Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Ultraviolet Man or Ultrared Man

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ultraviolet Man

2 28.57%
  • Ultrared Man

5 71.43%

Default Paco Ultraviolet Man or Ultrared Man???

Just wondering to those who have tried both, which one you prefer? And if you could compare the two scents also it would be greatly appreciated! I own and love Black XS and 1Million, so thinking I should look into one of these two older releases as well?

Default Re: Paco Ultraviolet Man or Ultrared Man???

I have both, and like them both equally. If you like 1 Million & Black XS, there is a good chance you will like both. Like most PR fragrances, they are very sweet and quite strong. Ultrared man is a bit more of a gouramond, where the Ultraviolet man is more of a lighter scent. Hard to pick a favorite between them - but I would say if you like sweet, chocolate, vanilla, I would recommend Ultrared man. If you like sweet and minty, you should go with Ultraviolet man.

I think Ultrared Man is closer to 1 Million and Black XS than Ultraviolet Man is, but that may be a reason to go with Ultraviolet Man - to avoid going with something too similar (but I don't think they smell alike by any means).

I suppose if I had to keep just one, I would go with Ultrared man.

I think Ultrared was almost the forefather to 1 Million in its sweet gourmand plus bitter citrus, while I find Ultraviolet to be a synthetic concoction like none other. UV's closest resemblance is probably found in Bleecker Street by Bond No. 9 but it lacks the fruitiness and subtle sweetness of Bleecker Street. It's more like the outline of BS than the actual experience. I prefer UV but have less experience with UR.
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garons
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9
    Soon to include "Ab Spirit Silver"

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

I only have UV, which I admit is unique and pleasant, but I just don't reach for it that much. Since you already have those two, I would try to add something in a totally different genre since they both appear to be good but not quite great.
    Last edited by TheDreamer; 21st November 2013 at 02:01 AM.

Thanks so much for the insight fellas, I greatly appreciate it!!!

Even though Ultrared looks like it was introduced not that long ago,(2008 i think?) it seems to be way harder to find and more expensive than Ultraviolet which was released 6 or 7 years earlier from what I've read....strange they axed this much later release so soon and keep the older one?! Perhaps Ultrared was not a big seller for the PR house?

I own both and like both but prefer Ultrared Man
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I own Ultrared Man and personally like it much more as it is closer to Gourmand which is my fragrance type compared to Ultraviolet.

bigbz the reason it is harder to find is that upon release it was stated to be a limited edition which is why I bought a back up.

Not sure why they would do that as the fragrance was not around that long, but is now going for steep prices if it can be found. I wish you luck in your search.

[QUOTE=ujpes;2998256]
    bigbz the reason it is harder to find is that upon release it was stated to be a limited edition which is why I bought a back up.
    QUOTE]

Oh, didn't know this was a limited edition....now it totally makes sense why its so tough to find! Geez, that's a bummer as I'm a huge sweet gourmand fan myself....oh well, may just have to do without this one.

Have never tried Ultrared, I find it pretty hard to find. I have however, sampled Ultraviolet and thought it was ok, just not bottle worthy. More of like a novelty fragrance really, it's fun, it's playful, it's sweet and sugary, but serves no purpose to me. I prefer the more fragrance-like (meaning I can actually notice the top, mid and base notes) Jacomo Paradox Blue, which is very similar to Ultraviolet, except where UV is just sort of "blah", Paradox Blue keeps me interested.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Have never tried Ultrared, I find it pretty hard to find. I have however, sampled Ultraviolet and thought it was ok, just not bottle worthy. More of like a novelty fragrance really, it's fun, it's playful, it's sweet and sugary, but serves no purpose to me. I prefer the more fragrance-like (meaning I can actually notice the top, mid and base notes) Jacomo Paradox Blue, which is very similar to Ultraviolet, except where UV is just sort of "blah", Paradox Blue keeps me interested.
    Paradox Blue huh?! Well I will have to look into this one then! I have a couple Jacomo scents and have always thought they were good quality, especially considering the price point.

Banned
    Blog Entries

It took me 3 months to track down Red which is discontinued..
    It's all about Orange Blossom..
    UV Man is a great sweet almost feminine frag..
    Both are solid but I prefer Red..