Code of Conduct

Default Any more impressions of the new Patou Pour Homme?

any more?
    thread reviver

Default Re: Any more impressions of the new Patou Pour Homme?

I had occasion to smell the vintage a few weeks ago, and the new one yesterday. To my nose, they don't smell the same, though the differences could, I suppose, be explained by age. I'm not convinced, as the old version was so dry and herbal, whereas the new just seems to be a pleasant, well-composed, modernised version of an old-school classic (there's still a traditional vibe lurking under the surface). There was also a strange, watery, vaguely fruity note that had no business being there. It's well done and unlikely to offend, but ultimately unexciting, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    I had occasion to smell the vintage a few weeks ago, and the new one yesterday. To my nose, they don't smell the same, though the differences could, I suppose, be explained by age. I'm not convinced, as the old version was so dry and herbal, whereas the new just seems to be a pleasant, well-composed, modernised version of an old-school classic (there's still a traditional vibe lurking under the surface). There was also a strange, watery, vaguely fruity note that had no business being there. It's well done and unlikely to offend, but ultimately unexciting, imo.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post
    as the old version was so dry and herbal, whereas the new just seems to be a pleasant, well-composed, modernised version of an old-school classic
    I suspected so much.
    They'd release a (generic & low cost) crowd pleaser to bank on its enormous reputation & rarity.

for swap/sale: