rum and vanilla.

Wearing Emeraude this morning, in memory of my mom. She loved it and today would have been her birthday.

Have a good day, everyone.
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 20th November 2013 at 01:25 PM.

Five O'Clock Au Gingembre

Good morning, good smelling ones.

Neil Morris City Rain today. We have some but the small winter rain, it's not cold here today but looks cold, if that makes sense. Sort of muted...

Twolf, glad to hear your day went wonderful!

Mike, I'm hoping to see some pics!

I'm off to San Diego today. Packed away some samples/decants in my bag for training. Nothing too offensive or loud.

Today I'm trying Robert Piguet Jeunesse, but I'm not sure I had this sample labeled right. It's seems white flowery, not fruity. I have an unmarked sample in my stash too. I'll need to order this one and test it again. Especially if I wind up liking the unknown Nordstrom sample. I seem to remember an SA making a sample for me there, but I have no idea what it is. Unless it's Jeunesse. Hmmm....

Hello all. It's fun to read all the reports of trips and special times that are shared.

I could use positive thoughts and prayers today. I've a missing 18 year old son. Haven't heard from him since Mid-September and now he's been off all forms of social media since late October. I'm beginning to worry as he's not been hanging with quality people.

I've sprayed on a small bit of Chocolate Amber before the walk to give me a bit of scent which I won't feel bad just washing off when I shower in a bit.

Oh dear, (((danie))), how alarming!!! Is it typical for you to not hear from him for a long stretch of time or is this unprecedented? Sending big hugs to you and prayers for your son's reappearance.

elizrj, wishing you safe & fun travels! Never been to San Diego...would love to go one day!

I think I need to send someone a bit of my Kelly Caleche and have them let me know if it is a) a defective bottle or b) a fine bottle and my nose is defective. cello, you have some KC EDT, right (or am I mixing up who has EDT and who has EDP)? Can you help a sister out?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

((dani))

Vetiver Tonka today.

Wearing Givenchy Oblique Rewind -cherry, pistachio, honey and cashmere wood.

Danieq, so sorry to read about your son. That is terrifying. I hope he resurfaces and gets straightened out. I will keep you, and him, in my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinK View Post
    Oh dear, (((danie))), how alarming!!! Is it typical for you to not hear from him for a long stretch of time or is this unprecedented? Sending big hugs to you and prayers for your son's reappearance.
    This is not typical, however, I chose to not be terribly alarmed at first as he's just moved out this past April. I know that he's gotten involved with drug dealers and can only imagine a variety of unsavory activities. I know he's wanted by the authorities so he could just be lying low or have moved to a different city. The thing is that people were seeing him around and now no one has for some time and since he's stopped posting on FB and Instagram and such I am concerned. We adopted him when he was 8 out of a gang family. He's always been a very troubled young man but we had hoped that our influence might have helped him see a better path. So far, it seems as if it did not. As he's grown up, we've hoped we could get him to age 18 alive. We did that much at least, but now my greatest fear is .....well, you can imagine.

- - - Updated - - -

I am so glad to report that he IS still breathing. I don't have details, but I'm so glad to learn that he's at least OK. Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers!

summer means fireflys

BIG hugs to danieq ... How worried you must be!

I'm house twins with Xscent today. I seem to be doing a impromptu scented mini-series with Chanel this week ... I'm wearing Chanel no22 today. It's a day off for me, I have a pot of potato soup simmering on the stove and I'm just messing around the house today. I really enjoy a day off with no plans some days.

elizrj, have a safe and fun trip to San Diego! I went there once for a work trip and had a blast! I stayed on Coronado Island, not at the Del but we had lunch there one day. I loved that trip!

hugs to kiliwia too!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

(((Danieq))), I'm so sorry to hear the news about your son. Sending you very positive thoughts and many prayers. I hope you hear from him soon.

Thank you, Shades!

Oh Danieq, so glad you've had some news about him.
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 20th November 2013 at 09:07 PM.

Hi all--

Just back from an Oregon trip and re-entering Chicago with FRACAS.

The' Noir (black tea) by Ava Luxe

Basenotes Plus

Danieq, positive vibes heading your way in abundance. Not knowing is the worst part - when my sister was involved in the first big earthquake in Christchurch, NZ we were unable to make contact for days and were frantic with worry. I can't speak as a parent, but I am really glad to hear that you have some positive news to allay at least some of your fears.

SotE - Terre D'Hermes Parfum.

(((Kiliwia)))

Welcome back Chicagoista

Oh Danieq! I'm glad to hear he's ok, but what a scare for you!

Thank you shades! I wish I was going for something other than a whirlwind work trip. I don't expect to have much fun, and it's cold and rainy there right now. Probably a good thing since we'll be indoors the entire time training.

ErinK, would you like me to send you a decant from my bottle? I don't wear it very often, and now that I have fallen for Bottega Veneta, I tend to turn my nose up to Kelly Caleche. I really should revisit.

Basenotes Junkie

Dior - Oud Ispahan ( courtesy of Prim )
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior Privee, Chanel Exclusif, Creed, Maison Francis Kurkdjian, MOLECULE 01
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

Quote Originally Posted by ErinK View Post

elizrj, wishing you safe & fun travels! Never been to San Diego...would love to go one day!

I think I need to send someone a bit of my Kelly Caleche and have them let me know if it is a) a defective bottle or b) a fine bottle and my nose is defective. cello, you have some KC EDT, right (or am I mixing up who has EDT and who has EDP)? Can you help a sister out?
    Happy to help, Erin. I can send you some of mine (and you can pick a few extras out since you were so generous with you "samples" ), or I'm happy to sniff yours . Either way! We need to get to the bottom of this mystery

Haha, you guys are so sweet to humor me on this "mystery" - haha. I think it was Robin last week who mentioned her "first world problem" with pants never fitting because she is shaped like a model -- this would be my third world problem, wondering if my Hermes perfume is defective or not. As my dad would say, "Let it go, Louie!" (I think that is from a Budweiser commercial from a few years ago, classy I know, but Dad still quotes it, along with "Let's have some pie!" whatever that was from).

OK, so I am venturing out of the Eastern NC wilderness tonight and going to Raleigh and I may ask *very nicely* for Jay to take me to the mall so I can go to Sephora and sniff their KC tester. (I also have been lemming a sniff of Jour d'Hermes lately....) ....And while we're there might as well stop by L'Occitane as I want to sniff Rose 4 Reines - thinking it might be the right rose for my mom for Christmas. Oh yeah, also need to stop at Lush. (Poor sweet boyfriend, he doesn't know what's coming.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Roses View Post
    Hi gorgeous,

yes it was and I will post it soon as you might like it.........he really put a lot of thought into it!

many hugs from a feeling guilty

sea roses

teardrop just put up the photo in your collections in male section......a few posts above is my bell jar collections.
    Wow Sea Roses your Lutens collection is stunning!! l was drooling over a pic of that LE bottle on one of the blogs just the other day, how amazing that your Pasha got that for you, what a treasure he is!

l have just bumped the female version of the Post Your Pics thread, as l'd love to see more ladies posting their beautiful collections around here!

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    it may not be a good day but there is always good in the day.
    This is the best quote l've seen in a long time. l've had a pretty bad day at work, but coming home to Mr teardrop & a good meal on the table puts the good in my day. And so do you guys! Plus a spritz or three of Samsara.

(((danie)))
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks everyone for the welcome back greetings - here's some photos of my Santo Domingo trip:

A typical Dominican breakfast: egss, Mangu (mashed plaintains), salami, fried cheese & coffee!) Delicioso!

Oceanfront dinner (the yuca mofongo was fantastic)

Being serenaded 'Happy Birthday' by the natives @ dinner. Fun and LOUD!

The Botanical Garden entrance

Selfie by the Japanese pond

Stopping to smell the roses

A friend and I getting all 'Charlies Angels' in the bamboo sanctuary. This was the most magical place - it was like something out of Kung Fu Panda. Just beautiful.

I also got to do lots of other things, I didn't take photos of. And not what you're thinking (wink, wink) I went horseback riding, got a clay wrap and had a beautiful lunch in La Romana, about 2 hours away from Santo Domingo. In addition, I spent a lot of time just relaxing, I went salsa dancing three nights in a row, and I ate lots of Dominican food. Oh yeah, and I broke some hearts while I was there also. Hee, hee...

SOTD is the autumnal:

Sova by Slumberhouse

I'm living off samples of this wondering how long I can last before I'm gonna have to buy some.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Thanks to all for the well wishes. It is better to have at least the knowledge that he is still around. I was having a bit of a freak out.

Mike, your trip looks like great fun. Always fun to try interesting foods especially.

Danieq, many positive thoughts are sent your way. Like you said -- at least he is still breathing. Must have been a huge relief to hear from/about him. Hugs.

Mikie, thanks for sharing your happy times with us: you look goofy and relaxed, just like you should.

Picked up a free turkey from work, dropped it off at a friend's parents' house: they always have a huge family gathering and I still remember eating the whole da*n bird myself a few years ago until April(?) from frozen -- Nevermore! -- and then fell asleep in the new chair while Mr.T was watching the news. Good day overall.

We are expecting a 40 degree drop in temperature tomorrow, together with the 4th snow that might stay. I will be in Profumum Dambrosia tonight. It satisfies!

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Danieq, many positive thoughts are sent your way. Like you said -- at least he is still breathing. Must have been a huge relief to hear from/about him. Hugs.

We are expecting a 40 degree drop in temperature tomorrow, together with the 4th snow that might stay. I will be in Profumum Dambrosia tonight. It satisfies!
    Thanks Twolf, it was a grand relief. I'll admit I'm a bit put out with him now for ignoring my messages and his dad's. We hadn't bombarded him, just each sent him one, but he seems to be angry with us. Ah well, alive is much better. My oldest DD was sad that I was worried over such a thing. Sometimes I forget that this isn't a normal thing that most parents worry over.

I've scented one arm with Fleur de Peau and the other with Cuir Mauresque so that they may duke it out in grand fashion. Cuir Mauresque is winning so far in terms of brute strength but I'm not sure which I like best. I am currently quite obsessed with leather notes.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Ermenegildo Zegna Z tonight, I cannot wait for our Southeast Florida 'winter' to arrive. A series of a few days in the high 30s or low 40s with concurrent low humidity from late December through mid February is eagerly awaited each year. My fireplace is awaiting..
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Danieq alive is half the battle. Excluifs samples will be out to you Monday I had to go forage for a vial of M, the joys of renovating.

Teardrop it was the little things that got me through yesterday (hugs)

Mike looks like you had a blast and that breakfast sounds pretty good too. I think Sova would be a wonderful reminder of the fun you had in the DR or maybe a Thanksgiving present to your good self? Is that enough enabling?

Bel Respiro for this morning yoga and run. Switching to Habit Rouge for today.

Last edited by Xscent; 21st November 2013 at 12:57 AM. Reason: adding pic

Thanks Xscent, I'll be posting a batch to you tomorrow!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    Mike looks like you had a blast and that breakfast sounds pretty good too. I think Sova would be a wonderful reminder of the fun you had in the DR or maybe a Thanksgiving present to your good self? Is that enough enabling?
    Well...next week is my birthday...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    I cannot wait for our Southeast Florida 'winter' to arrive. A series of a few days in the high 30s or low 40s with concurrent low humidity from late December through mid February is eagerly awaited each year. My fireplace is awaiting..
    Amen!

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Well...next week is my birthday...

- - - Updated - - -

For the love of all things that smell divine GO. BUY. NOW!!! Then you can bask in a SOVA haze for your birthday AND Thanksgiving. See what a practical decision it would be. Consider yourself enabled

Basenotes Institution

Lol

-- Jack Kerouac

Lordy, I love you people. You never fail to bring big smiles to my day. xxxooo to all of you for another wonderful SotD thread.

I'm über late posting, but danieq, I'm so glad you heard from him, even if he is irritated. I'm sure your family has made a big difference in his life.

Xscent, I'm quite sure I've uttered the same curse word (and probably the other one, too) over criminally fantastic meals. My SO remarked that you and I sound like two peas. Taking on NYC with you next year would be a hoot!

kewart, I'm so glad to hear that the countdown is on to a cast-free leg. Just in time for the holidays, too! Will you also need to do supervised rehab on that leg?

Twolf, I'm awaiting my Profumum sample with baited breath. I'll let you know my thoughts on it, hopefully by week's end. Glad Mr. T had a nice birthday -- and nice to see you resting some! Maybe you and I will get snowed in tomorrow night

No rest for the wicked (i.e., me) today. David has a confirmed case of strep throat, and I went back to the office for a full day of work. I got a lot accomplished today, but I'll definitely be glad when this year-end craziness comes to an end.

Being totally influenced by teardrop's SotD a couple of days ago, I wore YSL Cinema. Good night, my fragrant friends.

For me, Vol de Nuit parfum.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.