Code of Conduct

Default 1 Million & A*Men...which one attracts more female attention?

So there are these two amazing fragrances that temporarily marks spots you pass through with it's scent, and they are:
    - Thierry Mugler Angel Men (A*Men)
    - Paco Rabanne 1 Million

sure I've worn them for over a month, I like both, got some compliments (but balanced between men & women). I don't want to get old researching about this so I'd just like to know which one do ladies like more?

also, there's this guy, Jacques Bogart Silver Scent which I've heard lots of good comments about though I've never been able to get my hands on one. To the people who have one, how is it? Does it last as long as the 2 mentioned before? How's the sillage & projection? does it blast for several hours and become incredibly weak til the end of the day even if they do still last or do they project moderately (about 1 or 2 meters) once it gets past that 'explosive' stage? I've seen comments online about how people say that this is a 1 Million clone.

Blog Entries

Default Re: 1 Million & A*Men...which one attracts more female attention?

Welcome to Basenotes!

I think you're probably going to get answers all over the place on this one. It's pretty difficult to quantify "female attention," and my impression is that some people/women will prefer one, some will like both, and some will like neither. I know--that's not very helpful

Which one do YOU like best? Which one makes YOU feel the most comfortable and confident? In that case, wear the one that makes you feel more confident. My thought is that confidence will get more attention than a fragrance. Just my opinion.
    Check out my personal blog: http://stayathomedadfindsacologne.com

"Perfume and incense make the heart glad..."

-Proverbs 27:9

Impossible to say. My wife hates both!

I would go with A*Men (drydown).

1 Million

Versatility and the intensity of comments I received far outweighs anything tAr*MEN offers.

Yea A*Men sounds a bit dangerous in the 1st 2 hours of spraying, but the drydown sounds rly good, also, is it better than 1 million in terms of longevity, projection, and sillage? and how about silver scent? I'd like to buy it if it's on par with 1 million because it's much much cheaper

A*Men would be my guess.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

A*Men: Great scent, but too strong and overpowering for everyday use. Just two sprays of this will make the haters in public hold their nose.

1 Million: Not as potent, smoother, and gets me more compliments than A*Men. This is the better choice for wearing in public by far (and the TV ad music ain't bad either).
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Quote Originally Posted by velgasius View Post
    So there are these two amazing fragrances that temporarily marks spots you pass through with it's scent, and they are:
    - Thierry Mugler Angel Men (A*Men)
    - Paco Rabanne 1 Million

sure I've worn them for over a month, I like both, got some compliments (but balanced between men & women). I don't want to get old researching about this so I'd just like to know which one do ladies like more?

also, there's this guy, Jacques Bogart Silver Scent which I've heard lots of good comments about though I've never been able to get my hands on one. To the people who have one, how is it? Does it last as long as the 2 mentioned before? How's the sillage & projection? does it blast for several hours and become incredibly weak til the end of the day even if they do still last or do they project moderately (about 1 or 2 meters) once it gets past that 'explosive' stage? I've seen comments online about how people say that this is a 1 Million clone.
    For me its 1Million hands down, WAYYYYY more compliments with the ladies than AMEN! I also own Silver Scent(and the extreme version too.lol)and to me SS is nothing like 1Million, its got a strong grape like smell....and it is amonst the most powerful scents in projection and longevity that I own...easily as strong and long lasting as both 1Mill and Amen on my skin!

- - - Updated - - -

OBTW-if you want an excellent Amen clone without the dreaded "tar" note and dirt cheap....look into Cuba Prestige! Its very close in terms of smell and also in the longevity and projection dept. as well. Its anywhere between 7.99(at Ross)up to around $15 online....seriously check it out!

One million not even close. Like really. I have no met one single girl in real life that likes A*men. Doesnt matter how many gfs ive asked, how many strangers ive asked no one. Pure malt and pure havane do get some love and I do get random compliments on those. But even for those I have been told they that they didnt like them. I cant even think of one girl that has ever told me she doenst like one million off hand.

Quote Originally Posted by seekritdude View Post
    One million not even close. Like really. I have no met one single girl in real life that likes A*men. Doesnt matter how many gfs ive asked, how many strangers ive asked no one. Pure malt and pure havane do get some love and I do get random compliments on those. But even for those I have been told they that they didnt like them. I cant even think of one girl that has ever told me she doenst like one million off hand.
    Yes! Never had one negative comment from a female on this scent, always told how amazing it smells!

A*Men for my crowd of thirty-somethings. Never had a complaint with any of the Mugler line. Lots of good feedback - and I usually go heavy on the trigger.
    Signature Rotation: A* Men, Pure Havane, Dunhill Pursuit, Varvatos Artisian, Guerlain Vetiver

I'm an obsessed fan of vanilla!! Can't get enough of them, I like chocolate too (hence the A*Men reference) but not as ridiculous as vanilla. I can't get tobacco vanille anywhere here and I mean ANYWHERE any vanilla scents as potent as A*Men? because 1 million's about only 75% as potent as A*Men...is it Le Male? I love 1 million but I just KNOW there's an even superior powerhouse out there, I just haven't found it yet...

though I'm just enjoying these 2 great frags right now

1 Million for younger ladies (teens/early college) and A*men for college and up (not saying its for old men by any means, its just in the eyes of the inexperienced younger crowd 1 Million is superior-which is quite contrary to my belief). 1 Million wins out in projection (and is the absolute BEST clubbing scent, but A*men has better longevity with 1 million right behind). Both are best worn in colder temperatures. Honestly imo both are great scents and what makes one better than the other is what situation you wear them in.
    Well enjoying what you're wearing is crucial, it is of the utmost importance to wear something that others like as well.

what's the difference between 1 million & 1 million fever? (the one with a keychain)

Neither Aventus plus DHI and plum Japonais do it for me...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Never met a woman who likes either.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

A*Men and Pure Malt are the only two colognes I have ever literally went to the bathroom and washed the juiced off.

Repulsive.

Someone wore this to a local bar a few months back (IN THE SUMMER), and I'm not sure who it was. But whoever it was, when I walked past them, I was literally hit in the face with a brickwall made of A*Men... Disgusting.

A*Men gets the compliments

1Million is an awful scent (smelly socks and cheese mix).

Banned
    Blog Entries

Both are loud and in your face..
    Better suited for nights..

I prefer A*Men

Depends on the person wearing it of course, but for the normal average Joe I would think 1 Million would get more compliments because of the sweetness and the potency. Then again there's a lot of women that prefer clean smelling fragrances.

None, seriously.

You will be complimented on your cologne depending on you:

1. What the girls you like like: well dressed or shabby? Well groomed and tidy or uncontrolled-looking appereance? Polite, gentle, politically correct or opinionated, rude, manly?

2. Colognes are just a tiny part of the way you present yourself. Going strong on the trigger will mark you as "disco stu" in the USA, men are not supposed to wear them; not down here, for example. Flirting with girls will get you out of the game - in the USA, not in Argentina: girls expect guys to be aggresive to some point. After these facts come compliments on the cologne you are wearing. Rest assure, if things go fine, she will make you change your tastes according to her's.

3. The cuteness factor: If you are a cute guy fulfilling the expectations of girls, you will be complimented by most wearing either one. If you are cute and an asshole or rude guy, well, none will bring compliments. If you are cute and moneyed, chances are many girls will go after you. If you are an ugly guy, chances are some girls will chase if you are nice to them, you will get compliments from them. If you are a moneyed guy and an asshole, one or to will go after you get married, get you sign a contract, divorce you and get your money. Of course you will be complimented on either one at first. Then they will despise them. As you can see, scents play a minor role.

3. Don'tbe a jerk. For example, don't introduce yourself with a business card. That is, I guess, a global faux pas - well, I have the feeling that is not so in China. If you do that, they will say to their friends something like "and he wore this cologne that reeked stupidity".

Disregard choices. Be yourself, and wear cologne the way men should: if it is strong, take care. You risk being mocked.
    Last edited by Pollux; 24th November 2013 at 06:32 AM.

Get some confidence.

amen: ladies over 25
    1,000,000= teens and under 25
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

A*Men.

i personally enjoy both, but 1 million has gotten me more compliments. not that it matters too much.