Code of Conduct

Default Where to buy Creed SMW or GIT

Sorry, I know there are threads that have touched on this before but I'm looking for an up to date recommendation

I would love to hear from anyone that's purchased either of these recently at a discounted price and is happy with the result.

For instance, I noticed that fragrancenet have them for a very low price (i.e. $112 for 2.5 oz of SMW)

At first I read a number of comments saying its a decent retailer and I could accept getting an old batch but I've spotted a few saying the smell has been weak/just bad etc compared to those purchased through retail stores.

There are physically no retail stores in my country but I could order from strawberrynet as I know they've always been legit and their prices for creed are not cheap. However, the prices on fragrancenet, beautyencounter and fragrancex are pretty tempting.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Where to buy Creed SMW or GIT

i bought millesime imperial from fragrancenet and i had no problem with it. it was really good an authentic. everything seemed to be as it should and the smell was great. the smell may vary because of the batches, which you probably already know. i was very happy with my purchase and i will buy another creed from there again when i find another i like. probably during the summer. fragrancenet is a good site and i order from there often. to me, fragrancenet is a great place to order fragrances from. hope i helped a little.

Fragrancenet would indeed be your best bet price wise.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    fragrancenet would indeed be your best bet price wise.
    +1...yep✔️
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I bought about 60% of my Creed frags from amazon and never recieved a bottle older than 2 years at the time of purchase.
    KCCO!

Thanks, I think I'll go with fragrancenet

I bought a 4.oz bottle of Virgin Island Water from Fragrancenet. The smell was way off. It was supposed to be a 2013 batch. But it did not smell like my decant or the bottle from Neiman Marcus. It smelled way off, a lot stronger, sweeter, and more synthetic. I then bought another 2.5oz bottle from beautyencounter. It was from an old batch. However, it smelled just like my decant and the Neiman bottle. So I kept it.

Fragrancenet does have a great return policy. But if you are not in US, I don't know whether it matters.

For sure!
    Fragrancenet would indeed be your best bet price wise.

Basenotes Plus

Fragrancenet.

Cool help me buy CREED online

Hello guys

weather is cold here in NY

first, i want to thank you guys for reading this thread.

i am going to buy CREED fragrances from Fragrancenet.

they recently have stocked smaller bottle such as 1oz or 2.5oz

hmmmmm even testers..

has anyone tried em yet ?

i have heard fragrancenet. sells really CREED but just bit curious.

newly stocked means fresher ?? or same older bottle just different size ?

i just want to get the real one for reasonable price.

so do you guys think those newly stocked smaller bottle and testers are real ?? (box looks different in the picture )

thank you!
    Last edited by zonkblue88; 20th November 2013 at 02:29 PM.

Default Re: help me buy CREED online

Fragrancenet is fine. Purchased a few Creeds from them. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Fragrancenet is fine. Purchased a few Creeds from them. Enjoy!
    did u get the 4.0 oz bottle ??

hows the smell? fresh ?

Hiya!
    This was a very helpful, recent thread about buying Creed from Fragrancenet, so we'll merge them.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/371...d+fragrancenet

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Hiya!
    This was a very helpful, recent thread about buying Creed from Fragrancenet, so we'll merge them.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/371...d+fragrancenet
    ok~ thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by underthewaves View Post
    Thanks, I think I'll go with fragrancenet
    hey man. did u get creed from fragrancenet. ?

what size ??

how are they good ??

im planning to get em lol

I just bought a 4.0 oz bottle of O. Santal from fragrancenet via amazon because I had a 5.00 gift card and the bottle was like 10.00 cheaper then the actual fragrancenet site and I'm perfectly happy with it. It's a 2013 batch and it smells exactly like my old bottle that came from Neiman's. It came out to 132.00 tax included. This would be the 3rd creed I have ordered from fragrencenet and Have never had an issue with old bottles or authenticity. The only thing that I don't like is the fact that bc I live in NY where they are located I have to always pay tax but it still beats paying full price.

Like others I believe Fragrancenet and LJS Shopping are two deep discounters that have brought this house a little more mainstream to the populace. I have never had any problems with the products from either discounter. I believe a portion of my stock was originally destined for the middle east but other than that they are very authentic and the price points are amazing compared to the boutique. So I have had a 100% success rate and I hope you do to.

Quote Originally Posted by versaceboy54 View Post
    The only thing that I don't like is the fact that bc I live in NY where they are located I have to always pay tax but it still beats paying full price.
    Well, if Congress passes the Internet Sales Tax Law we might all be paying tax like you regardless what state we come from!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Well, if Congress passes the Internet Sales Tax Law we might all be paying tax like you regardless what state we come from!
    It has to happen doesn't it?

I bought GIT online from Walgreens. It had a good deal at the time, and there was a coupon code that further reduced the price. Not sure what the prices are there now, but it might be another source to check out.

I don't like Fragrancenet because it signs you up for a magazine subscription as a "free gift" without your knowledge when you make a purchase. It took jumping through hoops by phone and e-mail to get those subscriptions canceled. I e-mailed Fragrancenet once asking if there was a way to opt out of the magazine subscription before placing an order, but I never received a reply. Because of that, I will never shop there again.

I've heard that somewhere in the ordering process there is supposed to be a way to opt out of the magazines down in the fine print, but I've never paid that much attention. I will now....
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...Ess-de-Cerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by zonkblue88 View Post
    did u get the 4.0 oz bottle ??

hows the smell? fresh ?
    All the ones I purchase were 4 oz bottles. All were good to go. Service and quality were fine.

I recently bought a 4 oz GIT from
    http://www.perfumedeals.com/

One of the best purchases I ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    All the ones I purchase were 4 oz bottles. All were good to go. Service and quality were fine.
    thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by weylin View Post
    I recently bought a 4 oz GIT from
    http://www.perfumedeals.com/

One of the best purchases I ever made.
    seems pretty nice website store

Fragrancenet often sells the same fragrances at greater discount on EBay. However, be aware that Fragrancenet has 170 negative feedback comments in the last year, with some buyers alleging they received fake fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBuff40 View Post
    Fragrancenet often sells the same fragrances at greater discount on EBay. However, be aware that Fragrancenet has 170 negative feedback comments in the last year, with some buyers alleging they received fake fragrances.
    Anything is possible but I have been very lucky then not experiencing any fakes. I think Fragrancenet would lose it's prestige if many were turning up as fakes. I think a vast percentage of the bad publicity may be due to miscommunication over a misrepresented product.

I bought a fake from fragrancenet. But I also bought the real things from them. So to me there's definitely a risk. But the discount may be worth the risk due to their good return policy. It's up to you. I just bought an Amouage from them a few days ago. Still waiting to receive it. And I'll surely compare it with the sample I have.

As a grey market seller, fragrancenet does not source their niche products from the manufacturers directly. They accept goods from various upstream resellers. Even if fragrancenet is legit, it doesn't mean all their suppliers are trustworthy or have the optimal conditions to store fragrances. I've even heard horrible stories that unscrupulous people buy the real thing and return the fake they bought somewhere else for refund. And guess who this returned fake will be passed on to? Anyway, always pay attention to the product you've received. If you are not happy, return it.

Well just to conclude this thread, i ordered from FragNet and my order arrived a few days ago

1 4oz of Silver Mountain Water
    1 98ml of Encre Noire
    1 50ml Guerlain Champs-Elysées (for mum)

All seem good and legit as I can tell/smell as far . They are now all wrapped up as presents now.

Shipping time was ok. Packaging seemed fine.

As others have noted Fragrancenet is the old standby and is very competitive occasionally Beauty Encounter runs a deep discount on individual fragrances in a said line. Some of the best 4oz prices are from LJShopping when scouring the internet I think they are currently discounting 20% if i'm not mistaken.

The best bottle of MI I've had was from cheapsmells/allbeauty.com. I bought a fresher one from an authorised retailer but found the bargain one smelled a notch above and it was over 40% cheaper!

So I say go for the cheap option. Fragrance net is legit. Cheap = more money for other frags

Sent from my HTC One
    Last edited by badr; 13th December 2013 at 07:07 PM.

I think fragrancenet is a great place to order fragrances from