Code of Conduct

Talking Acqua Di Gio vs La Nuit De L'homme vs L'eau D'issey

Hey guys,

I'm sure these type of posts come all the time, but I'm yet to see a comparison of these specific fragrances. I went to my local department store and I could only test the Acqua Di Gio. Honestly, the place was already so perfume-heavy, I couldn't really isolate the fragrance to get a feel of what it was like.

I'm just looking for a fresh fragrance that lasts a long amount of time and won't knock someone out from the scent. I've read individual reviews for each fragrance but I feel that a comparison between the three would be more beneficial in me making my decision.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Acqua Di Gio vs La Nuit De L'homme vs L'eau D'issey

Quote Originally Posted by Splashy View Post

I'm just looking for a fresh fragrance that lasts a long amount of time and won't knock someone out from the scent.
    I own all three and enjoy all three but Acqua Di Gio fits the description above best IMO. (645)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

+1 for Acqua Di Gio

I much prefer the AdG to the Issey. La Nuit is a wonderful fragrance, but AdG sounds like it's what you are looking for in a fragrance. Of course, you should still go test them out because smell is so subjective.

Issey Miyake all the way a hall of famer and less used this time of day, will definitely stand out more then the ADG: Lanuit del homme is great juice for what it is but it is short lived and doesn't last long 5-6 hrs tops...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Thank you all for the responses, keep them coming. From past comparisons from previous threads, I was under the impression that D'issey>Acqua.
    Anyway, I gotta go to sleep. I'm looking forward to hear more .

At first La Nuit De L'Homme it's not fresh fragrance. Between these two I choose Acqua Di Gio.

Sound Scents

I own and enjoy AdG. The other two are a couple of my least liked compositions... I think AdG accomplishes what you are looking for best.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

As stated above AdG and Leau d'Issey are most similar of those 3, as fresh citrusy frags. I prefer AdG of those, as well.

La Nuit is very nice, but not even close in scent to those two, it's a spicy, dark, sweet offering. Very different, probably more useful for evening/date/cool weather use.

I agree what others have noted. ADG is the freshest scent that fits your requirement. But YSL L'Nuit is a favorite of mine and I would prefer that in most circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Splashy View Post
    I'm just looking for a fresh fragrance that lasts a long amount of time and won't knock someone out from the scent. I've read individual reviews for each fragrance but I feel that a comparison between the three would be more beneficial in me making my decision.
    None of those three.

I'd suggest something less synthetic, such as Solo Loewe Intense or Le Labo Bergamote 22.

Out of the 3, La Nuit is the best smelling one but it is far from a fresh fragrance. AdG is best fit the bill but please keep in might that it is very very common. L'eau D'issey just smells off-putting, think rotten vegetables

Hello Splashy,
    La Nuit is not fresh, so if you're looking for that, forget La Nuit. (But it gets compliments like crazy, though)

Also, Issey has a downside: the first hour. It's too damn floral, almost unbearable sometimes. But after that hour, it's heaven! And it projects and lasts for a huge time. Big compliment getter too.

Acqua di Gio is pretty awesome in the first 2~3 hours. Projects well, and all. But after that 3 hour mark it gets very close to my skin. So you might want to consider that too. This one gets insane compliments as well. It's probably the better compliment getter from this list.

I hope this helps

I have to say AdG. People just dig it and that's it. Well Chrome and Cool Water also. If you'd like something more spicy, less citrusy and yet in style of AdG, try Bvlgari Aqua.

Not quite sure how La Nuit fits into all of this. La Nuit is a sweet/seductive/night time scent. AdG is a casual versatile aquatic/citrus, as is Issey. Personally, I don't care for Issey, it smells like bleached wood (ex: spilling Clorox on a wood deck type smell), mixed with pepper and sour citrus notes.

So.. if I was faced with AdG or Issey, it would be AdG all the way.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

I would say La Nuit. Lovely and safe fragrance. I, personally wouldn't wear AdG in the winter, so therefore La Nuit wins.
    I don't know about Issey.

Though La Nuit is a personal favorite, ADG and L'Eau d'Issey would be the easiest choice/solution in terms of a fresh fragrance that last more than decently throughout the day without overpowering while still projecting sufficiently.

Own and love all three of these big time crowd pleasers! However, with your criteria ADG and L'eau Issey are what you need to be looking at. ADG is the safer bet and lasts a good amount of time for a citrus based scent on me.....and Issey is a projection and longevity bomb that is bitter/sour citric with some heavy florals(at least on my skin)that can sometimes be offputting/harsh. It took me more a couple wearings to start to like this one....but always got compliments from others when I wore it. Issey is the only one of these 3 that IMO could be a little risky-love/hate one

Thanks for all the responses. I guess I'll go for the Acqua Di Gio then

If you are looking for freshest scent, then AdG. Miyake just doesn't do it for me at all. Of the three I prefer la nuit, like everyone else says it is not a fresh scent at all. However I think that ADG is extremely played out, and I would get a nice vetiver instead...

As others have stated La Nuit is a heavier, spicy fall/winter night frag. IMHO.
    I recently tried L'eau D'issey at a duty free shop to see what the hype and for reference and maybe future purchase.
    After 20 minutes I went to the mens room at the airport to scrub it off. It wasnt horrible or off putting. Just not something I wanted to smell for the next 3+ hours.
    Definately glad I didn't blind buy as it is a very highly touted warm weather frag. I ended up wearing Bleu de Chanel for the last leg of my trip. Probly won't buy that either.
    I haven't tried ADG.
    Kenzo ph or Lanvin l'homme sport are more interesting and versatile "fresh" scents.

- - - Updated - - -

Also try the Bvlgari Aqva line.
    R de Revillon is a great long lasting, non offensive, fresh scent. And cheap. You cant go wrong with that.

Basenotes Plus

La Nuit is not at all fresh, although my choice.
    You want fresh? ADG.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Issey Miyake